Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

REST IN PEACE (Page 168 of 208)

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page
12/7/2013 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Take care dude-

Thee Parting Glass
Oh all the money that e'er I had
I spent it in good company
And all the harm that e'er I've done
alas, it was to none but me
For all I've done for want of wit
to memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
good night and joy be with you all

Oh all the comrades that e'er I've had
they are sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I've had
they would wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot t
that I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call
good night and joy be with you all

12/7/2013 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]





Quote History


DONT MAKE GRUMPY CAT SHOW UP
Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/7/2013 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers for strength, peace and comfort for the Reed family.
When will Atlas shrug?
12/7/2013 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:


Thank you for the link, Lily.  We're glad you're here.  
Wow, it's amazing that Jeff and his struggles have inspired an outpouring of love and compassion from not just one, but two communities on the Internet!  
Actually...I'm not surprised.  Jeff and Reta are inspiring in their strength and devotion.  God is indeed working in his mysterious ways.  
On the surface things may look bleak, but just look at the overflowing abundance of blessings we are each being touched with by this experience.  Everyone in his or her own deeply personal way.  
In the end, we all will shed our mortal coil, over that we have no control.  But we can choose how we live in the meantime.  Jeff and Reta, you are leading by example.  Thank you.  
- Strength and Prayers.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:
Originally Posted By JunkyardLily:
Thank you very much to AR15 for all of the updates that have been posted on Jeff's condition.  I'm coming over from GLP, another forum Jeffry frequented.  He wrote his story here, beginning in April of this year: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2206863/pg1

We've been following along with him with his treatments, and the thread is still going strong.  Many of us rely on AR15 now for news, since Jeffry has taken a turn for the worse.  I am sorry if this breaks forum rules at all in posting the link, we just thought those of you who have been close to Jeff and following his condition may want to read. <3

Much love to Jeffry, Reta, family, and all of his friends, here.
<3


Thank you for the link, Lily.  We're glad you're here.  
Wow, it's amazing that Jeff and his struggles have inspired an outpouring of love and compassion from not just one, but two communities on the Internet!  
Actually...I'm not surprised.  Jeff and Reta are inspiring in their strength and devotion.  God is indeed working in his mysterious ways.  
On the surface things may look bleak, but just look at the overflowing abundance of blessings we are each being touched with by this experience.  Everyone in his or her own deeply personal way.  
In the end, we all will shed our mortal coil, over that we have no control.  But we can choose how we live in the meantime.  Jeff and Reta, you are leading by example.  Thank you.  
- Strength and Prayers.  


Thank you very much, Repairman_Jack, I think you hit the nail on the head, very true.  God Bless.
12/7/2013 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:







DONT MAKE GRUMPY CAT SHOW UP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:







DONT MAKE GRUMPY CAT SHOW UP


Bumping the links, here.  Wishing a good and restful night, and comfort for Jeff and the Reed family.
12/7/2013 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]









Some fancy diploma doesn't make me a Doctor...... The cloths do whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop- Dr. Zoidberg
12/7/2013 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:


When this thread started I never expected I would find myself as emotionally invested as I have. Whether or not I am a better person for having been involved here is ultimately up to me, but count me among those whom your husband has had a profound impact. His example has forced me to take some hard looks at the way I lead my life and I thank him, and you, for sharing that example with us. He is a remarkable man.

This story isn't done yet and I suspect more good will be done before it's over. Keep up the fight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
Originally Posted By FW_wife:
Well gang, I'm not sure how to do this. Never had to do this and hope I never have to again. I guess I'll just rip the band-aid off.

There's nothing left to offer Jeff but love and compassion. He is giving it the ol' college try, and he's thrown everything at this sucker, but it will ultimately take him. He came to the hospital Monday and had a CT scan. The scan showed incredible progression in the size of the tumor - the exact opposite of what we all hoped. The tumor is now bigger than it was in the beginning and occupying most of his "Buddha" belly. He also has some blood clots for which they would usually insert an IVC filter, but his inferior vena cava is compressed by the tumor. They could attempt another route for insertion, but it would involve general anesthesia and he has been deemed too high risk. For now he is getting antibiotics for infection in his blood, breathing treatments, and pain medication. He is sleeping well for now, though has some panic attacks and must sit up occasionally.

Next step, hospice.  

We were encouraged in the beginning of all this, knowing that lymphoma is curable. Then after the first four cycles of chemo showed a little more than 50% reduction in the tumor and the doctor was not happy with that, we knew he was up against something really tough. But never in a million years would we have dreamed we would be where we are today, just 7.5 months later. This... just... SUCKS. This is ri-god-damn-diculous.

Jeff has done so much good and I can't tell you how honored I am, WE are, to have such loving, wonderful, stand-up people around us. I am glad I have gotten to meet some of you and gotten to share Jeff with you. Jeff is so loved and I am grateful for every day by his side. Of course, it hasn't all been roses, but is it ever?


The fight goes on, though. I still encourage you and your adult kids to donate blood and/or stem cells if able. Give money to fund cancer research - American Cancer Society, Lymphoma Research Foundation, WHATEVER!


When this thread started I never expected I would find myself as emotionally invested as I have. Whether or not I am a better person for having been involved here is ultimately up to me, but count me among those whom your husband has had a profound impact. His example has forced me to take some hard looks at the way I lead my life and I thank him, and you, for sharing that example with us. He is a remarkable man.

This story isn't done yet and I suspect more good will be done before it's over. Keep up the fight.


You ain't kidding.  Jeff and Reta -- you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.  The journey you have allowed us to be part of has changed many of us.  Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the pain and triumphs.  We will continue to walk through this with you together.
12/7/2013 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Evening prayers sent
<font size=3>IYAOYAS</font id=s3>
12/7/2013 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
As much as I hope you make a miraculous recovery, I am also jealous.  When you meet Wayne Cobb (ETH) and his dog, Scooter, I can only ask that you relay to him a short message from me, "Wait for me here, I miss you."

TRG
TRG came out of the gate like fucking Sea Biscuit and stole our hearts. We're thinking of making a movie about him now. It will be captivating. ~ I-M-A-WMD
12/8/2013 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Thinking of the Reeds.

Hope today has been peaceful,  full of rest.

Still not hearing any fat ladies, sooo...
An evening prayer. For strength , hope, peace, and love.

12/8/2013 12:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xviperx420][Edited] [#11]
I wish I could say something of value here, like you fought a good battle and the halls of Valhalla are waiting for you, but nothing seems to fit. You've made a huge impact here, and I'm certain your ordeal has restored faith in humanity and in god for a lot of people. Take care Jeff. I wish I could have known you.


"I would personally ram my phallus into an eye socket with the eye still present, so you could feel the sensation of it being dislodged from its original position and being pushed back into the brain"
12/8/2013 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#12]
A good evening to all.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/8/2013 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#13]
woke up at 3and was thinking something about Alan Jacksons Amazing Grace. don't remember what but here I'am checking in. morning prayers up and away
Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/8/2013 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Good Sunday morning to all of you. I hope today is comfortable for you Jeff.
12/8/2013 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Reta - just now shared a prayer with God, as I do every morning, and asked for mercy, comfort, and peace for your family.
By now you have seen the impact that Jeff has had on this community. I've been a member here for over a decade, and I've probably read well over 100,000 threads...some were profound, some were sad, some were motivating. This thread started by Jeff has done more to unite people than anything I have ever seen here.

When you sit with Jeff today, I hope you will tell him that he has changed lives, and speaking for myself, he has helped to solidify my faith in The Lord, and in the goodness of the community around me. He is a shining example that one man can absolutely make a difference.

My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family every single day...and will continue to.
God bless you.
We are who we decide to be
12/8/2013 8:07:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alphajaguars][Edited] [#16]
Morning prayers from NC.

Award: Hľa, je hovno postrek stroj. 24/365

Award: Most likely to sell his dignity for $73 24/365

Maximum individual freedom/maximum individual responsibility.
12/8/2013 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Morning Prayers from Minnesota
<font size=3>IYAOYAS</font id=s3>
12/8/2013 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers from NY - you have inspired me to put life in perspective. I say "I love you" so much more now than I ever did.

Good luck and godspeed Jeff.
"A gun's like a woman, son it's all how you hold her." - Aaron Lewis
12/8/2013 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Prayers from Brunswick, GA



Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
<font color=red><font size=2>
_______.___.
l_|__l__,\___\,___
l_--\__\__l----OllllllO
_(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)
</font id=s2></font id=red>
12/8/2013 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Jeff I am getting up and going to church with the family. Haven't been in quite awhile. I still don't no what else to say, but I do know I am very proud of your wife. She is a rock of rocks, and will take the best care of your family.Rest well.
Originally Posted By SigChef:
Does your wife or girlfriend stop ovulating when you're not around?
12/8/2013 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Morning prayers from West Virginia
12/8/2013 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#22]
It just started snowing here.

Hope today finds you at peace and surrounded by loved ones.

God bless.
Wanted: Cool sig line. Apply within.

12/8/2013 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Been following this thread from the beginning. I am at a loss for words.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
- Thomas Jefferson

GOA and NRA life Member
12/8/2013 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Morning prayers from Illinois.
12/8/2013 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Jeff, Reta, and Family,  I hope this morning finds you all in peace and comfort.  I'm not great with these things, and I am mostly at a loss for words.  I have never seen anyone handle such adversity with so much grace and strength.  I'm not much of a religious person, but I wish you all the best.  My heart breaks for your whole family.     Reta, as someone said in an earlier post, Jeff chose wisely.  You are an amazing person!
 
12/8/2013 10:52:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QueenDeNile][Edited] [#26]
I'm the story teller in my family, my kids love hearing stories from my childhood.  Here is one of their favorite:









In August of 1972 my parents moved me from my grandparents house here in Oregon to Southern California.  I was not happy with the move.  I was very close to my grandparents and I hated the desert and the 125 degrees summer average didn't help.










Living in CA was like a foreign country for me.  I was never happy and come Christmas time I was convinced Santa would fly on by So. Cal.  It was hard to get into the holiday spirit but finally on Christmas Eve we went shopping in my shorts.  



It wasn't until Mid Night mass did Ifinally smile  and start believing that Christmas might come










Then when I left .the church there was a Mexican mariachi band playing and Ihhad had enough of California, I wanted to go back to Oregon.  I couldn't bare listening to Fleas on the Dog for a Christmas carol.




http://youtu.be/tdSoWzYRd0Q


 
"Elephant copulation lasts only 20 seconds. This should make a lot of men feel better. " A.J. Jacobs
12/8/2013 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:
woke up at 3and was thinking something about Alan Jacksons Amazing Grace. don't remember what but here I'am checking in. morning prayers up and away
View Quote


Wife turned on the radio and Amazing Grace as sang by Leann Rimes was on.  Figured to pop in and wish everyone a good day.

Take care.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/8/2013 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#28]
.
12/8/2013 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#29]

He does love us.










12/8/2013 11:01:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD][Edited] [#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
I'm the story teller in my family, my kids love hearing stories from my childhood.  Here is one of their favorite:

In August of 1972 my parents moved me from my grandparents house here in Oregon to Southern California.  I was not happy with the move.  I was very close to my grandparents and I hated the desert and the 125 degrees summer average didn't help.

Living in CA was like a foreign country for me.  I was never happy and come Christmas time I was convinced Santa would fly on by So. Cal.  It was hard to get into the holiday spirit but finally on Christmas Eve we went shopping in my shorts.  
It wasn't until Mid Night mass did Ifinally smile  and start believing that Christmas might come

Then when I left .the church there was a Mexican mariachi band playing and Ihhad had enough of California, I wanted to go back to Oregon.  I couldn't bare listening to Fleas on the Dog for a Christmas carol.

http://youtu.be/tdSoWzYRd0Q
 
View Quote


I didn't go to the youtube site.  I got it!
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/8/2013 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Praying for you guys today.
Don't go ninj'in nobody that don't need ninj'in
12/8/2013 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#32]
My family's prayers are still going out to you and your family Jeff.
Stay strong, God Bless.
Code name " Gyro "
12/8/2013 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Surrender to the Divine Plan. May the Blessings be.
12/8/2013 11:49:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1][Edited] [#34]
Last nights sunset. Just for the family.

Camelback mountain in the sunset. Just to the left of that picture.

Rest well Jeff.
12/8/2013 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:

Then when I left .the church there was a Mexican mariachi band playing and Ihhad had enough of California, I wanted to go back to Oregon.  I couldn't bare listening to Fleas on the Dog for a Christmas carol.
http://youtu.be/tdSoWzYRd0Q
 
View Quote


I would have beat myself with a 2 x 4 at that point ^^^

Noon prayers from NJ. Praying for much comfort and peace of mind.
12/8/2013 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Afternoon prayers.
Just put it on the cracker and don't look at me when I eat it. - RabidMonkeyPox
I will not die in the night, but in the light of the sun with the ashes of this world in my lungs. H.U.
NRA SAF NYSRPA
12/8/2013 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:


I didn't go to the youtube site.  I got it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
I'm the story teller in my family, my kids love hearing stories from my childhood.  Here is one of their favorite:

In August of 1972 my parents moved me from my grandparents house here in Oregon to Southern California.  I was not happy with the move.  I was very close to my grandparents and I hated the desert and the 125 degrees summer average didn't help.

Living in CA was like a foreign country for me.  I was never happy and come Christmas time I was convinced Santa would fly on by So. Cal.  It was hard to get into the holiday spirit but finally on Christmas Eve we went shopping in my shorts.  
It wasn't until Mid Night mass did Ifinally smile  and start believing that Christmas might come

Then when I left .the church there was a Mexican mariachi band playing and Ihhad had enough of California, I wanted to go back to Oregon.  I couldn't bare listening to Fleas on the Dog for a Christmas carol.

http://youtu.be/tdSoWzYRd0Q
 


I didn't go to the youtube site.  I got it!



LOL! I had to go to youtube.
Always look out for number one.

Unless someone is slinging shit around. Then look out for number two.
12/8/2013 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#38]
More prayers sent from the tropics of Montana where it is a balmy 4 above this morning
Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire
Patriot Guard Rider
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
Arfcom call sign Keg
12/8/2013 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Prayers from Indiana. Hope today is a good day. Hang in there Jeff and Reta.
-Proud Member of Team Ranstad-
No, Mister Smartypants, you're wrong. I took a solemn oath to use their awesome power, never for evil, but only for the good of mankind.

Jane
12/8/2013 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Prayers inbound from VA.
Jon
FBHO
12/8/2013 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#41]
399,000 + views and we are not at 87,878    
Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/8/2013 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Good morning Jeff and family.  Sitting here today with two of my three sons watching my Packers play the Falcons in the snow.  Cherish the time you have with your son.  Prayers from far west Texas this morning.
"What an arrogant megalomaniac. I can't believe anyone would support or elect this butt puppet."
Givtu
12/8/2013 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Jeff,
Morning from Washington.
Prayers for you and your family.

12/8/2013 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Prayers to you all, Jeff and Reta.
God Bless!
12/8/2013 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Our 1st snowfall of the year here in NJ . It looks so beautiful at the moment. Sending afternoon prayers for peace of heart and a comforted soul.

12/8/2013 3:39:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67][Edited] [#46]
Ben and Elli are sleepy pups today:











 
12/8/2013 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry I missed this thread before now. Godspeed man, and prayers of strength and peace to you and your family.
Disillusioned political scientist. Still coffee fueled and beer cooled.
12/8/2013 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I have refrained from posting on this thread until know.  I also am 45 years old.  I have a 21 year old daughter, a 5 year old son, a 3 year old son, and a daughter due in January.  I have been sitting here thinking "Am I ready?"  " Are they ready?"  
sadly the answer is "NO".  I wanted to thank you for giving me the time to think and ask those types of questions...

GOD BLESS YOU, And EASE YOUR PAIN.

Michael
"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
12/8/2013 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeff-
I'm hoping that you're feeling good today, and that prayers are being answered.

I hope you get Christmas gifts galore and see 2014 arrive.

I hope a miracle has begun.

That the cancer would be gone.

Your life restored.

I'm praying for all these things, and as many of us have asked before, May God bless you richly.

Godspeed HEALING!
RIP John Noveske. You are missed.

AR-15 Armorer Instructor.
12/8/2013 5:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: silentblades][Edited] [#50]


God Bless

Eta not sure if my link worked.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc
R.I.P. Chris Kyle
God Bless you and your family

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page

REST IN PEACE (Page 168 of 208)