Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JPN:

If I'm not mistaken, there's an exemption for protesting.

Find some scrap cardboard or posterboard, write something on it with a marker or crayon, and carry it with you.

I realized the stay at home orders were not going to work at all, back in late March, when the first local stay at home order had an exemption for "being out in nature" and they left the city parks open for people to cram themselves into.

Government can fuck up anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
Originally Posted By RSG:

will not comply.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif

eta:  and with all the homeless wandering the streets, exactly how does that work?

If I'm not mistaken, there's an exemption for protesting.

Find some scrap cardboard or posterboard, write something on it with a marker or crayon, and carry it with you.

I realized the stay at home orders were not going to work at all, back in late March, when the first local stay at home order had an exemption for "being out in nature" and they left the city parks open for people to cram themselves into.

Government can fuck up anything.

Fuck 12 and ACAB seem to be magic hall passes with the popo around here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Mowett:

@Ezel,

Well said. This matches my take and I've been trying for years to to warn friends and family about it. But maybe it's inherently difficult for decent, kind people to understand that the people you're describing exist at all, much less that they exist in large numbers and in many cases hold positions of power.

You are now a Team Member. I suggest that you log out, log in, and choose an avatar. If you don't have any great ideas for an avatar I'm sure the Riot Squad would be happy to make suggestions. Anything to help us get to 10,000 pages.

Hey, we're only a third of the way to 10,000. Don't celebrate too early.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]

@Ezel,

Well said. This matches my take and I've been trying for years to to warn friends and family about it. But maybe it's inherently difficult for decent, kind people to understand that the people you're describing exist at all, much less that they exist in large numbers and in many cases hold positions of power.

You are now a Team Member. I suggest that you log out, log in, and choose an avatar. If you don't have any great ideas for an avatar I'm sure the Riot Squad would be happy to make suggestions. Anything to help us get to 10,000 pages.
View Quote

Nice job, man! Enjoy some microwaved wine tonight!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:

No thanks.

Got stuff to do.
Essential stuff.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:
Originally Posted By RSG:

No thanks.

Got stuff to do.
Essential stuff.

Living?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]

I know, but  still couldn't resist.  Lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]

I still have an aol email acct.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Ah, the old Howler Monkey in the Rear Jack trick.
I specifically told them NOT to throw in the Howler Monkey. "But it's free!!"  Back in the day we called that AOL. Whatever.

I still have an aol email acct.  

My Dad collected those disks by the hundreds! I just shook my head. I started on BBS, FTP, then Usenet (rec.firearms?) then helped a friend set up a travel service on CompuServe and used that until the web came along.

I didn’t know AOL was still a thing. Shit how many users do they still have? And why?!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:21:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]

View All Quotes

@Ezel,

Just wait until Trump is announced as the President fir another term on CNN. We will blow past 10,000 like it was standing still. Make them telephone poles look like a picket fence!

I’ll have to update to the Plutonium membership level to get the Turbo Thread Reader From Hell.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]

My Dad collected those disks by the hundreds! I just shook my head. I started on BBS, FTP, then Usenet (rec.firearms?) then helped a friend set up a travel service on CompuServe and used that until the web came along.

I didn’t know AOL was still a thing. Shit how many users do they still have? And why?!!!
View Quote

You wouldn't believe how many highly educated people, and very well-connected members of the military still use AOL for an email address. It's crazy and I just shake my head every time I see someone using it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

no, not that.  you did a thing.  good on ya.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

You wouldn't believe how many highly educated people, and very well-connected members of the military still use AOL for an email address. It's crazy and I just shake my head every time I see someone using it.
View All Quotes

You guys are killing me!

I mean, AOL got big because they had dialup access phone numbers all over the country. No long distance charge like dialing into a BBS for bulletin board messages or email. Once in home Internet access came along AOL was kind of redundant. As in obsolete around 1995?  Do they make any money?  What kind of business plan do they have?  I am genuinely curious now!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

If trump overturns the election the ensuing riots will grow this thread by leaps and bounds.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:29:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#12]

I didn't know AOL was still a thing. Shit how many users do they still have? And why?!!!
View Quote
I don't use "AOL" as it was -- an app from back in the day -- now it's just web accessed email client like gmail or anything else as far as I'm concerned.  My address is my name, I was there first, and I paid for it - and then some - back when it was $25/month -- but then it became free if you're just using browser email, so why get rid of it?  Ain't broke.  Don't fix.  I have other addresses, but I'm keeping that one --

eta: and yeah- BBS -- good times.
on my AST 286 10mhz...I think it had 4mb of ram
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:31:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Just wait until Trump is announced as the President fir another term on CNN. We will blow past 10,000 like it was standing still. Make them telephone poles look like a picket fence!

I'll have to update to the Plutonium membership level to get the Turbo Thread Reader From Hell.
View Quote

At least 1,000 of those pages will just be references to leftist tears and variations on the Nelson Ha Ha meme. And it will be glorious.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]

I’ll have to update to the Plutonium membership level to get the Turbo Thread Reader From Hell.
View Quote

Good, we desperately need some riots to happen. I'm starting to scratch my face and get all irritable. Is this what a junkie feels like when they need a fix? I'm a riot junkie!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:34:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#15]

You guys are killing me!

I mean, AOL got big because they had dialup access phone numbers all over the country. No long distance charge like dialing into a BBS for bulletin board messages or email. Once in home Internet access came along AOL was kind of redundant. As in obsolete around 1995?  Do they make any money?  What kind of business plan do they have?  I am genuinely curious now!
View Quote

I honestly have no idea, but I can tell you first hand that I have seen lots of people that still use that address for contact info. No shit. One example was a retired full bird colonel that used AOL in his professional bio. I just shook my head and put the info in the system.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

If trump overturns the election the ensuing riots will grow this thread by leaps and bounds.
View All Quotes

Oh, right. When I read RockNwood's post I was picturing page after page of celebration. I'd forgotten that there would be a lot of rioting and thus a lot of posts about rioting... here in Riot Thread.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:40:57 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:45:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#20]

I honestly have no idea, but I can tell you first hand that I have seen lots of people that still use that address for contact info. No shit. One example was a retired full bird colonel that used AOL in his professional bio. I just shook my head and put the info in the system.
View Quote

granted, I know little of net security savy, but other than the ridicule, what's the down side?  It's not really any less featured than gmail (at least as far as the features I use).  what am I missing?

eta: not that I"m happy about using google products either, but life integration 2.0 requires it, mostly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Mr. Mowett and the others who replied to my ramblings. You have my gratitude. I'll put this membership to use and try to find a suitable avatar...would a photo of a burning dumpster represent 2020 adequately?

Never, ever let the enemy guilt you and twist your own morality when they have none.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:57:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#22]
Originally Posted By Ezel:
Mr. Mowett and the others who replied to my ramblings. You have my gratitude. I'll put this membership to use and try to find a suitable avatar...would a photo of a burning dumpster represent 2020 adequately?

Never, ever let the enemy guilt you and twist your own morality when they have none.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

and as for the last part -- just call them baby killers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:58:37 AM EDT
[#23]

granted, I know little of net security savy, but other than the ridicule, what's the down side?  It's not really any less featured than gmail (at least as far as the features I use).  what am I missing?
View Quote

Nothing I guess, I'm no computer wiz. I have several email accounts, for various reasons, but mainly use a gmail address.

I just thought it was funny that someone with a PhD and/or holding a professional title that still uses an AOL account. No other reasons really.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:01:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#24]
OH SHIT! Fully semi-automatic high capacity assault cats, with a shoulder thing that goes up! RUN AWAY!

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:08:37 AM EDT
[#26]
AOL

lol - that bring back memories

I bought my 1st Computer a Compact when I came to the US in 1996

it had a "free" Disk of AOL in it

those Chat Rooms

Holy Shit those where Fun

Still know my 1st email with AOL

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

those Chat Rooms

View Quote
I can neither confirm nor deny that I may have met many women that way.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

those Chat Rooms

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#29]

View Quote

the funny bit is that a few of them -- we've been friends for so long -- through aol, then through myspace, then through facebook -- a couple gals -- we've known each other so long it's just a long blur -- through marriages and divorces, births and deaths, kids (not mine, lol) had and grown -- what a long strange trip it's been.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:19:04 AM EDT
[#30]
AOL

those Chat Rooms

View Quote
Shit I heard HAVE my first aol email account still it is my throw away email for junk mail
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#31]

the funny bit is that a few of them -- we've been friends for so long -- through aol, then through myspace, then through facebook -- a couple gals -- we've known each other so long it's just a long blur -- through marriages and divorces, births and deaths, kids (not mine, lol) had and grown -- what a long strange trip it's been.
View All Quotes

indeed

I was 26 when I came to the US - just spend 2 years in Bermuda and Dating there was not easy (Shelly a Bermudan Girl will always be a fond memory)

and my 1st Job in the US was in New York

boy was that a Fun time

some many great memories

I wish I could do it all over again

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By E-Mag:
Shit I heard HAVE my first aol email account still it is my throw away email for junk mail
View All Quotes
AOL

those Chat Rooms

I wish I had kept it but was to cheap to pay the $4.95 they wanted from me

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:33:51 AM EDT
[#33]
AOL

those Chat Rooms

View Quote

Dad still rocks his original AOL account
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:36:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#34]
Attachment Attached File

I actually haven't read their home page in years...I'm sure it's commie fucktarded.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:37:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: E-Mag] [#35]

View All Quotes
AOL

those Chat Rooms

I don't remember paying anything but it has was soooo long ago maybe I did. Just checked for the first time in a while. Every now and again I delete all of them LOL

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#36]
just as I suspected, if you go to their "TODAY ON AOL" you gets the commie propaganda -- yeah - fuck all that.  that shit is always a day late and a dollar short.  I just get my mail and get out, I'm not giving them any clicks to feed the beast.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I wish it played this before opening

AOL Dial Up Internet Connection Sound + You've Got Mail (America Online) 90's

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#38]
I wish it played this before opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dudJjUU9Nhs
View Quote

lol - so many memories.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#39]
well, I made my big BF splurge purchase.  Being out of work so much this year, I have to tread lightly, but I did score a deal on a pair of pants.  My first time buying ARCTERYX -- got a pair of their Leaf assault combat pants in 'crocodile' color for $100 off retail from opticsplanet.  Still expensive (to me) but they were discounted because no factory packaging.  Says "new w/o tags" -- probably a return.  Meh. I got a washing machine.  Baller.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#40]
well, I made my big BF splurge purchase.  Being out of work so much this year, I have to tread lightly, but I did score a deal on a pair of pants.  My first time buying ARCTERYX -- got a pair of their Leaf assault combat pants in 'crocodile' color for $100 off retail from opticsplanet.  Still expensive (to me) but they were discounted because no factory packaging.  Says "new w/o tags" -- probably a return.  Meh. I got a washing machine.  Baller.
View Quote

Holyshit. A 100 bucks off on pants??. Ive never spent more than 60 bucks in my life on pants.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MRTsHaircut:

Is there supposed to be someone else there besides your wife there to answer?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#42]

@Ezel,

View All Quotes

It's the most shameful thing about dealing with truly wicked people. They're not usually mustache-twirling villains like you see in the cartoons. Most of them look like you and me, they wear photogenic smiles and some of them even sound like us. But they're not like us--they're paste fakes. Actors.

Sociopaths can't be reasoned with, appealed to or shown the error of their ways. They're drawn to power, and thus, public office, destructive activism and professions that grant authority over others. They don't have a conscience. Promoting the death and destruction of others and crashing entire industries for the pursuit of lofty collectivist goals is not the action of a human being that feels. It's a cold, mechanized mindset that fits somewhere among the dark triad. It is there where you'll find your statist thugs, your pedophiles, and your gluttonous political upperclassmen.

They cannot be dealt with like a rational person. They see our tact as weakness, and they feel nothing except the rush of power. The fake outrage, the mock tears, the cardboard-thin "victims" they promote are all calling cards for the darkest traits in human nature. Every murderer, rapist and career criminal you've ever heard of or spoken to is exactly the same creature save for one thing:

None of them were forward-thinking enough to go into politics.

@Ezel,

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
This shit is getting confusing.  One judge says no, another says yes

View Quote
OK, no shit. Now what?  What's his remedy?  If it were me, I'd disqualify all mail-in ballots, but that wouldn't really be fair to the people who fucked up by trusting the politicians and simple servants who made up the mail-in scheme.  So maybe order that the State hold a special make-up election for only those people who they say voted by mail - they can go to the local courthouse or town hall in person and re-vote. Let's say they have an arbitrary 3 days over which to do that.  I bet a lot of mail-in voters don't show by reason of having been dead since the Civil War.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#44]
For good night's outro, I'll leave us this
The Confessor - Joe Walsh Video version
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:42:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#45]
I started on BBS, FTP, then Usenet (rec.firearms?)
View Quote

talk.politics.guns

And I still had the same email address associated with my dialup Unix shell account until earlier this year.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:

rec.guns maybe?  There was also talk.politics.guns, I wasted as much time there as I do here now :-)
View Quote

Yes - rec.guns and talk.politics.guns! The archives seem incomplete, but it looks like someone with my old email address must've spent a lot of time on those newsgroups, too
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I couldn't make it work either though....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
Originally Posted By tads:

Have some fun with this one:

https://i.imgflip.com/4o4h5p.jpg

I couldn't make it work either though....

This is it.  On the topic, I know Biden supposedly did a Thanksgiving speech, but has anyone seen Harris or Barr in public lately?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

If not for lies, slander and cheating, the democrats would have no standards.
View Quote

I'm stealing that last line.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

That's GA & PA governors that put Dominion voting machines in their states under no-bid contracts.  SMDH
View Quote

These machines need to be destroyed.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top