Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2024 9:37:41 PM EDT
I have mostly CCW holsters and a couple duty style belt holsters and some 1.5" gun belts geared for ccw type carry.

I shoot a lot but mostly on my own.  The last couple months I have shot with a few people.  I seem to not be in the cool kids club because everyone has these battle belts all kitted out with mag holders and other stuff and I don't.

I plan to get some hsgi taco mag pouches for pistol mags and ar15 mags.  I am not sure what else but I haven't picked a belt yet.  Please recommend one for me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Esstac.

It's the best tac.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Esstac shooters belt
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Esstac...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crux] [#4]
My HSGI with rigger belt has been great.

Mine was like this one
https://www.highspeedgear.com/31pb0

If I had to do over, I'd likely try esstac rather than tacos
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
HSGI Slim Grip padded.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/33spb

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1fromtx] [#7]
I tried and didn't like the tacos.

I went with gcode soft shell scorpion for my belt and have no regrets

Edit to add
My first belt was a Tactical Tailor and had belt keepers made.

Now I have the AWS SMU belt and love it so far.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Would you guys go with a 1.75" or a 2" if I went with Esstac?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Esstac
Blue Alpha Lite
Defense Mechanisms
Axl Eclipse

Pick one.

Esstac Kywi mag pouches > Taco shit
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Same boat as OP. Looking at the  Esstac. Is this supposed to go inside your belt loops? Is this ratcheting or Velcro? I hate Velcro when it wears out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the Kore battle belt.  Inner belt keeps it in place, and the click adjust is super nice for convenient on the fly adjustment
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]
AWS SMU

ESSTAC Kiwi pouches (Tacos suck ass)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
We actually have an entire thread dedicated to battle/war belts. And it's fairly extensive with tons of great info.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/War-Belt-1st-Line-Picture-Thread/10-285299/
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
Esstac...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:
We actually have an entire thread dedicated to battle/war belts. And it's fairly extensive with tons of great info.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/War-Belt-1st-Line-Picture-Thread/10-285299/
View Quote

Came to suggest this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Tried and true...

Ferro Concepts Bison Belt.

Esstac kywi mag pouches

One Wrap fucking EVERYTHING!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#17]
Esstac belt and kywis and skittle pouch and TQ holder and misc pouch and one wrap.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#18]
As stated, Esstac is a top pick. AWS is also having a sale on their SMU belts, SMU20 gets you $20 off. Good stuff:

AWS SMU
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SG55xdude:
I have mostly CCW holsters and a couple duty style belt holsters and some 1.5" gun belts geared for ccw type carry.

I shoot a lot but mostly on my own.  The last couple months I have shot with a few people.  I seem to not be in the cool kids club because everyone has these battle belts all kitted out with mag holders and other stuff and I don't.

I plan to get some hsgi taco mag pouches for pistol mags and ar15 mags.  I am not sure what else but I haven't picked a belt yet.  Please recommend one for me.
View Quote
John Wick style not good enough for you? JW carried 32 pistol and 87 rifle reloads on his dress belt!!!

Honestly if you're training for war a battle belt is a good idea but if you're not then you're better off to use what you'll have when the moment arrives.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve been using a BFG GRID belt with Esstac pouches for duty gear for a couple weeks now. Best set up I’ve ever had
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RHR_12:
I like the Kore battle belt.  Inner belt keeps it in place, and the click adjust is super nice for convenient on the fly adjustment
View Quote

100%, Awesome set up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#23]
First 3 posts mailed it.
In a world where Asstac doesn't exist,  AWS.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Spiffums:
John Wick style not good enough for you? JW carried 32 pistol and 87 rifle reloads on his dress belt!!!

Honestly if you're training for war a battle belt is a good idea but if you're not then you're better off to use what you'll have when the moment arrives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spiffums:

I keep reading battle belt and chest rig threads and at the end of the day all I do is slide an AR mag pouch or JSTA pouch onto my regular gun belt. My carry gun and carry mags stay the same so there's no muscle memory issues.

I really wish I could find a low key way to add 2 AR mags; my double BFG pouch is a little too wide and I think a stacked pouch would get in the way. One mag is fine for the range but for any real use I'd want at least 2. I'm enough of a mess that anything more would just be a loot drop for whoever caps me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Esstac.

It's the best tac.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I have both ATS and Wilder Tactical Belts. Both are quality and have held up well. I use HSGI,Wilder and Esstac for pouches. The Esstac are great but I really like the tacos with the hidden bands. I like the idea of adjusting tension on different sized mags and radios.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I’ve been looking and had the same question. I came across a thread recently and esstac said 1.75 for most people. Hope that helps
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]
The only correct answer is Esstac... would do you even better to go with their mag pouches too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

I keep reading battle belt and chest rig threads and at the end of the day all I do is slide an AR mag pouch or JSTA pouch onto my regular gun belt. My carry gun and carry mags stay the same so there's no muscle memory issues.

I really wish I could find a low key way to add 2 AR mags; my double BFG pouch is a little too wide and I think a stacked pouch would get in the way. One mag is fine for the range but for any real use I'd want at least 2. I'm enough of a mess that anything more would just be a loot drop for whoever caps me.
View Quote

Brownells dual mag coupler is what you need for GI mags.  Always nice to have two mags on tap with the rifle.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 1fromtx:

Edit to add

View Quote

AWS SMU.

$20 off right now too
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 1fromtx:

Edit to add

View Quote

My current bb is Tactical Tailor Fight Light. Love it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc2129] [#34]
I’ve got an HSGI padded belt, an Eagle operator gun belt, and. SubSecond belt.  The HSGI was issued at work and came with tacos,  I’m not a fan of padded belts, so I don’t wear it.   I prefer the Eagle and SubSecond and use both for work.  Im a fan of the thinner belt profile.

I haven’t had the SubSecond long, but so far I really like it. The owner of the company is a former 7th Group guy and is always working on improving his stuff.  He’s local to my area and I run into him  quite a bit at the range where I am a member. He seems like a solid dude and really cares about putting out a good product. Quite a few 7th Group  guys are using his belts, as are LE SWAT guys.

For mag pouches, I’m an ESSTAC fan. I use a Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma kit and BFG micro dump pouch.  Holster mount is a Safariland QLS on a low ride mount to switch between holsters and pistols.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Agilite Magnetix
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bg10] [#36]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Tried and true...

Ferro Concepts Bison Belt.

Esstac kywi mag pouches

View Quote

I ran the bison belt for a while, never really liked it

Ended up switching to the Baer Wojtek belt. Best gunbelt I’ve ever had.

Esstac makes a solid belt, but some of the more innovative ones like the Baer and Axl are doing some good things with Tegris in terms of weight savings and cutting down on bulkiness.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]
HSGI here
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:47:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#38]
Sub Second.

Originally Posted By tc2129:

I haven’t had the SubSecond long, but so far I really like it. The owner of the company is a former 7th Group guy and is always working on improving his stuff.  He’s local to my area and I run into quite a bit at the range where I am a member. He seems like a solid dude and really cares about putting out a good product.
View Quote

Jeff is a very good shooter too, plus he’s cute.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Esstac
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bg10:

Ended up switching to the Baer Wojtek belt. Best gunbelt I’ve ever had.
View Quote

Fuck, guess I found my belt for my 2nd setup!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Esstac Shooters Belt
Esstac kywi mag holders
True North Concepts Modular Holster Adapter
Safariland QLS mount
Safariland ALS holster with nub
Optional T-Rex Arms leg strap
Velcro onewrap for the kywis

Start there.  Add IFAK, dump pouch, gloves hook, etc
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:48:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Ex umbris us what I use.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:02:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Big belts ended up annoying me more than adding comfort.

Go with a quality, basic belt. My vote is the AWS Lab Shooters Belt:

https://awsin.com/50725-lab-shooters-belt-system/

You don’t need MOLLE and I think Velcro one-wrap is a better way to mount pouches.

Go with Esstac Kywi for pouches in either Molle (which one-wrap works with) or the direct stitched one wrap.

https://esstac.com/40-angled-single-pistol-kywi-pouch/

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:04:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Tag.

I've been putting off getting a good battle belt
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#46]
I’ve been using a Blue Alpha Inner/Outer belt setup daily for close to 3ish years in a professional role.  Damn thing has been basically indestructible.  OneWrap is your friend as mentioned.  

Honestly, Velcro inner/outer belt setups aren’t exactly rocket science.  I’d imagine you’ll be fine with any from the top gear manufacturers.  Skip anything with a padded sleeve.  I also used one of those for years (many moons ago) and they’re just not ideal, they shift around, don’t stay put while running, etc.  Maybe if you need to hang a lot of weight on the belt in conjunction with suspenders, but that doesn’t sound like something you’d need.

On that note, it’s not a replacement for a chest rig/PC.  Don’t try to hang a full combat load of rifle mags on it or you’re going to hate it.

The HSGI padded inner sleeve that velcros to an outer belt is great if you need to throw a belt on in your skivvies for a bump in the night, but get a proper Velcro inner belt run through your belt loops if you’re wearing pants.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Ferro Concepts Bison with Esstac pouches and Safariland mid drop.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:49:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Use Kore belts for EDC and they have been the best for me with their ratchet system. Easy to adjust and comfortable for me. Their bigger gun belts are expensive, but probably worth it.

I have worn mine for about 6 years just about every day without issue. No breakage or tears. Some minor fraying but nothing that is cause for concern.

If you have multiple platforms, AR, AK, and 7.62x51, then I would look at the G-code Scorpion pouches because you can adjust them to fit all of those. Same with the pistol pouches, double stack or single stack. For me they retain very well.

The Esstac Kywis are nice but there is no adjustment to change platforms. For me the Scorpions provide great retention and usability across multiple platforms and can be worn with different chest rigs for the mission at hand.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#49]
I really enjoy my Defense Mechanisms MECH Belt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
Agilite Magnetix
View Quote

I'm planning on trying one of those.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top