Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5115
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
So, I'm getting vaxed on Tuesday morning. It is "strongly encouraged" by my employer and I believe they will push to make it mandatory in the near future. Currently, not getting an annual influenza vaccine means immediate "separation from the system".

I will, however, be doing something for science. I have been balls deep in Rona since day one. Granted I'm wearing all the appropriate PPE, but I'm exposed to multiple super sick patients everyday and prior to en-mass testing who knows how many I positives I (or anyone else in the field) were exposed to. Front line "hero" and all that crap.

My daughter had the Rona (thanks boyfriend), and my wife got it three days later. Both survived and got over it in about a week. Neither locked themselves away, no one wore a mask at home (myself included) and we just carried on with our lives as they recovered. That said, I have had my brain scraped to test for Rona about nine times now. Every time the results were negative. I was even tested for antibodies in March, also negative.

So I have decided, for shiggles, to have an antibody draw done Monday before I get injected with the serum. I want to see if I contracted the Rona during my families bout of it to see if I've got some natural genetic immunity. I can't think of any reason I shouldn't have gotten it given the "science". Hell, according to some folks I should be dead. I'll get the draw before the vax to keep the data pure.

Pray for me RS. I'm going in....

Who wants dibs?

View Quote

Calling dibs on everything, including the wife and kids.  It's only fair it all go to another nurse.  lol
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbmers] [#2]
I could kick myself for not putting 10K into Bitcoin back in March.  I’d be up 52 grand right now. As it is I’m up 5K which is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#3]
Originally Posted By BethanyHatch:
View Quote

Awwwe...that looks like a gingerbread story house. It's so festive.  Love the "landscaping" too. lol

Your guy did a good job. It suits both you and the house.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
So, I'm getting vaxed on Tuesday morning. It is "strongly encouraged" by my employer and I believe they will push to make it mandatory in the near future. Currently, not getting an annual influenza vaccine means immediate "separation from the system".

I will, however, be doing something for science. I have been balls deep in Rona since day one. Granted I'm wearing all the appropriate PPE, but I'm exposed to multiple super sick patients everyday and prior to en-mass testing who knows how many I positives I (or anyone else in the field) were exposed to. Front line "hero" and all that crap.

My daughter had the Rona (thanks boyfriend), and my wife got it three days later. Both survived and got over it in about a week. Neither locked themselves away, no one wore a mask at home (myself included) and we just carried on with our lives as they recovered. That said, I have had my brain scraped to test for Rona about nine times now. Every time the results were negative. I was even tested for antibodies in March, also negative.

So I have decided, for shiggles, to have an antibody draw done Monday before I get injected with the serum. I want to see if I contracted the Rona during my families bout of it to see if I've got some natural genetic immunity. I can't think of any reason I shouldn't have gotten it given the "science". Hell, according to some folks I should be dead. I'll get the draw before the vax to keep the data pure.

Who wants dibs?

View Quote

Good luck to you, local hospitals here have been testing nurses twice a week for the 'Rona, and vaccines were started Thursday I think?

If you listen to the news you would think that there would be dead bodies piled up on street corners thanks in part to Covid-19, but I've only seen hysteria and no death fortunately.

So, dibs on your dag if you do not make it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#5]
*fixed*
So festive, where's the snow?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

There were several different strains rumored right from the start. What has changed now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

It didn't just mutate, it apparently jumped to the point of having made a series of mutations (something that should have taken longer).  Seems unlikely for it to have done that, without some (lab) help.

There were several different strains rumored right from the start. What has changed now?

France and Germany are talking about shutting down travel to and from the UK, because the UK has a new strain that is supposedly more contagious (is now the dominant strain in the UK) and mutated far enough that there are questions about whether or not the vaccines will be effective against it.  UK government is making noises about closing some ports.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Awwwe...that looks like a gingerbread story house. It's so festive.  Love the "landscaping" too. lol

Your guy did a good job. It suits both you and the house.
View Quote
Thanks! Next year the planters will be decorated and I'll have a little more too probably.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

Ribeye of the Sky (per Steven Rinella)
View Quote

Flying prime rib.

We can get a tag a year.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Who wants dibs?

View Quote

No dibs, but you have my prayers and best wishes. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]

So festive, where's the snow?
View Quote

can we have a moment of silence please?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Flying prime rib.

We can get a tag a year.
View Quote

Only one? The Meateater guys claimed that in Lubbock they basically had no bag limit, and one of the guys on that show pretty much lived off them all year in Graduate School.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Calling dibs on everything, including the wife and kids.  It's only fair it all go to another nurse.  lol
View Quote

You can't argue that logic. Deal.

Take care of Riot Dog.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Who wants dibs?

View Quote

It might be bad form to call dibs on your daughter so instead I'll just wish you good health.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

You're gonna have to fight CeCe....good luck with that. I heard she dual wields.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Good luck to you, local hospitals here have been testing nurses twice a week for the 'Rona, and vaccines were started Thursday I think?

If you listen to the news you would think that there would be dead bodies piled up on street corners thanks in part to Covid-19, but I've only seen hysteria and no death fortunately.

View All Quotes

Who wants dibs?

No fair. I didn't know he had a dog. I need to create some kind of dibs database to be ready for these situations.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]

looks legit, swamp cooler and zero lawn maintenance

Very festive
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mr_Mowett:

No fair. I didn't know he had a dog. I need to create some kind of dibs database to be ready for these situations.
View Quote

I thought you already kept spreadsheets on everyone in riot thread?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TurdFergeson:

Very festive
View Quote
I don't have a swamp cooler
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]

You're gonna have to fight CeCe....good luck with that. I heard she dual wields.
View Quote

That's hot!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't have a swamp cooler
View Quote

unit on the roof looked like a swamp cooler... I know they are popular in that area of the world.  Sister and family lived in Las Cruces while her husband got his masters
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Well, I mean, obviously I have detailed files about political leanings, suspected ties to "patriot" organizations, and home defense schematics. But I haven't been keeping track of important stuff like dibs targets.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

That rumor was started about 24 hours ago by a highly reliable Riot Squad member so I figure it has to be true.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Well, I mean, obviously I have detailed files about political leanings, suspected ties to "patriot" organizations, and home defense schematics. But I haven't been keeping track of important stuff like dibs targets.
View Quote

Wow, you sound just like the CCP...did Fang get to you too?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I would loooooove to work from home.

But that ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#27]

unit on the roof looked like a swamp cooler... I know they are popular in that area of the world.  Sister and family lived in Las Cruces while her husband got his masters
View Quote
Ohh. I don't know what a swamp cooler looks like. I think they might be pretty popular. But I don't have one
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#28]
If I deleted the picture, does it stay in the quoted comments or do y'all have to delete it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#29]

He had been taking a hands off approach on lockdowns (after the initial lockdown in April), letting the cities and counties decide on their own whether they needed such measures.

Odd that it will stay in effect until Inauguration Day.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I didn't rate Fang Fang, but I got Grandma Fang. She may not look like much but damn can she cook.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#31]
sorry, laddies.  lol.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#32]

You can't argue that logic. Deal.

Take care of Riot Dog.

https://i.imgur.com/MlFfNyv.jpg?1
View Quote

Seriously, good luck with the vaccine. You'll be in my prayers. Will your employer exempt you from the vaccine if you are positive for antibodies?

Dutch would a welcome addition. He is even more handsome now that I've seen the entire dog. I love brindle dogs!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I've heard there is going to be an app for that.  Jeez, more algorithms, lol.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Very festive
View Quote

I didn't want to be festive. I just wanted to annoy the neighbors. I think it's working.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Rust never sleeps.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#36]
If I deleted the picture, does it stay in the quoted comments or do y'all have to delete it?
View Quote

The quotes are just references to your post.

If you remove the file from the referenced location, the links in the quotes die, too.

If you remove the reference but leave the file in the original location, the links in quoted posts will still work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#37]

France and Germany are talking about shutting down travel to and from the UK, because the UK has a new strain that is supposedly more contagious (is now the dominant strain in the UK) and mutated far enough that there are questions about whether or not the vaccines will be effective against it.  UK government is making noises about closing some ports.
View All Quotes

It didn't just mutate, it apparently jumped to the point of having made a series of mutations (something that should have taken longer).  Seems unlikely for it to have done that, without some (lab) help.

they implemented that last night

at some German Airports people that came form England can't leave them

France closed the Eurotunnel

Dover also shut down

Belgium and Holland will follow in the next 24 hours

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Will your employer exempt you from the vaccine if you are positive for antibodies?

View Quote

Probably not. It's not mandatory, yet. But UCHealth is a militant organization in Colorado. The take over ten years back was quite hostile. The want to rule the state I think. I really miss my old school management.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#39]

I didn't want to be festive. I just wanted to annoy the neighbors. I think it's working.

https://i.imgur.com/mZ5Kjtr.jpg?1
View Quote

It's a beaut, Clark.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Who wants dibs?

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

those stay

they gone have to delete them
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Who wants dibs?

View Quote

Organs or prayers? Forget RS answer if both. It's prayers for you!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Mowett] [#44]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.imgur.com/mZ5Kjtr.jpg?1
View Quote

I like the brightness!  

Neighbors are a bit a ways from us.  I put some outside, too lazy to go get pics.
I do put wreaths with big red bows on both gates coming into the property.
The girls like it, but they know if SHTF we go to complete blackout
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#46]
@Barnes_Law on his weekly podcast claims...

1.) Rumors of Roberts screaming are false as court is not meeting in person.
2.) SCOTUS will not hear -ANY- cases regarding 2020 election.
3.) Trump will not use Martial Law or Insurrection Act.
4.) Federal Law prohibits use of Insurrection Act related to elections.
5.) 2018 Executive Order report will -NOT- appear before 1/20.
6.) Pompeo is deep state, recommended by McConnel, and not with Trump.
7.) Military & Justice Dept is not with Trump.
8.) Lin Wood needs to be in a straight jacket.
9.) Sidney Powell will -NOT- be appointed special counsel.
10.) Trump is planning ahead for 2024 run.
11.) Pence has un-reviewable authority on Jan 6 to declare no valid electors and force a vote but won't because he's a pussy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

If you remove the file from the referenced location, the links in the quotes die, too.

If you remove the reference but leave the file in the original location, the links in quoted posts will still work.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#49]

If confirmed......

Nothing else CoC to say....
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fantomas] [#50]
Thanks!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Thanks!

not true

there is still one on this page that shows it in a quote

evo7011 Post

Page / 5115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top