Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#2]
Well, I'm guessing because 4230 isn't populating, it must be mine.
EDIT: Yep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
@Doodles @Mariner82

I this conceivable? Believable?

Copypasta:

"I was once on a US military ship, having breakfast in the wardroom (officers lounge) when the Operations Officer (OPS) walks in. This guy was the definition of NOT a morning person; he's still half asleep, bleary eyed basically a zombie with a bagel. He sits down across from me to eat his bagel and is just barely conscious. My back is to the outboard side of the ship, and the morning sun is blazing in one of the portholes putting a big bright-a** circle of light right on his barely conscious face. He's squinting and chewing and basically just remembering how to be alive for today. It's painful to watch.

But then zombie-OPS stops chewing, slowly picks up the phone, and dials the bridge. In his well-known I'm-still-totally-asleep voice, he says 'heeeey. It's OPS. Could you shift our barpat yeah, one six five. Thanks.' And puts the phone down. And then he just sits there. Squinting. Waiting.

And then, ever so slowly, I realize that that big blazing spot of sun has begun to slide off the zombie's face and onto the wall behind him. After a moment it clears his face and he blinks slowly a few times and the brilliant beauty of what I've just witnessed begins to overwhelm me. By ordering the bridge to adjust the ship's back-and-forth patrol by about 15 degrees, he's changed our course just enough to reposition the sun off of his face. He's literally just redirected thousands of tons of steel and hundreds of people so that he could get the sun out of his eyes while he eats his bagel. I am in awe.

He slowly picks up his bagel and for a moment I'm terrified at the thought that his own genius may escape him, that he may never appreciate the epic brilliance of his laziness (since he's not going to wake up for another hour). But between his next bites he pauses, looks at me, and gives me the faintest, sly grin, before returning to gnaw slowly on his zombie bagel."
View Quote
lol.  Depends on what was going on and what the Captain's standing orders were. If they were independent steaming and the standing orders didn't require the OOD to call the CO before any course change, then it's completely believable.  Depends on how much slack there is in the Path of Intended Movement too.  If you're just tooling along at 8 kts with a load of time before you have to be at the next waypoint, then sure - you can wander off track for half an hour or so and then kick it up a couple knots to regain PIM with no problem.  And since OPS is responsible for the schedule...

Would have been easier to ask the Wardroom steward or the nearest Ensign to close the deadlight but the copypasta makes a better sea story.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
lol.  Depends on what was going on and what the Captain's standing orders were. If they were independent steaming and the standing orders didn't require the OOD to call the CO before any course change, then it's completely believable.  Depends on how much slack there is in the Path of Intended Movement too.  If you're just tooling along at 8 kts with a load of time before you have to be at the next waypoint, then sure - you can wander off track for half an hour or so and then kick it up a couple knots to regain PIM with no problem.  And since OPS is responsible for the schedule...

Would have been easier to ask the Wardroom steward or the nearest Ensign to close the deadlight though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@Doodles @Mariner82

Copypasta:

"I was once on a US military ship, having breakfast in the wardroom (officers lounge) when the Operations Officer (OPS) walks in. This guy was the definition of NOT a morning person; he's still half asleep, bleary eyed basically a zombie with a bagel. He sits down across from me to eat his bagel and is just barely conscious. My back is to the outboard side of the ship, and the morning sun is blazing in one of the portholes putting a big bright-a** circle of light right on his barely conscious face. He's squinting and chewing and basically just remembering how to be alive for today. It's painful to watch.

But then zombie-OPS stops chewing, slowly picks up the phone, and dials the bridge. In his well-known I'm-still-totally-asleep voice, he says 'heeeey. It's OPS. Could you shift our barpat yeah, one six five. Thanks.' And puts the phone down. And then he just sits there. Squinting. Waiting.

And then, ever so slowly, I realize that that big blazing spot of sun has begun to slide off the zombie's face and onto the wall behind him. After a moment it clears his face and he blinks slowly a few times and the brilliant beauty of what I've just witnessed begins to overwhelm me. By ordering the bridge to adjust the ship's back-and-forth patrol by about 15 degrees, he's changed our course just enough to reposition the sun off of his face. He's literally just redirected thousands of tons of steel and hundreds of people so that he could get the sun out of his eyes while he eats his bagel. I am in awe.

He slowly picks up his bagel and for a moment I'm terrified at the thought that his own genius may escape him, that he may never appreciate the epic brilliance of his laziness (since he's not going to wake up for another hour). But between his next bites he pauses, looks at me, and gives me the faintest, sly grin, before returning to gnaw slowly on his zombie bagel."

Would have been easier to ask the Wardroom steward or the nearest Ensign to close the deadlight though.

Thanks! I was wondering why there wouldn't be a window shade or something.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
@Doodles @Mariner82

Copypasta:

"I was once on a US military ship, having breakfast in the wardroom (officers lounge) when the Operations Officer (OPS) walks in. This guy was the definition of NOT a morning person; he’s still half asleep, bleary eyed… basically a zombie with a bagel. He sits down across from me to eat his bagel and is just barely conscious. My back is to the outboard side of the ship, and the morning sun is blazing in one of the portholes putting a big bright-a** circle of light right on his barely conscious face. He’s squinting and chewing and basically just remembering how to be alive for today. It’s painful to watch.

But then zombie-OPS stops chewing, slowly picks up the phone, and dials the bridge. In his well-known I’m-still-totally-asleep voice, he says ‘heeeey. It’s OPS. Could you… shift our barpat… yeah, one six five. Thanks.’ And puts the phone down. And then he just sits there. Squinting. Waiting.

And then, ever so slowly, I realize that that big blazing spot of sun has begun to slide off the zombie’s face and onto the wall behind him. After a moment it clears his face and he blinks slowly a few times and the brilliant beauty of what I’ve just witnessed begins to overwhelm me. By ordering the bridge to adjust the ship’s back-and-forth patrol by about 15 degrees, he’s changed our course just enough to reposition the sun off of his face. He’s literally just redirected thousands of tons of steel and hundreds of people so that he could get the sun out of his eyes while he eats his bagel. I am in awe.

He slowly picks up his bagel and for a moment I’m terrified at the thought that his own genius may escape him, that he may never appreciate the epic brilliance of his laziness (since he’s not going to wake up for another hour). But between his next bites he pauses, looks at me, and gives me the faintest, sly grin, before returning to gnaw slowly on his zombie bagel."
View Quote

From my experience.....no.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mockingbird1836:
Doodles!! I feel like I haven't talked to you in foreverrrr
View Quote

we're all wondering about you !
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#7]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

View All Quotes
@Doodles @Mariner82

Copypasta:

"I was once on a US military ship, having breakfast in the wardroom (officers lounge) when the Operations Officer (OPS) walks in. This guy was the definition of NOT a morning person; he’s still half asleep, bleary eyed… basically a zombie with a bagel. He sits down across from me to eat his bagel and is just barely conscious. My back is to the outboard side of the ship, and the morning sun is blazing in one of the portholes putting a big bright-a** circle of light right on his barely conscious face. He’s squinting and chewing and basically just remembering how to be alive for today. It’s painful to watch.

But then zombie-OPS stops chewing, slowly picks up the phone, and dials the bridge. In his well-known I’m-still-totally-asleep voice, he says ‘heeeey. It’s OPS. Could you… shift our barpat… yeah, one six five. Thanks.’ And puts the phone down. And then he just sits there. Squinting. Waiting.

And then, ever so slowly, I realize that that big blazing spot of sun has begun to slide off the zombie’s face and onto the wall behind him. After a moment it clears his face and he blinks slowly a few times and the brilliant beauty of what I’ve just witnessed begins to overwhelm me. By ordering the bridge to adjust the ship’s back-and-forth patrol by about 15 degrees, he’s changed our course just enough to reposition the sun off of his face. He’s literally just redirected thousands of tons of steel and hundreds of people so that he could get the sun out of his eyes while he eats his bagel. I am in awe.

He slowly picks up his bagel and for a moment I’m terrified at the thought that his own genius may escape him, that he may never appreciate the epic brilliance of his laziness (since he’s not going to wake up for another hour). But between his next bites he pauses, looks at me, and gives me the faintest, sly grin, before returning to gnaw slowly on his zombie bagel."

I reckon this wouldn't apply to that thing you know about. You know, because... reasons. My bad.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Translated:  she realizes the case isn't winnable, so she's tossing it to someone else so as not to torch her political career when they're exonerated.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
hey fcsd i heard 8 dead in a frozen nitro spill ? were they in it ? wtf happened ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

Translated:  she realizes the case isn't winnable, so she's tossing it to someone else so as not to torch her political career when they're exonerated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michigan66:

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
But you're a bubblehead.  You don't get bothered by the sun streaming through portlights.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:25:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#12]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:
hey fcsd i heard 8 dead in a frozen nitro spill ? were they in it ? wtf happened ?
View Quote

It's the AJC, so take it for what it's worth.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/hazmat-situation-shuts-down-roadway-in-gainesville
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Win1300:
Here's the text of HR 127

Everyone here should take the time to read this.  Here is how it starts.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127/text?r=19&s=1

"(a) In general.The Attorney General, through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, shall establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States.

"(b) Firearm registration system.

"(1) REQUIRED INFORMATION.Under the firearm registration system, the owner of a firearm shall transmit to the Bureau

"(A) the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored; and

"(B) a notice specifying the identity of any person to whom, and any period of time during which, the firearm will be loaned to the person.

"(2) DEADLINE FOR SUPPLYING INFORMATION.The transmission required by paragraph (1) shall be made

"(A) in the case of a firearm acquired before the effective date of this section, within 3 months after the effective date of this section; or

"(B) in the case of a firearm acquired on or after the effective date, on the date the owner acquires the firearm.
View Quote

will.not.comply.also.suck.my.nutz.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]

well yea that's what i heard today just curious if you had  more.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#15]
But you're a bubblehead.  You don't get bothered by the sun streaming through portlights.  
View Quote

Exactly

ETA: If we see sunlight in the wardroom we gotz some major issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

No sir. I'm way south of there. What you know is what I know. But if I happen to hear anything, I'll let you know. Got a few buddies up that way.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RSG:
Can't imagine living like this, but many similar stories in the replies.  Have these people not heard of the wondrous power of masks? Do you know or have heard of someone living like this?

View Quote

By now, she must finally be thin enough to be attractive OR on the verge of starvation.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
Some actual riot action!  Where the hell did they get all these new pallets to use as barracades?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Oz_SvWeO0
View Quote

Don't know about there. Even in my small town, I can get all the pallets i want, behind businesses, that have been thrown out for trash pick up. I used to grab some every now and then to make outdoor swings and things with.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

As a non-morning and current mil person, I want to believe that story.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

By now, she must finally be thin enough to be attractive OR on the verge of starvation.  

View All Quotes
Can't imagine living like this, but many similar stories in the replies.  Have these people not heard of the wondrous power of masks? Do you know or have heard of someone living like this?

Now, we all know just how country you are.

Aside from a multitude of restaurants, groceries also deliver.  There's an app for that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By djohn:

Very cool photos - as always!

The subject matter reminds me of some pictures my wife took on an assignment back in the late eighties:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/wic6-1801205.jpg

I've got some proper scans around here somewhere. I'd have to check my notes, but I think it was the WIC FTX.

View Quote

Nice. Always loved the Klepper

CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#22]

@Combat_Diver

these photos. Awesome SF unit flag especially.
View Quote

@Cecenrse

Thank you

CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#23]

So, a snipe sniffer, c'mon man.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

I never got within 4 feet of her but strong sense of smell.  

I am polite and respectful and a good tipper

So, a snipe sniffer, c'mon man.

My senses are atuned to said smells
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#24]

waitress sniffer
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Riot free zone.

Unless they stop serving booze

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62443/20210128_145905_jpg-1800845.JPG

Isn't this, like, the third day in a row you've been eating that?

Definitely the 3rd time this week!  

5.99 for the queso, plus 7.2 beer and across the street from my hotel for a no-dwi experience

Hells yeah. Don't blame you. Does it taste as good as it looks?

Hell yes.  This is my go to on the trip, 6 days 5 nights total. Might get home before 10pm tomorrow

I mean, you can't beat beer and queso. In my eyes, at least.

Beautiful, nice, and nice smelling waitress doesn't suck either.  

Local brewery beer too, Back Pew which I enjoy as a name and beer

A waitress sniffer ehh? Brave man. The bar waitresses I know would slap a full size man off his barstool for an uninvited sniff. Just sayin.....

waitress sniffer

Have you seen me sniff a waitress?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
My neighbor quit her job and stayed home for months. This Christmas her daughter and son-in-law came to visit, she didn't let them in the house. They visited outside on the patio for six hours in the freezing cold.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Pics or GTFO!
View All Quotes

At dinner with a beautiful client now it doesnt

Well more drinks and food with a foxy client doesn't suck

Pics or GTFO!

You'll never get pics of my clients!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Or she's stress eating pints of Ben & Jerry's and can't leave the house because she doesn't fit through the door anymore.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Your alive !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8jBHvy9G8
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#29]

No complaints. Holding course.
View Quote
That's good!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#30]

we're all wondering about you !
View Quote
I'm here!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

When you say "clients", I picture you with an OnlyFans account.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Riot free zone.

5.99 for the queso, plus 7.2 beer and across the street from my hotel for a no-dwi experience

Hell yes.  This is my go to on the trip, 6 days 5 nights total. Might get home before 10pm tomorrow

A waitress sniffer ehh? Brave man. The bar waitresses I know would slap a full size man off his barstool for an uninvited sniff. Just sayin.....

waitress sniffer

you did not sniff the waitress when we met for lunch. For that reason alone, I decided we could be friends.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

Link your OnlyFans account now please. Everyone.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#34]
@Doodles @Mariner82

Copypasta:

View Quote

MAY not be true, BUT sounds totes believable to me.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

Pics of granny.....in bathing suit if possible.
View Quote

I know you're joking, BUT if you've got a Granny fetish...I actually do have one of her at the beach in a swim suit. NOT one of those "devil's bikini's" though.  

Granny was opposite of me. She was tall and thin, with size 10 feet. Literally her feet were twice the size mine are as an adult. God rest her soul and I loved her to death, but she had a face that could stop a mack truck or she would have been model material.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

I don't have one. Imma go make one. Hang on...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Did you know...

...that Mount and Blade Warband has a mod called 'In the land of Ice, and Fire'...it's based on 'Game of Thrones'...

By the way...those white walker things, or whatever they are called, will fuck you up.  

I had an army of 240 decent mid to upper range northern troops...against 40 white walkers...we lost.

One must have Valyrian weapons, and/or obsidian arrows to have a chance against them...even then, losses will be high as hell.

It was a 'riot' of epic proportions, and mayhem.

Metallica-Master Of Puppets (Lyrics)

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Give us the link so I can send you that same fat laughing seal GIF that I sent to Arex (I think it was her) that night she posted up her link and photos (right before she blocked me).

Not cause you're fat, but just because it was so dang funny.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#39]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
Did you know...

...that Mount and Blade Warband has a mod called 'In the land of Ice, and Fire'...it's based on 'Game of Thrones'...

By the way...those white walker things, or whatever they are called, will fuck you up.  

I had an army of 240 decent mid to upper range northern troops...against 40 white walkers...we lost.

One must have Valyrian weapons, and/or obsidian arrows to have a chance against them...even then, losses will be high as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKhsTXoKCI

View Quote

(Kidding) Don't nerd out on me.

Give us the link so I can send you that same fat laughing seal GIF that I sent to Arex (I think it was her) that night she posted up her link and photos (right before she blocked me).

Not cause you're fat, but just because it was so dang funny.

View Quote

NO! Not now. I'm going home.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

That'd be hideous.  

Most all my clients are womenz and I never post any of them, as I'd like to keep them as clients
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]

you did not sniff the waitress when we met for lunch. For that reason alone, I decided we could be friends.

View All Quotes
Riot free zone.

waitress sniffer

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

Onlyfans.com/freakinout
Don't actually go there as I dunno of that's real or noy
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Onlyfans.com/freakinout

View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

Onlyfans.com/freakinout

trust me. I don't want onlyfans on my search history. Don't even want to know what kind of ads would start popping up on my phone after that
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#45]
How I picture Cece's weekend, making vids for bait for future basement dwellers...

Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman

Once she gets you home, and down in the hole...the mask comes off...and she starts singing...

"Precious burdon I capture deep inside
What would my life be without pain in me?

I rely on what you need, devour what you feed
'Cause what I try to breed is me in you
There's no one else to blame, this is my favourite pain
And all I want to gain is myself in you..."

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#46]

That'd be hideous.  

Most all my clients are womenz and I never post any of them, as I'd like to keep them as clients
View Quote

Understood.

Onlyfans.com/freakinout
View Quote

Well, there it is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#47]

I know you're joking, BUT if you've got a Granny fetish...I actually do have one of her at the beach in a swim suit. NOT one of those "devil's bikini's" though.  

Granny was opposite of me. She was tall and thin, with size 10 feet. Literally her feet were twice the size mine are as an adult. God rest her soul and I loved her to death, but she had a face that could stop a mack truck or she would have been model material.  

View Quote

any pics of young granny looking away?  (no fetish)

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
Did you know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKhsTXoKCI

View Quote

I think I saw the movie ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Those of you who actually get your teeth cleaned, do you throw down for the extra spray on flouride?  Or is that like the guy in Fargo selling new vehicle undercoating? asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

Pics or GTFO!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif

Working on it.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top