Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

People not Voting for Trump (Page 93 of 134)
Page / 134
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:33:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liquid77] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macros73:

https://media1.tenor.com/m/3FmLafs-kEYAAAAC/thats-true-eric-cartman.gif

Trump’s tariff proposals would cost the typical middle-income household at least $1,700 a year, the researchers found.

“These policies are more likely to hurt than help the lower- and middle-income Americans they purport to benefit,” authors Kimberly Clausing and Mary Lovely, senior fellows at the Peterson Institute, wrote in the paper, titled “Why Trump’s Tariff Proposals Would Harm Working Americans.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/21/business/trump-trade-war-tariffs-china/index.html

"Overall, we rate The Peterson Institute for International Economics Least Biased with a slight right lean. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/peterson-institute-for-international-economics/
View Quote

That's probably less then they lost to "Stop The Steal".
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

I get not voting Trump but why are you actively voting Harris? Why not abstain from either?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Some of us put what's good for the Constitution and rule of law before what's good for them personally. I understand that may seem like a strange concept to MTGA, where traits like duty and honor have been replaced with cult worship of an orange idol.

I get not voting Trump but why are you actively voting Harris? Why not abstain from either?

I'm curious if Macros would vote for a Massie ticket.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:09:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#3]

Trump’s tariff proposals would cost the typical middle-income household at least $1,700 a year, the researchers found.

“These policies are more likely to hurt than help the lower- and middle-income Americans they purport to benefit,” authors Kimberly Clausing and Mary Lovely, senior fellows at the Peterson Institute, wrote in the paper, titled “Why Trump’s Tariff Proposals Would Harm Working Americans.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/21/business/trump-trade-war-tariffs-china/index.html

"Overall, we rate The Peterson Institute for International Economics Least Biased with a slight right lean. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record."

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

No, the “working class” is a real thing. I didn’t make it up. Imagine a class of people who can’t afford private school, don’t use “summer” as a verb, and live in towns that are affected by open border policies. There are people who are directly impacted by the party that wins the presidential election.

How much did exporting industry to China cost the working class? I don't need a study to tell me that it's a lot more than $1,700 a year. At some point you are going to have to start getting your rubber dogshit from some other place.

Trump did not spend 5 decades creating the China problem. That was all the globalist faggots and Communist Democrats who hate him. Trump was the first one to actually started doing something about it.

My favorite part of Chinese diplomacy was when they wouldn't let Obama off of his plane. Treated him like a complete bitch... And got away with it, because that is what he is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:10:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#4]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

Some of us put what's good for the Constitution and rule of law before what's good for them personally. I understand that may seem like a strange concept to MTGA, where traits like duty and honor have been replaced with cult worship of an orange idol.

"He (Trump) was posturing to the nation that if people did something, they could change the result of the election."

"I think Trump is at fault here," and added that "there were a whole host of my colleagues who were just frankly terrified of the base that Trump had misled."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2022/09/22/heres-what-kentuckys-congressmen-have-said-about-jan-6-insurrection/69508738007/

"The text of the Constitution is clear. States select electors. Congress does not. Accordingly, our path forward is also clear. We must respect the states’ authority here. Though doing so may frustrate our immediate political objectives, we have sworn an oath to promote the Constitution above our policy goals. We must count the electoral votes submitted by the states."

https://massie.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=395317

Massie seems to have read the Constitution and have some respect for it. I'd have to review his policy positions, but so far I haven't found anything that would rule him out by default.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:04:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liquid77] [#5]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

How much did exporting industry to China cost the working class? I don't need a study to tell me that it's a lot more than $1,700 a year. At some point you are going to have to start getting your rubber dogshit from some other place.

Trump did not spend 5 decades creating the China problem. That was all the globalist faggots and Communist Democrats who hate him. Trump was the first one to actually started doing something about it.

My favorite part of Chinese diplomacy was when they wouldn't let Obama off of his plane. Treated him like a complete bitch... And got away with it, because that is what he is.
View All Quotes

You could have just said you don't understand how Tariffs work.

This is what Trump was saying during those years...

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" "I think she is going to go down at a minimum as a great senator. I think she is a great wife to a president." - DJT

While the Chicoms weren't letting Obama off the plane Trump was busy asking him for Cabinet picks.

Trump says he’s consulted Obama on Cabinet picks

“I have asked him what he would think of this one and that one,” Trump said. “I would say that, yes, I take his recommendations very seriously, and there are some people that I will be appointing, and in one case have appointed, where he thought very highly of that person, yes.” - DJT
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Liquid77:

You could have just said you don't understand how Tariffs work.

This is what Trump was saying during those years...

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" "I think she is going to go down at a minimum as a great senator. I think she is a great wife to a president." - DJT

While the Chicoms weren't letting Obama off the plane Trump was busy asking him for Cabinet picks.

Trump says he’s consulted Obama on Cabinet picks

View Quote

You just don’t understand real estate.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
keep pushing MSM propaganda, 'principled conservatives'.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By iveseenalittleontv:
the real reason for trump hate

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV817fvXMAAdi8g?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

The problem is Trump doesn’t want to get rid of thousands of government employees, he wants to replace thousands of career employees with political appointees loyal to him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

You and the Q guy have the same talking points. Almost word for word.
View Quote

It’s hilarious.  Hand him a wrench and he probably gets confused about which end to use
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#11]

View All Quotes

No, the “working class” is a real thing. I didn’t make it up. Imagine a class of people who can’t afford private school, don’t use “summer” as a verb, and live in towns that are affected by open border policies. There are people who are directly impacted by the party that wins the presidential election.

At some point, you'll need to stop trying to justify your arguments based on what you want to believe is true and tossing out non-sequiturs like you're Trump at a rally.

My statement concerned the efficacy of Trump's tariff proposals and how they would help or not help the middle class.

You claimed that Trump was the "first one" to do "something about it."

As is often the case, what he did made things worse, not better. Did it help the US economy to have products produced off-shore in Vietnam instead of China, or when common products saw price increases due to shortages of critical components?

"Semiconductors are perhaps the most telling example of product shortages during the pandemic. The scarcity of chips led automakers to reduce their output in 2021, impacting employment through furloughs in a politically and economically important sector. (In figure 4, panels b and c, data for semiconductors alone are in volume, as opposed to dollar value, terms.)

US imports of semiconductors from China remain 26 percent lower than before the imposition of 25 percent tariffs (panel b).  Though imports have increased recently, as late as June 2021, US import volumes from China remained more than 50 percent below pre-trade war levels. Prior to July 2018, China had 47 percent of the US import market in volume terms (panel c). This share fell immediately after the tariffs were imposed, reaching only 39 percent today. Yet, import volumes from the rest of the world have expanded only by 5 percent (see again panel b).

This problem became clear when just one missing chip kept the manufacturing of products ranging from cars to refrigerators to washing machines from being finished. In volume terms, lost imports of semiconductors from China were not being fully replaced from elsewhere."

https://www.piie.com/blogs/realtime-economics/four-years-trade-war-are-us-and-china-decoupling

China bought none of the extra $200 billion of US exports in Trump's trade deal

In the end, China bought only 58 percent of the US exports it had committed to purchase under the agreement, not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.[1] Put differently, China bought none of the additional $200 billion of exports Trump's deal had promised.

https://www.piie.com/blogs/realtime-economics/2022/china-bought-none-extra-200-billion-us-exports-trumps-trade-deal

"The evidence is clear—the Trump tariffs have failed and the costs on the U.S. economy continue to pile up. Examining all the comments submitted to the USTR for the Section 301 review confirms that harm caused by the tariffs is widespread, significant, and counterproductive to U.S. goals to discipline China’s behavior."

https://www.cfr.org/blog/cost-trumps-trade-war-china-still-adding

That's okay, you don't need facts or studies. Trump will tell you what you need to know, or you'll just make up something comforting to believe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

The problem is Trump doesn’t want to get rid of thousands of government employees, he wants to replace thousands of career employees with political appointees loyal to him.
View All Quotes

you're gonna have to back this up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

It’s hilarious.  Hand him a wrench and he probably gets confused about which end to use
View All Quotes

rest assured that i'm well versed in tool use, trump hater.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#14]

That’s the real problem with the cult.  They can’t imagine not  worshipping a politician.  Guess what….none of the resident N_T crew here worships anyone or anything with the exception of God.

You assume we worship  because you worship the Orange Messiah.  We just recognize he’s no messiah, just an anti-constitution populist with delusions of competence.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Techsan02:

Imagine being so ignorant you post commands on a message board that has zero ability to carry out said commands. Not surprising from someone that worships the likes of Romney, McCain, Biden and Harris b

That’s the real problem with the cult.  They can’t imagine not  worshipping a politician.  Guess what….none of the resident N_T crew here worships anyone or anything with the exception of God.

You assume we worship  because you worship the Orange Messiah.  We just recognize he’s no messiah, just an anti-constitution populist with delusions of competence.

All in for Kamala!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Imagine being so ignorant that you whinge about people who won't support a seditionist crybaby.

“We’re going to have to see what happens,” the president said, when asked whether he’d commit to a peaceful transfer of power, “win, lose, or draw.” “You know, I’ve been complaining about the ballots and the ballots are a disaster.”

“The Democrats are trying to rig this election because that’s the only way they’re going to win,” he said.

“The only way they can take this election away from us is if this is a rigged election,” Trump said.

“The only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged, remember that,” Trump said. “It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election. So we have to be careful.“

“The only way they’re going to win is that way, and we can’t let that happen.”

Asked directly by host Chris Wallace whether he would accept the results of the election, Trump said he’d “have to see” and “it depends.”

“I’m not going to just say yes,” Trump said. “I’m not going to say no.”

“Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results of the election?” Wallace asked in a follow up.

“No. I have to see,” Trump said.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Trump said, “We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election.”

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:

Imagine advocating for Traitor Trump, a man who put ego before all and pissed on the Constitution he swore to uphold, and then whining that others are oath breakers.
Imagine deliberately allowing Kamala to have one more vote over Trump by not voting for Trump.

Imagine standing there slack-jawed when enough people refuse to support the Orange Autocrat that someone like Harris is an inch from becoming President.

Next time, choose a candidate who hasn't tried to overthrow an election.

Imagine being so ignorant you post commands on a message board that has zero ability to carry out said commands. Not surprising from someone that worships the likes of Romney, McCain, Biden and Harris b

Imagine being so ignorant that you whinge about people who won't support a seditionist crybaby.

“We’re going to have to see what happens,” the president said, when asked whether he’d commit to a peaceful transfer of power, “win, lose, or draw.” “You know, I’ve been complaining about the ballots and the ballots are a disaster.”

“The Democrats are trying to rig this election because that’s the only way they’re going to win,” he said.

“The only way they can take this election away from us is if this is a rigged election,” Trump said.

“The only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged, remember that,” Trump said. “It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election. So we have to be careful.“

“The only way they’re going to win is that way, and we can’t let that happen.”

Asked directly by host Chris Wallace whether he would accept the results of the election, Trump said he’d “have to see” and “it depends.”

“I’m not going to just say yes,” Trump said. “I’m not going to say no.”

“Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results of the election?” Wallace asked in a follow up.

“No. I have to see,” Trump said.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Trump said, “We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election.”

All in for Kamala!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Even some Harris voters are not Harris voters. Give me a sane Republican who doesn't try to overthrow elections or actively support those who did, and I'll most likely vote for them instead.
View All Quotes

I know you are voting for Trump, but you shouldn’t get up in arms when people accuse you of voting for Kamela when you post stuff like this and corroborate people who stated they will vote for her.

Alternatively, people can use critical thought instead of jumping to “Kamala voter!”

I frankly don’t agree with his choice based solely on SCOTUS implications, but I understand his position.  Trying to flip an election is a pretty damn serious offense.

If people want to lump me in there with Harris voters because I posted a meme that is accurate as fuck…. Well…. That’s not my problem.

Even some Harris voters are not Harris voters. Give me a sane Republican who doesn't try to overthrow elections or actively support those who did, and I'll most likely vote for them instead.

Says the ardent Harris supporter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#17]

True genius?

lol, come on man. Donald Trump is many things, but genius isn’t one. Not even close. If he hadn’t inherited a couple hundred million from his dad, he’d be selling used cars in Hoboken.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#18]

More than that, they have Trump leading the way.

MTGA Bible, chapter 2:

One night Jesus dreamed He was walking along the beach with Donald Trump.
Many scenes from His life flashed across the sky.
In each scene, He noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one set of footprints.

This bothered Him because He noticed
that during the low periods of His life,
when He was suffering from
anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
He could see only one set of footprints.

So He said to Donald Trump,
"You promised Me, that if I followed you,
you would walk with Me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of My life
there has only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for Me?"

Trump replied,
"Look, Jesus, let me tell you something.
Those times when you only saw one set of footprints?
That was me. I was carrying you, okay?
Nobody carries better than I do. Believe me."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:
trump cult .... (trump stands with jesus)...

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61NBNgHeTjL.jpg

MTGA Bible, chapter 2:

there has only been one

Trump replied,

Enthusiastic voters of radical left wing DEI communists shouldn't talk down to others.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:54:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#19]

Enthusiastic voters of radical left wing DEI communists shouldn't talk down to others.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:
trump cult .... (trump stands with jesus)...

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61NBNgHeTjL.jpg

MTGA Bible, chapter 2:

there has only been one

Trump replied,

An enthusiastic liar concerning my positions seems really triggered this morning. Please take a few minutes to calm yourself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

True genius?

lol, come on man. Donald Trump is many things, but genius isn’t one. Not even close. If he hadn’t inherited a couple hundred million from his dad, he’d be selling used cars in Hoboken.
View All Quotes

True genius?

he's a uniter.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Tell me you at least read a summary of Project 2025?   Okay, I should be more accurate.  Trump’s P2025 team wants to reclassify, not reduce, senior federal employees.  Trump’s part is supporting the idea, because he knows what happens when employees are more loyal to the enduring organization than they are to the temporary boss.   Basically, turning the few thousand SES grade personnel into appointees who serve at the pleasure of the administration.  He’s not touching several hundred thousand GS employees.  He tried during his first term but Biden immediately reversed it.  

I know the unenlightened have a case of the ass about federal employees, but that’s why a form 4 took 8 months during the Trump admin and 8 days during Biden’s, or why a veteran gets his VA claim denied during the Trump admin and approved during Biden’s.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Tell me you at least read a summary of Project 2025?   Okay, I should be more accurate.  Trump’s P2025 team wants to reclassify, not reduce, senior federal employees.  Trump’s part is supporting the idea, because he knows what happens when employees are more loyal to the enduring organization than they are to the temporary boss.   Basically, turning the few thousand SES grade personnel into appointees who serve at the pleasure of the administration.  He’s not touching several hundred thousand GS employees.  He tried during his first term but Biden immediately reversed it.  

I know the unenlightened have a case of the ass about federal employees, but that’s why a form 4 took 8 months during the Trump admin and 8 days during Biden’s, or why a veteran gets his VA claim denied during the Trump admin and approved during Biden’s.
View All Quotes

FFS.  somebody else tell him.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:

Can't answer a simple fucking question.

You could take nearly ant poll presented in the news and it would have more validity than the bullshit you posted. So here is Fox New's recent poll that shows Trump ahead by 1 point which is in the standard deviation.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-new-matchup-same-result-trump-bests-harris-one-point

Now answer my question, should polls be conducted in a scientific fashion?
View All Quotes

i guess if you don't recognize elon musk's poll that's been posted here 170 times in the last day then getting you to understand the realities of the world is an exercise in futility.

go with what you know, trump hater.

https://media.tenor.com/aOmnfTv9evgAAAAM/tutter-bear.gif

Elon Musk’s audience is not a representative sample. Almost as bad as polling GD.  

Like I said, I don’t think that meme means what you think it means.

then you show me polling with a representative sample that refutes the percentages, with even a fraction of the size.  

Your ignorance of basic statistics is truly astounding.

No such poll exists because it is not feasible to do so scientifically.

How does a poll ensure that it is a representative sample of the United States?

so like an N_T you're mad about something that overwhelmingly gets the job done but not perfectly or in the manner you want it to get done.  an N_T or a crazy chick.

You didn't answer my question.

It does not "get the job done", and is critically flawed.  This is like claiming the Globetrotters are the best basketball team of all time based upon their win ratio.  

So, do you know how statistics work, and how to conduct a poll that approaches accuracy?

you should probably explain it to me before you start smacking yourself in the head and counting the toothpicks.

Any poll that is intending on being accurate must have three elements: 1.) have the participants be randomly selected, 2.) have the respondents be within the defined population you are intending on finding out information on, and 3.) have a sufficient number of participants.  The poll on Twitter does not meet the first two requirements, and is therefore going to be essentially useless in determining how the US electorate feels about the election.   The population is messed up since people not in the US electorate can respond to the Twitter poll, and the population is only people who are active on Twitter which is not indicative of the US electorate.  Not having random respondents is going to introduce a severe bias in who responds, and again will mean that the poll will not correlate to how the US electorate feels since these are only people who feel passionately enough to post their opinion in Twitter.

The poll you posted is a convenience poll, and in no way shape or form does it have any scientific merit, nor does it have any accuracy.  It's complete bullshit from a mathematical perspective.

prove

it

wrong

Holy shit.

Literally use any other poll, and it will show that what you cite is wrong.

Do you not agree that statistics should be done in a scientific fashion?

pick one that shows sound statistics and is done in a scientific fashion.

Answer the question.  Should statistics should be done in a scientific fashion?

are you saying that i'm a science denier?

Still avoiding the question. Should statistics be done in a scientific fashion?

yet again i ask for you to give an example of a good poll that you support.

you won't, trump haters have nothing to offer, they have no alternatives.    

the perfect tools of clown world.  

You could take nearly ant poll presented in the news and it would have more validity than the bullshit you posted. So here is Fox New's recent poll that shows Trump ahead by 1 point which is in the standard deviation.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-new-matchup-same-result-trump-bests-harris-one-point

@iveseenalittleontv

Still waiting for an answer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#24]

All in for Kamala!
View All Quotes

All in for Kamala!

More like “all in for Chase”, but thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#25]

FFS.  somebody else tell him.  
View Quote

So, you didn’t read a summary of the document :/
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]

he's a uniter.  

View Quote

When prominent party members, and countless members of his former administration (that he chose) have abandoned him, declaring his absolute unfitness for office, most people understand. Yes, I know in Trumplandia such a thing is viewed as a compliment and an attribute. But Trumplandia isn’t the real world.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#27]

A True Genius.

Thanks, @iveseenalittleontv  I needed a good laugh this morning. He is a genius at grifting and hoodwinking the gullible that is for sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#28]

rest assured that i'm well versed in tool use, trump hater.  
View Quote

But you're not well versed in reading, because my post had nothing do to with you
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#29]

@iveseenalittleontv

View All Quotes

i guess if you don't recognize elon musk's poll that's been posted here 170 times in the last day then getting you to understand the realities of the world is an exercise in futility.

Elon Musk’s audience is not a representative sample. Almost as bad as polling GD.  

then you show me polling with a representative sample that refutes the percentages, with even a fraction of the size.  

so like an N_T you're mad about something that overwhelmingly gets the job done but not perfectly or in the manner you want it to get done.  an N_T or a crazy chick.

It does not "get the job done", and is critically flawed.  This is like claiming the Globetrotters are the best basketball team of all time based upon their win ratio.  

So, do you know how statistics work, and how to conduct a poll that approaches accuracy?

you should probably explain it to me before you start smacking yourself in the head and counting the toothpicks.

Any poll that is intending on being accurate must have three elements: 1.) have the participants be randomly selected, 2.) have the respondents be within the defined population you are intending on finding out information on, and 3.) have a sufficient number of participants.  The poll on Twitter does not meet the first two requirements, and is therefore going to be essentially useless in determining how the US electorate feels about the election.   The population is messed up since people not in the US electorate can respond to the Twitter poll, and the population is only people who are active on Twitter which is not indicative of the US electorate.  Not having random respondents is going to introduce a severe bias in who responds, and again will mean that the poll will not correlate to how the US electorate feels since these are only people who feel passionately enough to post their opinion in Twitter.

The poll you posted is a convenience poll, and in no way shape or form does it have any scientific merit, nor does it have any accuracy.  It's complete bullshit from a mathematical perspective.

prove

it

wrong

Holy shit.

@iveseenalittleontv

here's the science that you're so scandalized i dare to question:

Source: Fox News Poll •
Conducted: August 9-12, 2024
Respective MoE: +/- 3%, 4.5%, 4.5%

Harris & Trump Supporters +/- 4% Pts.

Registered Voters +/- 3% Pts.

Methodology Notes:
Conducted under the joint direction of Beacon Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R), Fox News national surveys include interviews with a representative sample of approximately 1,200 registered voters who were randomly selected from a national registered voter list sourced from Aristotle. About 75% of completed interviews are with respondents on the telephone (roughly 15% on landlines and 85% cellphones) and the remainder are with respondents contacted by text message who then complete the survey online. The total sample has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points. When necessary, minor weights are used to ensure the demographics of survey respondents are representative of the national registered voter population. All sample frames are weighted together. Generally, weights are applied to age, race, education, and area variables. The Fox News poll is not weighted by party identification. (statement updated February 2024) For a more detailed methodology statement, click the last link on the right-hand side.

what weights?  sample frames?  how about the aristotle list, is it truly random or just 'random' as so many skewed polls have been proven to be in the past?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-methodology-statement-3

quite a lot of verbiage to cover 'approximately' 1200 voters.  

a simple search of the issues that Beacon Research and Shaw & Company Research have had in the past show that the science is not in fact settled.  Neither are any of the accuracy issues that fox themselves had and continue to have.

contrast that with a simple, voluntary poll conducted in a much shorter span - while Musk upfront admitted it was unscientific- that has over 6 million responses.  

your contention is that the establishment delivers more accurate results while an x poll delivers no results at all because it doesn't follow any of the same rules.

you ignore that a trivial sample size tightly controlled is next to meaningless, while insisting that a laughably huge sample size is completely meaningless because the only control on it is an internet connection and an X login.

you contend that i'm wrong because you're a trump hater and i'm not.  You follow the rules and i don't.

here's what you miss entirely-

science is about delivering a result, as it has been for decades.  because it's their job.  because they get paid to do it.  

each poll of 1,200 people cost tens or possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in total.  

musk's poll took the sunk costs of servers that are running anyway, plus a few minutes of his time.  

once you reduce the equation down far enough it always comes down to money if you're on one side.

the other side is the people.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:28:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thrasymachus] [#30]

Methodology Notes:
Conducted under the joint direction of Beacon Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R), Fox News national surveys include interviews with a representative sample of approximately 1,200 registered voters who were randomly selected from a national registered voter list sourced from Aristotle. About 75% of completed interviews are with respondents on the telephone (roughly 15% on landlines and 85% cellphones) and the remainder are with respondents contacted by text message who then complete the survey online. The total sample has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points. When necessary, minor weights are used to ensure the demographics of survey respondents are representative of the national registered voter population. All sample frames are weighted together. Generally, weights are applied to age, race, education, and area variables. The Fox News poll is not weighted by party identification. (statement updated February 2024) For a more detailed methodology statement, click the last link on the right-hand side.

what weights?  sample frames?  how about the aristotle list, is it truly random or just 'random' as so many skewed polls have been proven to be in the past?

a simple search of the issues that Beacon Research and Shaw & Company Research have had in the past show that the science is not in fact settled.  Neither are any of the accuracy issues that fox themselves had and continue to have.

contrast that with a simple, voluntary poll conducted in a much shorter span - while Musk upfront admitted it was unscientific- that has over 6 million responses.  

your contention is that the establishment delivers more accurate results while an x poll delivers no results at all because it doesn't follow any of the same rules.

you ignore that a trivial sample size tightly controlled is next to meaningless, while insisting that a laughably huge sample size is completely meaningless because the only control on it is an internet connection and an X login.

you contend that i'm wrong because you're a trump hater and i'm not.  You follow the rules and i don't.

science is about delivering a result, as it has been for decades.  because it's their job.  because they get paid to do it.  

each poll of 1,200 people cost tens or possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in total.  

musk's poll took the sunk costs of servers that are running anyway, plus a few minutes of his time.  

once you reduce the equation down far enough it always comes down to money if you're on one side.

View All Quotes

prove

it

wrong

Holy shit.

@iveseenalittleontv

Methodology Notes:

That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

You are wrong because you don't understand mathematics.

And you still didn't answer the question.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#31]

he's a uniter.  

View Quote

Good to see people standing up against Tyranny.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#32]

When prominent party members, and countless members of his former administration (that he chose) have abandoned him, declaring his absolute unfitness for office, most people understand. Yes, I know in Trumplandia such a thing is viewed as a compliment and an attribute. But Trumplandia isn’t the real world.
View All Quotes

he's a uniter.  

your 'real world' is 25% and shrinking.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You’re 100% paid to spread this crap
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Imagine listening to Trump speak off the cuff, and thinking to yourself, “now that right there is a smart man.”

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Just a shout out to fat guys who need bras and hate Trump.

Make it a great day, fellas!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Source?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:51:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#37]

View Quote

Sorry, not all of us went to private school
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#38]

At some point, you'll need to stop trying to justify your arguments based on what you want to believe is true and tossing out non-sequiturs like you're Trump at a rally.

My statement concerned the efficacy of Trump's tariff proposals and how they would help or not help the middle class.

As is often the case, what he did made things worse, not better. Did it help the US economy to have products produced off-shore in Vietnam instead of China, or when common products saw price increases due to shortages of critical components?

"Semiconductors are perhaps the most telling example of product shortages during the pandemic. The scarcity of chips led automakers to reduce their output in 2021, impacting employment through furloughs in a politically and economically important sector. (In figure 4, panels b and c, data for semiconductors alone are in volume, as opposed to dollar value, terms.)

US imports of semiconductors from China remain 26 percent lower than before the imposition of 25 percent tariffs (panel b).  Though imports have increased recently, as late as June 2021, US import volumes from China remained more than 50 percent below pre-trade war levels. Prior to July 2018, China had 47 percent of the US import market in volume terms (panel c). This share fell immediately after the tariffs were imposed, reaching only 39 percent today. Yet, import volumes from the rest of the world have expanded only by 5 percent (see again panel b).

This problem became clear when just one missing chip kept the manufacturing of products ranging from cars to refrigerators to washing machines from being finished. In volume terms, lost imports of semiconductors from China were not being fully replaced from elsewhere."

https://www.piie.com/blogs/realtime-economics/four-years-trade-war-are-us-and-china-decoupling

In the end, China bought only 58 percent of the US exports it had committed to purchase under the agreement, not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.[1] Put differently, China bought none of the additional $200 billion of exports Trump's deal had promised.

https://www.piie.com/blogs/realtime-economics/2022/china-bought-none-extra-200-billion-us-exports-trumps-trade-deal

"The evidence is clear—the Trump tariffs have failed and the costs on the U.S. economy continue to pile up. Examining all the comments submitted to the USTR for the Section 301 review confirms that harm caused by the tariffs is widespread, significant, and counterproductive to U.S. goals to discipline China’s behavior."

That's okay, you don't need facts or studies. Trump will tell you what you need to know, or you'll just make up something comforting to believe.
View All Quotes

You could just say that you love the taste of globalist cock and think that continuing to grow China's economy is going to turn out great for us in the long run.

Let's hear this master plan that anyone else has for getting us off of China slave labor with zero cost and pain.

No let's just pout about it and blame it all on Trump like a child.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Source?
View Quote

Read the Q guy's post earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Sorry, not all of us went to private school
View Quote

Clearly.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#41]

View Quote

Trump did not write Project 2025
Trump did not promote or endorse Project 2025.
Trump has nothing to do with Project 2025.

I made it big because clearly you have difficulties understanding.

It''s pure fantasy nonsense cooked up by retarded liberals. Why did you fall for it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Source?

It’s 93 pages. You can hardly expect me to find the same person you are thinking about.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't support him because he was an incompetent, patently dishonest big spending antigun grifter.  Now he's an incompetent, patently dishonest big spending antigun grifter with a hole in his ear.
View Quote

Ayup
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Methodology Notes:

View All Quotes

prove

it

wrong

Holy shit.

@iveseenalittleontv

Methodology Notes:

"you ignore that a trivial sample size tightly controlled is next to meaningless, while insisting that a laughably huge sample size is completely meaningless because the only control on it is an internet connection and an X login."

A "laughably huge sample size" is meaningless if the sampling isn't random and controlled. A "trivial sample size" tightly controlled is not meaningless or "next to" it. A small sample size for a large population is expected so long as the sampling is random and properly controlled. A Twitter poll is neither random nor controlled.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Angela Merkel has a PhD in quantum chemistry.

Your moron can’t even complete a coherent sentence.

But memes!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Methodology Notes:

View All Quotes

prove

it

wrong

Holy shit.

@iveseenalittleontv

Methodology Notes:

Why isn't Trump's own pollster touting the Twitter poll, and instead says the Harvard-Harris poll better captures Trump's actual numbers?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't believe we're debating the validity of a twitter poll. LMAO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
I can't believe we're debating the validity of a twitter poll. LMAO.
View Quote

The fact that he is denying sound math as somehow partisan is fucking hilarious.  Truly this guy will believe whatever he wants.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GeistACWM:

But memes!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GeistACWM:

But memes!!!

She's also a Communist retard who flooded her country with Syrian criminals. She did so many stupid things, I don't have the time or inclination to type them out.

Degrees do not equate to intelligence. She's a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Degrees do not equate to intelligence. She's a fucking idiot.
View Quote

Let me guess.  You think Trump is a brilliant businessman.
Page / 134
People not Voting for Trump (Page 93 of 134)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top