Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It really would be fun to bring a few of them over, take a week off of work and do some redneck shit.

They need some beat up pickups mudboggin, natty lites.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do I get to the rest of the 228 photos? Anyone?

These are awesome! Made my day lol.
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/4thofJulyLarp?mibextid=LQQJ4d

@konger
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The white trash of Europe mocking American white trash? I'll allow it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's some more links from the guys putting it on.  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14b4ruFOwlSaa-F5yrs7KMywKnzljxxfeqOSgMQGBUKw/edit

https://larpventure.com/4th-of-july

About the larp
SETTING: Pristine Park, Ohio, 2019

GENRE: drama, slice of life

ESTHETICS: flashy American retro

LANGUAGE: English

DATES: Sep 15-17 2023, Sep 22-24 2023, Sep 29 - Oct 1 2023

PLAYERS' NUMBER: 67 (40 female and 27 male characters)

PLAYERS' AGE: 18+ (considered legal adults in the light of Polish law)

PRICE: Larp price: 56 base tickets: 375 EUR / 5 sponsor tickets: 475 EUR / 5 subsidised tickets: 275 EUR / 1 special discount ticket: 1 EUR (we will organise a contest on social media with a possibility to get a single ticket with a special discount)

The ticket price includes
renting the “Ilki” resort exclusively for the game
in-game accommodation in conditions depending on the role played (some beds will be double and will accommodate two people - these characters will be marked in their description)
character sheet
game documentation
scenography and necessary props
salary for all the creators of the game and our Crew; we believe that every person involved in such a big project deserves a compensation for their hard work
View Quote

67 people.  No kids allowed.  That explains where there's not a bunch of barefoot kids in diapers running around.
I think they should at least have the kids toys all over the yards.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The white trash of Europe mocking American white trash? I'll allow it.
View Quote
Poles aren't Balkan. @DK-Prof said so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL.  I'm impressed.  Very impressed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@konger

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's pretty funny actually.  It just needs an Ohio flag, some plastic pink flamingos, and a sign out front with a name like "Parma Estates".
View Quote
NE Ohio confirmed
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
They need some folks driving around in riding lawn mowers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#10]
They need to find trailer park near a railroad track. Keeping it real.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@konger

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203250/larp_PNG-2737285.png

Does anyone know what they had?  Airsoft maybe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I had to look up LARP.  What a hoot to pretend to be trailer trash.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Someone needs to break it to them Ohio is where we get our astronauts.
View Quote
The irony is that there is a shitload of Polish heritage people in OH and MI.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She looks like the former gymnast McKayla Maroney in the face.
View Quote

Face???

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Reminds me of the Married With Children episode when Marcy and Jefferson dressed up like Peggy and AL.

To capture the real Trailer Park Mystique it needs more IROC Camaros and cinder blocks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When I get really tired of the anti black threads I read a trailer or polish thread to remind me.

It's not that we have a bunch of racists, we hate everybody
View Quote

And, of course, we all have cousins.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Does anyone know what they had?  Airsoft maybe?
View Quote

They looked real. Had a couple of guys helping folks. One guy had an AK that looked like the real thing. What are the gun laws like over there?

ETA:  

Self-defense reason, while allowed, requires a proof of threat to life, health or property and is rarely allowed. Antique firearms or their replicas and some air guns are available without a permit. With approximately 2.5 civilian firearms per 100 people, Poland is the 166th most armed country in the world.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I get really tired of the anti black threads I read a trailer or polish thread to remind me.

It's not that we have a bunch of racists, we hate everybody
View Quote

Try an Arfcom anti-NY thread. It's like a urinal in the men's room.

It's where all the dicks hang out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The real test of their authenticity will be in how they make chili.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The real test of their authenticity will be in how they make chili.

Quoted:
Beets or no beets?  

Poles ain't no commies.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck Poland ! Don’t ask for our help the next time someone invades your shithole country.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Better than Skyline Chili!
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For many trailer parks, this look would be an improvement.  ...and it's been a while since I saw a trailer trash woman who looked this good:

https://video-images.vice.com/_uncategorized/1655291106965-2843689021719680352383043262486393331029163n.jpeg?resize=800:*
View Quote

I'll take her in for personal lessons to improve her LARPing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#24]

low info blockheads that really have zero clue as to what America really is or is like to live in...so they rely on media to lie to them
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#25]
They couldn't find at least ONE rusted out car?  No tires as part of lawn decorations? (I inherited tractor tire lawn planters from a previous resident once).

I think its hilarious that a mild depiction of an Ohio trailer park was an adult-only event.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck Poland ! Don’t ask for our help the next time someone invades your shithole country.
View Quote

Calm down lol

Would be a neat vacation to take and participate
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck Poland ! Don't ask for our help the next time someone invades your shithole country.
View Quote

What other countries are told is "American"

Faux Americana is a thing in Europe and Japan. Don't be pissed about it. Enjoy it.... we have such a cultural outreach that they lampoon us for fun. You don't see shitty places being lampooned. Last I checked, there aren't folks LARPing what it is like to be in Haiti or someone hosting a "Democratic Republic of the Congo Party."
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Poles love America.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The irony is that there is a shitload of Polish heritage people in OH and MI.
View Quote

Yeah I was gonna ask that - my impression was that ohio had a ton of polish immigrants back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Isn't the eastern European male like the original redneck?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#31]
they aint foolin anyone.
They are too skinny.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Ohio is amazing. I don’t blame them for aspiring to excellence.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xgd79wuriQ

Faux Americana is a thing in Europe and Japan. Don't be pissed about it. Enjoy it.... we have such a cultural outreach that they lampoon us for fun. You don't see shitty places being lampooned. Last I checked, there aren't folks LARPing what it is like to be in Haiti or someone hosting a "Democratic Republic of the Congo Party."
View Quote

I work with a bunch of folks in different european countries.  They like to send me pictures of the "american food" section of their grocery stores.

They do at least get the name brand stuff.  But its just a hodgepodge of random crap you'd find in the US.
There was one dude who said his favorite part about coming to the US was the ranch dressing.  They just dont get it where he's from.   One of my guys in norway confirmed that he can get ken's brand ranch dressing which is what we have here, but its like 4x the cost.

Another thing they like from here is our creative insults.  I guess the culture here is more creative when shitting on somebody else, as can be witnessed by scrolling through GD.

Somehow the red solo cup have become instantly recognizable US stereotypes.  Even though they aren't that insanely popular here.  They are used in a lot of movies and TV to show generic "this is alcohol" drinks while not having to pay any royalties to any specific brand.  So oversees, they will have american themed parties, where having the red solo cups is a very top requirement.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Southern Ohio or Northern Ohio? It matters.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Here's some more links from the guys putting it on.  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14b4ruFOwlSaa-F5yrs7KMywKnzljxxfeqOSgMQGBUKw/edit

https://larpventure.com/4th-of-july

67 people.  No kids allowed.  That explains where there's not a bunch of barefoot kids in diapers running around.
I think they should at least have the kids toys all over the yards.
View Quote

Needs some empty Dollar General plastic bags blowing around, and a lot crushed empty Natural Lite cans laying around
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They need to find trailer park near a railroad track. Keeping it real.
View Quote

It needs to be in the Fema floddplain.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#39]
The Poles obviously are not up to date on rednecking.

I didn't see no pickup trucks in the pictures. No pickup trucks mean there are no trucks with tarps in the back, filled with water for hot days. They need to have at least one redneck swimming pool!
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I work with a bunch of folks in different european countries.  They like to send me pictures of the "american food" section of their grocery stores.

They do at least get the name brand stuff.  But its just a hodgepodge of random crap you'd find in the US.
There was one dude who said his favorite part about coming to the US was the ranch dressing.  They just dont get it where he's from.   One of my guys in norway confirmed that he can get ken's brand ranch dressing which is what we have here, but its like 4x the cost.

Another thing they like from here is our creative insults.  I guess the culture here is more creative when shitting on somebody else, as can be witnessed by scrolling through GD.

Somehow the red solo cup have become instantly recognizable US stereotypes.  Even though they aren't that insanely popular here.  They are used in a lot of movies and TV to show generic "this is alcohol" drinks while not having to pay any royalties to any specific brand.  So oversees, they will have american themed parties, where having the red solo cups is a very top requirement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our creative ways of insulting people is because we're the crossroads of immigration. So many people came here from elsewhere, that we mixed the best insults and made 'em better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@konger

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#42]
When I was in Krakow in 2018, there was a food truck festival at an upscale shopping mall and a lot of poles were dressed in pinup/rockabilly and were dancing to the American music being played. Poles love America and love dressing up and dressing well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Poland ! Don't ask for our help the next time someone invades your shithole country.

Good point about shitty places not being emulated or lampooned.

One point about the video though; fried chicken is most definitely served alongside ham for Christmas dinner throughout the south. I wouldn’t expect the Canadian sounding YouTube guy to know that however.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I mean, stereotypes exist for a reason. ?????
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck Germany, a real shit hole country?
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm damn near 57, and I can't remember a kegger that didn't have red Solo cups.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
rank amateurs..when they reach the level of sunnyvale let me know..

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif
View Quote

Who is the guy in Canada who jumps lawnmowers?
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#49]
I just realized why they're LARPing American trailer parks. It is because they have Communist era apartment blocks.

To them, American trailer parks look good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Cool.

Now do Murderapolis and lil'Mogadishu
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top