BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just now closed mine, only took a few minutes. Done with them.
View Quote

This, no issues here
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
"Today PayPal owns brands like Braintree, Venmo, Xoom, and iZettle.Sep 30, 2022"
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you paid your $10,000 termination fee?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They were going to attempt to pull $2500 out of anyone’s account they considered to be spreading “misinformation”.

I didn’t. Took 10 seconds on the app.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I miss?

I have a PayPal  2% cash back credit card.

They were going to attempt to pull $2500 out of anyone’s account they considered to be spreading “misinformation”.

Quoted:
I was just looking up PayPal cancellations a bit ago. Supposedly you have to call an 800 number to do it.

I didn’t. Took 10 seconds on the app.

I must be living under a rock also.

I know nothing about what has apparently just happened.
Spreading misinformation? I thought paypal was a payment company, not a social media company.
I am a little confused.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The response I received was that it can take up to 30 days

We're working on your request

Thanks for letting us know you want to delete your PayPal account data. We've already confirmed your identity. Now, we'll look at your account history, and email you usually within 30 days to let you know the status. Certain factors, such as federal, state, and local laws, can affect what data we can delete.

You have rights and choices about how your personal data is collected, stored, used, and shared. You can find out more in our Privacy Statement. If you don't want to click on the link, please select Privacy at the bottom of any PayPal.com page.
View Quote

I received the same message. Day 3 here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Closed mine over the weekend, zero issues
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Closed mine over the weekend, zero issues
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I just closed mine this morning.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Closed mine, been using them since early 2000's.  Don't forget to click delete my data option before closing.

-P
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I must be living under a rock also.

I know nothing about what has apparently just happened.
Spreading misinformation? I thought paypal was a payment company, not a social media company.
I am a little confused.
View Quote

most companies are just that till they decide to jump on a social and not legal endeavor.

when they decide to tell you how you should live well then they are no longer just a a funding company
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I suspect they are backed up right now
View Quote

Seen people on other forums closing their accounts, I’m guessing it’s becoming a serious issue for PayPal and in a panic they are stopping people from closing accounts to stop the bleeding
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#12]
They are in damage control mode now LOL.ppal  
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are in damage control mode now LOL.https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52424365237_ab667a8cb0_c.jpgppal  
View Quote

There is a lawyer somewhere who insisted they deny, deny, deny, instead of absolutely owning the mistake. I'm convinced this actually does more damage to try gaslighting the public but hell, what do I know? I'm just a rube closing my account because of some misinformation I believe. Maybe they should fine me
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cancel all your ongoing subscriptions. If you look you will see that you have a one time payment on a website and they will count it as an ongoing subscription. I had to cancel 18 of them and only two or three were an actual subscription at one time.
View Quote
^^ This.  Mine even had one time orders as "automatic payments."
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I didn't close it but removed both my credit card and checking account from it
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I didn't close it but removed both my credit card and checking account from it
View Quote

Is that good enough? I’ve yet to get an answer. I don’t want to lose 6 years of invoicing records by closing the acct. I won’t be using them anymore once my other processor is operational.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm an avid paintballer.  The paintball world is driven by Paypal.  I won't be closing my account, no matter how badly people want to see the virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just closed mine this morning.  
View Quote
Same. Just closed mine with no issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they can suck from an account that’s been deleted/removed? Like if a guy unlinked every account, and none remain?
View Quote

The ACH transaction network is unsecured and doesn't have any of the fraud protections the credit card networks do. So yes, anyone you gave your routing and account number to can take whatever they want, and it's up to YOU to prove you didn't agree to it.

That has nothing to do with Paypal, but if scammers from Romania can do it, so can Paypal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Cancelled mine on Tuesday with no problems
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been getting this message all day.
Anyone else have this issue?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266387/C28699BB-72F3-4E71-9758-661D44BB3430_png-2560927.JPG
View Quote

I got the same thing on my phone so I did it from my laptop. Can't do it on the PayPal app.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Just tried to close from the Website, and I get this.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Removed all my cards and closed with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The ACH transaction network is unsecured and doesn't have any of the fraud protections the credit card networks do. So yes, anyone you gave your routing and account number to can take whatever they want, and it's up to YOU to prove you didn't agree to it.

That has nothing to do with Paypal, but if scammers from Romania can do it, so can Paypal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they can suck from an account that’s been deleted/removed? Like if a guy unlinked every account, and none remain?

Even if I delete all of my accounts from PayPal? Do they retain that info after the bank/card is deleted?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#25]
They are doing the same thing to me as well.

I just responded to their customer satisfaction survey.

You are intentionally preventing me from closing my account. You are now holding me hostage to your tyranny. You support pedophiles, and you denied "Gays Against Groomers" from accepting donations.

You are evil and vile. You have too much power. You lied about your $2500 Thought Police fine. You have failed to serve humanity. I hope your money keeps you warm because your soul is black and cold.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Closed with no issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm an avid paintballer.  The paintball world is driven by Paypal.  I won't be closing my account, no matter how badly people want to see the virtue signaling.
View Quote

Cool. Thanks for letting everyone know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh yes the old " maybe they will let me play paintball in the gulag " argument.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brave and strong!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I didn't get that question when I was closing my account using a desktop browser. Was that in the mobile app?
View Quote

I closed it on my home PC / Brave browser.

I was logged into Paypal and when I selected to delete all personal and account data it sent me a verification number to re-enter to complete the action.
After that was done I deleted the account.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#31]
We'll know that PayPal is really hurting over this when they have to release the access media marketing-piece drops.

It will go like this.
"Haha nobody canceled guys, like literally nobody cancelled at all, it's not a big deal at all hahaha please keep your account and please keep buying our stock"

Then, the greybars, the dumbest people on this website, will gator-roll into this thread and then recite what they read, uncritically, because, they read it on the Internet and it must be true!

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My post is as valid as everyone else's posts saying they're closing theirs.  Sorry you don't like that and had to shit on my post.

Have an awesome day.

Quoted:

Oh yes the old " maybe they will let me play paintball in the gulag " argument.

This makes zero sense, but this is GD so

Quoted:

Brave and strong!

I'm just following the example of all the virtue signalers telling us how they're closing their Paypals.  I learned it from you...!!!

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My post is as valid as everyone else's posts saying they're closing theirs.  Sorry you don't like that and had to shit on my post.

Have an awesome day.

This makes zero sense, but this is GD so

I'm just following the example of all the virtue signalers telling us how they're closing their Paypals.  I learned it from you...!!!
View Quote

No you are not.

We all used PP for the ease and convenience. You have only given your rationalization as to why you are going to continue.

We have given our reasons for leaving. If not supporting child molesters is virtue signaling, then I am guilty.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No you are not.

We all used PP for the ease and convenience. You have only given your rationalization as to why you are going to continue.

We have given our reasons for leaving. If not supporting child molesters is virtue signaling, then I am guilty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No you are not.

Well, I can't buy paintball shit from players without it.  They don't take USPS Money Orders.
I personally don't give a flying shit that you're leaving, and it IS virtue signaling.

Again, have an awesome day.

I know this is trolling, but it's my attitude.

Sorry you lot haven't figured that out yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well, I can't buy paintball shit from players without it.  They don't take USPS Money Orders.
I personally don't give a flying shit that you're leaving, and it IS virtue signaling.

Again, have an awesome day.

I know this is trolling, but it's my attitude.

Sorry you lot haven't figured that out yet.
View Quote

Why do you feel so compelled to tell us all about it then?

What was your reason for taking the Oath and fighting for your country?

Is that not the essence of virtue?

Virtue is nothing to apologize for.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why do you feel so compelled to tell us all about it then?

What was your reason for taking the Oath and fighting for your country?

Is that not the essence of virtue?

Virtue is nothing to apologize for.
View Quote

You are seriously butt-hurt about this.  I've told you why I'm not closing my accounts and that you're all virtue signaling when you say "I'm doing this bandwagon thing that GD endorses".

Virtue is fine, virtue signaling is cringe at best and I will call it out when I see it.   There needs to be a voice of reason in this damned echo chamber, and if it must be me, then so be it.
Enjoy your seat on the bandwagon.

Also, it has ZERO to do with any oaths.  ZERO, and I won't be shamed in this way by people I don't know or care about.

Again, please, have an excellent day.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/6ws204.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#41]

It's not really that good.  But ok.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It actually is.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#43]
i closed mine a month ago after 20+ years iirc?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Tried closing mine, I have not used it since 2019. The credit card they have on file expired two years ago.

It seems I CANNOT cancel the damn thing.  There is $1 in the account and the "check by mail" button does not work.  They want access to my bank # to send it.  Not happening.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They locked it so you couldn’t.

“Oops it’s an error…”
View Quote

More Like...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I clicked "close account" and it closed.  Boom done.  No verification or anything.  I'm pretty sure they wanted rid of me though.  I had a 2000 account that was created with no SSN and no linked bank.  They were going to have a hard time stealing $2500 from me.  Adios.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It actually is.
View Quote

It's not, but here's a sticker anyway.  You did an extra good job.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"Today PayPal owns brands like Braintree, Venmo, Xoom, and iZettle.Sep 30, 2022"
View Quote

Just want to echo this. PayPal owns Venmo.

I'll be closing both today.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#49]

The real negative for them has to be more support for the Fair Access to Banking Act.

PayPal's stock price will recover and there is almost no way to get a enough PayPal users to cancel their accounts to impact their bottom line, although I cancelled mine and applaud everyone else who does.  The real downside (?) for PayPal (and other payment processors and banks) is far more support for such legislation.

Frankly, I would bet the banks would be relieved to see such legislation pass, since they would no longer have to explain to woke elitists why they are still providing services to conservatives or out-of-woke-favor (legal) businesses... but that position assumes the banks aren't controlled by woke elitists, and that is by no means a slam dunk.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You are seriously butt-hurt about this.  I've told you why I'm not closing my accounts and that you're all virtue signaling when you say "I'm doing this bandwagon thing that GD endorses".

Virtue is fine, virtue signaling is cringe at best and I will call it out when I see it.   There needs to be a voice of reason in this damned echo chamber, and if it must be me, then so be it.
Enjoy your seat on the bandwagon.

Also, it has ZERO to do with any oaths.  ZERO, and I won't be shamed in this way by people I don't know or care about.

Again, please, have an excellent day.
View Quote
The voice of reason is that PayPal has always been a shady character and deserves not to be trusted.  Their policies and past behavior are clear indicators.  For many, this latest "accident" was the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you are content with doing business with a company that would "fine" you for your political position, then have at it.  It's not virtue signaling, it's risk management.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top