Page / 657
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
515 Page Ownage
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Just so everyone knows, the exact number they stopped at was SN 1051. For whatever reasons, they had to finish off the run at just over 1000.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote
@palmettostatearmory

josiah, thanks so much for the exact finish sn. I wonder why they had to do it like that. it is a bit odd of a number isnt it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By d16man:
At the gym this morning and saw one of the usuals who is former military.  Since I hadn't seen him in a while we talked briefly about hunting, guns, etc. as we normally do.  I know that he has an Mp5 and it came up that I was waiting for the PSA one.  He told me that he heard the guy developing the mp5 for PSA no longer worked for the company, and that the project was dead in the water.  Don't know if that is just local rumor or what.  I hope not.
View Quote
i've heard something similar along those lines.. i hope it is incorrect.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Buy-em_Shoot-em:

I think you missed one of Josiah's post total was 1051 (edited) to finish the run.
View Quote
i did, i was replying from last i posted up.. thanks for the clarification though.  still wonder why that number.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]

I am not sure who he is, but he has incorrect info. We are still working on the MP5. It is taking longer than we anticipated. We want to make sure we keep the price low and the quality high. I do not have an eta right now.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote
thats awesome to hear as im pretty excited for it.
just like im excited about the PSA 1911s...
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
@tlbailey1

Did you get your Spacerovers?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
@tlbailey1

Did you get your Spacerovers?
View Quote
@chargerdude70

Yes Sir!  Got the email this morning and promptly got one ordered.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tlbailey1:

@chargerdude70

Yes Sir!  Got the email this morning and promptly got one ordered.

Thank you!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I see the SpaceRover lowers dropped today, what are these in reference to?
Spacerover-15
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my I Stand shipping notification this after noon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Got my I Stand shipping notification this after noon.
View Quote
Which one? There are 3 models.  waiting on 9 and 10
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
I see the SpaceRover lowers dropped today, what are these in reference to?
Spacerover-15
View Quote
Cpt. Reynolds changed his MOS. He is now stationed on Luna Base.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:44:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#17]
Double tap

What the heck is going on today?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XeonEvolved] [#18]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]
im still waiting on my betsy15 with the roll mark that she's sewing the flag...
thats bout the only one im waiting on right now that has been produced.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:33:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#20]
Originally Posted By tlbailey1:
@BrickWurX & @Palmettostatearmory

Are we doing another themed lower for Halloween or Thanksgiving?  Just thinking that if we want one done, isn't it better to get it approved and rolling now, so we can have them before the actual holiday?  Maybe a Christmas one?  National Lampoon's Christmas?  The Grinch? (Original, NOT Jim Carey).

And...

Now, here's asking a LOT.  I can't remember if I brought this up before, and since I'm too lazy to check.  How about a Frozen related lower?  My daughter likes my Spikes Snowflake Unicorn lower, but absolutely loves Frozen.  The newest Frozen 2 movie comes out around Thanksgiving.  While I already have built pistols & rifles for each of my kids, (3 & 5 ), I would so consider another.- ETA, I would consider buying another lower, not having another kid!
View Quote
I doubt a thanksgiving lower will happen this year, iffy on Halloween or Christmas. Ultimately a holiday themed lower would be Josiah's call. The Suess Grinch is highly protected, so is Frozen for that matter. Even working on those designs as references could signal a significant legal backlash.

I've always believed that teaching children safe respectful use of firearms at an early age is key to ensuring family traditions. And making sure our rights and freedoms are upheld from one generation to the next. I can completely understand the desire to build something which helps you maintain the interest of your children to the sport. With that written, placing a designated or historically specific children's design as a theme on a firearm, sorta seems like a bad idea to me.

But if they did..... I vote this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Buy 2, they’re limited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

I’d buy one
Buy 2, they’re limited.
Okay, I laughed at that one.

Waiting on the XX M4 clones like Combat_Diver's pics show.
I need to practice throwing lowers down the driveway to get the right patina.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

I doubt a thanksgiving lower will happen this year, iffy on Halloween or Christmas. Ultimately a holiday themed lower would be Josiah's call. The Suess Grinch is highly protected, so is Frozen for that matter. Even working on those designs as references could signal a significant legal backlash.

I've always believed that teaching children safe respectful use of firearms at an early age is key to ensuring family traditions. And making sure our rights and freedoms are upheld from one generation to the next. I can completely understand the desire to build something which helps you maintain the interest of your children to the sport. With that written, placing a designated or historically specific children's design as a theme on a firearm, sorta seems like a bad idea to me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/240952/pooh-674579_JPG-1094903.JPG
View Quote
I lol'd at that image. i love that one of pooh and piglet too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Since I've already asked about the A2 lower this week *cough, cough* Where are we on the Israeli lower?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By d16man:

Have you not been here for the 515 previous pages?
View Quote
They come out with so many, that some are obvious to me, others not so much because I don't spend a lot of time in GD :D
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#26]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/240952/pooh-674579_JPG-1094903.JPG
View Quote
The first thing that you learn in design school. DO NOT fuck with the house of mouse, even their lawyers have lawyers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Which one? There are 3 models.  waiting on 9 and 10
View Quote
The Betsy Ross flag version
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

The Betsy Ross flag version
View Quote
Betsy Ross, you suck.

I’m waiting on that as well so that’s a good sign it may be soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:

The first thing that you learn in design school. DO NOT fuck with the house of mouse, even their lawyers have lawyers.
View Quote
Big Mouse is Watching You
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mc_Gruff:

This is what I was looking for, for everyone else who is also in a similar boat. I realize this was just a rough mock up and not on the lowers list. I'd be in for a few if this logo made it onto the final lower design. I like the circle lower over just leaving the above part blank.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48288170987_180fd9d5c6_c.jpg
View Quote
You misspelled “Burrrt”
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
@palmettostatearmory

josiah, thanks so much for the exact finish sn. I wonder why they had to do it like that. it is a bit odd of a number isnt it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:

Just so everyone knows, the exact number they stopped at was SN 1051. For whatever reasons, they had to finish off the run at just over 1000.

Thanks,

Josiah
@palmettostatearmory

Not only is it an odd number, but it is prime also.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Not only is it an odd number, but it is prime also.
View Quote
And how befitting when Palmetto State Armory either spelled out or in acronym form adds up to a prime number.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Ugghhhh....I've skipped two lowers because I've run out of room to store them and I'm a little broke right now.

BUT....I Stand 688 is finally home.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ugghhhh....I've skipped two lowers because I've run out of room to store them and I'm a little broke right now.

View Quote
They build bigger houses and print more money every day.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 40xb:
The uppers don't fit as there is no "mil spec" for AR10s. Each company has a different tolerance. You are better off getting a complete rifle or all the parts for one from one source in AR10
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 40xb:
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

I've got an opportunity to pick up a complete kit with 80% lower for $300. That savings is worth a little hassle since PSA stopped selling their baseline kit for $350.

I'll probably end up picking up the PSA upgrade kit, though.
The uppers don't fit as there is no "mil spec" for AR10s. Each company has a different tolerance. You are better off getting a complete rifle or all the parts for one from one source in AR10
That's what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

View Quote
Pffft, I sent my kid off to college.  Now I have a whole other room to fill full of gun stuff!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish PSA would get some 6.5 Grendel stuff in.....please baby Jesus...
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone received a Betsy PX9 lower yet? I ordered over 2 months ago and have been told 1 more week about 3 times now. First they said they got more orders than expected, then they said the ATF is holding them up, now they’re telling me it’s the anodization that’s holding it up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AmmoSexual:
Has anyone received a Betsy PX9 lower yet? I ordered over 2 months ago and have been told 1 more week about 3 times now. First they said they got more orders than expected, then they said the ATF is holding them up, now they're telling me it's the anodization that's holding it up.
View Quote
You should start a thread about it.

You would get more answers
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmmoSexual] [#40]
Dude you’re so cool because you don’t mind waiting 6 months for something that was promised to be delivered in 4 to 6 weeks. God I’m such a PUSSY!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Dude you’re so cool because you don’t mind waiting 6 months for something that was promised to be delivered in 4 to 6 weeks. God I’m such a PUSSY!
View Quote
What round for angus, 5.56 or 7.62?
-Abe Lincoln
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:

What round for angus, 5.56 or 7.62?
-Abe Lincoln
View Quote
Angus?  Pepper Box!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone received a Betsy PX9 lower yet? I ordered over 2 months ago and have been told 1 more week about 3 times now. First they said they got more orders than expected, then they said the ATF is holding them up, now they’re telling me it’s the anodization that’s holding it up.
View Quote
Welcome back HBR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I spoke with Josiah today and PSA is open to considering a Halloween and Christmas lower again this year. Time is limited on the Halloween, but we do have some time to spitball ideas for Christmas. Below are some earlier Halloween designs, which include the Frankengun design (fits Halloween well, but also works for other stuff), and the Jack-lantern, which has many faces pending most popular request. There is also a Shining movie design posted earlier in the thread, along with some Nightmare before Christmas designs (very unlikely selections as that are Disney owned), and some classic horror movie images i could re-post if that helps with suggestions. For now I will keep the post limited.

Also posted are two Christmas designs, one is an an older design from the Christmas Story. The National Lampoons design was a request by @tlbailey1, just finished it today.

Let me know what you like and what ideas you may have concerning both a Christmas and a Halloween lower and we will see if we can convince the good fellas at PSA to work these in.

Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I spoke with Josiah today and PSA is open to considering a Halloween and Christmas lower again this year. Time is limited on the Halloween, but we do have some time to spitball ideas for Christmas. Below are some earlier Halloween designs, which include the Frankengun design (fits Halloween well, but also works for other stuff), and the Jack-lantern, which has many faces pending most popular request. There is also a Shining movie design posted earlier in the thread, along with some Nightmare before Christmas designs (very unlikely selections as that are Disney owned), and some classic horror movie images i could re-post if that helps with suggestions. For now I will keep the post limited.

Also posted are two Christmas designs, one is an an older design from the Christmas Story. The National Lampoons design was a request by @tlbailey1, just finished it today.

Let me know what you like and what ideas you may have concerning both a Christmas and a Halloween lower and we will see if we can convince the good fellas at PSA to work these in.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48435477446_540becd815_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48762111861_609e4af336_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48762297967_cdf6e609cc_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48761794268_5822d2f9d7_b.jpg
View Quote
I know they'd never go for it, but one of the Lampoon selector markings ABSOLUTELY needs to be "SHITTER'S FULL!"
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#46]
In for the Lampoon lower, selectors
That there's an RV
Shitter was full
I did it
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pearljammer8] [#47]
That there's an RV
Shitter was full
I did it

Serial# Jelly0000
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Pearljammer8:
That there's an RV
Shitter was full
I did it
View Quote
Agree on the "shitter full" being one. But "light it up" has to stay for full auto. It just works.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48435477446_540becd815_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48762111861_609e4af336_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48762297967_cdf6e609cc_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48761794268_5822d2f9d7_b.jpg
View Quote
Oh man, I'm torn between the Christmas and Lampoon lower. Can we get both of those, please?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DerpSouth:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DerpSouth:
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:

Coworker emailed Disney asking if he could get permission to dress up as one of their characters for a Childrens' Miracle network fundraiser. Their reply was basically "If you do it, we'll sue you." A simple no would have been perfectly fine, or even a no with a reason. Anyone with the respect to ask permission will obey the no. They actually threatened to sue.
Page / 657
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top