Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2021 8:32:55 AM EDT
Another chapter in the chronicles of federal fiscal clown world...

Havent bought salt for the pool since last summer since I usually buy in bulk.  Holy shit $8 a fucking 40lb bag batman!

Last summer was less than half that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a guy with an unfinished pole barn full of salt.

Hit me up and I’ll send you screenshots of his contract info.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
For us poors who do not own a pool how much was it last year?

How much do you need usually?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
It's just under $6/bag (before fake rebate) at menards. Looked at lowes and sure enough $8.

I was paying ~$4/bag last year.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Dah comrade.... Nyet inflation here
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on salt reading in pool most salt manufactures require 3200 ppm for chlorine generator to work

40# POOL SALT my distributor has   List Price :   $22.60

but I get it for about $6.00
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Why does Batman keep getting involved with these threads??
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thankfully only a couple dozen/season.  Not really much for me to whine about but still.....dat inflation do.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Why salt the pool? I gather to prevent freezing is probably the reason but I grew up with an in-ground pool in the desert and most mornings there was 2 inches or more of ice on the pool so it didn't seem like a major problem needing fixed. I'll grant that we used the pool to be able to store lots of catfish and crappie and bluegill close to the kitchen without eating up fridge space so we didn't even put chlorine in it. Still. Are y'all planning on keeping saltwater fish in yours or what?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why salt the pool? I gather to prevent freezing is probably the reason but I grew up with an in-ground pool in the desert and most mornings there was 2 inches or more of ice on the pool so it didn't seem like a major problem needing fixed. I'll grant that we used the pool to be able to store lots of catfish and crappie and bluegill close to the kitchen without eating up fridge space so we didn't even put chlorine in it. Still. Are y'all planning on keeping saltwater fish in yours or what?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Kinda for free chlorine

Salt chlorine generators convert sodium chloride (NaCl), also known as table salt, into chlorine.

These salt generators, also called salt cells, work by electrolysis. The salt water is electrically charged,

which splits the salt molecules and generates chlorine (Cl).
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

NaCl you make chlorine from salt.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Kinda for free chlorine

Salt chlorine generators convert sodium chloride (NaCl), also known as table salt, into chlorine.

These salt generators, also called salt cells, work by electrolysis. The salt water is electrically charged,

which splits the salt molecules and generates chlorine (Cl).
View Quote
Well fark me in the doodie pocket. That's plum clever.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well fark me in the doodie pocket. That's plum clever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Pool sales, the use of pools, and the chlorine shortage all contribute to increased demand.  Economics 101 says high demand equals higher prices.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top