Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2024 1:11:14 PM EDT
How difficult is it to pass the Part 107 test without taking a class, just self study?
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Not terribly difficult. I passed my private and commercial written tests using self-study. The Part 107 test is far less demanding.

There are lots of great self-study resources. All the FAA publications are available to download for free. I strongly recommend using study software. Sheppard is generally considered the best but they don't offer a Part 107 product. Dauntless is also very good, I used them for my commercial, and they have a Part 107 solution: https://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/groundschool/drone.asp
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be fine with the free stuff from FAA.

My niece just took her test using those materials and passed with a 90.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, thanks guys. I was worried I would need to take a pay course to pass. The 107 is all I will ever need, I dont see getting private or sport with horrible depth perception.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag.

Been looking at Part 107, and taking some practice tests. Was using the King practice tests, but their course is $129. For that I could get both the Android and PC versions through Dauntless.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]
That's why I went with Dauntless. Their question pool is known to not be quite as good as Sheppard's, but Sheppard was only available to me on a Windows PC and iOS. I'm not an iOS guy, so I wanted a solution for my Android tablet as well so that I could study anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:41:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slowr1der] [#8]
I'm sure it's different now, but I took it when they first started offering it. All I used to study was the free material available and I only missed 1 question on the test. I definitely over studied.

The refreshers you now do online are easy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread reminds me, another thing I need to get back to/start studying. I should get it at some point.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NAM:
Tag.

Been looking at Part 107, and taking some practice tests. Was using the King practice tests, but their course is $129. For that I could get both the Android and PC versions through Dauntless.
View Quote

Do you have your PPL? If so, it's a cake walk. Based on others, sounds like it's not too bad for those that don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top