User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5112
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

OK.
So the "these aren't my pants" excuse is good to go in Washington? Fucking clown world. I would need a mathematician to figure out the number of times I have heard that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:
WA Supreme Court basically legalized drug possession

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvGD3PKXAAQIAuo?format=jpg&name=small

OK.
So the "these aren't my pants" excuse is good to go in Washington? Fucking clown world. I would need a mathematician to figure out the number of times I have heard that.

48 states in the union require a mens rea of "knowingly" for possession crimes.

Only Washington and Florida have strict liability possession offenses, some of them being felony offenses.  Imagine someone tossing a felony amount of oxy into the bed of your pick up while you're parked somewhere.  You leave get pulled over and the officer finds it.  You would have no defense.  It's in your possession, and now your off to prison.

It's a good court ruling out of Washington.  It doesn't legalize drugs inasmuch as it makes it illegal to prosecute people for possession crimes and not allow them some form of defense.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I got told I'm not a Texan on a channel on telegram
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
View Quote

Do you talk like a Noo Yawka?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

Only Washington and Florida have strict liability possession offenses, some of them being felony offenses.  Imagine someone tossing a felony amount of oxy into the bed of your pick up while you're parked somewhere.  You leave get pulled over and the officer finds it.  You would have no defense.  It's in your possession, and now your off to prison.

It's a good court ruling out of Washington.  It doesn't legalize drugs inasmuch as it makes it illegal to prosecute people for possession crimes and not allow them some form of defense.
View Quote

Valid reasoning.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I can't even help from saying ya'll 3287 times a day
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have Twitter or Facebook but some people may need to be reminded the nobody is above the law.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/25/clyde-black-issues-peace-warrants-biden-fauci-ahea/
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I haven't watched this one yet but the first tw0 were good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72XLTfmcaAw
View Quote

That was good, reminded me of my gunnery sim.

M60A3 gunnery - Sound mod demo

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I don't have Twitter or Facebook but some people may need to be reminded the nobody is above the law.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/25/clyde-black-issues-peace-warrants-biden-fauci-ahea/
View Quote

Feds will be in shortly to destroy that county
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
NYC Chancellor of Schools - Richard Carranza resigns 3 years into a 4 year contract.  Guy was a worthless POS.  His replacement is worse...

https://nypost.com/2021/02/26/good-riddance-to-the-worst-schools-chancellor-in-nyc-history-2/

In his first year, he subjected “principals, central office supervisors and superintendent teams” to ridiculous presentations on white privilege. As Susan Edelman, Selim Algar and Aaron Feis reported at the time, “White employees who object when accused of harboring deep-seated bias are branded ‘fragile’ and ‘defensive,’ one insider who received the training has said.”

The City sunk $23 million into presentations like these.

His replacement

https://nypost.com/2021/02/26/who-is-the-new-nyc-schools-chancellor-meisha-ross-porter/

Before she was named as new schools czar on Friday following Richard Carranza’s sudden resignation, Porter made headlines for throwing herself a lavish $45,000 birthday blowout in 2019 that also celebrated her promotion to Bronx executive superintendent.

The $111-per-person, 400-guest affair featured buffet, DJ and open bar at the Villa Barone Manor in the Bronx. Porter showed up to the bash in a glittery white frock and tiara and made a grand entrance into the ballroom in a glass elevator — a special touch that cost $500 extra.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/20/nyc-educator-fired-for-refusing-black-panther-salute-suit/

A veteran Bronx educator claims she was fired in part because she refused to mimic a salute to Black power from the 2018 comic-book movie “Black Panther” during superintendent meetings.

At official gatherings of high-level Department of Education bosses, then-Bronx superintendent Meisha Ross Porter often asked the group to do the arms-across-the-chest gesture of solidarity from the mythical African nation of Wakanda. The salute is considered a symbol of empowerment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

OK.

Yeah, but, you're thinking like a lawyer and I'm thinking like a cop.
Seriously, your explanation is something I hadn't considered. It is a good thought exercise, though. I sometimes forget about mens rea and actus reus and how it might apply to a given circumstance. Anyway, if you got the shit on you here, you might beat rap but you ain't beating the ride. That's why I'm not a judge.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Yeah-ull, or y'all?

I'm a lifelong Ohioan, and I say y'all with some regularity.  Maybe it's because I'm originally from southern Ahia.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MotorMouth] [#18]

Seriously, your explanation is something I hadn't considered. It is a good thought exercise, though. I sometimes forget about mens rea and actus reus and how it might apply to a given circumstance. Anyway, if you got the shit on you here, you might beat rap but you ain't beating the ride. That's why I'm not a judge.
View All Quotes

OK.

It's knowingly almost everywhere, as is the "these aren't even my pants defense," and ask yourself, how often does that defense work. I can't think of a single cop, or even a set of facts that would persuade a cop to believe that line of bull.

These aren't even my pants.

Uh-hunh, watch your head.

The "not my pants defense" has worked on only one occasion that I'm aware of in my entire career.  The Flying Tire Salesman pulled over a guy for speeding, he had a warrant on him, it wasn't his car, and the pistol under the driver's wasn't his nor was it registered as stolen.  The trooper believed the guy because the car was, in fact, borrowed with permission, he was cooperative about the warrant, completely non-combative, and seemed genuinely surprised/freaked out about the gun. The car owner also denied ownership of the gun.  Neither the OSP nor my Sheriff's Department could track down the gun's owner.

My Sheriff's Department held on to that gun for a few years, before I made the put it up for auction.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I've Got a Rock 'N' Roll Heart
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Eh. Some people reach a certain station in life, they think they are untouchable as long as they aren't in the town square.
View Quote

he said shit in my presence I couldn't unhear.  only outdone by the late great jonathan winters.   he was a filthy human.  marine I think?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't care if chicks hate them, I will fight in my crocs
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#22]

It's knowingly almost everywhere, as is the "these aren't even my pants defense," and ask yourself, how often does that defense work. I can't think of a single cop, or even a set of facts that would persuade a cop to believe that line of bull.

The "not my pants defense" has worked on only one occasion that I'm aware of in my entire career.  The Flying Tire Salesman pulled over a guy for speeding, he had a warrant on him, it wasn't his car, and the pistol under the driver's wasn't his nor was it registered as stolen.  The trooper believed the guy because the car was, in fact, borrowed with permission, he was cooperative about the warrant, completely non-combative, and seemed genuinely surprised/freaked out about the gun. The car owner also denied ownership of the gun.  Neither the OSP nor my Sheriff's Department could track down the gun's owner.

My Sheriff's Department held on to that gun for a few years, before I made the put it up for auction.
View All Quotes

OK.

Correct assessment, in my opinion.
And Flying Tire Salesman. It took me a second to get the meaning.
EDIT: For those that are slower than I am...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
View Quote

it wouldn't be my first choice, because no steel toe
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Stolen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
View Quote

I have 3 or 4 pair. Yeah, I know it's different for a chick (not really, they are ugly but comfy).

A guy friend of mine wears camo crocs all the time.  Do you have camo crocs? If not, there's another shopping excuse.  

LMAO
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#27]

I wish my mother could see that.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#28]

https://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/img/Ospc300.JPG
View All Quotes

OK.

LOL thanks, I actually forgot the symbolism they use next door.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]

Yoink!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30calTBLkid] [#30]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

I have 3 or 4 pair. Yeah, I know it's different for a chick (not really, they are ugly but comfy).

A guy friend of mine wears camo crocs all the time.  Do you have camo crocs? If not, there's another shopping excuse.  

LMAO
View Quote

FDE
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#33]

I had to search, now I remember him. Interweb says Marine.
Was he an asshole, or just filthy mouth?

Eta: what did Cosby say that stood out so much?
View Quote

it was near the end. he was rumored to be nutz his whole life.  the shit I heard?  I can not -- it was -- not racist -- it was SEXIST af.   There was sumtin wong there and it was bubbling over.  Bigly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#34]

I had to search, now I remember him. Interweb says Marine.
Was he an asshole, or just filthy mouth?

Eta: what did Cosby say that stood out so much?
View Quote

eta: couldn't even begin to type it here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:58:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#36]
Start cutting? What says the RS?

Edit: no wizard eyes or cans.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#39]

We really should not taunt and tempt Hasbro by making memes like this.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Yeah-ull, or y'all?

I'm a lifelong Ohioan, and I say y'all with some regularity.  Maybe it's because I'm originally from southern Ahia.
View All Quotes

Yeah-ull, or y'all?

Yall
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#41]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Start cutting? What says the RS? https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21318/6039604f1e45e233084443-1842495.jpg

Edit: no wizard eyes or cans.
View Quote

Cool!

I think I would move the AR down a smidge to give the RD more crushing. Edit: cushioning
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Cool!

I think I would move the AR down a smidge to give the RD more crushing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Cool!

I think I would move the AR down a smidge to give the RD more crushing.
View Quote

I noticed that right away as well...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#47]

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvK4icDWgAoawZR?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Fucking Georgia.
This place never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top