Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Or, folks could lose some fucking weight.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Being fat is bad. Being fat and poor is much worse. Being fat, poor, and forced to fly economy must be absolute misery.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a buddy who kinda looks like that but less fat and more muscle. He is a power lifter. He always buys two seats because his shoulders don't fit in one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Extorris:
A buddy of mine always buys two tickets because he knows he's not fitting in one seat.
View Quote

Simple problem, simple solution.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Fatties need to buy two seats or take the bus.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a Plus Size seats at the rear of the plane.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
If they buy two seats, can they remove the arm rest in the middle, or do they straddle the arm rest between the two paid seats?
View Quote
Middle arm rests fold up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 73RR:

They should make something like they have at check in for your bag. If it doesn't fit in the box you have to check it in.

If you can't fit in between the armrest guage at check in the you have to buy a second seat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I would have asked the pilot to confirm the weight and balance for the aircraft, I would have asked if they had enough trim authority for the out of CG condition that I think is happening.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#13]
We need smaller doors everywhere,
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sh768:
No airplane rides for fatties until they get down to a normal weight. They can stay in their houses and eat, that is where they are happiest anyway.
View Quote

They have the little size gages to make sure your carry on is not bigger than the required size, just put a reasonably sized gage on the door opening to the jetway.

Problem solved.

Ham-Planets like that don’t get more rights and accommodation than anyone else. Equal rights are fine, rights for disabilities are fine. Being a disgusting food blister who demands everyone defer to your lifestyle choices is not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Could they not have one or two double wide seats available for extra large people?
View Quote

They could. But then the airline would lose out on the revenue of another paying passenger.

I had to sit between 2 very large women on a flight from Nashville to Syracuse years ago. I was scrunched bad enough between them that I had to force my shoulders forward together enough to fit between them. The flight was fully booked. Couldn't ask for a different seat.
Felt like if there was a crash, I would be perfectly safe because of all the padding I had on either side.

Most miserable flight on a civilian aircraft ever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By torstin:
Is that a fat roll on his head?
View Quote

Back of his head looks like a pack of hotdogs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw this picture the other day (before it went viral) and the first thing out of my mouth was "should've bought two seats".

The damned seats are barely adequate for normal sized folks, much less these heifers.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Wider seats or paying for two seats is not sufficient for someone that size. He is so large, he can't possibly safely fit in the fore aft direction because there is a massive amount of flesh on both sides of the spine and legs and hips.

Furthermore, it is unethical to force someone else to be trapped in the same row. He would have to have an entire row and be positioned at the farthest point from the emergency exit to allow the other passengers the ability to evacuate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
That's just sad.

He should have to buy two seats.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks just like your typical Spirit flight attendant. Except for being white.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By rmrz:
How about a Plus Size seats at the rear of the plane.
View Quote
Maybe not the rear ...

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Passengers pay by pound and whether they fit through a size gauge...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
There should be a metal gauge that people need to fit in like they have for carry on luggage size to determine if they should buy 2 seats.
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Houstons_Problem:
Wider seats or paying for two seats is not sufficient for someone that size. He is so large, he can't possibly safely fit in the fore aft direction because there is a massive amount of flesh on both sides of the spine and legs and hips.

Furthermore, it is unethical to force someone else to be trapped in the same row. He would have to have an entire row and be positioned at the farthest point from the emergency exit to allow the other passengers the ability to evacuate.
View Quote

On a positive note, he probably has enough buoyancy to keep the airplane afloat if it were to make a water landing....
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:
Looks like a WI woman on vacation.
View Quote
Cracker, cheez...

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#26]
That’s what it’s like for a regular size person to sit in a seat at Frost Bank Center (formerly AT&T Center) in San Antonio (home of the Spurs)
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Palm:
Believe it or not, chairs have weight limits; and I bet passenger airline seats also have safe weight limits. I think that the seat weight limits should be enforced. Bring back the “Lizard Lounge” on passenger airlines.
View Quote

They're crash tested with a 170lb dummy in each seat.

Will the seat row fail in a crash if you have an extra 150lbs at one end? Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

There would be two seats in place of three assuming that is an adequate size/width.  Leave it in that configuration.  If no whale uses it, maybe someone in a wheel chair...or someone gets upgraded to that seat.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

OK but what about all the flights where you don’t have someone willing to pay for that seat because they’re not land whales. Now you’ve lost revenue where you could have three other seats for each one of those ridiculously oversize seats

You’d have to reconfigure That particular row every flight based upon the occasional obese person. Which means at each location you fly to you would have to have spare seats and different sizes

There would be two seats in place of three assuming that is an adequate size/width.  Leave it in that configuration.  If no whale uses it, maybe someone in a wheel chair...or someone gets upgraded to that seat.

You can get two seats in the space of three by folding an arm rest up. No special equipment needed and the number of seats isn't reduced. Just buy two seats.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:27:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott-S6] [#29]
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Pilot should kick him off for weight and balance considerations unless he buys to adjoining seats.  

And I haven’t flown commercial for a while.  Those seats are so thin.  No padding, just some fabric on a plastic frame.   They used to be like a 4” cushioned seat back.
View Quote

Seat backs are getting shorter as well. I used to be able to rest.my head on the seat backs, then I could do it on seats that had an adjustable headrest, now not even those.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

The spilling over in to the aisle is a safety hazard for emergency evacuations. That should not be allowed nor seated in the emergency exit rows.   Put them up in first class where the seat is adequate or two seats.  They should pay their way for the extra room.

That or put covid plexiglas dividers between the seat so I don’t have to deal with spillover lard.  Having a large person squashed upon you is hot and sweaty and unfair.
View Quote

And it’s fucking disgusting too
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]
How does two seats solve anything? Can't buckle across two seats and the arm rest in the middle of the back would definitely suck. I'm really tall and the last time I flew they switched planes and ducked me out of the exit row seat I paid extra for.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Buy 2 tickets you fat fuck!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:
The airlines did this to themselves. You can’t have a business model that revolves around selling more room at a premium and not charge the big uns more money.  most fair way would be a weight and measurement scan for everyone. I pay the same for my 2 year olds seat as I pay for my own.
View Quote

They should have an’80s phone booth sized device. If you can’t walk through it you can’t board.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#35]
No way he could meet safety regulations to buckle up. He should have taken a train.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Could they not have one or two double wide seats available for extra large people?
View Quote

This is a great idea actually. A three seat row with two seats for a commensurate upcharge. Some normal people would opt for it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#37]
That's too big, if you can't fucking fit, you don't fit... would they put that guy in the pilots seat?

Maybe they need a couplea love seat size single occupancy "seats" for huge people to be safe and everyone else to be comfortable and charge accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#38]
If they buy two seats, do they get 2x the snacks and meals, for both seats?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Scott-S6:

Will the seat row fail in a crash if you have an extra 150lbs at one end? Maybe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scott-S6:
Originally Posted By Palm:
Believe it or not, chairs have weight limits; and I bet passenger airline seats also have safe weight limits. I think that the seat weight limits should be enforced. Bring back the “Lizard Lounge” on passenger airlines.

More like an extra 300.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Dr. Phil and Bill Burr discuss the obesity issue | Dr. Phil LIVE! comedy clip
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I want to know how the FAA can even deem them being one the aircraft safe.

People burn alive from people grabbing belongs during fire evactuations, imagine being stuck behind the guy who doesn't fit down the isle as the jet fuel burns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I sometimes wonder what a flight would cost if the entire plane were "first class" accommodation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I make fun of assholes and bad people, no problem.

While I doubt he's a member here but i can't imagine reading online anywhere about yourself and it being this stuff that some here have posted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:51:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chmodx] [#44]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sixnine:
How does two seats solve anything? Can't buckle across two seats and the arm rest in the middle of the back would definitely suck. I'm really tall and the last time I flew they switched planes and ducked me out of the exit row seat I paid extra for.
View Quote

They have seat belt extensions, and you just flip the armrest.  Being that fat, they probably won't even feel the armrest pivot.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sh768:
No airplane rides for fatties until they get down to a normal weight. They can stay in their houses and eat, that is where they are happiest anyway.
View Quote

Or, ride Amtrak.  They have large seats.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I sometimes wonder what a flight would cost if the entire plane were "first class" accommodation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

why should the airlines cater to lard-assed fat fucks, with no self control at the dinner plate? maybe they should just fly via air cargo. do you want to sit next to some stinking, sweaty ham-beast after spending your hard earned cash on a seat? as mentioned above, your body should fit in a template, same as your luggage, or it gets stowed in the cargo hold. where's fattie going anyways, a deep-fried butter convention?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:
If they buy two seats, do they get 2x the snacks and meals, for both seats?
View Quote

They should

Should also get double free checked bags and carry ons.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
View Quote

What did flight's cost in the 30's?  Or the 60's?

I don't think first class existed until the early 70's.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top