Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2020 6:31:07 PM EDT
How many of these first-time gun buyers will attempt to return their panic-bought guns once this COVID thing blows over?

My most recent purchase. I just received the light mount this week.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.   I'll buy it from you once this blows over for $87
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I sure many gun shops will buy them back as a "used" firearm at the used price.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
there will be alot of used guns to scoop up.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that the Surefire light mount?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck that. I'll post them in the EE at panic prices.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
We had a bunch try after Sandy Hook . So sure this will be no different
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks familiar

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

And people will SCREECH like the people that can't return the TP and hand sanitizer they hoarded at COSTCO.

I will laugh my ass off.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
R-tard at my work sent his wife to buy $300 of ammo thinking they will just return it after all this blows over.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haha. This is one of my grail guns; there's no way I'll ever sell it. I found it at my LGS before the virus was prevalent in the US.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that the Surefire light mount?
View Quote
No. Another forum (dedicated to HK) has infrequent group buys where one of their members custom mills & anodizes these low-pro mounts in small batches. I was able to buy a spare from one of the other members since I missed the last batch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Haha. This is one of my grail guns; there's no way I'll ever sell it. I found it at my LGS before the virus was prevalent in the US.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm... I had a conversation about just this 'grail gun' with a co-worker just a couple weeks back.

Coincidence?

m
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup.

And people will SCREECH like the people that can't return the TP and hand sanitizer they hoarded at COSTCO.

I will laugh my ass off.
View Quote

My local guy and I were just talking about this yesterday..... 40¢ on the dollar
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I predict an bloated glut of used never fired guns on the market in a few months.  Going to be an expensive summer...  
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hmmm... I had a conversation about just this 'grail gun' with a co-worker just a couple weeks back.

Coincidence?

m
View Quote
Is your co-worker a skinny Asian dude?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Was at my LGS today - he said that is all the talk on between online between gun store owners.  I joked, it’s not a return, but I am sure they will offer to buy them back if the price is right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coincidence?

m
Nope. Who knew *two* persons in MN have a *huge* HK pistol as a grail gun...?

m
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a sexy pistol!
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of them are probably still within their state's 10 day waiting period.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#21]
OP does that Mk23 come with a tripod? That's  looks heavy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Oohhhhh... nice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Was at my LGS today - he said that is all the talk on between online between gun store owners.  I joked, it's not a return, but I am sure they will offer to buy them back if the price is right.
View Quote

It makes me wonder what that situation will be unless there is a "no returns" policy already in place. TBH, I don't know how gun returns work. I've never done it, nor do I plan to.

But I do look forward to a possible glut of never-fired used guns on the market!
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will give you $187.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No. Another forum (dedicated to HK) has infrequent group buys where one of their members custom mills & anodizes these low-pro mounts in small batches. I was able to buy a spare from one of the other members since I missed the last batch.
View Quote

Got banned their on my second post because I was supposedly bashing another brand and "soliciting" sales. Even though I clearly was not. I'll post the messages and the thread. Told the mod to go ahead and ban me because I dont want to be a member on a forum with an illiterate fuck as a mod.  Well maybe not those exact words. I got in on that group buy though before it happened, but the premium membership is $25 Ill never get back.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It makes me wonder what that situation will be unless there is a "no returns" policy already in place. TBH, I don't know how gun returns work. I've never done it, nor do I plan to.

But I do look forward to a possible glut of never-fired used guns on the market!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was at my LGS today - he said that is all the talk on between online between gun store owners.  I joked, it's not a return, but I am sure they will offer to buy them back if the price is right.

For the most part, gun sales are final. I worked at one of the larger LGSs in the area (MN - WI), and that was the case. There were exceptions, but those exceptions were generally due to the buyer being a serial repeat customer. Occasionally, we'd take one back with a huge restocking fee. Once a gun is transferred, it's 'used' and loses value.

m
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
All my LGS have the "all sales final" signs.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I look forward to $400 Gen5 Glocks in pawn shops.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I doubt it. They'll get stuck in nightstands and in closets, loaded and otherwise unsecured, and later forgotten... hopefully not to be found years later by a child who never received 10 seconds of gun safety instruction.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I look forward to $400 Gen5 Glocks in pawn shops.
View Quote

In pawn shops they will be $700.

Most of the pawn shops here list used .40 Glocks for $600, but will come down to $580.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m also looking forward to a case full of never used “used” guns when people get over the panic. It would be a nice opportunity to pick up a few glocks in different calibers I’ve been wanting. I’ll have to call my lgs in a week or two when things hopefully slow down a bit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Almost every FFL I have ever dealt with has a "All Sales Are Final" policy.  Of course, I have never TRIED to return a firearm, so there's that.  My experience is that whomever buys it is likely to hold on to it until they pass/go into an assisted living facility/ move in with family, at which point it may be sold; more often, it is given as a heirloom to the "gun guy/gal" of the family and finally gets to be cleaned, loved and regularly shot 2 or 3 generations after purchase.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup.

I will laugh my ass off.
View Quote
I am really hoping stores do not take back what people are hording local grocery store had to today. 10 dollars for 4 rolls. Might buy a few guns after. Looking for a new CCW gun for someone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Had a guy called me today trying to return a firearm. He stated that the clerk grab the wrong one off the shelf. Before we sell a gun you sign a form with the make manufacture caliber serial number barrel length and whether or not has a manual safety or not. All sales are final
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Me and u can go be poor somewhere else ( I have a USPT in .45)

Canf/wont afford a MK23 yet....unless I sling some PSAs for 1k a pop
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How many of these first-time gun buyers will attempt to return their panic-bought guns once this COVID thing blows over?

My most recent purchase. I just received the light mount this week.

https://i.postimg.cc/yxhtqJkw/101-C9-A40-A54-B-4-EF4-913-C-47592774-D9-C7.jpg

View Quote
... Sweet, ass
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I doubt it. They'll get stuck in nightstands and in closets, loaded and otherwise unsecured, and later forgotten... hopefully not to be found years later by a child who never received 10 seconds of gun safety instruction.
View Quote

Damn right, buddy owns a little bait, tackle, gun shop in SE Wi.
Wife went in today to say hi, and the line of "one offs" was out the door.
By one offs I mean that never come in there and will never be back.( hood rat, gangsta, white trash, cholos)

People who have no firearm education, exept for Hollywood
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tight ass cheapskate.

I’ll pay $187.87
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought the same after the last big panic.

I never saw a deluge of cheap guns. They may have trickled onto the market, but no wave.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I predict an bloated glut of used never fired guns on the market in a few months.  Going to be an expensive summer...  
View Quote

Plus ammo prices will plummet with no demand.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#42]
One box of 7mm-08 and some CLP today, I’m crazy like that
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Guns ,ATVs , hot rods , jeeps , PWCs , UTVs , etc

Suspect gonna be a lot of hobby type stuff for sale cheap this summer
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Guns ,ATVs , hot rods , jeeps , PWCs , UTVs , etc

Suspect gonna be a lot of hobby type stuff for sale cheap this summer
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I never saw a deluge of cheap guns. They may have trickled onto the market, but no wave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a different demographic this time around though a lot of non-gun people, first time buyers and such. These people didn't see a need to defend themselves before, and I suspect many will go back to their old ways of thinking shortly after the immediate perceived threat is gone. As some have mentioned earlier, maybe they will just stash them away in the back of their closets to be forgotten about. Or they'll line up at the gun buy backs to get their $50 Amazon gift card lol.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Never seen a gunshop take back a gun, as a "new" gun...  Even if it is.

Hopefully, I can buy some new guns, at used prices.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

LGS has already posted this policy.  Overtly stating used price is probably 30-40% of new price.  Not taking back ammo at all (that's a long-standing policy.)
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP does that Mk23 come with a tripod? That's  looks heavy.
View Quote

All the MARK 23 haters with their "crew served weapon" comments...

This gun isn't that heavy. It's comparable to a 5.5" 1911.

And no, as evidenced below, a tripod obviously wouldn't fit on this gun, don't be ridiculous.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#49]
That 20% restocking fee is gonna hurt some feels
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#50]
The California panic buyers won’t even get them until the panic is over. #10weekwaitingperiod.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top