BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By djohn:

View Quote

Gah.  It's on a loop and I can't seem to stop watching it.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Really close to home. Really close.
View Quote

Shit, He's a straight line from me. And 15 miles closer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Freedom machine

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0712_jpg-1635076.JPG

CD
View Quote

those stryrofoam cups are bad for the environment
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

I think his will go down as the most recorded murder in history
View Quote

concur
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Foolish_Mortal:
View Quote

stolen./
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#7]

View Quote

L also has a YouTube Vid chronicling the whole day following the BGM/Antifa agitator.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

fucked up, sad, but also neat....photographically.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been thinking about Lee getting shot - and while this IS TOTALLY monday morning quaterbacking - and I'm certainly not blaming anyone (other than the murderer) - but it occurs to me while it's normal and frankly recommended to "create space" (space = time) in a self defense scenario, it was creating that space -- Lee stepping back and retreating - that allowed the murderer the time and space to draw & fire.  I can't help but wonder if Lee had gone against his (and most of ours) instinct and instead had moved into his attacker to grapple if the outcome might have been more in his favor.  

Sadly, we won't know.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
I better hold on to it till I can get better gear. I knew that thing on the left was old and wasn't gonna get it. But figured it looked kinda cool. I noticed some of the newer helment had rails on the side. Is there anyway to add that to my helmet.

What is a rough estimate on value on those 3 items used?

you're right about it being bulky and heavy
View Quote

A PASGT vest is better than no armor at all and will stop small caliber pistol rounds and some 9mm jhp and probably buckshot as well. It would be good for a handout if you're conscripting people to help defend your community or whatever. The other gear is decent military surplus that I would totally wear if TSHTF. Get some plates for your IOTV. If you want lightweight ones try to find the new UHMWPE level 3+ with a ceramic strike face.
PASGT vest = $50-100
ACH helmet = $100
IOTV with kevlar = $200-300
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
I've been thinking about Lee getting shot - and while this IS TOTALLY monday morning quaterbacking - and I'm certainly not blaming anyone (other than the murderer) - but it occurs to me while it's normal and frankly recommended to "create space" (space = time) in a self defense scenario, it was creating that space -- Lee stepping back and retreating - that allowed the murderer the time and space to draw & fire.  I can't help but wonder if Lee had gone against his (and most of ours) instinct and instead had moved into his attacker to grapple if the outcome might have been more in his favor.  

Sadly, we won't know.
View Quote

Like Jimmy Hoffa said, "rush a gun, run from a knife."
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Sadly, we won't know.
View Quote

There are two paths to take with this. One is to close with and hamper the shooters movements, take him to the ground and deny him a chance to reorient. The other is to move off axis and deny him the opportunity to get a target. You still have to close with, but it denies him a chance to get a shot. Not a lot of folks know how to employ a contact shot. Certainly, Lee would have stood a chance with the shooter in a ground game or slug fest. Just some point to think about.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:

A PASGT vest is better than no armor at all and will stop small caliber pistol rounds and some 9mm jhp and probably buckshot as well. It would be good for a handout if you're conscripting people to help defend your community or whatever. The other gear is decent military surplus that I would totally wear if TSHTF. Get some plates for your IOTV. If you want lightweight ones try to find the new UHMWPE level 3+ with a ceramic strike face.
PASGT vest = $50-100
ACH helmet = $100
View Quote

I would venture to say those prices could be doubled in the current environment. You used to be able to find helmets for that price all day, and now there is almost none to be found. Lots are going to the riots if you pay attention, so its not just one side that is equipping for something.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By dbmers:
Driving through Tombstone today. There’s no doubt who they are for.

Trump/Pence banners everywhere

Went to a place called Whitewater Draw.  Sandhill Crane migration.  This is a Northern Harrier.

https://i.imgur.com/c23G0Zc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/14kRTvZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5EMfP96.jpg

View Quote

Very nice.  What camera, lens, and settings were used on the first shot?

@dbmers
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Sadly, we won't know.
View Quote

Lee was trying to deescalate and didn't want to fight. If he had known he was in a fight then he wouldn't have backed away. (most likely)
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Woo!  Post 200 will commemorate my first lefty troll in the twitterverse, who has take umbrage at our referring to Keltner as a patriot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Like Jimmy Hoffa said, "rush a gun, run from a knife."
View Quote

that. pretty much.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

There are two paths to take with this. One is to close with and hamper the shooters movements, take him to the ground and deny him a chance to reorient. The other is to move off axis and deny him the opportunity to get a target. You still have to close with, but it denies him a chance to get a shot. Not a lot of folks know how to employ a contact shot. Certainly, Lee would have stood a chance with the shooter in a ground game or slug fest. Just some point to think about.
View Quote
<-- thinking hard.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Extrabonez:

I would venture to say those prices could be doubled in the current environment. You used to be able to find helmets for that price all day, and now there is almost none to be found. Lots are going to the riots if you pay attention, so its not just one side that is equipping for something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Extrabonez:
Originally Posted By FALFOX:

PASGT vest = $50-100
ACH helmet = $100

I sold a very complete (from the groin protector to the shoulder daps) acu IOTV a little over a year ago.  Man.....that thing sat for a REALLY long time.  Times change.  I had it on ebay, and the EE, and calguns, and maybe another place or two.  I had assembled it piece by piece off of ebay - just like I had done with my IMTV (which I still have) - and had like over $700.00 into it.  I couldn't even get that.   I think I ended up selling it for less than $400.  

Anyway - the inner cummerbunny on that one made it really comfortable.   I let it go because I knew I was going to transition to a PC eventually -- but now I wish I had held onto it for another year or two so I could sell it now and profit!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#23]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Lee was trying to deescalate and didn't want to fight. If he had known he was in a fight then he wouldn't have backed away. (most likely)
View Quote

we will assume as much.   but to my point, I'm concerned that I would have done the same thing, with the same result.   I'm trying to let Lee's death at least be a teaching moment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pumafish:
Woo!  Post 200 will commemorate my first lefty troll in the twitterverse, who has take umbrage at our referring to Keltner as a patriot.
View Quote

best I could do on short notice:

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

It's not working, they're still coming here
View Quote

yeah, well...rats. ship.  water level.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:27:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#26]

View All Quotes

Sadly, we won't know.

I would love to know the age difference between them (probably listed 87 million places but this thought just occurred to me).  If Lee was say around the Gen X range and I predict the shooter was much younger, either millennial or gen Z.  Back in my day a fist fight was a fist fight.  You took a hit and either walked away or returned the favor.  The shooter got so offended that he went off the chart.  He didn't know how to handle failure so resorted to something much more extreme.  Maybe I am losing my marbles but just a thought.

The participation trophy's need to end....
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I would love to know the age difference between them (probably listed 87 million places but this thought just occurred to me).  If Lee was say around the Gen X range and I predict the shooter was much younger, either millennial or gen Z.  Back in my day a fist fight was a fist fight.  You took a hit and either walked away or returned the favor.  The shooter got so offended that he went off the chart.  He didn't know how to handle failure so resorted to something much more extreme.  Maybe I am losing my marbles but just a thought.
View Quote

no -- spot on.  that's totally part of what I'm trying to get to.  I'm mid-50's.  I suspect Lee was too -- didn't look up his age.  But yeah - High School for me was fists after the last bell by the north wall.  You went til someone gave up, or it got broken up by teachers or on the rare occasion, cops.   But nobody got shot.  

But to your point, it's the participation trophy syndrome.  Murderer thought he was special and never learned how to lose.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Project Veritas Expose PROVES If Biden Wins Riots Will only Get Worse, Democrat Calls For Violence
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By flynlr:

me too and I work there.
btw due to hatch act no political clothing etc can be worn
I have a Red MAGA Type  hat that says Make the USPS great again enroute now.
should be wearing it at work later today .from a distance everyone will think its the former/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flynlr:

me too and I work there.
btw due to hatch act no political clothing etc can be worn
I have a Red MAGA Type  hat that says Make the USPS great again enroute now.
should be wearing it at work later today .from a distance everyone will think its the former/

Oh, that's sneaky. I like it. How long do you suppose it will take before someone flips their shit because of what they think it says, instead of actually reading it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Off topic but is brownells the slowest shipper in the online parts business? I ordered an instock item 10 days ago and it’s still processing.

I’m still waiting on JPC too that will hopefully arrive before the election
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MotorMouth] [#32]

Sadly, we won't know.
View Quote

If you're that close to someone threatening you with a gun, your best move is to close the distance, not make more.

Keltner didn't know he was in a gun fight until it was too late.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#33]
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

If you're that close to someone threatening you with a gun, your best move is to close the distance not make more.
View Quote

agreed.  I suppose Lee wasn't expecting the gun.

Yes, maybe he could have given more weight to the murderer's appearance....but I doubt I would have factored it strongly enough either.

So what's the alternative if I find myself in that sitch?  Immediately try and control his hands?  Man....if you're wrong, you're fucked, and if you were right, but wrong - you're dead.   (huh?)  you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Off topic but is brownells the slowest shipper in the online parts business? I ordered an instock item 10 days ago and it’s still processing.

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Your ridicule did what cold facts could not, and he seems to have disappeared.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

If you're that close to someone threatening you with a gun, your best move is to close the distance not make more.

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Freedom machine

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0712_jpg-1635076.JPG

CD
View Quote

My shorts just got a little tighter.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Shit for a minute I thought hell had froze over when I read it first as NYT lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Yup.
View Quote

Yes, maybe he could have given more weight to the murderer's appearance....but I doubt I would have factored it strongly enough either.

So what's the alternative if I find myself in that sitch?  Immediately try and control his hands?  Man....if you're wrong, you're fucked, and if you were right, but wrong - you're dead.   (huh?)  you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#42]
As an aside, for every comment about the shooter not watching his backstop . . .

That's a rule for recreational shooting, like hunting and target sports.

If you have a legit threat to your life, any injury or death visited upon innocents that are behind your assailant, are the fault of your assailant, not you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#43]

GIF from video above, slowed to 1/2 speed.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Yup.

Rules one through three: Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScfzMLSq24
View Quote

Fuck you motherfucker,  YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED,
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#47]

View Quote

To me they are okay but also saw the answer below way above.  At least I get my stuff unless I was dumb enough to order an out of stock item....  99% of my stuff on backorder has gotten here except my flip up sights.  I have a few "friends" that will make me look worse than NFAC.... .

I have one other thing on backorder but it is a spare part anyway.  I will start getting the budget arranged for a scope a month.....  The riot squad helped me spend the money I had allocated for that...

ETA for screw up....
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By kbi:

My high beams get a fuking work out

but my windshield needs a good cleaning

godddamn paw prints from a fat gray phaggot at work

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6r5eWtiyXQ[/url
View Quote

Awwww! But yeah, paw prints in my car send me over the edge as much as people saying KINO and OPTICS.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/143025/tinyBandAid-1635283.jpg
There. Probably the right size bandaid now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
Originally Posted By stoner01:

What? Did you break your dick in half or something?

She bit the tip

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67531/band-aid-500x500-1_jpg-1634544.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/143025/tinyBandAid-1635283.jpg
There. Probably the right size bandaid now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Awwww! But yeah, paw prints in my car send me over the edge as much as people saying KINO and OPTICS.

View Quote

Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top