Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2024 11:57:58 PM EDT
I have a new (3 month old) counter top icemaker that has been great. Went away for a week and unplugged and cleaned it.  Came home last night,  plugged it in and now I'm just getting the ice full light and no compressor.
Obviously pissed and don't want to toss it. I've tried everything but taking it apart and fucking with the inerds.
Just toss it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there an internal lever that is stuck in the up position?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]
No. It will go through the normal 15 second cycle and fill, then it will dump the water and the ice full light comes on. The fan will run,  but the compressor won't.
It doesn't have a reset button that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
At least unplug it again and wait 10 minutes to plug it back in and retry. After doing that 2 or 3 times and no self fix, toss it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah.
By playing with the buttons,  I am able to get the compressor to run about 10 minutes.  Then it craps out again and I have to unplug it and try again.  It made about half a load.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you return it? Most things bought with credit card include 30 day at least.

The company replaced our broken one 3 years out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chinook3] [#6]
They told me to send it to California on my dime and they would determine if it was under warranty.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I just emailed them.  Says 1 year limited warranty. We'll see. From everything I've read, they are all the same tech,  even though prices vary.  This one was about $100. I see others for less. J guess it's a disposable item for most people.
We live with a mini fridge,  so this is the only means for us to get ice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Try cleaning the little IR level sensors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top