Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5114
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I thought "taste the rainbow" was the designated flag....

View Quote

I think this represents what they're trying to shove down our throats:

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Received from a military friend tonight. With his permission, I am sharing with you guys. Feel free to pass it on, if you think it will help anyone to understand things going on around them. Hopefully, he and others will continue to contribute.

Military theory at its finest

Good Evening, below is my  uneducated and probably “poor” attempt to drop some military theory on you that may shed some perspective on the happenings and what needs to occur.  This thing has been staring me right in the face and aligns neatly with a lot of the similar postings we see on counterinsurgency thread.  What I am going to describe here in summary could easily be broken into several doctoral level programs...so this is somewhat of a rabbit hole...we can discuss aspects in more detail if there is interest in a specific topic.

TLDR?  Silly anon...this is Clausewitz.

Part 1

Clausewitzian Triangle (or trinity):

Below is a brief synopsis of Carl Von Clausewitz and what he described as the trinity that makes up conflict. Clausewitz was a Prussian General who fought in the Napoleonic wars and whose real contribution was his Treatise “On War”.  While a tough read that is not the most well structured and could be confused as random musings, this work has become the foundation of modern military theory and his theories are still taught to this day.  His famous maxim of “war is an extension of politics by other means” was ground breaking in that it recognized conflict as a struggle between states, societies, and peoples...not just two armies clashing on the battlefield.

Here is a brief look at his overall theories and how it contrasts to more conventional or tactical level theories.  In this case Jomini...an argument can be made that most of the American military has been dumbed down to prefer the straight forward input/output style of Jominis theories.  The contrast can be found in the below graphic:

In building on his theory of “war being an extension of politics”...meaning political conflict and military conflict are on the same spectrum, Clausewitz describes a triangle that makes up three interactive forces that drive the events of war.  In summary these 3 forces are made up of:
1. primordial violence, hatred, emotion (people).  The people are generally driven by emotional responses and immediate needs or reactions to those needs.
2. Chance, probability, and resources (military).  This area is more directly related to the input/output scenarios and are much more controlled...think training, equipping, etc...the better you do these things the higher chance for success.
3. Subordination, pure reason, policy (government).  Governments in general act and react in pure logical form, with the end goal always being the furtherance of that government and ensuring subordination to it.

Presumably, any two can overpower the third and force its submission.  More on this in part 3.

See below graphic as this sums up the interactive nature of these forces:

For some additional academic reading, the below link can give further insight and translations in the matter:

https://www.clausewitz.com/readings/Bassford/Trinity/TrinityTeachingNote.htm
TEACHING THE CLAUSEWITZIAN TRINITY
A 'teaching note' for instructors preparing to teach students about Carl von Clausewitz's famous concept of the 'trinity' of war.
Part 2

Clausewitzian triangle in an insurgency:

Taking consideration of this triad further, it should be considered that a macro view might involve a large triangle (perhaps a nation) which is then made up of smaller triangles.  On a micro view this might be a town which exists primarily in the people category, but maintains a triangle with government and military as well.  And this municipal triangle could be made up of smaller triangles all the way down to individual level.

Within the large triangle, it is conceivable then to have smaller triangles that are in conflict with each other.  I believe this is where we have seen the cold civil war play out in various forms over the last few years in various venues (physical and online).

Basic counter insurgency theory suggests that if these smaller triangles are allowed to grow and combine, they could eventually consume and become larger than the macro triangle they were a part of.  It is why it is critical to governments especially to ensure that insurgent elements are not allowed to fester. It is also notable that efforts in totalitarian regimes are actively taken to isolate the military from the people to prevent an insurgency.

Eventually, a successful insurgency will develop an equivalent on one or more points of the macro triangle and ultimately, fighting for control of the society as a whole.  An example of this is captured below:

While the above holds true, I believe what we are seeing may actually be a three sided paradox where there are two elements arrayed fighting an insurgency for the nation.  More on that below.

Part 3

The urgent-counterinsurgency-insurgent (or now that my head hurts what do I do?)

Since November, we have witnessed the result of a successful insurgency not unlike what I just described above.  Smaller pockets working in unison to grow larger and achieve influence over the population.  Interestingly enough, they did it with the appearance of support of the people, but we know better...so we are seeing an unbalanced coups that has the government as its sole backer.

This presents an imbalance (and anomaly of historic proportions) and explains the desperation and speed at which they are attempting to change things.  We should remember that in the cold logic of governments, nothing is off the table as long as it ensures the continuation of government.

I will touch on it here but it should be noted that many other parts of the triad have been warped due to the soft coups that has been going on over the past 50 years.  The psy-op campaign and fiscal policies have eroded otherwise clean lines and made it so that the government holds its finger to the scale constantly.

With the above as a pretext, it is clear that the counter insurgents have become the insurgents and we are seeing irregular warfare being played out on a grand scale.  And as such, efforts to form and grow the right ideologies triangles of influence should be underway if success is to be realized.

The unique nature of this conflict is it has not yet gone fully kinetic, with primarily shows of force and being fought on an international battle space of communities, online, and in the workspace.  The next and only logical play that will come naturally for the current residents of the government will be to move quickly to purge insurgent elements from everywhere in society.  The right often bemoaned the entrenched nature of the left but I believe the left will find the right equally well entrenched.

It should be noted that the American military has for the most part stayed out of the conflict and remained neutral.  The marginalization of the military class (yes...there is one) has had its effect and this was most likely part of some nefarious globalist initiatives taken on post WWII.  This does not mean they won’t get involved, but will only happen if forced to make a choice or a public outcry is heard.

Which brings us to actions that need to happen now if anyone on the right is serious about doing more than hiding out hoping this storm will pass by.

The small triangles or “pockets” exist within the government, people, and military.  We know this.  The first natural step is to form these pockets into larger ones and build bonds across the different corners of the triangle.  The link between military and civilian is critical and efforts must be made to not let a wedge be driven between those two.  This wedge is already being planted with the extremist witch-hunt...but it is clear the people are not buying it.
With the need for a wedge in mind, it is clear the government does not have one and will need to create one.  It is why it is imperative that the people do not react irrationally or jump at the first sign of an affront.  The Capitol incident failed because the people remained disciplined and they did not get the result they wanted.  I believe the perception (in alignment with this theory) is that the people will be easily manipulated.  The curve-ball that will win this thing is the discipline of the people.

If the people remain disciplined in their actions, the governments increasing purges will become more and more desperate, taking a harder stance towards the military and forcing that choice.  Also remember that desperation will cause the outcry.  Alternatively, if there is an erratic reaction from the people, it may tip the military’s hand the other way.

Lastly, I believe it is important to keep the pockets of resistance embedded. Do not underestimate the value of an IRS auditor who has had enough of critical race theory being rammed down his throat and is now examining your returns.  Resistance can be achieved on many levels.  It is important for all involved to not let themselves be drawn out or draw others out until the right time.  Don’t quit your day job just yet.

In short, the if the ideological right wants to succeed, it needs to:
-Build relationships (they want you divided-heard that before?) and increase the size of the triangle.
-Work to bring in more like minded individuals at every level.  Recruit and groom talent, indoctrinate, and ensure your people get elected/promoted.  All of this is to exert influence over whatever organization they are within.
-Build and maintain the relationship with those military personnel you know.  The military comes from the people and that bond cannot be cut.  Make them remember where they came from.
-Don’t fall prey to the psy-ops being waged.  “They” are dependent on you to be part of the passionate violent mob that is easily controlled.
-Keep money local and flowing where it is best served.  Economic strain will cause panics (see GameStop) that will awaken more of the population.

Hope this helps give you all some perspective.  Keep cool, keep your head down, and keep pressing the advance.
End transmission
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:20:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: adobewalls] [#7]
It's been over 25 years since I read Clausewitz and Jomini.  What I remember...

Clausewitz:  Find the Schwerpunkt and destroy it.

Jomini: the first to say, "hit them where they ain't."

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuXn9CRWYAIbTHo?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
"Report back to work or you will be considered to have abandoned your position."  See how easy that is?  Of course the Board of "Supervisors" here are worthless Dem cucks, except for one guy from Great Falls..
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:42:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#9]
OIS in Seattle:

Audio: https://garchives1.broadcastify.com/29351/20210216/202102162318-276325-29351.mp3

There's some angry chatter on social media, but it's probably too late and too cold for most of the comrades.

ETA: KOMO FB feed: https://www.facebook.com/KOMONews/videos/249603040144548

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By djohn:
OIS in Seattle:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuaANzRVgAMXl6d?format=png&name=small

Audio: https://garchives1.broadcastify.com/29351/20210216/202102162318-276325-29351.mp3

There's some angry chatter on social media, but it's probably too late and too cold for most of the comrades.

View Quote

PIO?  Public Information Officer?     I'm sure they were very helpful with the kife.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:33:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, these are some mask Nazis.  Holy shit California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzwWUAhXqmA

View Quote

That warms my heart to see that. My pure hate and contempt for maskers is almost on par with politicians at this point.

Also, not for one second should anyone doubt that the mask fags in that video wouldn't think twice about killing the opposition if the gov and TV told them to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

It was probably too much and smells toast now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

Someone is going to have a meltdown or it already happened...
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

It was probably too much and smells toast now.

Fuck all y'all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By djohn:
OIS in Seattle:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuaANzRVgAMXl6d?format=png&name=small

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By adobewalls:
It's been over 25 years since I read Clausewitz and Jomini.  What I remember...

Clausewitz:  Find the Schwerpunkt and destroy it.

Jomini: the first to say, "hit them where they ain't."

View Quote
I think Sun Tsu beat him to that by a thousand or so years.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: adobewalls] [#15]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
I think Sun Tsu beat him to that by a thousand or so years.
View Quote

Oops, your right.

When I think of Sun Tsu, I think about his opening story about creating an army from the emperor's concubines.  I usually tell that story when coaching an up and coming engineer to let him know sometimes you've got to fire a couple of incompetents to get the rest of the organization's attention.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By adobewalls:

Oops, your right.

When I think of Sun Tsu, I think about his opening story about creating an army from the emperor's concubines.  I usually tell that story when coaching an up and coming engineer to let him know sometimes you've got to fire a couple of incompetents to get the rest of the organization's attention.
View Quote
And I had forgotten about the army of the emperor's concubines.  The emperor must have been a busy guy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Good Morning Riot Squad
Long time no howdy.
Well, in the dark for now. Looks like the blackouts are getting shorter. "Power on" seems to be 2.5 hours at this point. Got another 2" of snow last night. I guess tonight is the potential ice storm as a grand finale to the polar porking we are getting. Pool is forked. Looks like the filter, pump, valves, and the pvc artwork to make it happen have all burst. Everything was good till the first 8 hour blackout. The dogs have really enjoyed lounging with us. Coffee would be great right now........
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

His kids are already telling our politicians what to do.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By zach_:
Good Morning Riot Squad
Long time no howdy.
Well, in the dark for now. Looks like the blackouts are getting shorter. "Power on" seems to be 2.5 hours at this point. Got another 2" of snow last night. I guess tonight is the potential ice storm as a grand finale to the polar porking we are getting. Pool is forked. Looks like the filter, pump, valves, and the pvc artwork to make it happen have all burst. Everything was good till the first 8 hour blackout. The dogs have really enjoyed lounging with us. Coffee would be great right now........
View Quote

Sorry about the pool. Hopefully you and the dogs got coffee.

Hang in there spring is around the corner.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

My brushstroke cryes are finally on their way. And the Qore pads I was supposed to get for christmas. Soon, I'll be ready to slot all the floppies.
View Quote

Do they put knee pads on the capris pants?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#26]

This has some spice potential.

ETA: Typical BLM spouting BS imaginary facts.
View Quote

If facts are racist does it make them racist for using facts*
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#27]
RED ALERT: Food Supply Chain Shutting Down as Blackouts Spread - Grand Solar Minimum
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

That warms my heart to see that. My pure hate and contempt for maskers is almost on par with politicians at this point.

Also, not for one second should anyone doubt that the mask fags in that video wouldn't think twice about killing the opposition if the gov and TV told them to.
View Quote

Can they try?  Gas is getting expensive and it’s 42 mi each way to the range.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

If facts are racist does it make them racist for using facts*
View Quote

Hmmm, valid point. The left seems to get tangled in their own BS a lot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#39]

That minimum penalty for violations, is likely to change how some unknown percentage of people react to certain individuals showing up at their door.

ETA: Imposing a minimum prison time for possession of an unregistered (and unmodified) Ruger 10/22, that is more severe than the current maximum time for possession of an unregistered machine gun, is likely to change how people react to a lot of things.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Not really all that surprising.  Democrats took the 'some people did some things' position (on matters involving different cultural norms), some time ago, and that can be applied to more than one different cultural norm.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

View Quote

Yeah, everybody knew it, but dems wouldn't admit it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/biden-administration-wont-prejudge-attack-iraq-iran-speculation

Wonder how much money Comrade Xiden has already promised or given Iran that they can use to kill American military and contractors?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#47]

SMDH
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By zach_:
Good Morning Riot Squad
Long time no howdy.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about the pool
Page / 5114
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top