User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5112
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:38:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chicken_rider] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Doodles:

That's a BINGO!

I remember drive-by's coming in here accusing us of liking the riots and destruction. It has always been about information gathering first and foremost.

The banter and RS shenanigans is more for a vent to keep sanity and building camaraderie.
View Quote

Smells like ass in here but I keep coming back
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

They scared
View Quote

Yep....I just watched Pelosi's Press Conference.....They be scared...... The Patriots are in their heads......
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Well this isn't good https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-taiwan-idUSKBN29X0V3

View Quote

Yep now is the best time for China to make a move on Taiwan. Now that uncle sniffy is the CIC. Following our predictions.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's a BINGO!

I remember drive-by's coming in here accusing us of liking the riots and destruction. It has always been about information gathering first and foremost.

The banter and RS shenanigans is more for a vent to keep sanity and building camaraderie.

Hygiene will be addressed during a future field trip.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Toilet paper doesn't come cheap and can be hard to find at times, you know................
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#6]
Post 12000

CDQC, Key West, FL 85'
Attachment Attached File

Germany 89'
Attachment Attached File

Scotland 90'
Attachment Attached File

Panama City, FL 93'
Attachment Attached File

Jordan 95'
Attachment Attached File

Combat_Diver

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Yep now is the best time for China to make a move on Taiwan. Now that uncle sniffy is the CIC. Following our predictions.
View Quote

Wouldnt surprise me in the least....in fact I expect it before much longer. I think the chicoms expected us to still have Trump in command and the WuFlu to have done more damage, but they'll roll with it, change invasion tactics around, now that their puppet is in play, and it'll be that much easier for them after whatever red-flag-op they decide on pulling.

ChiCom Cocksuckers will FLEX, count on it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I run outa TP , so I used your pillow case
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

To represent the soldiers that preformed guard duty there.
SGT Jeff Harper
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/E0JK8D/picture-of-an-american-soldier-at-checkpoint-charlie-in-berlin-germany-E0JK8D.jpg
Backside is a unknown Soviet soldier
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B1EEJ6/portrait-of-a-soviet-soldier-by-franc-thiel-displayed-at-checkpoint-B1EEJ6.jpg

Last time I was there was summer of 03'

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

I was going to ask.   I guessed correctly.  What's the portrait about?

To represent the soldiers that preformed guard duty there.
SGT Jeff Harper
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/E0JK8D/picture-of-an-american-soldier-at-checkpoint-charlie-in-berlin-germany-E0JK8D.jpg
Backside is a unknown Soviet soldier
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B1EEJ6/portrait-of-a-soviet-soldier-by-franc-thiel-displayed-at-checkpoint-B1EEJ6.jpg

Last time I was there was summer of 03'

CD

I took that when I was back home
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:

I stopped watching streams like 2 months ago. Sometimes I watch highlight reels on youtube. It was not really about "enjoying riots" per se; it was about not knowing what would happen next or what you might see on a stream. I would call it "monitoring the progress of the collapse of civilization". These riots are just birth pangs for the coming dark times in America. When it really starts to kick off, we'll all know it - and one by one, many will leave this thread to tend to their own well being.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
PS:  I know some of y'all still enjoy riots, but I have long since lost my appetite for watching destruction and foolishness.

I stopped watching streams like 2 months ago. Sometimes I watch highlight reels on youtube. It was not really about "enjoying riots" per se; it was about not knowing what would happen next or what you might see on a stream. I would call it "monitoring the progress of the collapse of civilization". These riots are just birth pangs for the coming dark times in America. When it really starts to kick off, we'll all know it - and one by one, many will leave this thread to tend to their own well being.

Same here, but add in the rumblings from many over the Gamestop stocks and the manipulation by the elites to reclassify and restrict people's actions and the whole thing could go French revolution on multiple fronts.  Trampling the Constitution, restricting free speech, not allowing others to play Capitalist games, this could get very bumpy going forward.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
Okay for all the stock brokers in here, what is the deal with the Gamestop Stock.  I haven't been able to keep up with it.  From what I think I know is Elon said something and the stock price went through the roof.  Then I guess they halted trading on it for some reason or wanted to.

Maybe I live in an alternate reality but I just don't see the economy making it much longer on false hopes with the new overlords.  They killed at least 11k jobs in one pen stroke, damage thousands of others that support the industry that got the axe.  Now want to make $15 minimum wage so when you walk into taco bell there might be 2 people working but they only work on the robots that make the food.  Unemployment will be going up others can't afford to keep employees and I am sure there are plenty of other things that are not going to help.  Oh wait, forgot to add the extra 11 million illegals to support for college in the US....

I feel like my broken clock doesn't even get it right once a day much less twice....
View Quote

Not a broker.  

Gamestop is a bricks and mortar store that in recent years apparently made most of their money off of the secondary market in used consoles and games (ie: buy back used consoles and games and resell them).

Increasingly more and more games are available as digital downloads coupled with the fact that consoles and the like can easily be purchased online.  So the company's fundamentals aren't great, their last earnings report showed them losing 4.18 per share with cash flow per share of negative 2.81.  

At least one hedge fund - Melvin Capital - was betting on their bankruptcy by selling short shares of their stock.  So they would get a locate or borrow on shares from someone who owned the stock, sell it in the market with the expectation they would be able to buy back the shares they sold short for less than what they sold them for.  For example, if they sold stock short at $20 and the stock dropped to $10 they could buy back at $10, return the shares they borrowed and would make $10 per share.

Someone involved in the online company Chewy, made an investment in and/or joined the board of Gamestop last summer.  This led some to believe that Gamestop would pivot to an online only model and remain viable.  People on wallstreetbets (a reddit board) figured out that there was a large amount of shares sold short in Gamestop and thus it might be susceptible to what is known as a short squeeze.  A short squeeze is when the stock moves higher causing losses for those who have sold the stock short.  Eventually when the losses become too great, the short sellers are forced to buy back the stock they sold short.  Sometimes those forced buy backs come in the form of margin calls so they have to buy at all costs.  That short covering activity can spur the stock price higher and higher, causing more margin calls for short sellers who then rush to buy more shares.

So some disaggregated group of people on wallstreetbets apparently began buying Gamestop stock.  Their collective buying was enough to cause the price of the stock to rise high enough to cause much pain and suffering for the short sellers.  Add some short covering and the stock went into low earth orbit.  At some point people who bought will want to sell.  

So the stock has been a bit volatile as of late.  Just today it has traded as high as $485 and as low as $115.  It has been halted numerous times and is currently around $275 as of 12:34pm EST.

TLDR:  when there are crazy imbalances in supply and demand prices go nuts...  kind of like ammo these days...

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#14]
Why do we even need belts?  They can sew the velcro right into the pants to make them both secure and adjustable.  I'm wearing a pair now.   This is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:53:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#16]
Originally Posted By Win1300:

Not a broker.  

Gamestop is a bricks and mortar store that in recent years apparently made most of their money off of the secondary market in used consoles and games (ie: buy back used consoles and games and resell them).

Increasingly more and more games are available as digital downloads coupled with the fact that consoles and the like can easily be purchased online.  So the company's fundamentals aren't great, their last earnings report showed them losing 4.18 per share with cash flow per share of negative 2.81.  

At least one hedge fund - Melvin Capital - was betting on their bankruptcy by selling short shares of their stock.  So they would get a locate or borrow on shares from someone who owned the stock, sell it in the market with the expectation they would be able to buy back the shares they sold short for less than what they sold them for.  For example, if they sold stock short at $20 and the stock dropped to $10 they could buy back at $10, return the shares they borrowed and would make $10 per share.

Someone involved in the online company Chewy, made an investment in and/or joined the board of Gamestop last summer.  This led some to believe that Gamestop would pivot to an online only model and remain viable.  People on wallstreetbets (a reddit board) figured out that there was a large amount of shares sold short in Gamestop and thus it might be susceptible to what is known as a short squeeze.  A short squeeze is when the stock moves higher causing losses for those who have sold the stock short.  Eventually when the losses become too great, the short sellers are forced to buy back the stock they sold short.  Sometimes those forced buy backs come in the form of margin calls so they have to buy at all costs.  That short covering activity can spur the stock price higher and higher, causing more margin calls for short sellers who then rush to buy more shares.

So some disaggregated group of people on wallstreetbets apparently began buying Gamestop stock.  Their collective buying was enough to cause the price of the stock to rise high enough to cause much pain and suffering for the short sellers.  Add some short covering and the stock went into low earth orbit.  At some point people who bought will want to sell.  

So the stock has been a bit volatile as of late.  Just today it has traded as high as $485 and as low as $115.  It has been halted numerous times and is currently around $275 as of 12:34pm EST.

TLDR:  when there are crazy imbalances in supply and demand prices go nuts...  kind of like ammo these days...

View Quote

I understood about 87% of that........or not....  Thanks for the explanation, hope quite a few loose their ass.  Knowing my luck though I have some sort of mutual fund attached to it somehow.....

ETA...would it be too much trouble for Soro's and company to have invested heavily in shorting this stock...,.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I understood about 87% of that........or not....  Thanks for the explanation, hope quite a few loose their ass.  Knowing my luck though I have some sort of mutual fund attached to it somehow.....

ETA...would it be too much trouble for Soro's and company to have invested heavily in shorting this stock...,.
View Quote
We want the HEDGE FUNDS to lose their ass, not the little guy. Hedge funds have been doing shit like this (market manipulation) for decades and making obscene amounts of money. Then when a bunch of redditors do it, they cry foul and shut down everything. The Robin Hood app is limiting buying right now on several stocks. People are getting a bit panicky. Watch and see how this affects the market as a whole. I have a good track record for predictions in this thread, and I predict some extreme volatility in the next couple of months, perhaps a crash. Plus now that the Trump salad days are over, people will want to get out before things get really bad.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#18]

what about it?   or you just mean , 'get some' ?
View Quote

Get some.

I'm just being helpful.

I like being helpful.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:15:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#19]
We want the HEDGE FUNDS to lose their ass, not the little guy. Hedge funds have been doing shit like this (market manipulation) for decades and making obscene amounts of money. Then when a bunch of redditors do it, they cry foul and shut down everything. The Robin Hood app is limiting buying right now on several stocks. People are getting a bit panicky. Watch and see how this affects the market as a whole. I have a good track record for predictions in this thread, and I predict some extreme volatility in the next couple of months, perhaps a crash. Plus now that the Trump salad days are over, people will want to get out before things get really bad.
View Quote

Well I moved about a 1/4 of my stuff that was in a high risk to low risk about 3 days ago.  I just haven't kept up with the market since because I got handed a box of "you been screwed" at work .  I was trying to sleep but now have insomnia.....  All I can say is when I crash it will be epic....
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#20]

but first I have to find my glasses
View Quote

Try  the top of your head first. Lol

That's another sign of life after 50.

Don't ask me how I know.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Understand, I stated that terrible for what I meant.  I hope several hedge funds loose their ass.  Not sure how many did it though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do we even need belts?  They can sew the velcro right into the pants to make them both secure and adjustable.  I'm wearing a pair now.   This is bullshit.
View Quote

Other option is braces ie suspenders.  My EDC stays on my belt which supports gun and mags.  Always attached to me in layers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Don't ask me how I know.

View Quote

there was a pair there as I read this.  you suck.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Eh...I was married for 5 years and a month.  Lived as a couple for 2.5 years.  The divorce lasted 19 months from the time I filled to the time the Judge struck the hammer in the court room (the appeals were after that).  She moved out of the house but would come by to torcher me by staying up and watching TV all night with the volume up while I was trying to sleep for work.  Stole my phone in the middle of the night and tried to hack into it.  I threatened to call the cops if she didn't return it because it had location tracking turned on plus I am sure her phone wasn't far away.  She returned it in my spare bathroom in a cup of water......  I guess I should have been more specific on the return details.....  Lawyer said to drop it, going after petty stuff won't work out in the end with this Judge.  If she had set my car/house on fire it would have been a bit different.

I asked my lawyer what I could do but she said unfortunately nothing really.  Since it was the legal residence while we were married and the divorce wasn't final she had just as much right to be there as me......  It took a toll on me but I was able to ignore her enough that she went insane.  Then I got her locked out of the house and a restraining order due to threats on human life....only after 9 months of torcher....
View Quote

Some people are just weird. It never would have occurred to me to return to my husband's home (I bought him out of our house) nor to allow him back in mine. So many better things to do.

Well, there was that one night I let him come visit at Christmas, a few months after we separated. But we weren't fighting. Lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Other option is braces ie suspenders.  My EDC stays on my belt which supports gun and mags.  Always attached to me in layers.

CD
View Quote

right - but that could be a gun/pistol/war belt that you put on after the pants.    -or- you could have velcro pants with stiffened molle built-in to hang shit on.   I'm just saying the actual belt through the loops, sans tools, is nothing but a hoax perpetrated by the haberdashery consortium and BIG BELT.   scary times.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#26]

I had to save that foxy anime gif. Without all the usual accompanied questions.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Don't ask me how I know.

View Quote
Been there done that, many times
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:04:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#31]
If anyone would like to help saving some puppies from my AO.  Shooter is trying to Rescue them.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/War-Rescue-of-puppies-from-Afghanistan/154-2420525/&page=1&anc=-1

Thanks
CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Don't ask me how I know.

Mmmmaybe.......but the frames on mine are purple 💜

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#33]

That's a BINGO!

View Quote

Growing up I heard time and again, "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see". I'd add that what you see needs to be taken in context. Media has become entirely agenda driven. What they allow people to see is a chosen snippet of time for which they dictate the context.

Vast majority of people don't how crazy all this has been. When they see it, the reaction is overwhelmingly "holy shit".
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Possibly riot-related:

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#35]
An actual peaceful protest:

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

Growing up I heard time and again, "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see". I'd add that what you see needs to be taken in context. Media has become entirely agenda driven. What they allow people to see is a chosen snippet of time for which they dictate the context.

Vast majority of people don't how crazy all this has been. When they see it, the reaction is overwhelmingly "holy shit".
View Quote

Indeed very true. I try to describe and explain what's really going on to friends and family.

I either get the deer in the headlights look or the "you're being hyperbolic".

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Plus now that the Trump salad days are over, people will want to get out before things get really bad.
View Quote

If you get out, where do you go?

Cash isn't something I trust to hold value either.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#39]
Originally Posted By djohn:

View Quote

I dunno they look kinda rowdy. May need to bring in the NG to quell them.

Keep an eye on Nanna over there. She looks radical. Probably should spice her for good measure JIC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By xmission:

If you get out, where do you go?

Cash isn't something I trust to hold value either.
View Quote

This is arfcom - the obvious answer is MRE's, reloading supplies and ammo
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Keep an eye on Nanna over there. She looks radical. Probably should spice her for good measure JIC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djohn:

Probably going to need an arclight strike to suppress that amount of evil gathered in one place.  They can rebuild 4 city blocks when the enemy has been destroyed </sarcasm>
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Win1300:

This is arfcom - the obvious answer is MRE's, reloading supplies and ammo
View Quote

I'm in deep on those, and baofangs
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Riot free zone.

Unless they stop serving booze

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#45]

Indeed very true. I try to describe and explain what's really going on to friends and family.

I either get the deer in the headlights look or the "you're being hyperbolic".

View Quote

I get the "so your one of those deplorables" looks...depending on if the FBI or some other three letter agency is at my door staring at my invisible dog depends if I or .

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
The first three comments
View Quote

Unifying
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:16:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everybodygotone] [#47]
Gaetz in Wy. Calling out Biden, Cheney, Romney, McConnell, globalism, etc... No BS commie drama. Speech starts at 31:00

Right Side Broadcasting Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIKi3GlwJoU
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Riot free zone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62443/20210128_145905_jpg-1800845.JPG
View Quote

Isn't this, like, the third day in a row you've been eating that?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#49]

I'm less than 10 years from needing readers.... but Lasik has kept me glasses/contact free for almost 20 years now
View Quote

I made it to 55 with 20/20 perfect vision. Now I have lovely purple framed readers (Tortoise shell ones for dress up days, lol), or I can barely see my phone. Keep a pair in my truck for grocery shopping too.

That might help explain some of my weird posts and answers here at times now.  Pushing buttons I can't see indiscriminately.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
Riot free zone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62443/20210128_145905_jpg-1800845.JPG

Definitely the 3rd time this week!  

5.99 for the queso, plus 7.2 beer and across the street from my hotel for a no-dwi experience
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top