Originally Posted By Doodles:

GALACTIC ?

EXTRA EPIC ?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Lol. If true, then this thread will need a new button but I'm not sure what's beyond EPIC.

GALACTIC ?

EXTRA EPIC ?

ORGASMIC!
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 36trap:

ORGASMIC!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Fight from earlier today

View Quote

outstanding.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Yep. Saw your post. I never hear about these things going down. Haven't seen anything in Loveland,  just the Berthoud ass whooping that Smith gave out via horses
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By ecgRN:

Fort Collins.

Yep. Saw your post. I never hear about these things going down. Haven't seen anything in Loveland,  just the Berthoud ass whooping that Smith gave out via horses

Back the Blue Rally in Loveland this Saturday. I don't know any details yet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]

That's my MEME! lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:

Back the Blue Rally in Loveland this Saturday. I don't know any details yet.
View Quote

I'll see what happens
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daveo] [#7]
Beruit Boogaloo LIVE from another thread....Looks pretty bad!

Beirut explosion: Protests continue as anger grows over deadly blast | FULL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_Bx0UOslM
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 36trap:

ORGASMIC!
View Quote

Hella button, 'specially if @GreasyEasy keeps posting up hot, kitted out and camo'd up Glow Boi photos.    
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:41:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#14]
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

I'm still putting it together.  First time I've ever assembled an upper, and I'm getting a little frustrated at the moment.  

Bear in mind, I'm calling it a BORTAC tribute merely because it is all FDE and kind of looks like what they were carrying.

ETA:  Holy shit, I've clearly missed a lot going on this thread since yesterday afternoon.  Need to go back and read some more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
Hey, anyone remember who the member was that said he was building a BORTAC tribute rifle? Said maybe he'd dry assemble it and post pics. Whatever happened with that? I gots some monies burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm still putting it together.  First time I've ever assembled an upper, and I'm getting a little frustrated at the moment.  

Bear in mind, I'm calling it a BORTAC tribute merely because it is all FDE and kind of looks like what they were carrying.

ETA:  Holy shit, I've clearly missed a lot going on this thread since yesterday afternoon.  Need to go back and read some more.
IM me if you have any questions. I've lost count on the number of uppers and full rifles I have built or helped people build. @motormouth
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah... no less than lethal, less lethal, or non lethal in my inventory. When they force me to choose between my life and theirs, there is no choice, only decision and action.

Won't stop them cuz they woke and they mad... Some of them seem content to make that sacrifice to further their cause.

Some of us need to find that contentment to protect what we have as a way of life. Some have come to realize this is the ending we are heading towards, or are well on their way to that same realization.

This isn't what any of us want, despite the words oft spoke or typed. This is however what I have come to believe will be necessary.

A lot of us "normies" have worn the uniform in service to our nation and our fellow citizens. We understood then what it meant to take that oath.

"All enemies, foreign AND domestic" is what it says. God knows I never ever contemplated the domestic before this nonsense happened. I'm damn sure contemplating it now.

God help us, and bless us all.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mb300sd:
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I saw a Toyota tundra near south hill/Graham, WA yesterday that had BLM decals on the sides and "activist" with the fist logo on the front doors.

Dude was in a parking lot rummaging around in the bed(truck had a canopy on it).  I'm not sure if the dude was a poser/larper or if he was some kind of organizer.  It seemed weird to me that they'd have stuff out in the open like that (if it's legit)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81g6wtQXpJL._AC_SY879_.jpg   https://i.imgur.com/tSotYEL.jpg
The Marines have landed and the penis is well in hand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I saw a Toyota tundra near south hill/Graham, WA yesterday that had BLM decals on the sides and "activist" with the fist logo on the front doors.

Dude was in a parking lot rummaging around in the bed(truck had a canopy on it).  I'm not sure if the dude was a poser/larper or if he was some kind of organizer.  It seemed weird to me that they'd have stuff out in the open like that (if it's legit)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81g6wtQXpJL._AC_SY879_.jpg   https://i.imgur.com/tSotYEL.jpg

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Meanwhile in Lebanon:  Good vs Evil

Beirut explosion: Protests continue as anger grows over deadly blast | FULL

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#19]
https://www.rt.com/news/497514-russian-rescue-team-beirut/

Death toll well over 200 and over 5000 injuries of varying severity, still climbing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

outstanding.
View Quote

hells to the yes. Those damn commies got rolled. They should stick to downtown where cops/lib pols will keep them safe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah... no less than lethal, less lethal, or non lethal in my inventory. When they force me to choose between my life and theirs, there is no choice, only decision and action.

Won't stop them cuz they woke and they mad... Some of them seem content to make that sacrifice to further their cause.

Some of us need to find that contentment to protect what we have as a way of life. Some have come to realize this is the ending we are heading towards, or are well on their way to that same realization.

This isn't what any of us want, despite the words oft spoke or typed. This is however what I have come to believe will be necessary.

A lot of us "normies" have worn the uniform in service to our nation and our fellow citizens. We understood then what it meant to take that oath.

"All enemies, foreign AND domestic" is what it says. God knows I never ever contemplated the domestic before this nonsense happened. I'm damn sure contemplating it now.

God help us, and bless us all.
View Quote

I concur.

No one in their right mind would want what's coming, but it's coming whether we like it or not.
It's not our choice. It is being forced upon us.

Reporting for duty

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#23]

outstanding.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Fight from earlier today

outstanding.

That was fucking spectacular!!!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
Meanwhile in Lebanon:  Good vs Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_Bx0UOslM

View Quote

Sorry but I'm confused here.  Who is good and who is evil here?
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#25]
IM me if you have any questions. I've lost count on the number of uppers and full rifles I have built or helped people build. @motormouth
View All Quotes
Hey, anyone remember who the member was that said he was building a BORTAC tribute rifle? Said maybe he'd dry assemble it and post pics. Whatever happened with that? I gots some monies burning a hole in my pocket.

The muzzle device is giving me fits.  I can't seem to get it indexed right.  Crush washer, shims, wrenches (torque & standard), and a reaction rod all on hand.  Perhaps I'm being too timid with it for fear of fucking something up.

Going to give it another go this afternoon, and if it's a no go, I'll take it to the local gun plumber to wrench that bit on.  I need to have him check the headspace anyway.

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Guys MAGA is such an awesome man at heart.  Must watch!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]

The muzzle device is giving me fits.  I can't seem to get it indexed right.  Crush washer, shims, wrenches (torque & standard), and a reaction rod all on hand.  Perhaps I'm being too timid with it for fear of fucking something up.

Going to give it another go this afternoon, and if it's a no go, I'll take it to the local gun plumber to wrench that bit on.  I need to have him check the headspace anyway.

View All Quotes

If you have a reaction rod you aren't going to hurt the barrel and extension! Post or send me a pic of the muzzle device with crush washer only in place but NOT tight. I have never shimmed and used a washer so I am interested to see what you are facing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I see your confusion and grant you a conditional opportunity to pass go anyway, to reach Christian vs jihadi extremist. Unfortunately, like most ME countries, there is a lot of overlap, swirling and nebulous connections of political grift, Corporate theft and Hezbollah/Hamas infiltration in'shallah that makes confusion the rule, rather than the exception. I'm ever hopeful though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#30]

View Quote

I know that feeling. Some crush washers are harder than others.

My goto crush washers are Yankee Hill. They seem softer and make it easier to time the FH.

If you are in doubt use a torque wrench and set it to 30 Ft/Lbs.
If the FH is not in time not exceeding 30 Ft/Lbs try a different washer. JM2C

Edit: I've also said screw it and just wrenched it in time.

Edit: Could be the barrel threads and shoulder verses FH thread depth also. I ran into that on a FN barrel. The shoulder was slightly farther back than standard.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Love me some dogs, like @kbi loves his kitties.

This is just beautiful!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Guys MAGA is such an awesome man at heart.  Must watch!!!

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Not going to lie that made me cry
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#36]
That's my President! Great clip!
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#37]
If you have a reaction rod you aren't going to hurt the barrel and extension! Post or send me a pic of the muzzle device with crush washer only in place but NOT tight. I have never shimmed and used a washer so I am interested to see what you are facing.
View All Quotes

Okay, I just snapped a quick pic of it.

The crush washer is in place, without any shims, and it is cranked down.  I'll get it loosened up , and send you an IM when I start back into working on it later this afternoon.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#38]

My goto crush washers are Yankee Hill. They seem softer and make it easier to time the FH.

View Quote

I was reading somewhere online that suggested pre-crushing the crush washer in a vice, complete with the caveat that you might crush it too much to properly index the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#40]

I was reading somewhere online that suggested pre-crushing the crush washer in a vice, complete with the caveat that you might crush it too much to properly index the muzzle device.
View Quote

I've seen that done. I've noticed once the washer starts to crush it becomes slightly easier. Like it gives.

I've also sanded one down to make it thinner.

It's always something. I think I've only had 1 perfect build.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/175509/IMG_1993-1539111.jpg

The crush washer is in place, without any shims, and it is cranked down.  I'll get it loosened up , and send you an IM when I start back into working on it later this afternoon.  
View Quote

Have you tried flipping it over?  Looks like a be a beveled end on the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Edit: Could be the barrel threads and shoulder verses FH thread depth also. I ran into that on a FN barrel. The shoulder was slightly farther back than standard.
View Quote

Wrenching it on isn't going to hurt anything if you have the barrel clamped well and still have depth to the crush washer. Recommended torque for a grade 2 5/8 coarse threaded bolt is 73 ft-lbs, and it only goes up from there. Barrels are fine threaded and much better than grade 2 steel.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Wrenching it on isn't going to hurt anything if you have the barrel clamped well and still have depth to the crush washer. Recommended torque for a grade 2 5/8 coarse threaded bolt is 73 ft-lbs, and it only goes up from there. Barrels are fine threaded and much better than grade 2 steel.
View Quote

Good points. I will definitely put that in the knowledge bank.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dog1:

View All Quotes

Dog rescue videos always get to me. Likewise with videos of people coming home from a deployment and meeting their dogs.

Like this puppy I slept in a drawer for a few days. I was born a couple weeks early and my parents didn't have a crib. They swear they took the drawer out of the dresser first, but out of sight, out of mind.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moochin] [#46]
View Quote

Ugh, the soyboys would be considered 'Ergi' (Unmanly more or less) in norse society and likely enslaved.

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mr_Mowett:

Dog rescue videos always get to me. Likewise with videos of people coming home from a deployment and meeting their dogs.

Like this puppy I slept in a drawer for a few days. I was born a couple weeks early and my parents didn't have a crib. They swear they took the drawer out of the dresser first, but out of sight, out of mind.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Mowett:

My retired sister spends every day transporting dogs now and my wife gives about $10k a year to a local rescue group.  Unreal how many homeless/lost dogs there are in our area.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 3:58:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Mowett] [#48]

My retired sister spends every day transporting dogs now and my wife gives about $10k a year to a local rescue group.  Unreal how many homeless/lost dogs there are in our area.
View Quote

Good for them. I've returned a few lost dogs over the years where I just happened upon them while driving, but I bet if I went out looking for them there would be plenty more. It's tricky where I live now, though, since there are a lot of people who let their dogs roam the streets. These dogs are not lost; they're just hanging out in the road like Antifa.

ETA: You see how I brought it back to rioters at the end? That makes this entire discussion about dogs officially on-topic for the thread.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

How far off timing is that shot?
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:16:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MotorMouth] [#50]

View All Quotes

I'd say about 120*

ETA: In about an hour or two, I'm going to put it on the reaction rod and do the tighten it down, back it off, tighten, loosen it, ad naseum thing that I was reading about.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top