Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come to Houston.  If your are in certain parts of the city, there is a good change you will use your firearm in the next 5 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, nobody ever tries to rob me.
Come to Houston.  If your are in certain parts of the city, there is a good change you will use your firearm in the next 5 years.
Is that why you don't leave?  You got the taste for blood and enjoy it a bit too much?

Just today you posted about having you hand go for your gun because a con-man was trying to sell you posters.

I am worried about you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes you can

Texas Penal Code 9.42

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
View Quote
I thought so - everywhere should adopt this approach.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
When I used to go to public ranges, I never shot all my ammo... just saying.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Patience young one....You will have your chance, just remain vigilante......
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

People around here question the validity of my 3 shootings.  I am in the hood in Houston.
View Quote
Link to your stories?

And what neighborhood are you in???
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link to your stories?

And what neighborhood are you in???
View Quote
It has been discussed on this board under GD and the Texas forum years ago from the leghumpers.  I kept my mouth shut due to opsec.  Many people from the Houston area have said my area is scary in the daytime, they would dare not go there in the nighttime.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I should go shooting at a public range, haha
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also, never, ever, shoot all of your ammo at the range and leave unable to defend yourself.
View Quote
My friend got followed for his Urbach MP5 a few years back.  He always leave with a full magazine.

Did you hear about robbers that followed Doc Walter from the gun show year back.  His wife pulled a NFA machinegun on the robbers in their driveway.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
People around here question the validity of my 3 shootings.  I am in the hood in Houston.
View Quote
That has nothing to do with my post and question(s).
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm 51.  Running out of time here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
What did you do, buy the wrong vowel?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That has nothing to do with my post and question(s).
View Quote
Misread your post.  Dairy ashford not a good place either.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
The whole Jugging thing has been going in Houston for a very long time. People are becoming more aware of it through through TV and social media and I'm sure it happens in other areas too. Jugging is simply a term for when crooks specifically target a location (usually a bank or ATM) for a later vehicle burglary (or robbery). It's almost always done with crews of several people. In Houston it's a huge avenue stream for gangs. The punishment is usually a misdemeanor charge for Burglary of a Motor Vehicle which means probation and no jail time if caught in Harris County. If they commit a robbery of a person then it's a felony charge. Jugging crews are almost always gang members and they usually seem to migrate to becoming robbery crews after a while. They're pretty easy to spot, because you'll have a vehicle with 2 -3 black males backed into a parking spot that has a view of the parking lot and the bank entrance. This allows them a good view of the customers coming in and out of the location. And they'll just wait, watch and profile. Hispanic laborers and business owners that employ laborers are easy targets. Self Employed Asians are another target. Both are populations that deal heavily in cash transactions, especially when it comes to paying employees. But they'll hit anyone they think is leaving the bank with a large amount of cash. How do they know it's a large amount? People will walk out of the door either counting the money or holding the bank envelopes.

They'll follow their target vehicle until they park somewhere else and then commit the burglary. Their vehicle will pull up as possible to the target vehicle to provide some cover for the burglary. They'll center punch the window glass and and start looking for the money. If the juggers think you have a large amount of cash and won't leave leave it in the vehicle then they'll select a location to rob you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I came here looking for jugs... I'm sadly disappointed...
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the u is supposed to be an i
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Juggers try to get on our back porch all the time, my mama just chases them off with a broom.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If we don't come down hard on these clowns, we're going to be up to our balls in jugglers!
View Quote
You mothers!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If we don't come down hard on these clowns, we're going to be up to our balls in jugglers!
View Quote
Crusty jugglers!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#19]
How has jugger baiting not turned into a sport?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:u
Can't you shoot thieves (in the act) at night in Texas?
View Quote
After dark, a criminal is assumed to be armed.  If confronted by a criminal after dark, you treat him/her/it as if he/she/it is armed and take whatever action you deem reasonable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How is his first name pronounced?...
View Quote
Inmate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Never heard of juggers before this thread.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Thank goodness we have a security gate and remote access to our range... be crazy hard to try such a thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jugging is a term used by criminals, and now law enforcement, to describe the stalking of potential victims as a prelude to burglary or robbery.

Jugging takes place when a criminal sees you with something he wants and he follows you until an opportunity is presented to take that "something" from you. It is employed in this manner Criminal A is staking out the mall parking lot and sees Victim B exit the mall with loads of merchandise.  They then lie in wait until the victim loads the car and drives to the closest restaurant for that much-needed, after-shopping lunch stop.

When Victim B parks the car at the local diner and heads inside, out pops Criminal A, who breaks into the car, steals the merchandise and slips away unseen.

This growing crime is on the rise and it has many faces.  Recently, it was reported that jugging is on the rise in the Houston area.  It's true.  As criminals begin to employ the work-smarter-not-harder tactic, they have become seasoned professions at sizing, evaluating, stalking and stealing from their victims.

Usually, however, the term jugging is reserved for those criminals who steal from victims who have just left a bank or ATM.  This type of jugging, or bank jugging as it is known, puts the criminal in the prime spot for a big score.  They watch from the bank parking lot, or somewhere close-by, and see who is leaving with a bank bag in their hand, who counts the most money at the teller machine, and who is carrying the thickest withdrawal envelope.

Then, in hopes the victim will leave the money in the car when they exit to do other things, the bank juggers follow the inattentive victim to their next location.  When the victim parks the car and disappears from view, the bank juggers quickly approach the victim's vehicle, break into it, and steal the money.  Surprisingly, more often than not, the money is left inside. When the victim returns to their vehicle, the money is gone and the juggers are nowhere to be seen.
View Quote
I always thought that was just called bird dogging.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The whole Jugging thing has been going in Houston for a very long time. People are becoming more aware of it through through TV and social media and I'm sure it happens in other areas too. Jugging is simply a term for when crooks specifically target a location (usually a bank or ATM) for a later vehicle burglary (or robbery). It's almost always done with crews of several people. In Houston it's a huge avenue stream for gangs. The punishment is usually a misdemeanor charge for Burglary of a Motor Vehicle which means probation and no jail time if caught in Harris County. If they commit a robbery of a person then it's a felony charge. Jugging crews are almost always gang members and they usually seem to migrate to becoming robbery crews after a while. They're pretty easy to spot, because you'll have a vehicle with 2 -3 black males backed into a parking spot that has a view of the parking lot and the bank entrance. This allows them a good view of the customers coming in and out of the location. And they'll just wait, watch and profile. Hispanic laborers and business owners that employ laborers are easy targets. Self Employed Asians are another target. Both are populations that deal heavily in cash transactions, especially when it comes to paying employees. But they'll hit anyone they think is leaving the bank with a large amount of cash. How do they know it's a large amount? People will walk out of the door either counting the money or holding the bank envelopes.

They'll follow their target vehicle until they park somewhere else and then commit the burglary. Their vehicle will pull up as possible to the target vehicle to provide some cover for the burglary. They'll center punch the window glass and and start looking for the money. If the juggers think you have a large amount of cash and won't leave leave it in the vehicle then they'll select a location to rob you.
View Quote
Los Angeles had their Roof Koreans to combat thuggishness which was threatening their livelihoods. Maybe Houston’s Asian & Hispanic business folks could organize counterintelligence vehicles to watch the watchers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think the u is supposed to be an i
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Robber that follows people from the bank to rob them or steal the money when unattended.
View Quote
I learned a new word today.  I thought jugging was something people do when catfishing.  And, how did catfishing end up having a new meaning?  Things sure are complicated these days.  I should yell at clouds more.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#28]
New term for an old crime.  We were warned about this happing at the National Shooting Sports complex in San Antonio almost 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Los Angeles had their Roof Koreans to combat thuggishness which was threatening their livelihoods. Maybe Houston's Asian & Hispanic business folks could organize counterintelligence vehicles to watch the watchers.
View Quote
Aint happening. Everyone thinks they won't be a victim until they are a victim.

We had tac teams that got really good at investigating the robbery crews. Then the shootings start happening and the dept shut it down.

Lets say you identify your robbery crew and having electronic and rolling surveillance on them. Do you stop them before them before the robbery a get a few pistol cases, maybe a stolen car...all of which are BS charges that wont carry any real jail time. Or do you keep your surveillance on them and engage after the robbery is committed and they're coming out of the business. That was the issue. We chose the latter and it resulted more shootings than the dept was comfortable with and you run the risk of your suspects killing someone during the robbery you theoretically could have prevented.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Robber that follows people from the bank to rob them or steal the money when unattended.
View Quote
Fw: Fw: Fw: Fw: Fw:

Did you get this from an email or Facebook?

ETA - Maybe not?  Has this been confirmed by someone who didn’t hear about it from someone who knew a guy?

I agree this sounds like hunting over bait for a police unit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Juggers will be grabbing that box of cat shit come Christmas time.  That should make for some interesting partying.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:40:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I had someone possibly following me after a gun range trip. Not sure where they started tailing me, but i was half way home before I was suspicious. It's only about 5 minute drive from range to home. I started changing directions randomly down streets that nobody with a destination would follow me on. the car stayed on me. I ended up losing them pulling over in a school and letting them drive by before i hauled ass the opposite direction and down some side streets. Spooked the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It has been discussed on this board under GD and the Texas forum years ago from the leghumpers.  I kept my mouth shut due to opsec.  Many people from the Houston area have said my area is scary in the daytime, they would dare not go there in the nighttime.
View Quote
What's the area. I'm all over Houston all the time. There really isn't anywhere I'm afraid to go in daytime.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the post. I'll have to pass the news to my parents who've recently decided to retire in Conroe. I'm pretty good at checking six when driving home especially from the range.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What's the area. I'm all over Houston all the time. There really isn't anywhere I'm afraid to go in daytime.
View Quote
The dudes in his hood are serious about poster sales. Just yesterday the OP almost got it on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:52:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The dudes in his hood are serious about poster sales. Just yesterday the OP almost got it on.
View Quote
Worst I had was a guy contemplating carjacking me in a Mcdonalds parking lot... put his hand through my window, when I grabbed him back he got the idea and went the other way.

Cops didn't give two fucks.

Speaking of which, HPD is mostly useless.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Jug-ear

Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Worst I had was a guy contemplating carjacking me in a Mcdonalds parking lot... put his hand through my window, when I grabbed him back he got the idea and went the other way.

Cops didn't give two fucks.

Speaking of which, HPD is mostly useless.
View Quote
Even with ace crimefighter Art Acevedo on the job?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#39]

That was great.

I enjoyed the irritation of the female when the old dude kept saying "juggling"

Oye, viejo!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Watch you’re firearms on table at a outdoor range as well. I was walking out to change a target,left a vp9,p2000 & a p30 on table. Noticed 3 guys standing behind my table eyeballing my pistols. I immediately turned back. I heard one of them say under his breath to a buddy he almost got it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:25:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My friend got followed for his Urbach MP5 a few years back.  He always leave with a full magazine.

Did you hear about robbers that followed Doc Walter from the gun show year back.  His wife pulled a NFA machinegun on the robbers in their driveway.
View Quote
Yea, I didn't know the details at the time but simply heard  '"Doc shot somebody to death trying to rob him".  I would assume that there is obviously a huge attraction for robbery when you are a dealer hauling 10 tables of firearms out of the gunshow and back to your house in Dallas.

I don't go to the public rifle range without carrying a pistol on me, just as I don't go anywhere without being armed. Furthermore, I'm always by myself, and so when I walk out to hang my target 100 yards out, I don't EVER leave my rifle at the rack without a cable&lock on it. When I'm shopping or driving, it would be VERY hard to sneak up on me anywhere without me having spotted you already. I was raised in NYC in the violent 70's there where you didn't have the right to defend yourself, and the police expected you to get away from your assailant without hurting him. You had to have fucking eyes on the back of your head if you wanted to survive. I moved the hell out of that yankee liberal elitist town back in '78. (the police and gov there thinks they are smarter then you!)  I'll take Houston any day compared to liberal NE cities!!!  BTW....if you know you are living in a bad section of Houston, why don't you move to a better area?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Even with ace crimefighter Art Acevedo on the job?
View Quote
He is an expert cocksucker and not much else
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:04:58 AM EDT
[#43]
And here I thought I was being paranoid.
After the range I go straight home and keep an eye on anyone that seems to be traveling the same route as me.
The range is about 25 min away so the odds of someone being from my area isn't too high.
Plus, if I am shooting my EDC, I have a backup with me ready to go.
My wife had a neighbor of hers get murdered after winning a few grand at a casino.
The scumbag followed her home.
That stuck with me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like DUIs three is a pattern
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Where’s that poster thread?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:31:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I was waiting for someone to say the suspects were marking the victim's tires with paint for easy ID
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:51:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Also, never, ever, shoot all of your ammo at the range and leave unable to defend yourself.
View Quote
I always have my concealed carry on me at the range that doesn’t get shot plus my reload. Mandatory if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to Liestman elementary and Killough middle schools and lived in the neighborhood across the street between Synott and Dairy Ashford.

If I went 'home' today, would I be juggered and/or deaded? (I'm a posterboy whiteboy)
The hood is everywhere in Houston/Harris Co
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top