Originally Posted By BethanyHatch:
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
Only had to happen once!

I wonder if modern moms still do that, but with liquid soap
I don't think many kids these days get punished

Never had to wash out the kids mouths with soap. Never really needed to discipline the kids too harshly, either. They learned the rules early and well.
No need to punish harshly to teach them

I find that my particular "dad face" tends to put an end to undesired behavior pretty quick. If it doesn't, me getting up always does.

Dad face.

I'm not a dad, but I've have used my dad voice to break up dog fights, and god child fights.

When the fun loving, happy go-lucky uncle lowers his voice by an octave and raises the volume to spout a few choice curse words and announce his disappointment, the formerly aggressively spirited pre-teens suddenly became quiet shoe gazers.

It was a wonderfully quiet ride back home, and I prevented children from permanently injuring themselves.

I forgot to mention that the voice works as you've described, as well. She knows I mean business when I say her first and middle name, instead of just her first name.

Toddler, pre-teen, teen, et cetra.

Improvise, adapt and overcome.

Oh yeah, no doubt! I can't wait until she gets her first period. That'll be fun. I'm gonna ship her ass off to CeCe, and they can discuss menses.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

Oh yeah, no doubt! I can't wait until she gets her first period. That'll be fun. I'm gonna ship her ass off to CeCe, and they can discuss menses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:
Only had to happen once!

Never had to wash out the kids mouths with soap. Never really needed to discipline the kids too harshly, either. They learned the rules early and well.

I find that my particular "dad face" tends to put an end to undesired behavior pretty quick. If it doesn't, me getting up always does.

Dad face.

I'm not a dad, but I've have used my dad voice to break up dog fights, and god child fights.

When the fun loving, happy go-lucky uncle lowers his voice by an octave and raises the volume to spout a few choice curse words and announce his disappointment, the formerly aggressively spirited pre-teens suddenly became quiet shoe gazers.

It was a wonderfully quiet ride back home, and I prevented children from permanently injuring themselves.

I forgot to mention that the voice works as you've described, as well. She knows I mean business when I say her first and middle name, instead of just her first name.

See my edit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

When my wife and I were standing in line to vote last week they had a ballot drop box outside.

I made the comment "I wonder how many ballots I can fit in that thing?"

Wife "Shhh, You're in public you can't say that."

Me "I think at least a ream"

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doodles:
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Ballot drop boxes are your friends.  

When my wife and I were standing in line to vote last week they had a ballot drop box outside.

I made the comment "I wonder how many ballots I can fit in that thing?"

Wife "Shhh, You're in public you can't say that."

Me "I think at least a ream"

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]

When we get to the other side of this shit show, there needs to be constitutional amendments to end these pork bills.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Completely off topic, but Oman is a country I would like to explore some day...just because.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]

See my edit.
View All Quotes
Only had to happen once!

Dad face.

See my edit.

Truer words have never been spoken. Even though she didn't mean it, and understand why she said it, she's already said some stuff that has taken me aback. Then we have a talk about why saying things like that is inappropriate. It's a delicate balancing act. I will say this: becoming a parent has caused me to learn more about myself, and the concept of patience.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Just realized I posted the video of the Overstock.com guy telling about the $18 bribe to Hilldog and FaceFuck has not claimed it's false!  They marked the long video about stealing the election before I could even post it and only claimed the server deal in Germany as the false part.  Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 36trap:

When we get to the other side of this shit show, there needs to be constitutional amendments to end these pork bills.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 36trap:

That, and for the bs stalling for time to push everything at the last moment to take advantage of time limits, legal and otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Joe Biden's Political Career. By year.

1973 Biden enters politics…

1977 Biden fights to keep schools segregated because in his own words, “allowing blacks to integrate would create a racial jungle”… fact check me….

1983 BIDEN TAXES SS

1988 ran for president but had to end his campaign after getting busted for plagiarism…

1990 Hang on almost there…

1993 BIDEN TAXES SS=AGAIN

1994 ***Biden writes the "Stop and Frisk" law which is what blacks blame for "systemic racism" today. This law took millions of black men from their homes and transplanted them into prison. Way to go Joe. This was Biden's biggest accomplishment in 47 years of elected office. Factcheck me…it's true.

1997 Almost, not yet…

2008 calls Obama the first “articulate" and "clean" mainstream African-American

2020: NOW HE SAYS HE’S READY TO FIX THE COUNTRY

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#12]
MIRA MASK PRO TIP #87:  You can fit a mira mask and filter(s) into a standard USGI sustainment  pouch.  In fact, you can fit the mira mask and a filter inside the mira pouch with the thigh straps and put all that into a usgi sustainment pouch.   then molle where needed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Breakfast for dinner. Corned beef hash. I cooked the CB in a crock pot for 7 hours today.
Good Stuff.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/733391165159768155/790685665405960192/cff4f55fbfc7a461.jpeg?width=536&height=399

Completely off topic, but Oman is a country I would like to explore some day...just because.
View Quote

I have been there for work. Probably the nicest ME country. People there are generally very nice, like Canadian levels. They tend to be much more tolerate to non-Muslims and there are a good number of Indians living there.

What I find interesting is that they are neither Shia nor Sunni but follow a little known third branch of Islam called al-Khariji. Specifically the Ibadi school.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Now your talking dirty to us

I'll take my $600.00 and throw it in my COTI fund
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Breakfast for dinner. Corned beef hash. I cooked the CB in a crock pot for 7 hours today.
Good Stuff.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126641/132400570_3799824070048430_4683800116839-1742026.JPG
View Quote

Would smash...

...and
Hells yeah! FSA, here I come.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Truer words have never been spoken. Even though she didn't mean it, and understand why she said it, she's already said some stuff that has taken me aback. Then we have a talk about why saying things like that is inappropriate. It's a delicate balancing act. I will say this: becoming a parent has caused me to learn more about myself, and the concept of patience.
View Quote

As a man, watching a young girl grow into a woman teaches you things you would have never understood, and vice versa, I assume.

Yes, patience comes with age, but it absolutely flourishes with children.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Miracle_Pants:

I have been there for work. Probably the nicest ME country. People there are generally very nice, like Canadian levels. They tend to be much more tolerate to non-Muslims and there are a good number of Indians living there.

What I find interesting is that they are neither Shia nor Sunni but follow a little known third branch of Islam called al-Khariji. Specifically the Ibadi school.
View Quote

I was really scared that Oman might descend into chaos when Caboosi died last year.  Fortunately, he and those who chose his successor seem to have made a wise choice.

As an aside, I was in a store last week which is run by a dude who tries to pretend he is Hispanic.  I knew he was ME but had never asked him.  We always talk though as it's a small boutique type business. This trip I asked him where he was actually from. Turns out he is from Damp, Yemen in the northern highland part of the country.  We talked congenially discussing Yemen, his hometown and his last trip home, Oman, ME in general and more. He showed me photos of he and his brother doing the Egyptian antiquities tours. Offered to teach me Arabic, etc.  Then he went on a rant against Israel's terrible (and one sided treatment of the Palestinians) actions toward the Palestinians who throw rocks, the settlements, Izzy soldiers, etc.  He ended by saying, No matter what I'm always going to have to side with my brothers back home.

Even in my small town, I now know another person to look out for when SHTF.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#24]

As a man, watching a young girl grow into a woman teaches you things you would have never understood, and vice versa, I assume.

View All Quotes

Yes sir. I look forward to it, and I'm also scared shitless at the same time. Sometimes I lie awake at night and wonder if I'm doing the best job I can. The answer, of course, is always no; because I make mistakes, too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm so pissed right now I could chew a box of 16 penny nails.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Yes sir. I look forward to it, and I'm also scared shitless at the same time. Sometimes I lie awake at night and wonder if I'm doing the best job I can. The answer, of course, is always no; because I make mistakes, too.
View All Quotes

My only daughter is about to be 8. I'm sure you're doing great. Just spend time with her. That's all they need.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
I'm so pissed right now I could chew a box of 16 penny nails.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

My only daughter is about to be 8. I'm sure you're doing great. Just spend time with her. That's all they need.
View All Quotes

Thank you. I spend time with her whenever I'm able to.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#36]

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

That's all you can do.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/20/california-sued-over-one-gun-a-month-purchase-limit/?fbclid=IwAR1u34lZXBpIC-u_pLGhSGMDC_wjZIPQ-sz1mVsZSrkY-a5tFWTHGok59AE

One of many reasons why you should care:  Hollywood - that is the film & television industries in CA are exempt from these types of laws...in violation of the 14th.  These same exemptions allow the media to populate films with the false images of full auto never reload all the things to scare the squares while they perpetuate their false narratives by glorifying hyper violence to brainwash the masses about evil black rifles.
View All Quotes
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/20/california-sued-over-one-gun-a-month-purchase-limit/?fbclid=IwAR1u34lZXBpIC-u_pLGhSGMDC_wjZIPQ-sz1mVsZSrkY-a5tFWTHGok59AE

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) filed suit Friday against California over the state's one-gun-a-month purchase limit for law-abiding citizens.

California has had a one-gun-a-month limit on handgun purchases since 1999, but legislation to expand purchase prohibition to all guns was signed by Governor Gavin Newsom (D) in 2019.

On October 11, 2019, the Sacramento Bee reported Newsom's signed the Senate Bill 61, bringing long guns under the same one-gun-a-month purchase limit that already governed handgun sales. The expanded gun rationing law is set to take effect July 1, 2021, but the SAF, the San Diego County Gun Owners PAC, North County Shooting Center, Inc., PWGG, L.P., a limited partnership, and six private citizens, are suing in hopes of securing an injunction of the purchase limits.

The lawsuit, Nguyen v. Becerra, was filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.

Plaintiffs name California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and California Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms Director Luis Lopez, claiming the officials "unconstitutionally prohibitunder pain of criminal penaltythe typical, law-abiding adult who is not prohibited from possessing and acquiring firearmseven those known to Defendants as suchfrom purchasing or receiving more than one new handgun at a time."

They add, "And as of July of 2021, that prohibition will extend to all semiautomatic centerfire rifles, thus applying to two large categories of constitutionally protected firearms that are unquestionably in common use for lawful purposes."

Plaintiffs contend limiting the number of guns law-abiding citizens can purchase in a given month represents an "infringement of "law-abiding individuals'fundamental right to keep and bear arms."

SAF founder and executive vice president Alan Gottlieb also suggested the law expanding purchase limits is discriminatory because it limits law-abiding citizens to purchasing one gun a month but allows Hollywood movie studios to continue to purchase multiple firearms.

He said, "California's one-handgun-per-month purchasing restriction is an unconstitutional prohibition that will also apply to all semiautomatic centerfire rifles starting in July. The policy discriminates against private citizens because it does not apply to motion picture, television or video production companies, which we call the 'Hollywood exemption.'"

Gottlieb added, "The way Becerra and Lopez enforce the law amounts to an infringement on the individual right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment, and a violation of the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause."
One of many reasons why you should care:  Hollywood - that is the film & television industries in CA are exempt from these types of laws...in violation of the 14th.  These same exemptions allow the media to populate films with the false images of full auto never reload all the things to scare the squares while they perpetuate their false narratives by glorifying hyper violence to brainwash the masses about evil black rifles.

Even more disturbing thing about the "Hollywood exemption".
Correct me if I am wrong but don't most prop houses use non functional (not real) firearms for 99% of movies/tv?
And don't some prop houses maintain an FFL, some even having an 07/SOT (along with all the requisite CA docs) for occasions when real NFA and AWs are needed?

I would bet this exemption exists so that those in the "in" part of Hollywood can buy pretty much whatever they want, whenever they want. If CA DOJ had the gumption to do so, audits of those who are "exempt" are likely not in possession of said firearms, that they are in the homes of many celebrities and their friends.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#47]

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Page / 5115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top