Site Notices
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 83 of 113)
Page / 113
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

You are blind AND deaf?

You can hear 6 hits on the plate.  Does a round make a ding when it hits wood?

The round hits the wood post BEHIND the plate and somehow makes a mark on the front of the plate?

Don't give a shit about your results, no USPSA number, you're FOS.  Oh no, someone will know your name!  Talking shit as an anonymous.

View Quote

There is no way that round goes down range if it hits the plate.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#3]
Bullet fragments and jackets go all over the place.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
That XFive is hot. Much nicer than some of the other monstrosities you've put together.
View Quote

Probably not as fast as the iron sighted NAA Pug though
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By S-1:
I can hear the troll mouth breathing from here
View Quote

It is a hell of a lot louder than a bullet hitting a plate.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BaconFat:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

You are blind AND deaf?

You can hear 6 hits on the plate.  Does a round make a ding when it hits wood?

The round hits the wood post BEHIND the plate and somehow makes a mark on the front of the plate?

Don't give a shit about your results, no USPSA number, you're FOS.  Oh no, someone will know your name!  Talking shit as an anonymous.

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
(Not-A-) Pro Tip - Keep a spare battery in your wallet for those unexpected field changes.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SIASL:
(Not-A-) Pro Tip - Keep a spare battery in your wallet for those unexpected field changes.
View Quote

Change the battery once per year on your birthday
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#11]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

He must have an Acro P-1
View All Quotes

DPP and SRO’s. Top loaders and I like leaving them on the high settings so whatever claims of battery life manufacturers like to claim don’t apply for me. I check my EDC everyday and usually more than the once the day of but since I run them pretty much at max setting, I started keeping a spare battery in my wallet just in case.

ETA: I think I’m getting about 3 or 4 months, maybe 5, out of an SRO at either max or -1 setting. I really should write the date in marker on a battery when I change it out. In fact, going to do that in a sec.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

The 8 MOA circle dot is really nice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sjoerdvan:

I was able to grab a green 507 Comp at Kenzie’s optics. I like it a lot!  The  slide is being cut  for it as we speak. Look forward to the range trip when she gets home….

The 8 MOA circle dot is really nice.

I have a 407cO and been thinking of moving it to my competition gun
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#13]

Nope,  It wasn't  once again, you see the round hit down range.  

No wonder you guys shoot like shit, you can't see at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

It was a hit.

Guess you had to find another thing to troll this thread with.

Nope,  It wasn't  once again, you see the round hit down range.  

No wonder you guys shoot like shit, you can't see at all.

After trolling in multiple threads about your "skills"

Have you ever backed it up?

Others in the forum post videos of their shooting and have no ego compared to you
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#14]

I don't have to!  Where I shoot I can hit a dirt clod about 10 steps away with my irons on first or second try. When I tried my friends pistol with a dot it was way slower to get on target, the dot wobbled all over, and it took me three tries to hit the dirt clod. You can post all the so called "evidence" you want but FOR ME it is slower.

Consider the following:
- You don't see police and military using red dots
- Most shootings are at less than 2 yards, you don't even need the sights at that distance
- In high stress situations you don't even use the sights anyways

My friend (who is a CERTIFIED ccw instructor) uses irons and I saw
him drop a squirrel at 23 yards with his revolver. You don't need all this technology to shoot.
View Quote

I don't even know where to start with this guy.

eta: nice edit, bacon
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

Others in the forum post videos of their shooting and have no ego compared to you
View Quote

Well, it's really their lack of skill that I comment on.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#16]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

I don't even know where to start with this guy.

eta: nice edit, bacon
View Quote

Could have been believable, but everyone knows a NRA certified instructor couldn't make a hit a 30 yards.  You flew to close to the sun
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#17]

DPP and SRO’s. Top loaders and I like leaving them on the high settings so whatever claims of battery life manufacturers like to claim don’t apply for me. I check my EDC everyday and usually more than the once the day of but since I run them pretty much at max setting, I started keeping a spare battery in my wallet just in case.

ETA: I think I’m getting about 3 or 4 months, maybe 5, out of an SRO at either max or -1 setting. I really should write the date in marker on a battery when I change it out. In fact, going to do that in a sec.
View Quote

I'm getting 3-5 months on a battery with my DPP about 2/3 of the way up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#18]

Could have been believable, but everyone knows a NRA certified instructor couldn't make a hit a 30 yards.  You flew to close to the sun
View Quote
You are not making any sense?  This was your post before you edited it.  You can't keep your trolling facts straight

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:00:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#19]
You are not making any sense?  This was your post before you edited it.  You can't keep your trolling facts straight

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/IMG_7464_jpeg-2882096.JPG
View Quote

Nope. Never wrote that.  Nice try but you miss as bad as SIASL

Kinda creepy that you would change my post
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Still waiting on you to post up some numbers. Show us you at least have a half-assed idea of what you talk about.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Still waiting on you to post up some numbers. Show us you at least have a half-assed idea of what you talk about.
View Quote

I told you where to find them ..you must have MISSED it
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

No
There will never be a battery or condom in my wallet.
I deserve whatever happens
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Gather the links to the video(s) and post them here so we can all watch.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
SHOW ME THE DATA!
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Question answered
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#26]

View Quote

His post is so wrong it's funny. I've been in a few "high stress situations" where I was super glad I had my dot as it made focusing on the threat significantly easier and the dot was just there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#27]
LMAO "dots? You don't even need sights!" has now entered the chat.

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Suggestions for reading/videos for working on grip/recoil control?

Used my shot timer app this afternoon and splits were in the highs .30s to 40s.

First shot times prove I need more dryfire going Glock to Sig and back at the range probably doesnt help
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#29]

First shot times prove I need more dryfire going Glock to Sig and back at the range probably doesnt help
View Quote

I'm poor so I can't embed but watch this
https://youtu.be/ZYi0SNl0VOo
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#30]
Originally Posted By joglee:

His post is so wrong it's funny. I've been in a few "high stress situations" where I was super glad I had my dot as it made focusing on the threat significantly easier and the dot was just there.
View Quote

That's because I didn't post that.  Creeper Fooboy edit a quote to pretend I did.  You fell for it

He didn't even have the intelligence to copy my writing style
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I haven’t watched a lot of sources but what I've watched and read influenced me to try and make a mold out of my hands. I apply force and try to keep it from hopping around but my main focus is having it return to the same spot it was before. I pinch at the top (torque elbows upwards slightly), push up with my support hand (first one/two fingers), torque up with my strong hand at the web, squeeze the fingers of my strong hand into the grip with my support hand.

Basically try to get it right from the get-go so I’m not fighting to adjust it mid-string. Still working on it but it’s getting there…
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#32]

I’ve never timed myself with irons, having only purchased a shot timer only recently (thanks to 03RN for giving me the nudge I needed). In any case, my experiences using strictly irons, my brain will want to focus either on the front sight or the target. There’s (much, much, muuuuuuch) less conflict when I use a red dot. With a red dot and shooting for speed, I focus strictly on the target. When I time myself for speed, when the red dot registers within my line of sight and on target during presentation, that is to say I’m not looking at the dot itself at all and stay focused the target, I guess I see the dot as one would see something in their peripheral vision. Maybe that’s an accurate way to describe it, not sure but maybe close enough. Slow fire for absolute accuracy is another story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrVLuD5ITE

6 rounds on 8” gong at 21’. Not a great shooter but was happy with my results.
View Quote

Looks like six hits to me. If the shot in question is #2 it looked like it was a burner which went off to the 3 o’clock down range.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#33]

That's because I didn't post that.  Creeper Fooboy edit a quote to pretend I did.  You fell for it

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joglee:

Guy, I don’t know you but I do think you can shoot…*I do think* being operative. The main problem is you post negativity without actually trying to help others (and in turn yourself) and the act is coming off a bit douchey. For instance, my thumb does a lot of movement and was pointed out. I then knew I had something else to work on.

Since that’s the case, I ask you to show video proof to back up your statements. That’s all. You’re probably a cool fellow in real life but your online demeanor allows a lot questionable behavior.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Looks like six hits to me. If the shot in question is #2 it looked like it was a burner which went off to the 3 o’clock down range.
View All Quotes

I’ve never timed myself with irons, having only purchased a shot timer only recently (thanks to 03RN for giving me the nudge I needed). In any case, my experiences using strictly irons, my brain will want to focus either on the front sight or the target. There’s (much, much, muuuuuuch) less conflict when I use a red dot. With a red dot and shooting for speed, I focus strictly on the target. When I time myself for speed, when the red dot registers within my line of sight and on target during presentation, that is to say I’m not looking at the dot itself at all and stay focused the target, I guess I see the dot as one would see something in their peripheral vision. Maybe that’s an accurate way to describe it, not sure but maybe close enough. Slow fire for absolute accuracy is another story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrVLuD5ITE

6 rounds on 8” gong at 21’. Not a great shooter but was happy with my results.

Thank you. It banged off the edge and deflected off to the right. I wouldn’t have called it six shots if I hadn’t checked the gong to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Guy, I don’t know you but I do think you can shoot…*I do think* being operative. The main problem is you post negativity without actually trying to help others (and in turn yourself) and the act is coming off a bit douchey. For instance, my thumb does a lot of movement and was pointed out. I then knew I had something else to work on.

Since that’s the case, I ask you to show video proof to back up your statements. That’s all. You’re probably a cool fellow in real life but your online demeanor allows a lot questionable behavior.
View Quote

I occasionally help others, but really who cares.  Not sure how helping others is going to help me

I know I come off douchey....I mean, not changing someones quote, douchey like Fooboy, that is another level.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]

I occasionally help others, but really who cares.  Not sure how helping others is going to help me

I know I come off douchey....I mean, not changing someones quote, douchey like Fooboy, that is another level.
View All Quotes

Which post number is it? You know it will show if you edited your post.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I know I come off douchey....
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

View Quote

Well that was easy enough.  It was my post #47 on page 82 that he edited

What a shitbag Fooboy is
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#39]

What a shitbag Fooboy is
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#40]

What a shitbag Fooboy is
View All Quotes

What a shitbag Fooboy is

We don’t know if he edited the quote but we do know you edited the post.

What did it say before you edited it?
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BaconFat] [#41]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

We don’t know if he edited the quote but we do know you edited the post.

What did it say before you edited it?
View Quote

You can see when my edits were, they were last night.  Just a few minutes after the initial post and it was to add the scores.

There is no way he could quote me today on something that was posted last night.  Plus Never_A_Wick comments repeating what I wrote.

Fooboy is a shitbag
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#42]

You can see when my edits were, they were last night.  Just a few minutes after the initial post and it was to add the scores.

There is no way he could quote me today on something that was posted last night.  Plus Never_A_Wick comments repeating what I wrote.

Fooboy is a shitbag
View Quote

It's one thing to give him a hard time about shooting in the stone age (irons), but the mock edit is lame... he had the classifiers posted up last night when I looked at that post... nothing about dirt clods.

Also, people either have a short memory or joined this thread late. He posted a GM card something like 50 pages ago.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

It's one thing to give him a hard time about shooting in the stone age (irons), but the mock edit is lame... he had the classifiers posted up last night when I looked at that post... nothing about dirt clods.

Also, people either have a short memory or joined this thread late. He posted a GM card something like 50 pages ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Fooboy is a shitbag

Id have to go back and skim the thread since I was in and out of it a few times. Is this something I can just google image though?

I mean from the multiple threads Ive seen him in, the hard time is well deserved
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Id have to go back and skim the thread since I was in and out of it a few times. Is this something I can just google image though?

I mean from the multiple threads Ive seen him in, the hard time is well deserved
View Quote

I'm all for the hard time.  I don't mind being made fun of for shooting irons, using a cheap plate, using a chinese RDS or any of the things I said....It's fair game, I said them.  

I'm not going to tolerate a scumbag trying to attribute something to me that I did not say.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#45]

I'm all for the hard time.  I don't mind being made fun of for shooting irons, using a cheap plate, using a chinese RDS or any of the things I said....It's fair game, I said them.  

I'm not going to tolerate a scumbag trying to attribute something to me that I did not say.
View All Quotes

Have you ever shot a dirt clod in your life??

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Have you ever shot a dirt clod in your life??

View Quote

I used to compete in the International Dirt Pistol Association.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Newly arrived green dot.
Now to decide what to mill.
Kinda thinking G43
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#48]
New retical, top mount battery, larger buttons and front facing light sensor.

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#49]

That's big news. Any chance you have the other 25 pages of that document?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#50]
The reticule is money.

Price will probably be a lot of money.

I'd love to see a tiny pistol holosight. Works best for my eyes.
Page / 113
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 83 of 113)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top