Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2024 8:39:59 PM EDT
Does anyone one here have one? Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You haven't built your LACK enclosure yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, I wouldn't recommend it.

If you need to take the printer out, you need to get tools to detach the wiring from the controls.  The QD wiring option is for the MK3, not the MK4.

It is covered with holes, so you might want to print a bunch of plugs to print the holes.
It is pricy for what you get.  If you are just printing PLA, it can get too hot in the enclosure for it.

If I were to do it again, I'd just build a custom enclosure.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
You haven't built your LACK enclosure yet?
View Quote

I finished it and it has a printer living inside it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and like it. I have my mk3.9 in it with the qd wiring harness. Only complaint I have is having to unplug the screen cable and ground when I take it out of the enclosure. I put electrical tape on it to seal all the holes and have the air filter and led kit on it too. The hinged lid is nice in my opinion, but my neighbor hated it and went to the fixed lid on his mk4. Not cheap, but the lack enclosure I built fell apart and I didn't feel like making another.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a MK4 and the enclosure for work.  It's good for what it does.  Close the doors for ABS and leave the doors open for everything else.  

At home I had some 80/20 stuff and built one out of that with plexiglass.  Free stuff.  Anyway, no way I would buy one unless I just had the cash to burn.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Switchwire is what you are looking for.

$650 SW > $850 MK4s

Prusa was never meant to be enclosed. Petg is not happy at high temps. ABS parts are available, though.

Use it for what it is instead of what it is not.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

$650 SW > $850 MK4s

Prusa was never meant to be enclosed. Petg is not happy at high temps. ABS parts are available, though.

View Quote

I had a Switchwire LDO kit. I got rid of it. There is a V2.4-350 under my desk. It’s a total non working pos. Not even the support guys on the Voron discord could get it working.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Yes, but I believe you are uniquely qualified to break 3D printers
View Quote

My old man has this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

$650 SW > $850 MK4s

View Quote

PETG is fine with enclosures. I print in an enclosure 100% of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top