Page / 5111
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Twitter won't even work for me today.  Must have blacklisted my IP
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:
I miss Bagram. The tension doesn't to me either. I invited a buddy to zero his new rifle with me yesterday and he said "Thanks but I have to catch up on work"

I wanted to say "Your work may not be there next week", but I just said "Ok."

It is still a Childs mentality of 'If I close my eyes. it does not exist". Anecdotal data tells me that I am the only person who prepared inside my family and close friends. In fact, I am the only one who owns a flashlight for my guns and a holster.
View Quote

I was at church sunday night, speaking to an old friend of mine, who was there with his wife and FOUR young children. I was discussing the coming election and asked him if he had any kind of contingency plan if things went bad. He just shook his head and said, looking a bit worried "not really." He's extremely conservative christian but he doesn't even own a firearm - he might have a 22 rifle and a .177 pellet gun. I was thinking about it later and texted him that it wasn't true - he does have a contingency plan, and it's me. I'm not a hard charger by any means, but there are SO FEW sheepdogs and so many sheep these days - we have to take care of those who cannot protect themselves.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:

I was at church sunday night, speaking to an old friend of mine, who was there with his wife and FOUR young children. I was discussing the coming election and asked him if he had any kind of contingency plan if things went bad. He just shook his head and said, looking a bit worried "not really." He's extremely conservative christian but he doesn't even own a firearm - he might have a 22 rifle and a .177 pellet gun. I was thinking about it later and texted him that it wasn't true - he does have a contingency plan, and it's me. I'm not a hard charger by any means, but there are SO FEW sheepdogs and so many sheep these days - we have to take care of those who cannot protect themselves.
View Quote

You are right. I will help those that I truly love. Others must bring their own supplies. I have been preaching this shit for a year, and if you did not learn from covid and the riots, then why should I believe a person will learn in the middle of a war.

I was blunt to a family member the other day saying 'you would be more of an anchor than anything else'. I hope they thought about it for a while.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

Marines don’t care what your MOS is.....EVERYONE is a rifleman first........At least on the ground side, the air wing seemed more relaxed but have seen several formation runs by the air wing so doubt they skipped PT totally.

YMMV
View Quote

We had a small Marine detachment when I was at language school. They did pretty much get beat like red-headed step children. For us running during PT consisted mainly of running at your own pace. Not a lot of formation runs. They only timed us during the PT test. Some units required you to beat the passing score by 10% to avoid remedial PT which for me meant an 8:00 minute mile so nothing really difficult.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

Yeah

I’m thinking me getting dates gamble is gonna pay off but hinge will decide...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/306429/732D877E-0854-4B07-9F08-6DA9FDF4917C_jpe-1665201.JPG
View Quote

Jesus fucking Christ!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Bro sometimes I think you need a life coach
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Originally Posted By Action45:
Next 48-72 hours are gonna be very interesting fam

Yep. I gotta go get gas and shit tickets tomorrow.
Good luck. My local stores are sold out of paper products again.

If it gets to the point where I can't buy shit tickets, I'll just shit in the shower and push it down the drain with my toes. You know, waffle stompin'?

Bro sometimes I think you need a life coach

My mommy loves me the way I am.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

In before local judge says they can’t come.😡
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Just some more thoughts about this week
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:32:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#10]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:Marines don’t care what your MOS is.....EVERYONE is a rifleman first........
View Quote

As an 0311 that spent some time with the pogues before I got out, few ideas are more insulting.

I get the theory, and in WWII I'm sure it was accurate, but it sure as hell wasn't in the 90s! Paper pusher Marines weren't even recognizable as actual Marines when I was in...it was like a completely different branch and I was routinely embarrassed for them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]

You are right. I will help those that I truly love. Others must bring their own supplies. I have been preaching this shit for a year, and if you did not learn from covid and the riots, then why should I believe a person will learn in the middle of a war.

I was blunt to a family member the other day saying 'you would be more of an anchor than anything else'. I hope they thought about it for a while.
View Quote

Had a family gathering two weeks ago.

One family member asked if I had a AR to sell. Then follows up saying he believes we are already in a civil war.

Then asked me why I have all my gear.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mb300sd:
Found a selfie from last night

https://i.imgur.com/iPFw8xAl.jpg

Thought about wearing my night vision and taking the foam rifle from my gun case, glad I didn't. Was actually a horrible experience because I couldn't get into my pockets and lost my credit card, phone, and phone charger. Thankfully the first 2 turned up.
View Quote

That should be your avatar pic.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]

I've seen men spit a dick out that looked less gay than that.
View All Quotes

Yeah

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/306429/732D877E-0854-4B07-9F08-6DA9FDF4917C_jpe-1665201.JPG

Jesus fucking Christ!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/45/83/9645835f31b9aacaeb45044559c69a07.gif

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Jesus fucking Christ!
View All Quotes

Yeah

Jesus fucking Christ!

I hear ya. Cut offs shit the bed by the mid 80's. I liked them for water skiing, Jet ski stuff. Kept the 40mph+ enema to a minimum. I had one 50 mph fuck up wearing "trunks".... ONE.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#18]

She just says that. When she raised you to bring home the bacon, she didn't mean after a date.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

She just says that. When she raised you to bring home the bacon, she didn't mean after a date.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By zach_:

I hear ya. Cut offs shit the bed by the mid 80's. I liked them for water skiing, Jet ski stuff. Kept the 40mph+ enema to a minimum. I had one 50 mph fuck up wearing "trunks".... ONE.
View Quote

Oof!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
I can see the MSM headlines tomorrow.  Trump building a wall around the White House to make it harder to throw him out when Biden wins Tues.
View Quote

They're already making that comment in the Tweets.

It's as if no one has seen the retake the White House flyers, or they're pretending it doesn't exist like they do with Antifa.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Yeah

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my official word today that I'm to be armed until a yet-to-be-determined future date.  I know of several HSLD types that are on standby all week.  

I pray for peace and civility.  I suspect in some more urban settings that prayer is going to go unanswered.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:
I guess this retard hasn't been watching the riots every night. He is BLM afterall.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:
Got my official word today that I'm to be armed until a yet-to-be-determined future date.  I know of several HSLD types that are on standby all week.  

I pray for peace and civility.  I suspect in some more urban settings that prayer is going to go unanswered.
View Quote

Are you LEO, .mil, or did the order come from your wife?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Uh oh... Someone filed a report on me.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kommissar89] [#30]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:

I saw the same thing in the Army.

There were a lot more "gun guys" in my Inf units, but most didn't shoot expert.

However, in the support unit marksmanship was REALLY poor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

As an 0311 that spent some time with the pogues before I got out, few ideas are more insulting.

I get the theory, and in WWII I'm sure it was accurate, but it sure as hell wasn't in the 90s! Paper pusher Marines weren't even recognizable as actual Marines when I was in...it was like a completely different branch and I was routinely embarrassed for them.

I saw the same thing in the Army.

There were a lot more "gun guys" in my Inf units, but most didn't shoot expert.

However, in the support unit marksmanship was REALLY poor.

Not surprising. I spent 2 years training for my MOS but shooting wasn't part of it. I had experience with an AR-15 before I joined and I qualified Expert in Basic but then never fired a weapon again in 4 years except for one range session with the Germans firing their G3s. Just wasn't part of what we did. When I got to the Reserves they handed me an ancient M16A1 and one of those 25m simulated targets with all the different size "Ivans" and just enough ammo to zero and qualify. That was the extent of our marksmanship training. They had some extra .45 ammo so I borrowed a 1911A1 from an LT and qualified expert on pistol too just for fun.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I've thought all along there would be plans toward attempting to ensure a true and fair election, which would not be released until the last minute to prevent leftist counter measures. That said, I'm not sure this is not enough. I eagerly await any further announcements, and celebrating the victory of my beloved president's reelection.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

She's just trying not to hurt your feelz.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Had a family gathering two weeks ago.

One family member asked if I had a AR to sell. Then follows up saying he believes we are already in a civil war.

Then asked me why I have all my gear.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

LEO.  My wife?  Well, she'd rather I just walked away from the whole LEO world and just be a warrior in a garden.  And I will soon, but not this week.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
I miss Bagram. The tension doesn't to me either. I invited a buddy to zero his new rifle with me yesterday and he said "Thanks but I have to catch up on work"

I wanted to say "Your work may not be there next week", but I just said "Ok."

It is still a Childs mentality of 'If I close my eyes. it does not exist". Anecdotal data tells me that I am the only person who prepared inside my family and close friends. In fact, I am the only one who owns a flashlight for my guns and a holster.

I have been thinking about this a lot since the covid shut downs. One of my sisters is on the far left. She homeschools her kids and has a very large garden at her house in a nice sprawling neighborhood fairly car from any population centers. As much as we disagree on things, I realized that if she shows up on my door step with her husband and my nieces, I would have no choice but to welcome them and fight for them. If it came to that, I would think the redpilling would be UGE, but you never know. I am hoping to be one of those people that's far enough away from the major urban areas that there will be no issues, but I also know that crazy people live everywhere. I will be keeping a sharp eye on the entrance to my neighborhood and may take a walk and have a chat with the few LEOs up the street. If all goes to hell, I have a fallback position at a friends and most of my gear is ready to grab and go. As I look at my neighbors, I can't help but notice how unprepared most of them are. Strange times we are in squad. I said it before and I will keep saying it. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

View All Quotes

Maybe that's why she says "bless your heart" to me all the time when we talk.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

If you cant be safe, be deadly.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#41]

I am done.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#42]

I am done.
View Quote

Well that was a pointed article.

It really stuck.

I bet he was really crossed.

I hope he left a tip.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#43]

It really stuck.

I hope he left a tip.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#44]

It really stuck.

I hope he left a tip.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Did we do this already? It appears to be geared toward riding us of mindless SES employees that Obama burrowed in like ticks before he left. There is lots of REEEEEEEEEE to be had over it.  

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-creating-schedule-f-excepted-service/

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 3301, 3302, and 7511 of title...

https://fcw.com/articles/2020/10/21/trump-schedule-f-civil-service.aspx

The Oct. 21 executive order looks to reshape the competitive service by allowing agencies to reclassify policy jobs under a new schedule and give senior managers greater flexibility in hiring candidates and firing employees.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Images have, essentially, a digital signature. Change the image and maybe you can get past the filter algorithms.
In this pic, you can tell it's Hunter Biden, but the digital signature of the image is quite different than the original.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/143025/hunterMod-1665345.png
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JCoop:

scanned me in real time as I was trying to upload it and denied me by the time the upload was done.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/331455/Capture_JPG-1665117.JPG
Images have, essentially, a digital signature. Change the image and maybe you can get past the filter algorithms.
In this pic, you can tell it's Hunter Biden, but the digital signature of the image is quite different than the original.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/143025/hunterMod-1665345.png

It does, but the software doesn't care. Tineye matches that picture up without any problem to various pictures around the internet that don't have the extra markings.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#48]
?? Watch LIVE: President Trump Holds Make America Great Again Rally in Scranton, PA 11/2/20

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#49]

It really stuck.

I hope he left a tip.

View Quote
So sad. The guy was such a straight arrow...
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Copenhagen?  Wtf?!?

Grizzly wintergreen
View Quote

he had it right, real men dip Cope
Page / 5111
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top