Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 660
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EggyMean:

I felt like it was rude to refer to Josiah as just Palmetto State Armory, but if that’s the way I should do it I’ll do it.

I post here whenever someone asks me about the lower either IRL or on Reddit. And I’m not the only one asking for it, there’s many others on this site who want it.

Apologies if it seems annoying to you, at least it isn’t another post about the M16 lower or complaining about “LiMiTeD rUnS” ;)
View Quote
On this forum using @ before a username pings a notification to that user. His name might be Josiah () but he won't get a popup message directing him to your post if you don't use the correct username. Of course for this thread he would probably see it anyway as this thread is probably checked more often than their industry forum
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I would actually love it if they did both versions: one with no stylized PSA logo and one with. I’d buy both!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I just want a definitive answer wether there will be a variant with commercial style markings.

I really want to build a 727.
I would actually love it if they did both versions: one with no stylized PSA logo and one with. I’d buy both!
I’m talking about this one, PSA has already said they aren’t doing the logo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Took my Wall to the range yesterday. Oh man, such a smooth running rifle. PSA LPK, Larue MPT-2S trigger, PSA upper. It's sad though, I built my PFG rifle a long time ago but still have not taken it the the range.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Took my Wall to the range yesterday. Oh man, such a smooth running rifle. PSA LPK, Larue MPT-2S trigger, PSA upper. It's sad though, I built my PFG rifle a long time ago but still have not taken it the the range.
View Quote
He who take only 1 firearm to rage, regret leaving other behind.

Old proverb I learnt long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:

View All Quotes

I thought about taking it but my wife had to go to work and I had limited time to shoot. So, I grabbed the one that I had the most ammo for. I think I only have 60 rounds of 6.5 Grendel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#6]

I thought about taking it but my wife had to go to work and I had limited time to shoot. So, I grabbed the one that I had the most ammo for. I think I only have 60 rounds of 6.5 Grendel.
View Quote
What cal is your Wall build?
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody have a time frame on the Israeli lower?  Seems like we've been waiting a very long time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
A couple other pics of the 9mm...

Here was the reason the rail had to be bored out. There were a couple Q&A on PSA’s site that said it was ~1.35” ID. I asked the guy selling the 9” rail to measure and he gave me about the same number. So I ordered the stuff for the form 1 silencer. Then the 9” rail showed up and I saw this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/D469B8F2-A87E-4CE6-A8C2-879DA070CEAC-1003720.jpg

The 1.35” only makes it an inch or so. Had Nick @ ECCO bore it out while he was working on some other stuff for me:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/917E34A6-ED5C-4515-9EDA-407A7CE2086A-1068260.jpg

The silencer was an all Ti kit from DM with 7 radials. Nick removed the last spacer and made a new 17-4 heat treated blast baffle. Got it Cerakoted locally. Here’s a shot of the business end:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/BEC09D9D-E91B-4E23-BDA7-E100009295B7-1097277.jpg

The paracord is there because I’m honestly not sure how warm the setup will get. That cord is rated to 900°F. Just wanted a little something there to block the heat. I just finished it up Friday, and it’s maiden voyage is Tuesday. The lower was test fired (120 rounds) with the upper in its original configuration...4” barre, 5” handguard and flash can. Silencer hasn’t had a single round through it.
View Quote
Now im actually more interested in the Form 1 silencer kit. I had no idea they existed!

What completion work had to be done on it?

What about filing the form? I know you have to include the plans?

I think that may be my next project.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kunkernator:

Now im actually more interested in the Form 1 silencer kit. I had no idea they existed!

What completion work had to be done on it?

What about filing the form? I know you have to include the plans?

I think that may be my next project.....
View Quote
This forum is your friend for DIY cans. There is another dedicated to filing  Form1 and Form4 items as well
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#10]
@PalmettoStateArmory  I talked to my buddy and sent him the mock-up of the Cousin Eddie Christmas lower and he is in for at least two.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 10:19:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Light it up should be "Shitter's full!"
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Guys, @Brickwurx

We are going to do the following lower for Halloween:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48435477446_540becd815_b.jpg

We will be doing this lower for Christmas. Two variables on this one. If our patent-attorney does not like Lampoon-15, we will use Griswold-15. Also, selector markings are up for discussion!!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48761794268_5822d2f9d7_b.jpg

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
Oh snap! Full auto HAS to be shitter's full.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:26:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#16]
Guys, @Brickwurx

We will be doing this lower for Christmas. Two variables on this one. If our patent-attorney does not like Lampoon-15, we will use Griswold-15. Also, selector markings are up for discussion!!

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
HOLY SHIT!!! I'm definitely in for Lampoon/Griswold lowers!!!

And I agree, auto needs to be "Shitter's Full".
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
I finished the basic build on my 12.5” 308 Spacecannon lower this weekend. Waiting on optic and mount to do a snow camo paint scheme. Will be my first attempt at painting.

I did my wall build as 6,5cm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Guys, @Brickwurx

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
In on both. Now a REAL Frankengun can be created. Let the purchasing...er...hand-me-down-parts scrounging begin.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 1:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dlshady] [#19]
Guys, @Brickwurx

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
So no Cousin Eddie lower?  What's your patent attorney's phone number? I need to have a word with him...

Link Posted: 9/23/2019 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

So no Cousin Eddie lower?  What's your patent attorney's phone number? I need to have a word with him...

View Quote
It is a shame. That was preferred over the PSA choice. Don’t particularly care for the moose cup. Now if it were moose knuckles....
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys, @Brickwurx

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
YES!!!! MY Halloween idea got chosen!!!! ill have to get them!!

love the lampoon xmas one too!! thanks Josiah!!!

Great choices @palmettostatearmory
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Guys, @Brickwurx

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
Love em both!

FA must be "shitter's full". Semi can be "light it up".
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

You’ll see them sold as solvent traps. Some use skirtless cones and spacers, while some use skirted cones. Wide variety of materials and prices. You can also piece stuff together from multiple places using some standardized sizes.

For the ones I did this time, all there was to do is drilling out the bore, and then clipping them. The kit was a perfect fit for the tube. If not buying a complete kit, you’ll usually need to also cut/trim spacers.

You don’t have to include the plans. Every once it awhile an examiner will ask for something. I’ve sent in nothing but a drawing of a rectangle indicating a side view of a tube, and listing length and height. Never once said a word about internals.

There’s some info in the DIY section linked earlier. There is a lot more info on other sites dedicated to F1 Suppressors.
View Quote
Going to look in to this, thanks for the info! Already started poking in the previous mentioned thread as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brink89] [#24]
For the proposed chritmas lower why not Shitters Full for safe. its stopped (up) in safe and you would load  a full magazine on safe (at least the way i learned)
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#25]
IT'S ALIVE  
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the Halloween one gonna come out before or after Christmas this year?

Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]
on the burst lower can we get it spelled "BRRRSSST" in keeping with tradition and all?!!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View Quote
Rather than thinking they are late, try thinking they are realllllllyyyy early. Think outside the box.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Rather than thinking they are late, try thinking they are realllllllyyyy early. Think outside the box.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I finished the basic build on my 12.5” 308 Spacecannon lower this weekend. Waiting on optic and mount to do a snow camo paint scheme. Will be my first attempt at painting.

View All Quotes

I was hoping there were a few more Spacecannon lowers because I want to do another .308 build but they seem to be no more.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Rubber hose should be semi auto.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#32]

I was hoping there were a few more Spacecannon lowers because I want to do another .308 build but they seem to be no more.
View Quote
You mean like this?

Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#33]
@PalmettoStateArmory

Any updates on the PA10 I Stand-10 lowers?  I ordered 7-7 and it’s still “processing”.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#34]
You mean like this?

https://i.imgur.com/sHi4pFD.jpg
View All Quotes

You mean like this?

https://i.imgur.com/sHi4pFD.jpg
Yes, I skipped it because I wasn't going to build another .308 but after shooting my Wall rifle I want another one now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sigking] [#35]
Originally Posted By kersty52:
@PalmettoStateArmory

Any updates on the PA10 I Stand-10 lowers?  I ordered 7-7 and it’s still “processing”.
View Quote
I ordered one on 7-5 along with the same design in the Ar15 lower.  My 308 still says processing also. I picked up the I Stand AR15 last week.

I just bought a 9mm upper for my yeet lower I picked up a few weeks ago, when I went in to pick up my I Stand AR15 lower.  Next time I'm not going past the front desk!!!  I need a shirt that says, no matter what, don't sale me anything, I'm just here for the lowers.

If it takes a few more weeks on the 308 that's fine for me for now, no money for the upper
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#36]
@PalmettoStateArmory @BrickWurX

Thoughts on the Virginia / Virtue lower? I saw that PSA is considering a Halloween lower, with limited time to make it. This says to me that if the Virginia lower was going to happen, it would need to start down that track soon. The Virginia state election is November 5, and if the democrats win enough seats they will have complete control of the state government in January. At that point, it is a very real possibility that myself and other Virginians will be unable to even buy any more PSA lowers if they pass the laws they introduced this July.

I don’t want to come across as pushy or anything. I’m just curious about if PSA is even considering it at this point. I did some rudimentary polling and came to the conclusion that at least 250 of the lower would sell, if not more.

If either @Josiah or @BrickWurx have any input, please let me know.

(If it helps, I have purchased 4x M4A1 lowers, 1x Mount Pleasant, 1x ATF, 1x Minutemen, 1x Spacewalker, 1x Spacerover, 1x Space Cannon, I would love to be able to say 5x Virginia)
View Quote
Please keep in mind I do not call the shots for PSA sir, I'm only writing you my personal opinion. Running the numbers in my head concerning the feedback I collect from lower sales, my honest reply is that a state specific lower will be a hard sell outside of that area. The unfortunate truth is a response of 250 replies concerning interest is not great feedback. Especially when comparing those numbers to the more resent controversial NOBETO-15 design. If it helps, I've designed a few other state lowers that will likely never see the light of day. Even the Cali-mag lower on the selected list may not make it to production; after T-shirts were introduced and time passed, the lower dropped in popularity.

However, I completely understand your overall concern; I think all of us do on this forum.  Yes, what you have written about your state concerning politics is a really big deal for anyone that respects the freedoms that the 2A protects. In truth, this issue is MUCH larger than one state; we are all quickly approaching a crossroads as a nation concerning our freedoms. That is why PSA so often produces patriotic style lowers that a nation of gun owners are more likely to purchase and stand behind. With the timeline you are talking about for your state quickly approaching, the only way to ensure what is headed in your direction does not happen, is to get people off their tales and to the voting booths. Let your state know exactly how you feel.

Changing gears to demonstrate a point, I see you listed the lowers you have collected so far (I also love the astronaut designs, my favorite). Out of the ten lowers you listed, only one references our freedoms and rights as a nation, MINUTEMEN-15. Each of the following make a patriotic statement or reference to our rights, FREEDOM-15, CONFIRMED-15, DIPLORABLES-15. ASAULT-15, NOBETO-15, but aren't on your list. I helped with the Virginia design because it has merit. But I won't lie to you, your state flag logo of a half-naked lady holding what looks to be a fallace isn't much better than the Kentucky flag, which looks like a rich fella consoling a fur trader for being poor. Honestly, our state logos suck. Better chance of selling those lowers if that Virginia lady was complete topless and using that stick as a rocking horse! (Don’t’ ask me to illustrate that, you and I both know it will NEVER happen)

Instead of taking my message in a negative way, do what I do when one of you guys hammer the crap out of me for coming up with an idea that doesn’t make the cut. We gotta look for a better design sir. One which makes reference to your state, one that people want, and one that works for a broad audience. Even if it’s poking fun or making a joke, if it sells lowers in bulk while making a statement, mission completed. A serious design may work just as well. Also, I am getting tired of drawing snakes, so no snakes on this one please.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

Please keep in mind I do not call the shots for PSA sir, I'm only writing you my personal opinion. Running the numbers in my head concerning the feedback I collect from lower sales, my honest reply is that a state specific lower will be a hard sell outside of that area. The unfortunate truth is a response of 250 replies concerning interest is not great feedback. Especially when comparing those numbers to the more resent controversial NOBETO-15 design. If it helps, I've designed a few other state lowers that will likely never see the light of day. Even the Cali-mag lower on the selected list may not make it to production; after T-shirts were introduced and time passed, the lower dropped in popularity.

However, I completely understand your overall concern; I think all of us do on this forum.  Yes, what you have written about your state concerning politics is a really big deal for anyone that respects the freedoms that the 2A protects. In truth, this issue is MUCH larger than one state; we are all quickly approaching a crossroads as a nation concerning our freedoms. That is why PSA so often produces patriotic style lowers that a nation of gun owners are more likely to purchase and stand behind. With the timeline you are talking about for your state quickly approaching, the only way to ensure what is headed in your direction does not happen, is to get people off their tales and to the voting booths. Let your state know exactly how you feel.

Changing gears to demonstrate a point, I see you listed the lowers you have collected so far (I also love the astronaut designs, my favorite). Out of the ten lowers you listed, only one references our freedoms and rights as a nation, MINUTEMEN-15. Each of the following make a patriotic statement or reference to our rights, FREEDOM-15, CONFIRMED-15, DIPLORABLES-15. ASAULT-15, NOBETO-15, but aren't on your list. I helped with the Virginia design because it has merit. But I won't lie to you, your state flag logo of a half-naked lady holding what looks to be a fallace isn't much better than the Kentucky flag, which looks like a rich fella consoling a fur trader for being poor. Honestly, our state logos suck. Better chance of selling those lowers if that Virginia lady was complete topless and using that stick as a rocking horse! (Don’t’ ask me to illustrate that, you and I both know it will NEVER happen)

Instead of taking my message in a negative way, do what I do when one of you guys hammer the crap out of me for coming up with an idea that doesn’t make the cut. We gotta look for a better design sir. One which makes reference to your state, one that people want, and one that works for a broad audience. Even if it’s poking fun or making a joke, if it sells lowers in bulk while making a statement, mission completed. A serious design may work just as well. Also, I am getting tired of drawing snakes, so no snakes on this one please.
View Quote
No offense taken here. I definitely understand that it’s a tough sell business wise for PSA, the truth (which I’m sure is obvious) is that I personally am very passionate about both Virginia and Palmetto State Armory, so the idea of the Virginia lower would be the perfect intersection for me personally. As far as reaching a wider audience, I did suggest changing the name to “VIRTUE-15” and the serial to “VA0000” a while back since that change seemed to get people who aren’t tied to VA interested. The imagery of Virtue slaying a tyrant seems to resonate with people (who knew? )There’s a lot going on in this thread though so it might have got lost in the noise.

Also, ironically enough, the biggest complaint I got over on r/VAguns was actually the LACK of the “freedom tiddy” on the lower design. I actually told one guy if the lower got made I would add the nip myself with a punch

Now as far as my personal lower/patriotism selection, I think we can both admit that your list of “patriotic lowers” includes some that are more “i really like X politician / don’t like Y politician”. I got the Minutemen lower because it was historically relevant, same reason I want the Virginia one.

The absolute worst case scenario is that I get a blank 80% lower and get the Virginia design (or something similar) done myself. I wouldn’t use your artwork for that obviously.

The 250 number may seem low, but that’s just from two subreddits. I tried polling in other gun subs but the mod teams there have super lame rules about polling so I couldn’t harvest those numbers.

At the end of the day though, it’s no harm no foul if the lower doesn’t get made. Not everyone gets what they want. I’ll continue to buy from PSA and appreciate your work BrickWurX. I’m just trying to get something I think is cool made, and something that many other people I’ve talked to want as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys, @Brickwurx

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
“That’s the gift that keeps on givin’ the whole year!”
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m in for one Halloween and one Xmas lower, and to be honest probably whatever else comes out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RayJaxShooter:
I’m in for one Halloween and one Xmas lower, and to be honest probably whatever else comes out!
View Quote
Mya want to take a look on page 424 before making a statement like that. Your bank account might regret it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#42]
And he adds another to the must have list.

Thank your for the laugh after a shitty day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Mya want to take a look on page 424 before making a statement like that. Your bank account might regret it.
View Quote
Oh I know, that's how I know I'll be buying more!

The issue isn't the cost of the lower, it's the cost of the build that gets me!

Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Received ship info on Spacerovers this morning.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Wait, you mean we're supposed to be building these too?  
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

Wait, you mean we're supposed to be building these too?  
View Quote
I’ll leave that to my children’s children. I’ll just plant the seed.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Spacerover 79 and 80 have touched down on the surface.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
Spacerover 79 and 80 have touched down on the surface.
View Quote
If my order wasn’t in review for past week, I probably would have been joining you. Hell, we may have been SN siblings.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#49]
PSA is a big tease. Sent me an email saying my stuff has shipped, but all they've done is created a shipping label.

I'm guessing I'm ~1-2 days ground if they ship from SC. Hoping to get my rifle kits in time for the weekend. Gonna put the kids to work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top