[#1]
how did that work out last time?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time is only relevant for comparison. It will be 20x worse this time. They’re barley hanging on in Ukraine and they can’t fight another war.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Poorly.  Even back in 1939 Finland had bullets that could penetrate Russian vodka.
Now, with advanced Finnish technology, Russia doesn't stand a chance.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
lol. The Russians will be showing up with the same kit they had last time…

Plus, the whole Article 5 issue…
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Last time is only relevant for comparison. It will be 20x worse this time. They’re barley hanging on in Ukraine and they can’t fight another war.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe...but they are also turning their ecconomy to war footing.
My best buddy is a LT over an American armored platoon. He straight up tells me that he has almost zero anti drone capability and training.

I do believe this..The Bible points to Russia and friends mobilizing against Israel in the future for a battle on the plains of Armageddon where they meet their final defeat.
My guess between now and then Russia is going to surprise alot of people.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, they opted into NATO, back in April, and he's just now commenting on it?  HMMM, so he's falling apart in the Ukraine, yet he has an army to put at the border of Finland?

Lip smackin' is all that is.

NOW,m the 1000 migrants pouring in might be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Finland lost the Karelia?

It wasn't exactly a decisive win for Finland, more that the USSR had to focus on Germany and the Finns were enough of a pain in the ass for them to give up, but not until after taking a huge chunk of their territory which they never regained eve  after the fall of the USSR
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't that end up being a mistake last time?

Be more credible if they wanted to jump on Afghanistan again
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
hasn't putin seen the SISU documentary?

goddamn.

SISU - Official Trailer - Only In Cinemas Now

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Threaten all you want, asshole.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It wasn't exactly a decisive win for Finland, more that the USSR had to focus on Germany and the Finns were enough of a pain in the ass for them to give up, but not until after taking a huge chunk of their territory which they never regained eve  after the fall of the USSR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They got their fucking ass handed to them in the winter war. The Fins had not finished burying them before the continuation war (and Germany) started leaving bodies everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Are they going to beach more subs?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Really

He Is threatening Finland

Can you imagine the look on the orcs faces when they find out they're going to finlands border

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I've worked with Finnish and Swedish defence and special forces. They have some pretty impressive capabilities for the size of their countries. But that's the rub, they know every nook and cranny and they know russia's capabilities. Their C4ISR capabilities are really impressive.

Also i'd like pooty poot to FAFO so I could get some great deals on russian battlefield pickup surplus from Varusteleka.
https://www.varusteleka.com/en
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USSR didn't have to focus on Germany during the Winter War, but they sure showed how vulnerable they were.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Also i'd like pooty poot to FAFO so I could get some great deals on russian battlefield pickup surplus from Varusteleka.
https://www.varusteleka.com/en
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol, fuck Putin.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't wait until he does invade and we find out that Finland is actually filled with homosexual grifters with biolabs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

About 200,000 casualties last time I checked.

Apparently, couldn't ski worth a damn either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll bet this guy has some descendants that would do their best to make him proud.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Doom! War! Doom!

All of this is a psyop.

Go outside and breathe fresh air.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think Russia is in a position to get into it with Finland while tired down in Ukraine. Finland plus NATO? No way, unless it's part of something bigger than Russia.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Dragged? You mean got down on their knees and begged.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Guessing reaction to Finland closing their border ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Ah, Putin's insane plan finally makes sense.

In 1939, Stalin sent in a bunch of ill equipped conscripts from Ukraine.

But in 2023, Putin first has to invade and conquer Ukraine to get a new conscript army to invade Finland with... but that first part of the plan is not going so well for Putin.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#28]
He is importing drones from Iran and shitty ammo from N Korea.  Short of nukes he has little to use.  Both the Russians and the ukes are a pair of punch drunk rope-a-dopes.  We should cut off further funding and force both sides to compromised at the peace conference table.  China is the far greater threat and we need a russia able to defend itself as it shares a large and long contentious border.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#29]
He should focus on the war that he is struggling with.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve worked with NORSOF.  I’m willing to bet FINNSOF is equally competent.

If USSR did invade FINLAND, I would volunteer my services.

Yes, I know it’s RUSSIA, but it will always be the USSR/commies to me!

18Z50…..had Finnish last name.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd be in favor of US boots on the ground in that one, gotta protect Tikka and Sako, not to mention the good people of Finland.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My best buddy is a LT over an American armored platoon. He straight up tells me that he has almost zero anti drone capability and training.

I do believe this..The Bible points to Russia and friends mobilizing against Israel in the future for a battle on the plains of Armageddon where they meet their final defeat.
View Quote

IIRC
America isn't even mentioned in Bible prophecy
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd be in favor of US boots on the ground in that one, gotta protect Tikka and Sako, not to mention the good people of Finland.
View Quote

As Finland applies for NATO membership, Finnish women sign up for military training | WION

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Really

He Is threatening Finland

Can you imagine the look on the orcs faces when they find out they're going to finlands border

https://media2.giphy.com/media/CMl3MQrG0kPbpUaB9Q/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9526d9uv8f9xqb1p3v3nhq6j78xaj177ml2ttn8obtw&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
View Quote

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (2/10) Movie CLIP - Student Driver (1988) HD
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
The last time Finland had to give land to the USSR.

Finland and Norway have cut defensive spending for awhile .
They have started to spend again but are way behind.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Yea go for it!
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can't wait until he does invade and we find out that Finland is actually filled with homosexual grifters with biolabs.
View Quote
I cant wait to see ARFCOMers claim he's right to invade Finland.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

what are modern gun laws in Finland like?

and didn't Finland lose land last time?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#42]
LOL

I want to see replies from the “Stop Sending Money to Ukraine, Send It To Iran/Hamas/Illegals Instead” guys…

Russia won’t stop at Ukraine unless you stop them in Ukraine.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Half of GD will side with Poodding and give us a "Fvck those Huckleberry Fins"
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Did I make it in before the Putinbots?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More of a China thing
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He is importing drones from Iran and shitty ammo from N Korea.  Short of nukes he has little to use.  Both the Russians and the ukes are a pair of punch drunk rope-a-dopes.  We should cut off further funding and force both sides to compromised at the peace conference table.  China is the far greater threat and we need a russia able to defend itself as it shares a large and long contentious border.
View Quote

Putin isn't going to negotiate with Ukraine and when he has everything there, guess where the new Russian army draftees are coming from???

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Xi Xinping won't allow Putin to do anything like that.

Russia is 100% China's bitch now.

Xi gave Putin a good talking to back in August. No more threatening nukes, no military aid from China, no other invasions. Finish up in Ukraine quickly.

This whole invasion has cost China dearly. It massively sped up the manufacturing decline that Trump started, and has exacerbated their debt crisis.

Xi can't afford for his vassal to drag him into another conflict.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Half of GD will side with Poodding and give us a "Fvck those Huckleberry Fins"
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Putin isn't going to negotiate with Ukraine and when he has everything there, guess where the new Russian army draftees are coming from???

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The half of GD that still watches Fox News?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#50]
“A large group of Russian soldiers in the border area in 1939 are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a small hill: "One Finnish soldier is better than ten Russian".

The Russian commander quickly orders 10 of his best men over the hill where Upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence. The voice once again calls out: "One Finn is better than one hundred Russian."

Furious, the Russian commander sends his next best 100 troops over the hill and instantly a huge gun fight commences. After 10 minutes of battle, again Silence. The calm Finnish voice calls out again: "One Finn is better than one thousand Russians!"

The enraged Russian commander musters 1000 fighters and sends them to the other side of the hill. Rifle fire, machine guns, grenades, rockets and cannon fire ring out as a terrible battle is fought...

Then silence.

Eventually one badly wounded Russian fighter crawls back over the hill and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men...it's a trap. There's two of them."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top