User Panel

Site Notices
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 80 of 113)
Page / 113
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BaconFat:

So dots don't die with expensive plates?  Or direct mount...is that what you believe?
View Quote

If the expensive plate fails and beats it to death, sure.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Nope they get beat to death because of recoil by itself.  It's OK to admit that dots die.. it's why people that shoot a lot have multiples
View Quote

It's ok to admit you cheaped out and ruined the dot. No one will think less of you.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Nope they get beat to death because of recoil by itself.  It's OK to admit that dots die.. it's why people that shoot a lot have multiples
View Quote

How many spare irons do you have? If you shoot a lot then you would know irons break. Spare pistols? Spare pistol parts? Rifles? Rifle parts?
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#4]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

How many spare irons do you have? If you shoot a lot then you would know irons break. Spare pistols? Spare pistol parts? Rifles? Rifle parts?
View Quote

Those all break at the range.  Dots will work when you put them away, but be dead when you go get them.  I prefer my stuff not to crap out while just sitting in the safe.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Those all break at the range.  Dots will work when you put them away, but be dead when you go get them.  I prefer my stuff not to crap out while just sitting in the safe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I daily carry a RMR, not dead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

As do I, or at least an SRO. As it’s an EDC, I check it daily. As it’s the firearm I spend most of my range time on, it gets checked most frequently. I like to crank mine up and use the lock out feature and as such, the battery definitely needs to be replaced more frequently (already BT/DT) and I have no problem with it since my preference(s) necessitate it. If I find a dead batt in a stored electro-optic, I replace the batt; that’s not an issue. It was stored and to be expected; again, replace the batt and not an issue.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]

So dots don't die with expensive plates?  Or direct mount...is that what you believe?
View Quote

The chance of a failure is exponentially reduced when they are held securely by a high quality plate or direct mount.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

It was murdered...by your shit tier mounting plate

So the fact that the shitty plate had its lugs sheared off isn’t a clear indication that the dot was getting beat up? Is that what you believe?
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

So the fact that the shitty plate had its lugs sheared off isn’t a clear indication that the dot was getting beat up? Is that what you believe?
View Quote

The lugs might have been pressed out and not sheared.  The screws were tight when I removed it.  

Either way, it was working when it was put away.  Dead when I got it out.  You don't have those issues with irons
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh for fuck’s sake

Just fuckin stop it
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]

The lugs might have been pressed out and not sheared.  The screws were tight when I removed it.  

Either way, it was working when it was put away.  Dead when I got it out.  You don't have those issues with irons
View Quote

So broken recoil lugs mitigate g forces as well as intact recoil lugs?

Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

It's not so black and white.

Do direct mounted red dots fail? Absolutely.

Did you hasten the demise of yours with that shit tier mounting plate? Most likely.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:

It's not so black and white.

Do direct mounted red dots fail? Absolutely.

Did you hasten the demise of yours with that shit tier mounting plate? Most likely.
View Quote

Exactly it's not black and white. If the dot was loose and it failed while shooting then it would be.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Curious, are you arguing that the sheared lugs had nothing to do with the failure because it didn't fail while in use?

It obviously can't be stated absolutely that the sheared lugs caused the failure, but if that were my gun and I took the dot off and found that plate, my assumption would be "oh, there's the issue".

You seem to be arguing the failure of the plate and the failure of the dot are unrelated.

Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread sucks now.

P320 grenades w/dots

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#18]

View All Quotes

HASSLE

ETA: people have certainly pulled their firearm out of the safe and noticed that it’s missing a sight or that it’s irons are no longer properly zeroed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#19]

HASSLE

ETA: people have certainly pulled their firearm out of the safe and noticed that it’s missing a sight or that it’s irons are no longer properly zeroed.
View Quote

Lol. How the fuck would irons be OK on your last shot, then be missing when you take it out of the safe...gremlins?  

I mean, really. WTF
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Exactly it's not black and white. If the dot was loose and it failed while shooting then it would be.  

View Quote

You admit it wasn't holding zero, and the plate is trashed. Pretty basic stuff here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Lol. How the fuck would irons be OK on your last shot, then be missing when you take it out of the safe...gremlins?  

I mean, really. WTF
View All Quotes

HASSLE

I mean, really. WTF

Bump it going in. Irons not tight (whether dovetail or on a rail). Bump it going out of safe. Soft plastic sights that were cracking an unnoticed, that fell off in the safe.

All of those (and many other scenarios) are less far fetched than your RDS failing concurrently with yet independently of your harbor freight budget brand optic plate.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Bump it going in. Irons not tight (whether dovetail or on a rail). Bump it going out of safe. Soft plastic sights that were cracking an unnoticed, that fell off in the safe.

All of those (and many other scenarios) are less far fetched than your RDS failing concurrently with yet independently of your harbor freight budget brand optic plate.
View Quote

If this is what you need to make up so you can feel good about your chinese dot, go for it.... Irons breaking when you bump them against a safe....and you call my stuff Harbor freight...LOL
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]

If this is what you need to make up so you can feel good about your chinese dot, go for it.... Irons breaking when you bump them against a safe....and you call my stuff Harbor freight...LOL
View All Quotes

They stay in your safe when it is on you?
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

That’s a pretty good description of that plate, through.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

That’s a pretty good description of that plate, through.
View Quote

Well, mine broke while shooting it,  so if it is harbor freight, what is an iron sight that breaks when you bump it into a safe.....its make believe.... cause it doesn't happen/

He's just making shit up to feel better about his chinese dots.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Spent nearly 10 minutes filling out the Holo warranty form.

Spent another 10 minutes packaging it up.

Says the wait is 30 days, and maybe I get another same optic out of the deal.

#HASSLE
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#27]
riding this puppy all the way
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bandanabandit1:
View Quote

I'm confident it will hit 100 pages
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#29]
My 19x slide is off to Battlewerx tomorrow for their MOS cut.  I've had a SCS sitting in the safe for a while now while I waited on a deal.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#30]
Has Trijicon made any announcements that they are releasing an enclosed emitter slide ride?

I'm thinking it's about time I bring my P-01 up to par...
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

$17 dollar plate fails, and you insist that had nothing to do with the dot failing?

That logic is lower tier than that shitty plate you bought.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Well, mine broke while shooting it,  so if it is harbor freight, what is an iron sight that breaks when you bump it into a safe.....its make believe.... cause it doesn't happen/

He's just making shit up to feel better about his chinese dots.
View Quote

I’ve bent front sights on M4s getting into/out of vehicles.

Never damaged an Aimpoint like that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
Has Trijicon made any announcements that they are releasing an enclosed emitter slide ride?

View Quote

People need to stop settling for RMRs and compel them to innovate past 2005 technologies first.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I keep coming back to this thread like a battered woman optic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

People need to stop settling for RMRs and compel them to innovate past 2005 technologies first.
View Quote

I'm not settling for an RMR, I'm trying to see if anything is on the horizon before going with an EPS
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]

I'm not settling for an RMR, I'm trying to see if anything is on the horizon before going with an EPS
View All Quotes

I know triji has something in the works, but that could be days or years. But they need a closed emitter RMR or they are going to fail to get major contracts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

I’ve bent front sights on M4s getting into/out of vehicles.

Never damaged an Aimpoint like that.
View Quote

You use your vehicle as a safe?  That's weird.  

Oh thats right, just another strawman argument from you.

I broke an Aimpoint shooting, but never irons on a rifle....so what does that mean....nothing, just like your anecdote.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#38]

$17 dollar plate fails, and you insist that had nothing to do with the dot failing?

View Quote

Would it be more retarded than banging your sights against your safe until they fall off?

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Who knows.  They are so far behind at this point.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Would it be more retarded than banging your sights against your safe until they fall off?

https://i.imgur.com/Ik8Wujb.png

View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/Ik8Wujb.png

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 6:44:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#41]
Why do some insist Trijicon is behind? They basically got it right from the start (as far as open emitters go). They made the most durable MRDS and have made incremental improvements on it as time has gone by. I do agree they will need to bring to market a closed emitter at some point (and soon) but to say they’re behind the curve is a bit narrow considered they made the curve what it is.

ETA: That they do not release a MRDS with a built in can opener a calculator reticle or some such bullshit isn’t a bad thing. They make a solid MRDS.

Again, I do agree they will need to bring to market a closed emitter (and soon), that being the next plateau.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Crap, bought a RMR yesterday. I just couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#43]

You use your vehicle as a safe?  That's weird.  

Oh thats right, just another strawman argument from you.

I broke an Aimpoint shooting, but never irons on a rifle....so what does that mean....nothing, just like your anecdote.
View Quote

We might need you to post pictures to back up your claim. Need a note in the picture that says BaconFat loves irons.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bandanabandit1:

One poster is certainly stringing the others along.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
View Quote

I'm definitely doing my part

Besides the EPS, what other enclosed emitters are worth checking out?
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:

I only have a few hundred rounds behind it, but the 509T is pretty nice so far.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Back when red dots on rifles were becoming popular, were there this many window lickers and booger eaters trying to deny their efficacy?
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Back when red dots on rifles were becoming popular, were there this many window lickers and booger eaters trying to deny their efficacy?
View Quote

Yes

Using the same arguments
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

I only have a few hundred rounds behind it, but the 509T is pretty nice so far.
View Quote

I have two 509T and they are fantastic. No issues.  I didnt think I would like the EPS more, but I do.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

Yes

Using the same arguments
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Castillo:
Originally Posted By triburst1:

Yes

Using the same arguments

Huh.

I guess none of the 30 years of proven use in combat to gain acceptance on rifles translates when you move them to pistols.
Page / 113
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 80 of 113)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top