Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2024 7:27:25 PM EDT
I built this twenty years ago, to protect/hide the well head. I have added the decorations over the years.      Anybody else have a faux one or a working one, post em if you have one.

Summer time
 " />

Winter time.
" />
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Our last place was built on the property of an old one room school. Both shit houses were still there when we moved out. Shortly after my brother-in-law bought the place and tore both of them down. I like the idea of building a shitter to protect the well. The well we have not is 5 feet from the house in the front yard. Might look kinda strange out there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is between the house and the garage, say 20ft per side.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
AN ANNOYING STORY  FROM THE OLD DAYS

When  I became  aware,  maybe 3-4 years old, who knows,  we lived in an old house "downtown"  in my  small home town, and we had an outhouse.   At some point  the city installed a street sewer---the house had  a  "cesspool."   So Dad and Gramps remodeled the house,  built an add on small bedroom in back, and a bathroom on the other side.  The only water into the house was a cold water faucet in  a  big  single sinkin the kitchen.  No hot water tank.

So now we've got indoor toilet, bath, hot water,  and a remodeled kitchen.

This toilet was a nicely done one that  I  believe came from the Farragut Naval base  after the war.    Dad and Gramps hauled the  OD toilet out to Gramp's place, after the  house remodel,   and  just  sat it at the edge of the back field.

Later,  Dad and Mom bought part of Gramp's place, and he moved just outside of town.   When I was maybe 10-11  a bunch of family relatives came up from CA  to visit,  and Gramps fixed up  a small cabin,  "The Wee Wickeup"  for them, and came out and got the old toilet,  installed it  near the cabin.

Then, later,  Gramps had to sell out for a highway,   and he and my then step Gramma   started building their retirement house up on the hill above our place,  property up there he still owned.  In order to  camp up there during the week, work on the house,  they moved the old toilet up there,  where a few years ago, after Gramps was gone,  the toilet got mashed by a tree.

So Farragut,  downtown house,  stored at "Rancho Atlasta,"  installed at  the "Rocking M,"  and then finally moved to "Shady Acres,"    That toilet was located on at least 5  different sites.

The punchline

So  what turned out to be the day  Gramps was moving the old thing to it's last  location,  I am heading out  home, and this  apparition  appears ahead,  what could it be?  I get up there and it turns out  Gramps  about a 53 Chev pickup has broken, my  highly embarrassed   step Grandmother  is waiting inside,  and the toilet is in the back,  tipped over on it's side in the bed, with the dirty  end facing    to the rear.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have any pics, but we have a "fancy" two seat model out at our family farm - and still in use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top