Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
remember back when all we had to worry about was getting sold out by the NRA?  seems like a long time ago.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/527615-nra-admits-some-executives-used-nonprofit-money-for

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
remember back when all we had to worry about was getting sold out by the NRA?  seems like a long time ago.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/527615-nra-admits-some-executives-used-nonprofit-money-for

The National Rifle Association (NRA) admitted in a tax filing that some of the group's current and former executives have used the nonprofit's money for personal benefit.

The NRA reported via a 2019 tax return obtained by The Washington Post, that it was investigating the alleged misuse of the nonprofits funds after it "became aware during 2019 of a significant diversion of its assets."

According to the Post, the tax filing states that NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre and five former officials received "excess benefits," a term the IRS uses to refer to officials boosting themselves at the expense of a nonprofit.

The admission comes after years of the NRA denying relaxed financial oversight and nearly four months since New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) filed a lawsuit seeking to dissolve the NRA over allegations of corporate law violations that resulted in a loss of more than $64 million over three years.

The defendants named in the 18-count lawsuit treated the 149-year-old nonprofit organization as their "personal piggy bank," James argued, using it to finance everything from Caribbean vacations, expensive meals and the use of private jets.

Among the defendants is LaPierre himself, with the lawsuit arguing that the NRA leader hired some of the other defendants for senior executive positions, despite their lack of qualifications, in order to "facilitate his misuse of charitable assets."

However, the Post reported that the 2019 tax return suggests the organization is standing behind the chief executive while pursuing action against executives who have since left the nonprofit.

The filing reportedly claims that that LaPierre "corrected" his financial lapses with a repayment, while former executives "improperly" used NRA funds or charged the nonprofit for expenses that were "not appropriate."

LaPierre has reportedly reimbursed the NRA close to $300,000 in travel expenses covering 2015 to 2019, although the tax return does not explain how the amount was determined or when it was paid by LaPierre.

The NRA did not immediately respond to The Hill's request for comment.

The organization's spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said in a statement that "the vast majority of Mr. LaPierre's travel was undertaken in strict compliance with NRA policy," according to the Post.

Charles Cotton, an NRA vice president and audit committee chair, told the Post that "the NRA is committed to strict compliance with its accounting controls and good-governance practices."

Fuck the NRA. The day my life membership expires I'm going to throw a party.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Like, before you even joined? Fuck I feel old.
View Quote

I got out in '96
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Mr_Mowett:

If I'm going all out I like to put the microwave in the middle of the table and let my guests cook their chosen morsels to perfection. Like a fondue pot except that you can cook literally anything.

I've heard of some rich people who put a little silver microwave in front of every place setting but that seems like a bit much to me. For one thing you'd need to cut a bunch of holes in your dining table so you don't have cords snaking everywhere. Though it would make for a nearly continuous pleasant humming sound.
View Quote

Even wine! Who knew?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
https://thenationalpulse.com/news/dominion-techie-worked-for-ccp-military-proxy-flagged-by-u-s-govt-for-malicious-cyber-activity/

China Telecom is wholly run by the Chinese government, and has been identified by the U.S. Department of Defense as having collaborated with the country’s
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

Good!  Let them squirm in their own steaming pile of shit!  
View Quote

People need to turn Fox off.  Fuck tucker and the 5
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3446/74908.JPG

1985 - ???  
View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Well well what do we have here?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

Helluva return on investment
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MRTsHaircut] [#10]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/nov/25/james-mattis-failed-disclose-his-role-consultant-t/

A media-celebrated Foreign Affairs column this week by former Defense Secretary James Mattis blasting President Trump's...

Mattis failed to disclose his relationship with a consultant tied to China.  I can NOT begin to express the disappointment Mattis caused me. He seemed so apolitical during his military career, but some people just can not adjust to not having the authority over people that they had during their military career. It always seems that they turn out to be the most biased ones in the end.  

Those $300,000 board of directors positions that Sylvan (sure miss Sylvan, wish he would come back) used to preach about sure must be worth the loss of a soul.  The obvious fake product produced by Theranos, with a lying criminal money hungry founder, that Mattis supported should have been a tell for me.
View Quote

Never meet your hero.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Ohh FFS
View Quote

Two of the biggest ass fucks ever to enter the capital
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
I weighed 213 in mid-September.

Got a head cold (not COVID) and had a lot of sinus drainage.  I had been thinking about going back to intermittent fasting, but with the cold I wasn't hungry.  At all.  Ate dinner, but no breakfast and no lunch.

End of October I got down to 198, then left for work out of town.  I ate more while I was gone, but I still got down to 193 as of last Saturday.  Not trying, just feel a little sick when I try to eat a bunch.  Gastro doc says my liver is making too much bile, irritating the stomach and bile duct, which irritates the liver into producing more bile . . . .round and round.  Got a RX to help with that, we'll see how it goes, just started it yesterday.

Hoping to hit 189, though, so I don't have to tape anymore.  When I joined they wanted me to hit 179 to not tape . . . I haven't seen 179 since I was 21y/o and that was 27 years ago.
View Quote

178-179 is my fighting weight.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif
And no. I wasn't some gay cav scout
View Quote

Isn't that redundant?  A friend's son is in the cav and I almost said something as a joke.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Why in the fuck anyone would want to even enter NYC in the first place is beyond me.  There are sadly many places in this country I will never visit!
View Quote

The checkpoints are likely to prevent people from leaving.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#15]

It's at Ft McClellan AL.
View Quote

My son did a summer sea cadet training there a few years back. Nice base.  Cool street names.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Welp time to ditch the saint mattis poster. Need to find an appropriately sized pic of a big tittied girl with a gun
View Quote

Or... put titties on the Mattis.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#18]

ETA:  By pardoning Flynn, with Sullivan as judge, it takes away any future leverage That Sullivan might have against any election cases he is over seeing.  At least that's the way that I see it.
View Quote

Fuck the justice department.  And who gives a shit what they “prefer”.  They allowed a good man and his family to be dragged across the rack.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MRTsHaircut:

My son did a summer sea cadet training there a few years back. Nice base.  Cool street names.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/292049/79DBD773-E8AE-410D-9101-45F445CD2571-1701746.jpg
View Quote

I went to basic training there in 1983.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m going out looking for Pronghorn antelope tomorrow. That’s about the extent of my Thanksgiving. I went out the other day and couldn’t find shit.  I asked a Border Patrol Agent if he’s ever seen them and he told me all the time and gave me general areas to look.

On topic....if it weren’t for human greed and the lust for power we wouldn’t be in this mess right now
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

And that is what is going to screw them, especially if they're required by law to keep them for authentication purposes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dbmers:
I’m going out looking for Pronghorn antelope tomorrow. That’s about the extent of my Thanksgiving. I went out the other day and couldn’t find shit.  I asked a Border Patrol Agent if he’s ever seen them and he told me all the time and gave me general areas to look.

On topic....if it weren’t for human greed and the lust for power we wouldn’t be in this mess right now
View Quote

Lucky! With any luck I'll be able to snag an antelope next year in Wyoming.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MRTsHaircut:

Yea I couldn’t eat the SJW sammich anymore.

We both fought off the soviet bear though.  Lots of fun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:47:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbmers] [#24]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbmers:

I’m going shooting with a camera lol.  I gave up hunting years ago. I just don’t have a taste for game meat.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#25]

#MeToo

It's very troubling that they are so obvious with their fraud, almost as if they wanted to get caught.

I have a little money betting on Trump winning.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I'm watching the entire thing and by God, I feel we're going to win.

#MeToo

It's very troubling that they are so obvious with their fraud, almost as if they wanted to get caught.

I have a little money betting on Trump winning.

They believed their own bullshit that Trump couldn't win, and got caught flat footed.  Their cheating was amateurish, just what you'd expect from the crew who washed out of DMV school.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Ooooof that's got to hurt.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I’ll wait to see it actually happen.  Too much propaganda from both sides
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:53:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#29]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1331753058024517634?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/tweet]

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I fixed the glitched links and updated the weekly roundup with some guidance on the DMCA tactic antifa is using now:

https://contextualinsurgent.substack.com/p/weekly-insurgency-11232020
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/9rt5sZj-59.gif
View Quote

Bye commie.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By eesmith:

I fixed the glitched links and updated the weekly roundup with some guidance on the DMCA tactic antifa is using now:

View Quote

any chance you can move this to iTunes? I don't mean to nitpick things, but I listen to lots of podcasts.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Trump wins.

Up yer bum.

Darkest Hour (2017) - Up Your Bum Scene (3/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By eesmith:

View Quote

Much appreciated Erin, its info overload but that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
From the election thread.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/364983/1606017031942_jpg-1701605.JPG
View Quote

Saved
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#39]
i just burned the fucking brownies what the fucking fuck
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#40]
?? LIVE: Pennsylvania State Legislature Holds Public Hearing on 2020 Election

I'm reposting this because it is far better than anything you can watch on TV, despite the 2 1/2 run time.  Packed full of infomation from the PA hearing with Guiliani.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:
View Quote

Fucking '20ers! Can't count on them for shit!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#42]

The quote tweet is a CNN story

Fox News staffers thought Newsmax was a joke.  But they're not laughing anymore.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Awesome.
View Quote

Or, I'm institutionalized.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Needs to be Trumpy Bear, defending America's dreams.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

28 fucking minuets set timer wake up to smoke alarm going off
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Fail. Bow your head in shame.

SHAME

SHAME
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

The National Rifle Association (NRA) admitted in a tax filing that some of the group's current and former executives have used the nonprofit's money for personal benefit.

The NRA reported via a 2019 tax return obtained by The Washington Post, that it was investigating the alleged misuse of the nonprofits funds after it "became aware during 2019 of a significant diversion of its assets."

According to the Post, the tax filing states that NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre and five former officials received "excess benefits," a term the IRS uses to refer to officials boosting themselves at the expense of a nonprofit.

The admission comes after years of the NRA denying relaxed financial oversight and nearly four months since New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) filed a lawsuit seeking to dissolve the NRA over allegations of corporate law violations that resulted in a loss of more than $64 million over three years.

The defendants named in the 18-count lawsuit treated the 149-year-old nonprofit organization as their "personal piggy bank," James argued, using it to finance everything from Caribbean vacations, expensive meals and the use of private jets.

Among the defendants is LaPierre himself, with the lawsuit arguing that the NRA leader hired some of the other defendants for senior executive positions, despite their lack of qualifications, in order to "facilitate his misuse of charitable assets."

However, the Post reported that the 2019 tax return suggests the organization is standing behind the chief executive while pursuing action against executives who have since left the nonprofit.

The filing reportedly claims that that LaPierre "corrected" his financial lapses with a repayment, while former executives "improperly" used NRA funds or charged the nonprofit for expenses that were "not appropriate."

LaPierre has reportedly reimbursed the NRA close to $300,000 in travel expenses covering 2015 to 2019, although the tax return does not explain how the amount was determined or when it was paid by LaPierre.

The NRA did not immediately respond to The Hill's request for comment.

The organization's spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said in a statement that "the vast majority of Mr. LaPierre's travel was undertaken in strict compliance with NRA policy," according to the Post.

Charles Cotton, an NRA vice president and audit committee chair, told the Post that "the NRA is committed to strict compliance with its accounting controls and good-governance practices."

Do the allow beer and nachos at the funeral home?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#49]
green bean casserole ready to go , jerkey currently dehydrating , turkey thawing, pasta salad done fucking brownies seriously ?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I'm genuinely sorry for your troubles, but I'm still laughing. I love brownies.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top