Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2021 7:09:19 AM EDT
Does anyone have one?   I currently have a Raptor, could wait for next years Raptor R, but when I test drove a Ram limited I found it to be quite a nice pickup truck.  Also the ridiculous horsepower sounds it might be fun every now and again.   Just looking for thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a Power Wagon for my daily driver and have a Hellcat for my toy. Not sure if I'd want a supercharger to go get lumber and do normal pickup type stuff. I reckon it all depends what your needs are.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone have one?   I currently have a Raptor, could wait for next years Raptor R, but when I test drove a Ram limited I found it to be quite a nice pickup truck.  Also the ridiculous horsepower sounds it might be fun every now and again.   Just looking for thoughts.
View Quote

@BM-ARM-DPMS-guns

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Let-s-see-your-cars-/134-1706501/&page=47#i92473117
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I also have a power wagon and have purposely avoided looking at these. A truck version of the Mike Pence rule.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Next door neighbor sold his 2019 Raptor and bought a TRX. He loves the truck, with the exception of the absolute horrendous fuel mileage. He has about 3500 miles on it so far, the best he has averaged has been 12 mpg on the 300 mile freeway run. He says his Raptor was a bit more practical for daily driving,  but he also recognizes that he didn't buy a 700 hp truck for practicality! And even though it is awd, he is having zero problems on wearing the stock set of tires out, I don't think that he will get 10,000 miles out of them at the absolute most. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets rid of this truck though either. He changes trucks out fairly quickly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I don’t need it to be practical at all.  I just like pickups trucks.  yeah it will hit the hardware store now and again but it’s basically to get around town, get to the beach, get to the football game (only ride that’s a decent length).  I’ve also thought about going completely the other way and getting a F250 with the Tremor pack and either the Godzilla v8 or power stoke but I don’t need to be practical thus the TRX.  I’ve had the Raptor for 2 years and have no issues but ready for something new.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Power Wagon master race. Could measure the 0-60 time of this bitch with a calendar, but jesus christ it is a monster off road.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Power Wagon master race. Could measure the 0-60 time of this bitch with a calendar, but jesus christ it is a monster off road.
View Quote

Do they make a million Power Wagons a year or do they just not sell well? The dealership next door has a few of them on the lot all the time.

Or maybe they sell so well they keep a bunch around?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do they make a million Power Wagons a year or do they just not sell well? The dealership next door has a few of them on the lot all the time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Power Wagons make up just 2% of all Ram 2500s made. It's a truck that fills a VERY specific niche, and Ram is perfectly happy to let it stay that way. Maybe they sell better out of certain dealers, depending on the location. Maybe the dealer next to you just uses them as attention grabbers. The 75th anniversary package has been a pretty big hit, though I think the production numbers are still under 2,000 for that specific package.

The Tradesman Power Wagon is probably the rarest factory truck currently in production. See the chart below.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Power Wagons make up just 2% of all Ram 2500s made. It's a truck that fills a VERY specific niche, and Ram is perfectly happy to let it stay that way. Maybe they sell better out of certain dealers, depending on the location. Maybe the dealer next to you just uses them as attention grabbers. The 75th anniversary package has been a pretty big hit, though I think the production numbers are still under 2,000 for that specific package.

The Tradesman Power Wagon is probably the rarest factory truck currently in production. See the chart below.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wcTK6ggr-Ovc0HE4sxJHWfVJv1q9_yMat0aUzaJFlZ5EY2Kmk77eMBGJH31ia1hg-G8vJnpFucebdmU2jWodw4TFAkzRwI4A8TL4Zb8WaZxaFc44DGJlGLi-AqcH_sSZ2P-33_v_aw=w2400
View Quote

Man, the numbers are low for most years. Mine seems to be the highest - 2018. There must have been a surge in testosterone that year.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a lot of PW owners here.  
Add another to the list.  05 master race.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Given the functionality of the PW vs the TRX there is no surprise that they are popular.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Next truck is very likely to be a PW
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]

For the power-wagon guys, I believe this bolts in easily behind the tow-hooks, leaving them functional, PLUS gives you spots to put LED lights.
Doesn't cost that much either

https://www.randyellisdesign.com/store/p130/Dodge%2FRAM_19-21_Power_Wagon_Light_Bar_-_34203.html

Neat vehicle.
Solid axles, front and rear lockers, factory winch, the whole 9 yards.

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Next door neighbor sold his 2019 Raptor and bought a TRX. He loves the truck, with the exception of the absolute horrendous fuel mileage. He has about 3500 miles on it so far, the best he has averaged has been 12 mpg on the 300 mile freeway run. He says his Raptor was a bit more practical for daily driving,  but he also recognizes that he didn't buy a 700 hp truck for practicality! And even though it is awd, he is having zero problems on wearing the stock set of tires out, I don't think that he will get 10,000 miles out of them at the absolute most. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets rid of this truck though either. He changes trucks out fairly quickly.
View Quote

Damn, that's fast for a set of stock tires.  If they cost about the same as a set for the Raptor, he'll do that one time (unless he has money to burn).
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Im really enjoying mine, but I only have about 500 miles on it and it's my first truck, so I dont have much to compare it to in that regard. I will say that the supercharger whine and exhaust note combined is indeed intoxicating.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Im really enjoying mine, but I only have about 500 miles on it and it's my first truck, so I dont have much to compare it to in that regard. I will say that the supercharger whine and exhaust note combined is indeed intoxicating.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

How the interior?   Comfortable?  I’m sure the power is crazy but how is it just cruising around?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sure he doesn’t own a Tundra
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How the interior?   Comfortable?  I'm sure the power is crazy but how is it just cruising around?
View Quote
Compared to my Grand Cherokee, the interior is much nicer. Lots of soft leather and suede over everything. The only let down in the materials department for me is the one or two places that you can upgrade with the carbon fiber trim have this odd diamond plate looking plastic (smooth texture though) which doesnt seem up to par with the rest of the interior. They are small bits though and it doesnt really bother me.

The ride is fantastic. My Trailhawk's air suspension was crap in comparison. I live in an area with pretty terrible streets, and the trx handles pot holes that would have the grand cherokee smacking its bump stops. I cant wait to get on some dirt. I always had to go slow in the GC. Again, if I had to nit pick, one thing that does feel odd to me, is tiny imperfections like expansion joints at highway speeds. Im not sure if its a product of the solid axle or the full time 4x4, but they are more noticable in the trx from the drivers perspective. Passengers dont seem to notice though.

Just driving around, it's just a big pussycat. Its actually quite quiet on the interstate and accelerating can be very pedestrian. The engine and trans are programmed very well even in the auto street settings. You can go from not spilling your wife's drink as you loaf around to hellcat screaming as you pass that guy in the left lane with his blinker on doing 43mph just with your right foot. No need to play with the drive modes if you dont want to. Its size can be an issue with some tight maneuvering, but if you are coming from a raptor, I'm sure you are used to that.

It looks like I'm getting right about the EPA numbers right now, perhaps a half mpg pr so better. Roughly 12ish commuting to work and 14-15 highway. Obliterating the average is easy though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Compared to my Grand Cherokee, the interior is much nicer. Lots of soft leather and suede over everything. The only let down in the materials department for me is the one or two places that you can upgrade with the carbon fiber trim have this odd diamond plate looking plastic (smooth texture though) which doesnt seem up to par with the rest of the interior. They are small bits though and it doesnt really bother me.

The ride is fantastic. My Trailhawk's air suspension was crap in comparison. I live in an area with pretty terrible streets, and the trx handles pot holes that would have the grand cherokee smacking its bump stops. I cant wait to get on some dirt. I always had to go slow in the GC. Again, if I had to nit pick, one thing that does feel odd to me, is tiny imperfections like expansion joints at highway speeds. Im not sure if its a product of the solid axle or the full time 4x4, but they are more noticable in the trx from the drivers perspective. Passengers dont seem to notice though.

Just driving around, it's just a big pussycat. Its actually quite quiet on the interstate and accelerating can be very pedestrian. The engine and trans are programmed very well even in the auto street settings. You can go from not spilling your wife's drink as you loaf around to hellcat screaming as you pass that guy in the left lane with his blinker on doing 43mph just with your right foot. No need to play with the drive modes if you dont want to. Its size can be an issue with some tight maneuvering, but if you are coming from a raptor, I'm sure you are used to that.

It looks like I'm getting right about the EPA numbers right now, perhaps a half mpg pr so better. Roughly 12ish commuting to work and 14-15 highway. Obliterating the average is easy though.
View Quote

Damn, it's becoming ore appealing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top