Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2020 3:32:03 PM EDT

https://www.koin.com/news/special-reports/oregon-concealed-carry-applicants-face-months-long-delays-amid-virus/
Washington County reopened CHL processing in early June and has experienced a higher volume of new applicants than one supervisor has seen in 15 years with the department. The CHL unit has been booking appointments out four months when, previously, applicants only had to wait about two weeks for an appointment.

Multnomah County saw a stunning 692 new applications in June, when the average during the previous five months was about 316 applications per month. They started processing new CHLs in July and are dealing with a serious backlog. Applicants there shouldn’t expect to be licensed until this winter.

Clackamas County’s pre-pandemic wait time was among the shortest, at about one week, according to a spokesman for the sheriff’s office. Now, around 800 new applicants are waiting for appointments as far out as late fall. It’s the same story in Multnomah County, with more than 1,500 people waiting for appointments. New applicants could be lucky to get their license before the new year.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
About that whole asking for permission thing....
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That sux.

Texas has an uptick also but they are being processed as quick as ever.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.koin.com/news/special-reports/oregon-concealed-carry-applicants-face-months-long-delays-amid-virus/
Washington County reopened CHL processing in early June and has experienced a higher volume of new applicants than one supervisor has seen in 15 years with the department. The CHL unit has been booking appointments out four months when, previously, applicants only had to wait about two weeks for an appointment.

Multnomah County saw a stunning 692 new applications in June, when the average during the previous five months was about 316 applications per month. They started processing new CHLs in July and are dealing with a serious backlog. Applicants there shouldn’t expect to be licensed until this winter.

Clackamas County’s pre-pandemic wait time was among the shortest, at about one week, according to a spokesman for the sheriff’s office. Now, around 800 new applicants are waiting for appointments as far out as late fall. It’s the same story in Multnomah County, with more than 1,500 people waiting for appointments. New applicants could be lucky to get their license before the new year.
View Quote
View Quote

Leftists slow walk things that they don't like but haven't been able to make illegal (yet).
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
EVERYTHING with a delay, COVID is to blame...
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Y’all have to make appointments to get a chl?

Fuck that shit. A right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The Oregon State Sheriff's Association recommended that they let expired permits slide, like the have with DLs. My county sheriff(Clackamas) said ok.

Some sheriff’s offices, including Columbia and Clackamas, are on board with the OSSA’s request and have said they will not take enforcement action if someone’s CHL expires due to the closures.
View Quote

Of course, Multnomah (Portland), says "Fuck you, you get to be defenseless while rioters destroy our city."
Others, like the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO), are taking a harder line. MCSO is still processing renewal requests, according to a spokesman. If a CHL holder is unable to renew for some reason, they should not carry a concealed firearm.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fingerprints and photo have to be done by the Sheriff's Office.

New CHL applicants have to get their fingerprints and identification photo taken in person at their local county sheriff’s office.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Multnomah County saw a stunning 692 new applications in June, when the average during the previous five months was about 316 applications per month. They started processing new CHLs in July and are dealing with a serious backlog. Applicants there shouldn't expect to be licensed until this winter.

Clackamas County's pre-pandemic wait time was among the shortest, at about one week, according to a spokesman for the sheriff's office. Now, around 800 new applicants are waiting for appointments as far out as late fall. It's the same story in Multnomah County, with more than 1,500 people waiting for appointments. New applicants could be lucky to get their license before the new year.
View Quote

View Quote
Let me guess:  Welfare checks and EBT cards are always on time every time?

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multnomah County saw a stunning 692 new applications in June, when the average during the previous five months was about 316 applications per month. They started processing new CHLs in July and are dealing with a serious backlog. Applicants there shouldn't expect to be licensed until this winter.

Clackamas County's pre-pandemic wait time was among the shortest, at about one week, according to a spokesman for the sheriff's office. Now, around 800 new applicants are waiting for appointments as far out as late fall. It's the same story in Multnomah County, with more than 1,500 people waiting for appointments. New applicants could be lucky to get their license before the new year.

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#10]
3 WEEKS Deschutes Co.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Only took 5 days here in AL
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
3 WEEKS Deschutes Co.
View Quote

Last July, I got in in 3 days.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kentucky went to constitutional carry a few years ago. Zero permit needed. I keep my permit to skip the 4473 delay hassle.

Ccw permits are kind of stupid anyway, and constitutional carry should be 50 state legal. Why ?  Well because criminals will carry weapons, permit or no permit and do criminal shit, while the people who wont carry when its not allowed, wont brake the law or be  danger to anyone anyway. Not allowing legal ccw, just keeps the good guys from carrying guns, as criminals dont care about laws.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You local?  East Bend here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Last I heard/read was Florida shut down processing of new applications.

Police departments also stopped taking appointments for electronic fingerprints.

Because sweet-n-sour sicken
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clackamas, just outside Porkland.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About that whole asking for permission thing....
View Quote

I would not wait for that slip of paper. My life is my responsibility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top