Pennsylvania (Page 24 of 68)
Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wiley07:

Roundtop?
View Quote
I got Seven Springs, Hidden Valley and Nemacolin local -- local being 30-60 minute drive.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Spent some time at the range this morning... nice and cool outside perfect for some trigger time without all the usual Fudds.

Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Spent some time at the range this morning... nice and cool outside perfect for some trigger time without all the usual Fudds.

https://i.imgur.com/FMvPrzr.jpg
View Quote
That's a good looking range.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By pgh_mill_hunkey:

That's a good looking range.
View Quote
I like it.  They have steel targets at 200y and 300y.  The indoor pistol range is really nice in the winter, too
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice range pic laxman09
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy sheet it's gonna be near 60 tomorrow. Sucks for deer hunting.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BLITZ999:
Holy sheet it's gonna be near 60 tomorrow. Sucks for deer hunting.
View Quote
Yeah, I feel for the people trying to harvest a buck in that -- not that it can't be done. I'll be out Saturday to try and fill a doe tag.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Outstanding buck! Congratulations

When you have a moment, share him in hometown.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Dannnnnng that's a beast! Nice buck!
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:20:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: camarojsmith] [#11]
Originally Posted By JK_Pyre:

Outstanding buck! Congratulations

When you have a moment, share him in hometown.
View Quote

Dannnnnng that's a beast! Nice buck!
View Quote
My dads deer.  The big woods in Allegheny National Forest are starting to produce again.  I got a nice 10 last year.  Lots of big deer got shot yesterday.  I saw a ton of deer sign.  Way more then the past 15 years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:22:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JQ66] [#12]
Impressive
I've never seen one with tines that tall where I live.  They usually don't live long enough
Plus no farms anymore that grow anything
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:

My dads deer.  The big woods in Allegheny National Forest are starting to produce again.  I got a nice 10 last year.  Lots of big deer got shot yesterday.  I saw a ton of deer sign.  Way more then the past 15 years.
View Quote
Congrats to your dad. I haven't ventured up into Allegheny National in some years, but we're definitely seeing the fruits of our antler restrictions statewide in recent years. I remember the pic of the one you got last year also -- great buck! Do you have more days to get out?
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Congrats to your dad. I haven't ventured up into Allegheny National in some years, but we're definitely seeing the fruits of our antler restrictions statewide in recent years. I remember the pic of the one you got last year also -- great buck! Do you have more days to get out?
View Quote
That was my one day to hunt at camp this year.  I'll be hunting Mercer/Lawrence County the rest of the season.  I'd really like to get back up there for archery season but it's probably not going to happen.

Plus I started puking power steering fluid once I got there, so my truck is kind of out of commission at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Tracks are getting warmer... Only about two months ahead of me now
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Piledriver2235:
Tracks are getting warmer... Only about two months ahead of me now https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20171128-093427-375037.JPG
View Quote
You've got him right where you want him
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#17]
What the hell is with the oddball paving lately?

222, the road to nowhere portion, was ground and repaved.  The repave feels worse than when it was ground.  It was just repaved a couple years ago.  A few other roads like this too.  They're repaving and making them rough as fuck.

I'm seeing four lane roads all over where they're cutting out the road in a 1-2ft wide section along the doted line, then repaving it.  When I first saw it on 61, the crew cutting and hauling the old chunks out were only a few hundred feet ahead of the crew filling and repaving it.  WTF?
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

222, the road to nowhere portion, was ground and repaved.  The repave feels worse than when it was ground.  It was just repaved a couple years ago.  A few other roads like this too.  They're repaving and making them rough as fuck.

I'm seeing four lane roads all over where they're cutting out the road in a 1-2ft wide section along the doted line, then repaving it.  When I first saw it on 61, the crew cutting and hauling the old chunks out were only a few hundred feet ahead of the crew filling and repaving it.  WTF?
View Quote
I have no clue but it is odd. They redid a good section of 61 near shoey a few years back and it was a thin coat of asphalt, already looks like hell. My road hasn't seen fresh asphalt in over 20 years and it is getting pretty bad. They did oil and rock (chip seal) the one feeder road near me, god I hate chip sealing. I would love to see them do that shit in one of the high dollar suburbs and not us po folks.

They just did all the bridges and overpasses on 78 though, they came out nice.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 762xIAN:

I have no clue but it is odd. They redid a good section of 61 near shoey a few years back and it was a thin coat of asphalt, already looks like hell. My road hasn't seen fresh asphalt in over 20 years and it is getting pretty bad. They did oil and rock (chip seal) the one feeder road near me, god I hate chip sealing. I would love to see them do that shit in one of the high dollar suburbs and not us po folks.

They just did all the bridges and overpasses on 78 though, they came out nice.
View Quote
I can't believe they oil and chipped 662.  I almost lost my ass on that multiple times even when accounting for the fact that it was just chipped.

You know the section I'm talking about though with the weird line repaving.  From Mohrsville road, maybe dauberville bridge, up to Glen Gery.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
The narrow strip seems weird, but PA is late to that type of repaving overall. 2 ways to do maintenance on roads with heavy traffic:
  1. Build it sturdy, let it wear to near impassibility (say 10 years), then tear the whole thing up down to the sub-base over the whole summer.
  2. Heavy subbase and base, but with a lighter duty surface.  Every 2 years mill off the top 2" and immediately (or within a few days/seeks) lay down a new surface.  One lane closed at night only; during the day open to traffic on the subbase.  Then they only need to dig deeper every 20 years, because the fresh topcoats keep the water from getting beneath, causing potholes.  Theoretically.

MD's been doing it the latter way for a couple of decades now (I grew up in PA.)  It's supposedly cheaper overall, BUT there are (were?) fewer federal funds for maintenance than projects.  So it might have been be cheaper for the Commonwealth to let a road get totally fucked, and then apply to the Feds for the I-78 Reconstruction Project.  Versus The I-78 maintenance fund.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#21]

I can't believe they oil and chipped 662.  I almost lost my ass on that multiple times even when accounting for the fact that it was just chipped.

You know the section I'm talking about though with the weird line repaving.  From Mohrsville road, maybe dauberville bridge, up to Glen Gery.
View Quote
Seriously?  I used to travel that road regularly, and it saw a shitload more traffic than would justify oil and chip.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#22]
Originally Posted By R2point0:

Seriously?  I used to travel that road regularly, and it saw a shitload more traffic than would justify oil and chip.
View Quote
Shoey to 222.  They didn't do the other end.

Regardless, so many people have crashed on those turns already.  Then they lay down a few inches of chips.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]
It wouldn't be so bad if the new asphalt was Level!  In some places the new surface might as well be a frozen dirt road!  SMOOTH! but you'll bounce up and down a little as you travel down the new surface.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#24]
You crazy eastern PA folk have some strange realities.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#25]
You crazy eastern PA folk have some strange realities.
View Quote
That's because us natives are proper dutchies.

You guys out west should just be annexed by Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Blasphemy! Philly goes to Delaware I say.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Blasphemy! Philly goes to Delaware I say.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
The game of euchre courses through my veins if that helps
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
You're suggesting a schism amongst the various quadrants of the state. If you're not careful, non-residents might begin to think that penguins/flyers fans or steelers/eagles fans don't like each other
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I know Im late to the party, but if someone had to move to either PA, or WV. I was originally think WV, but after a few of these posts, thinking PA now.
Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bag_Man:
I know Im late to the party, but if someone had to move to either PA, or WV. I was originally think WV, but after a few of these posts, thinking PA now.
Can anyone confirm?
View Quote
Depends where, Pa. could easily be two if not three separate states.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Can anyone confirm?
View Quote
Wv if you want to hump your sister/cousin
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By endofdays:

Wv if you want to hump your sister/cousin
View Quote
Damn, thats helpful......

Southern PA, York or around that area.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Nothing? Everyone is done?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

York area is a fine area.  I have many buds down that way, I visit onct or twict a year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#36]
i live between the poconos and scranton. its actually elmhurst twp next to moscow, i love it
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:09:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Brrr.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
Brrr.
View Quote
Yep. 14*. Near cal.u
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Just wondering how their practicing is coming along....

Link Posted: 12/13/2017 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 8:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skillshot] [#41]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

View Quote

yes this thread eluded me for two and a half years.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:

I once heard someone say, "Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh in the west, Philadelphia in the east, and Alabama in the middle."

Being from north central PA, I took immediate offense at that comment.

Then, after chewing on it a while, I thought, "You know... there's something to that."
View Quote
It's true.  I live 50 miles from work and it's a different world.  They think I'm a lunatic.  Just today I had to explain to them that we do indeed eat roadkill deer in Berks.  It blew their minds and disgusted them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#43]

I once heard someone say, "Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh in the west, Philadelphia in the east, and Alabama in the middle."

Then, after chewing on it a while, I thought, "You know... there's something to that."
View Quote
lol pretty true. kinda feels like antartica now tho. fuck winter
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By endofdays:

lol pretty true. kinda feels like antartica now tho. fuck winter
View Quote
It's supposed to warm up to a whole 18 degrees here later today.

Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
It was James Carville back when Clinton the Rapist (as opposed to Clinton the Rape Defender) was running.  Apparently Scranton was a non-entity even then.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#46]

It's true.  I live 50 miles from work and it's a different world.  They think I'm a lunatic.  Just today I had to explain to them that we do indeed eat roadkill deer in Berks.  It blew their minds and disgusted them.
View Quote
We moved to SE Berks county in 1975-76.  Parents still live there, as does my brother. It's almost unrecognizable now.  I didn't know whether to celebrate or mourn when they completed the 422 Bypass all the way to King of Prussia.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CyberIntel] [#47]
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:
Collectively I view PA gun shops and show vendors as the biggest bunch of shysters/crooks in the gun community.

I swear I think some of their over-priced shit have been in the shops for generations.....Never fear though, they make sure they increase the price by $100.00 every year.  
View Quote
I agree, but honestly with the internet and Gunbroker why does it even matter?
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Our gun laws are good, our hunting laws regulations kinda suck.  From a gun rights perspective PA is good but it seems like a place that could tip the wrong way over the next 10-20 years.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Yup - or back in the day it was "the Republican T" northern PA the top of the T, central PA the middle, Pittsburgh and Philly with democrats on either side.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Pittsburgh has gone rich and vibrant.
Page / 68
Pennsylvania (Page 24 of 68)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top