Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2024 11:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cobalt135]
Had these gloves for about 8 years.  Must have got them right before my 8 years off the bikes because when I pulled them out of the closet the other day they looked mint.  Now that all the fluids are
changed out and ready to ride, between the three bikes have put on about 365 miles in the past week and these gloves are trashed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

What are your picks for a summer short cuff glove?  Want more than just sunburn and blisters from the grips protection.  I mean, you wear them in case you slide down the highway at 75mph right?   Also touch screen compatable is a huge plus.

Heading to Cycle Gear tomorrow and was going to grab these since they seemed to balance the price vs. reviews as not perfect, but not the worst until I get a chance to scope out some other gear.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/alpinestars-smx-1-air-v2-gloves

Link Posted: 6/23/2024 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Some of the Alpinestars fit a bit "narrow" for me, I do have a pair of goretex short ones I like.

Everything else is Dainese, never done me wrong.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My track gloves are AStars but I use Spidi G Carbon gloves for hot weather commuting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty happy with my Klim Induction gloves.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer leather. Been using the aero stitch elk skin gauntlets for 10 years. If you don’t want gauntlets, they have regular length too.

https://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/aerostich-gloves/elkskin-deerskin-gloves
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a pair of Helds  that I really like and wear most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wearing a pair of mechanics gloves. Lately I've been wearing just a normal generic pair of leather work gloves. I think I got them from an oilfield supply store but I'm not real sure.

I wish I could get a normal work glove with a bit of curve built into the palm, and a bit more built-in protection.  I like the longer cuff, and a bit looser fit. It makes it way easier to take on and off. The skin tight gloves get on my nerves.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Dainese
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
COVID destroyed the supply chain for Motoport kevlar racing gloves so now I'm left keeping my current pair going and hunting for used pairs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top