Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread makes me want to buy another RTIC cooler. Even though I don't need one. Already have a hard 45qt, and 65qt and a soft 30 and a lunch box.

I guess I could use one of the 20qts...Eventually I need to get one of their 145qts for brinning hogs in before smoking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This popped up on my local news.

Man detonates YETI cooler after company cuts ties with NRA
Dude blows up yeti
View Quote
yet wears a wounded warrior cap....
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeti is from the liberal hippie area of Austin....
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I need a RTIC sticker to put over my YETI, no I'm not destroying it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the NRA isn't?  Where's the outrage for the NRA propaganda attack for knowingly misrepresenting the truth?
View Quote
Look at the timing of when yeti miraculously chose to ditch their nra program.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
5% off use REFERBISON
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like the design of the Pelican coolers as much as RTIC. They have too much extra plastic all around them. Plus, they are more expensive than RTIC.

But they do have a nice 250qt that would be great for brinning hogs in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who wants to buy a yeti?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pandering.

Gay.

Will still buy YETI.
View Quote
"Click"
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've seen the likes stuck at 167k for a while, wasn't sure if FB stopped showing more or wtf happened..
View Quote
If you have to ask, then you know the answer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen the likes stuck at 167k for a while, wasn't sure if FB stopped showing more or wtf happened..
I'm showing 218k likes, 71k shares, and 9700+ comments.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't like the design of the Pelican coolers as much as RTIC. They have too much extra plastic all around them. Plus, they are more expensive than RTIC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Evidently they're good for hauling your beer around in while you're hunting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
The Cooler Wars of 2018  
Who will live, who will survive, and who will be put on ice ?!  

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Cooler Wars of 2018  
Who will live, who will survive, and who will be put on ice ?!  

View Quote
Yeti has already lost.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pandering.

Gay.

Will still buy YETI.
View Quote
Goofiest GD post today. That's quite an accomplishment too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have an RTIC tumbler, it is amazing.
View Quote
I just ordered one tonight to replace my old Yeti.
$10 for a good 30oz tumbler is a good price.
I got some stainless straws and a handle.
It's a good deal.

I've had no problems with the Yeti, and I don't know if they really stepped on their dick here or just are victims of bad timing, but I'd rather give my money to a company that I *know* has my back, at least on this one huge issue.  Thanks for the heads up, GD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be buying a lunch box fron RTIC this week. You've got to support the companies that stand with us.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good God Almighty.    But, because GD teeth have been gnashed, and the hordes have to save face, Yeti will continue to be chastised for what might have been.

Lots of good cooler options for those of us who do actually need something that works like these upper end coolers do.  I still like Yeti.

But, but, muh knee-jerk.  
View Quote
NRA and gun issues aside,  I was told that Yeti is foreign nade.

There is no fucking way I’m paying extra for an imported cooler when there are plenty of American made quality products out there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like this might all be Fake News from Marion Hammer

Outside says ... maybe not
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought a bunch of RTIC stuff when it was on sale. I was impressed with it when using it on vacation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

NRA and gun issues aside,  I was told that Yeti is foreign nade.

There is no fucking way I’m paying extra for an imported cooler when there are plenty of American made quality products out there.
View Quote
This is where I'm at. I fucking LOVE spending money on stupid shit I don't need, and a cooler that keeps ice for a week fits that perfectly. But if I'm gonna spend hundreds of dollars on some plastic to hold beer a couple times a year, it could at least be made in the US
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I almost wish I was on Bookface so I could "like" it.
View Quote
They still have your info so whatever...
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#26]
WTF were they thinking?

90% of their sales are from outdoors people that like to hunt and fish, etc.

Most of them own guns.

I never liked their overpriced shit anyway.

My $8 Walmart Ozark Trail tumbler is just as good as a Yeti.

RTIC makes the same damn coolers as Yeti for 1/2 the price.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He's a liberal, and most likely a troll.

I have him on ignore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pandering.

Gay.

Will still buy YETI.
He's a liberal, and most likely a troll.

I have him on ignore.
Ignore list updated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ignore list updated.
View Quote
Go for it, big boy. I dont get my jimmies rustled by boomers in GD who love their ignore button, nor posters who claim I'm a liberal when they get their stop liking what I dont like feels hurt. lol

Fact is that RTIC is the china of companies in the YETI world. They are unoriginal, stole everything, copied everything, got sued and called out for it - and caved and changed their designs.

YETI is the original and most innovative company in the cooler/cup/outdoorsman gear market that they cater to and the original owners are great people.

Keep supporting the fakes like RTIC and they'll keep making snow angels in your money as they throw it around the room while thinking of the next market niche to exploit with a cute social media support posting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wouldn't just accept what NRA says as truth, but given Yeti's signs banning concealed and open carry in their offices I'll believe NRA's statement over Yeti's.

Looks more like Yeti back-pedaling to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeti just clarified things and they did not drop the NRA for any anti-2A reason.
GD over-reaction as usual.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbfaPSWUQAAm8n8.jpg:large

ETA: Don't own, nor do I ever plan to own a Yeti.
I wouldn't just accept what NRA says as truth, but given Yeti's signs banning concealed and open carry in their offices I'll believe NRA's statement over Yeti's.

Looks more like Yeti back-pedaling to me.
This. All of it
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeti slammed in a mag with their finger on the trigger and the muzzle under their chin.  If i was the coo of yeti i would fire someones ass and kick them in the ass all the way to the door.  What they did was wave a big gay rainbow flag in the middle of a rodeo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pandering.

Gay.

Will still buy YETI.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeti slammed in a mag with their finger on the trigger and the muzzle under their chin.  If i was the coo of yeti i would fire someones ass and kick them in the ass all the way to the door.  What they did was wave a big gay rainbow flag in the middle of a rodeo.
View Quote
Yep. And when they get the Dicks result of double digit drops in sales I hope they fold.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't really need a cooler but I'm going out to buy an RTIC (maybe two) tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't really need a cooler but I'm going out to buy an RTIC (maybe two) tomorrow.
Maybe one of these as well...
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Go for it, big boy. I dont get my jimmies rustled by boomers in GD who love their ignore button, nor posters who claim I'm a liberal when they get their stop liking what I dont like feels hurt. lol

Fact is that RTIC is the china of companies in the YETI world. They are unoriginal, stole everything, copied everything, got sued and called out for it - and caved and changed their designs.

YETI is the original and most innovative company in the cooler/cup/outdoorsman gear market that they cater to and the original owners are great people.

Keep supporting the fakes like RTIC and they'll keep making snow angels in your money as they throw it around the room while thinking of the next market niche to exploit with a cute social media support posting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignore list updated.

angry Yeti employee
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#37]
I have an RTIC 45 medium and it's a good cooler.  I may need to go ahead and get that smaller version.

Just bought the 20.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have an RTIC 45 medium and it's a good cooler.  I may need to go ahead and get that smaller version.

Just bought the 20.
View Quote
You need the 65 also. Yes, yes you do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#39]
The vultures are out I see...trying to get a piece of the cooler business....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Well at least the other cooler companies aren't using this situation to make more sales lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Competitors are pushing yeti’s shit in.

All of them have piled in, they know where their customers are from. Weather or not yeti meant to do this it could only look bad from a timing point of view.

Anybody know of those banks and air lines suffered?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Competitors are pushing yeti’s shit in.

All of them have piled in, they know where their customers are from. Weather or not yeti meant to do this it could only look bad from a timing point of view.

Anybody know of those banks and air lines suffered?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398238/88DA1715-0957-4D8F-96DB-2A114057EF5F-524526.JPG
View Quote
lol marketing and more pandering

all the muh rights nerds are probably going to eat it up like flies on shit and make these companies some money and theyll take it all the way to the bank with some faux support and a few social media posts

a fool and his money, as they say.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

lol marketing and more pandering

all the muh rights nerds are probably going to eat it up like flies on shit and make these companies some money and theyll take it all the way to the bank with some faux support and a few social media posts

a fool and his money, as they say.
View Quote
Isn’t that capitalism? I know I’d damn well be posting pics of guns on ice in my coolers if I owned a company.

Are you saying these companies should keep quiet and miss an opportunity?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Isn’t that capitalism? I know I’d damn well be posting pics of guns on ice in my coolers if I owned a company.

View Quote
of course not, it's fantastic.

gives me plenty of things to make fun of on the internet this week.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#45]
somebody needs to make some NO Yeti stickers

Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#46]
What sells me on rtic is they didn't say some stupid shit about HUNTING.  2A is not fucking Hunting.. or "outdoor activities".
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is your goal to be as ridiculous and full of yourself as possible?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#48]
They saw opportunity and took it by the balls
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
You could not be any more wrong with what you posted. Yeti is not the originator. Engel was around before them. Yeti copied as much as RTIC copied.

http://www.itinerantangler.com/blog/podcasts/2016/07/08/why-does-yeti-get-ripped-off-all-the-time/
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Reading Yeti's statement sounds like they are trying to keep both sides happy but more of the left side. I live in Austin and work 3 miles from their HQ and know a few of the employees that work at Yeti. While they are outdoor people, many of them are not gun people. I won't go as far as to say the whole company employee roster is like this, but this is just what I've seen. One of Yeti's biggest retailers is REI and we all know what happens when REI doesn't like your company supporting gun related issues. So because of this, I feel that Yeti is trying to cover their own butts and make REI happy when they say, "...including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration."

I also have an issue with Yeti's statement about supporting hunters which is common liberal talking points about the 2A is only good for hunting.

The fact remains that the timing of Yeti dropping NRA does not look good for the company and this statement clearly shows they are feeling the pressure through social media.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top