Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What about a "Breaking Bad" lower.....

Red
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
Thank you for the info, one of the other members was correct, anodized parts are different shades. I am gonna pick up some of the testers stuff from your link, I did not know they made a top line enamel in a flat base. After curing, flat enamels will hold a bit of the same oil as the anodized parts after cleaning and lubing.  I have a feeling the flat gun metal and a touch of flat black will blend completely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By samiam83:
I have a question for the folks using Testor paints for color-fill.

Is there an off-black available that best matches the anodizing blackish/ grey of the PSA lowers? Or should I just mix a drop or two of white in and mix to blend?

I was thinking about overfilling or level filling the "TM" on my Snek lower in a black. Sort of eliminating them as a result.

Thoughts?
I'm sure you could mix a color, but there may be a color out there already that's pretty close.  Check here for some colors they have in enamel paints.  You will probably find a closer match in acrylic paints under the "Black" header (I'm thinking Tamiya or Ammo of MIG might have some good matches as well), but I'm not sure how the acrylic's would hold up.
Thank you for the info, one of the other members was correct, anodized parts are different shades. I am gonna pick up some of the testers stuff from your link, I did not know they made a top line enamel in a flat base. After curing, flat enamels will hold a bit of the same oil as the anodized parts after cleaning and lubing.  I have a feeling the flat gun metal and a touch of flat black will blend completely.
Sounds interesting. I think a stealth PSA stripped lower will be a good test subject to cover everything except the serial
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By badredfish:

Red
View Quote
We can’t even get our Halloween Reaper lower
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Well, to my defense, I did say almost. . I ordered at least 3 of all lowers accept for a single Mad Dog and they arrive 2 in series and 1 bastard.   YMMV.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jasoncar40:

I wish, Both my Space Force and Snake lowers I ordered 2. Both of them are in sequence, but not consecutive.

Example, but not actual numbers b/c I don't remember, but I got # 405 and 407 for one and 244 and 246 for the others.
Well, to my defense, I did say almost. . I ordered at least 3 of all lowers accept for a single Mad Dog and they arrive 2 in series and 1 bastard.   YMMV.
Yes you did, just didn't want to get anyone's hopes up though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Red
View Quote
Breaking Bad did you say....

Best I can do.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Little OT but seeing we all waiting and twirling our thumbs.  Anyone know what “awaiting submission” on SilencerShop website means for form3? Virgin NFA’er here so don’t shame we too hard.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Little OT but seeing we all waiting and twirling our thumbs.  Anyone know what "awaiting submission" on SilencerShop website means for form3? Virgin NFA'er here so don't shame we too hard.
View Quote
It means they haven't efiled it yet. I know.. I have 8 silencers in jail through them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:
It means they haven't efiled it yet. I know.. I have 8 silencers in jail through them.
View Quote
So what you’re saying is we paid our money and that’s all that matters to them. Great customer service.  Let’s s start bashing them.  Maybe we get a silencer named after us.

Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]

So what you're saying is we paid our money and that's all that matters to them. Great customer service.  Let's s start bashing them.  Maybe we get a silencer named after us.

View Quote

I'm also stuck in the black hole of I filed a Form 1 with them but the ATF denied their submissions so we're waiting for approval to refile. But the $75 gift card for the trouble will be nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#10]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#11]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Guys,

I will have samples of The Reaper and M4A1 coming soon! We will make sure the M4A1 is done properly, and put up multiple photos of it for feedback. Here is a picture of the SpaceRider-15 that was done as a sample!! Please let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Josiah

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bucket.palmettostatearmory.com/SpaceRider15.jpg
View Quote
I call dibs on 0004

Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys,

I will have samples of The Reaper and M4A1 coming soon! We will make sure the M4A1 is done properly, and put up multiple photos of it for feedback. Here is a picture of the SpaceRider-15 that was done as a sample!! Please let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
Ilikeitalot.gif
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHPorter] [#13]
Little OT but seeing we all waiting and twirling our thumbs.  Anyone know what “awaiting submission” on SilencerShop website means for form3? Virgin NFA’er here so don’t shame we too hard.
View Quote
The change in the way post-41f Form 1 e-submissions are processed means that Silencer Shop’s processes had to change.  It had to do with submitting information on hundreds of different individuals and entities using their eForms account.  There was some discussion about that in the General NFA Questions forum back in the October/November timeframe when I submitted my last Form 1.

I think there was some sort of “authorization to act as an agent” or some such that was being discussed.  SS is the place to ask about that.

If you haven’t contacted them to ask about what the issue is, I would do so.  They may not have had a chance to contact every single individual that submitted through them.  They were apparently blindsided by this glitch.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
What are the chances we could pick up an non anodized m4 lower?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
Nice.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Just seen turkey lowers on the daily deals in case somebody wants to get started early this year.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

The change in the way post-41f Form 1 e-submissions are processed means that Silencer Shop’s processes had to change.  It had to do with submitting information on hundreds of different individuals and entities using their eForms account.  There was some discussion about that in the General NFA Questions forum back in the October/November timeframe when I submitted my last Form 1.

I think there was some sort of “authorization to act as an agent” or some such that was being discussed.  SS is the place to ask about that.

If you haven’t contacted them to ask about what the issue is, I would do so.  They may not have had a chance to contact every single individual that submitted through them.  They were apparently blindsided by this glitch.
View Quote
Appreciate the reply and yes, I am aware of the Form1 issue they are having. My question was directed to the Form3. Would think that one would be a no brainer but wasn’t sure being my first. If they are just sitting on it cuz they are lazy, that’s just plain bullshit. The whole reason for going through them is for the ease and expediency and their connection to the system and all. Least I thought?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
Pass.  PSA has lost a limited edition lower customer and in turn ill give PSA some new limited edition lower customers at least 2
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:13:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#20]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
Just seen turkey lowers on the daily deals in case somebody wants to get started early this year.
View Quote
Next they'll be on overstock.com.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Thank you!  That was the only one I was missing!

Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
I skipped the Christmas lowers because I missed the boat on Turkey Day lowers. Now I bought a Turkey Day lower and can't buy a Christmas lower. Figures.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#23]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
Looks awesome

Very thankful you’re going to do the M4A1 the right way!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Appreciate the reply and yes, I am aware of the Form1 issue they are having. My question was directed to the Form3. Would think that one would be a no brainer but wasn’t sure being my first. If they are just sitting on it cuz they are lazy, that’s just plain bullshit. The whole reason for going through them is for the ease and expediency and their connection to the system and all. Least I thought?
View Quote
I think Silencer Shop is working hard to get ALL of the electronic forms working.  It would be inconceivable to me for them to go from one of the preeminent NFA sellers in the world to a bunch of lazy cusses.

Much of the automation of info on all sorts of NFA forms was sort fo spearheaded by SS.  Check out this neat article on how they both nearly eliminated their own Form 4 error rate, but streamlined the NFA Branch’s data entry - resulting in the Branch being able to process a lot more forms a lot more quickly and without substantial errors that slow things down...

I really don’t think it’s laziness.  I think it’s getting “the system” working.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I skipped the Christmas lowers because I missed the boat on Turkey Day lowers. Now I bought a Turkey Day lower and can't buy a Christmas lower. Figures.
View Quote
Hint Hint PSA let loose some more Christmas 15 lowers.  I have a build in mind just for that lower.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pearljammer8] [#26]
Crap, wasn't going to get a Turkey, but talked myself into think having a holiday trio would be a good idea.  Interested to see what serial number it's going to be.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dcormier1:

Hint Hint PSA let loose some more Christmas 15 lowers.  I have a build in mind just for that lower.
View Quote
Christmas still shows out of stock?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#28]
I call dibs on 0004

View All Quotes
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

I call dibs on 0004

Maybe you can get a discount since it’s a blem?

There’s a tiny nick just forward of the trigger pin hole.  Still looks awesome though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

Maybe they’re waiting on one from the manufacturer?  I haven’t used them so I can’t say, but I know when I bought my first one I waited what seemed like ages before the manufacturer even submitted the form 3 to send it to my dealer.  It wasn’t publicized but evidently the lead time on them was a minimum of 6 months.  I placed the order in 2012. I took it home in 2014.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfEnony1z0

Best I can do.
View All Quotes

Red

Best I can do.
Came up with a lower design for that waaaaay back early in this thread. Didn't catch on.

Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Came up with a lower design for that waaaaay back early in this thread. Didn't catch on.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7868/32198519307_0944c67ed8_b.jpg
View Quote
Looks like Dr. Manhattan lol. I would removed the forehead writing, and the biohazard symbol behind him and I think it'd be cool.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Maybe they’re waiting on one from the manufacturer?  I haven’t used them so I can’t say, but I know when I bought my first one I waited what seemed like ages before the manufacturer even submitted the form 3 to send it to my dealer.  It wasn’t publicized but evidently the lead time on them was a minimum of 6 months.  I placed the order in 2012. I took it home in 2014.
View Quote
Hmmm.. that would suck if so but they said was in stock when I ordered. So hope not the case. I ordered a SilencerCo Hybrid for my first can. Thinking of switchback for my 22 can
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Hmmm.. that would suck if so but they said was in stock when I ordered. So hope not the case. I ordered a SilencerCo Hybrid for my first can. Thinking of switchback for my 22 can
View All Quotes

Aren’t they running behind at the moment?  I know there’s delays on the freebies they were doing.  It might not have actually been in stock, or was oversold.

Ive only got two cans. I know GBPSE. Second one I made sure the dealer had it on hand (I asked to see it) before buying. Filled out the paperwork the same day. Stanp arrived before the other one despite being purchased over a year later. This was during the era of e-file Form 4s and the first had been paper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

Maybe they’re waiting on one from the manufacturer? I haven’t used them so I can’t say, but I know when I bought my first one I waited what seemed like ages before the manufacturer even submitted the form 3 to send it to my dealer.  It wasn’t publicized but evidently the lead time on them was a minimum of 6 months.  I placed the order in 2012. I took it home in 2014.
If people who haven't even used them are chiming in, I will chime in. Mid November purchase using trust. December 5 check cashed. Mid-December form 3: disbursed to dealer.
Contact SS.
And correct answer to 22lr is Mask. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dcormier1:

Yes,  late to the party due to thinking this was just a "purse swinging" thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Because I've got to get some time in front of one of those PSA lasers!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7800/32166358397_1cb00790c2_b.jpg
View Quote
In all in!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Surage:
Fellas yall need to invest in some PSA gift cards so when the lower you want drops you dont have to worry about wearing a black eye from the ole lady because you spent the money for bills on stripped lowers
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I'm ambivalent...

It's like the feeling you get when the strip club closes for the night before you are able to ask for that last lap dance.
More like running out of dollar bills and having to wait until after midnight to hit up the ATM again. Been there done that.
Fellas yall need to invest in some PSA gift cards so when the lower you want drops you dont have to worry about wearing a black eye from the ole lady because you spent the money for bills on stripped lowers
It's probably easier to explain stripper lowers vs strippers!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#38]

View All Quotes

Red

Best I can do.

Yeah I know. Every time I listen to that track now I think of that lower.

Maybe the this track will spur some more interest.

STOPPENBERG - I Am The Danger [trailer]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:
We have a new lower for you
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/452963/420_jpg-848355.JPG
Don't ban me
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:
Originally Posted By 40xb:
Whew. I just caught up on a like 15 pages. I'm glad I didn't miss any. Work has been really busy the last month or so.
We have a new lower for you
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/452963/420_jpg-848355.JPG
Don't ban me
Lmao.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
Needs more buurrrttt...
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

Josiah,
How about a preorder option for “in the white” non anodized lowers?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By leester:

Josiah,
How about a preorder option for “in the white” non anodized lowers?
View Quote
Wonder if there would be a price discount offered as well and if so, how much?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I'm ambivalent...

It's like the feeling you get when the strip club closes for the night before you are able to ask for that last lap dance.
More like running out of dollar bills and having to wait until after midnight to hit up the ATM again. Been there done that.
Wait! There's gonna be stripper lowere? Put me down for 3!

Poledance15

dollar
buy me a drink
Lapdance!
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Guys,

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote
I'm in for a couple, know a few shuttle guys that will buy some also.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jupiter7:

Needs more buurrrttt...
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Needs images of Burt Reynolds and Bert from Sesame Street.

Preferably four Burt's.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Needs images of Burt Reynolds and Bert from Sesame Street.

Preferably four Burt's.
View Quote
Simple image of Ernie from Sesame Street formatted like the Colt logo.

And 'PROPERTY OF ERNIE'
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Haven't seen it mentioned, and I'm going to assume it's safe since it's been up there all day, but the turkey lowers are in stock and $10 off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#50]
3rd Position Turd Fergusen!!
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top