Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:

I just got my second and final one Wednesday.
No side effects  so far.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

And thank God it is.

update about my mom:  She is doing much better this second round of chemo.  They have her alternate two nausea drugs every 4 hrs for the first few days, then she doesn't need it by the first weekend after the treatment.

I did win that robot vaccum thanks to Riot Squad. So I told her about it today  that I was giving it to her and she is very excited about using it because it's hard for her to keep up with the house and a shedding dog when your queasy and going through all this.

Thanks again everyone for the assist, it really cheered my mom up to know she was getting this to help with her home.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

And thank God it is.

update about my mom:  She is doing much better this second round of chemo.  They have her alternate two nausea drugs every 4 hrs for the first few days, then she doesn't need it by the first weekend after the treatment.

I did win that robot vaccum thanks to Riot Squad. So I told her about it today  that I was giving it to her and she is very excited about using it because it's hard for her to keep up with the house and a shedding dog when your queasy and going through all this.

Thanks again everyone for the assist, it really cheered my mom up to know she was getting this to help with her home.

outstanding news

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#8]

And thank God it is.

View Quote

That's awesome! Glad to hear.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By limaxray:

Can't find a link, but I remember an interview from the early 2000s.  

Israeli Defense Forces chief of staff on Israeli TV.  

Interviewer asks something like "How far is the government willing to go to prevent a nuclear Iran?"

IDF general:  "About two thousand kilometers."

They've been wanting to fly that mission for literally decades.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By limaxray:
Originally Posted By kbi:

israeli jets are gonna level Irans nuclear facilities hopefully

https://www.thedrive.com/content-b/message-editor%2F1597083016333-leadf-35.jpg?quality=60

Can't find a link, but I remember an interview from the early 2000s.  

Israeli Defense Forces chief of staff on Israeli TV.  

Interviewer asks something like "How far is the government willing to go to prevent a nuclear Iran?"

IDF general:  "About two thousand kilometers."

They've been wanting to fly that mission for literally decades.  

I believe that day is coming soon and irans nuclear facilities and under ground storage bunkers and military bases will all go up in poofs of smoke at the same time and iran will be wtf
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#10]

No side effects  so far.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doodles:

My wife gets her second one next Sunday.

No side effects  so far.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#13]

https://www.disclose.tv/t/leaked-ufos-swarming-us-navy-destroyer-us-navy-confirms-footage-as-genuine/28723

2019 the US Navy filmed “PYRAMID” shaped UFOs; here is that footage

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote
Disgusting, but not surprising. The amount of people on Twitter either hoping for non-vaccinated people to die, be severely punished for "murder", or be forced to take the vaccine at gunpoint by literal roving bands of vaccinators going door-to-door is pretty crazy.

It's definitely a typical liberal mindset though, it's not enough for them to make their own decision, they need to force their decision on everyone else so that they can have their utterly false sense of feeling safe and comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#16]
40% of Americans may not take the vaccine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#17]

And thank God it is.

View All Quotes

And thank God it is.

Contagiously happy for Y'all. Am struck by this as a blatant case of God answering prayers... which I've not received (noted) in a long enough time to remember.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#18]
Originally Posted By ns8013:
Disgusting, but not surprising. The amount of people on Twitter either hoping for non-vaccinated people to die, be severely punished for "murder", or be forced to take the vaccine at gunpoint by literal roving bands of vaccinators going door-to-door is pretty crazy.

It's definitely a typical liberal mindset though, it's not enough for them to make their own decision, they need to force their decision on everyone else so that they can have their utterly false sense of feeling safe and comfortable.
View Quote

Seeing someone who did not make the same choice they did, reminds them that another choice was possible for them, IF they had not simply went along with what their group told them to do.  That could lead down a rabbit hole of questioning other choices they made by simply going along with what their group told them to do, resulting in a potential crisis of realizing that they had wasted a significant portion of their life, and their life's opportunities, by simply going along with what their group told them to do.  From there, it's just a small step to realizing that rather than their hardships being inflicted on them by some other group (conservatives, white supremacists, or some other boogeyman that their group has chosen), they are largely the result of their own choices and actions (or inactions).

No, much easier for them to pick up a baseball bat and join their group in chasing down the unvaccinated and bashing their heads in, than to face the realization that they themselves bear the primary responsibility for their own unhappiness with their lives.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#19]
@doodle
@Cecenrse

I added two more bullet points after I woke up, I just can't overlook it :

2.COVID passports: This is a control measure and a violation of The People’s rights forcing someone to put something in their bodies.  Any support for this is tyranny.  

3.The military is not a political tool:  The Secretary of Defense announced a policy to “Counter Extremism.”  This policy is opened ended and has no boundaries.  It also is an excuse for privacy violations to members of our military.  Having served proudly this is extremely disturbing.  How soon until someone in charge is a ‘Ford guy and then everyone that owns a ‘Chevy is now considered an extremist?  Just because people have political differences is no reason to ruin someone’s life.  We are all different and have varying opinions.  These are people protecting the country but yet unless you “conform” to the narrative you are targeted.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
40% of Americans may not take the vaccine.
View Quote

I'm finally a minority. Woohooo!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks again everyone, I'll take any kind of blessings we can get for now.  My sense of humor will improve as her prognosis improves.

I do pray for RS members and others here since most everyone here is good people.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Found out that a relative recently got their first shot, because they had a doctor's appointment and the doctor asked if they had been vaccinated, yet.  When they replied that they hadn't, the doctor sent them upstairs to a clinic that was doing vaccinations and had put out word that they were accepting walk-ins.

Apparently, they had required appointments, but they had so many cancellations or no-shows, that in the afternoon they sent word around to the other offices in the building to send them any patients that hadn't been able to get an appointment for a vaccination, just so they wouldn't have to throw away the doses they had prepared for that day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
@doodle
@Cecenrse

I added two more bullet points after I woke up, I just can't overlook it :

2.COVID passports: This is a control measure and a violation of The People’s rights forcing someone to put something in their bodies.  Any support for this is tyranny.  

3.The military is not a political tool:  The Secretary of Defense announced a policy to “Counter Extremism.”  This policy is opened ended and has no boundaries.  It also is an excuse for privacy violations to members of our military.  Having served proudly this is extremely disturbing.  How soon until someone in charge is a ‘Ford guy and then everyone that owns a ‘Chevy is now considered an extremist?  Just because people have political differences is no reason to ruin someone’s life.  We are all different and have varying opinions.  These are people protecting the country but yet unless you “conform” to the narrative you are targeted.
View Quote

Both very valid points and well explained. When you have rearranged your bullet points in the order of priority, send me another copy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Both very valid points and well explained. When you have rearranged your bullet points in the order of priority, send me another copy.
View Quote

done
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]

This jackass should voluntarily surrender his law license or be disbarred. This is such a stupid thing to come from an attorney.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/government-facility-massive-child-sex-torture/

Concord, NH — According to a recent investigation by the state of New Hampshire’s attorney general’s office, a state-run youth detention center has been ground zero for an utterly horrifying child torture and sex abuse ring spanning the course of decades. According to officials and a recent lawsuit, hundreds of victims have come forward alleging the abuse by over 100 government employees, and multiple arrests have been made.

The abuse took place at the Sununu Youth Services Center, formerly known as the Youth Development Center. In 2019, the taxpayer funded center became the subject of an investigation after two staffers were arrested. The two former staffers were charged with 82 counts of child rape.

According to investigators, however, those charges were all temporarily dropped in order to expand the investigation. Now, two years later, the original two staffers have been re-arrested as well as six others for their roles in the child rape and torture ring which spanned decades

Though, according to the AP, the attorney general’s office didn’t comment on the possibility of further arrests, they did announce that this was “merely a step forward” and that the investigation will continue — implying that there are many more abusers to go after.

“Today’s arrests make clear that this administration is committed to holding these perpetrators accountable for their detestable actions,” said Gov. Chris Sununu — the facility’s namesake. “This is not over, and we will continue to investigate these horrific allegations.”

According to the Associated Press:

The new arrestees include Lucien Poulette, 65, of Auburn, who is charged with 33 counts — including rape and sexual assault — involving seven victims between 1994 and 2005. Bradley Asbury, 66, of Dunbarton, is charged with being an accomplice to the rape of a former resident between 1997 and 1998. And Frank Davis, 79, of Hopkinton, is charged with one count of rape and five counts of sexual assault involving two victims between 1996 and 1997.

Instead of the dozens of charges they previously faced, Jeffrey Buskey, 54, of Quincy, Massachusetts, is now charged with five counts of rape involving four children between 1996 and 1999, while Stephen Murphy, 51, of Danvers, Massachusetts, is charged with five counts of rape involving three children between 1997 and 1999.

James Woodlock, 56, of Manchester, was charged with three counts of being an accomplice to rape between 1997 and 1998. David Meehan, the lead plaintiff in the civil lawsuit, alleges that Woodlock repeatedly beat him, held him down while Buskey raped him and told him he had “simply misunderstood events” when he spoke up during a group counseling session.

In a worrisome move, after the original investigation was launched, Woodlock left the facility and became a probation officer — for children. However, he was fired this week from his position after his arrest was made public.

On top of the arrests this week, several of the alleged child rapists who were arrested have also been named in a lawsuit in which more than 200 men and women allege they were physically or sexually abused as children by 150 staffers at the Manchester facility from 1963 to 2018.

200 men and women allege they were physically or sexually abused as children by 150 staffers at the Manchester facility from 1963 to 2018.
According to the lawsuit, the facility was a “magnet for predators.” According to the lead attorney, Rus Rilee, children were gang raped by counselors, beaten while being raped and forced to sexually abuse each other, he said. Some ended up with sexually transmitted diseases; one ended up pregnant.

“Staff members choked children, beat them unconscious, burned them with cigarettes and broke their bones, Rilee said. Counselors set up “fight clubs” and forced kids to compete for food. Children were locked in solitary confinement for weeks or months, sometimes shackled or strapped naked to their beds. Kept away from classrooms while their injuries healed, some can’t read or write today,” he said, according to the AP.

“These broken, shattered children were then unleashed into society with no education, no life skills and no ability to meaningfully function,” said Rilee.

Despite reassurances from the state Division for Children, Youth and Families claiming their mission is to protect children, the child rape and torture was systemic, according to the lawsuit.

“The systemic, governmental child abuse that occurred was allowed to occur because there wasn’t sufficient oversight, and the state was institutionally negligent in their hiring, training, supervision and retention polices,” Rilee said. “It’s pretty clear to me that this facility was a magnet for predators.”

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:13:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#32]
https://www.dailywire.com/news/members-of-bidens-environmental-justice-advisory-council-have-history-of-radicalism-claiming-fossil-fuels-are-racist

At the end of last month, the Biden administration announced the members of the White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council, which would “provide advice and recommendations to the Chair of the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) and the White House Environmental Justice Interagency Council on how to address current and historic environmental injustices.”

Twenty-six people were named to the council, but at least four of them have made radical statements connecting fossil fuels to racism.

Susana Almanza, for example, is the director of People Organized in Defense of Earth and Her Resources (PODER), an environmental justice organization based in Austin, Texas. Hilltop Views, the student news website of St. Edward’s University, profiled Almanza, noting that she has a Che Guevara poster in her office and said that her organization is “fighting big monsters; they’re not little ones,” referring to oil companies.

Beverly Wright, executive director of the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice, addressed a recent Department of Interior public forum on the federal oil and gas program and implored the Department to review the program “with an analysis of how it perpetuates environmental racism and the racial inequity of climate vulnerability.” She also insisted that “racial discrimination that is central to oil and gas operations.”

In an interview with Vox back in February, Wright linked energy development to slavery and Jim Crow.
...............................................................................................

You would think that energy development/advancement would have been a good thing for poor people who didn't have electricity, heat and air, transportation,etc. Guess some people think they are the only ones deserving of modern conveniences. If that is not out of touch with reality, I don't know wtf is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://www.disclose.tv/t/leaked-ufos-swarming-us-navy-destroyer-us-navy-confirms-footage-as-genuine/28723

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pjqdaz_b24

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Current employees at the New York Times who formerly worked for the Chinese state-run media outlet include; Jonah Kessel, Director of Cinematography at the Times; Diarmuid McDermott, a current Staff Editor and Designer at the outlet; and Europe culture reporter Alex Marshall, the National Pulse found.

In now-deleted Twitter posts, Kessel, who took on the role of China Daily’s Creative Director from July 2009 to November 2010, wrote that working for the CCP sometimes has its “benefits.” He also mentioned that he was “psyched” for starting the role, which included “redesigning” the propaganda arm of the CCP.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
View Quote

LOL.  I know that you think that this is a cute meme, but there are many millionaires, or even billionaires, who didn't bow to some pathetic MS or HS coach.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#38]

LOL.  I know that you think that this is a cute meme, but there are many millionaires, or even billionaires, who didn't bow to some pathetic MS or HS coach.
View Quote

I would respond but will just go here....

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:33:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strykewolf] [#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

Since the whole Covid thing started, I've been reading.  Reports from various regions, and countries, on what has been going on, what works, what doesn't...and all of that.

I have reached the conclusion that many of the deaths are misreported as to cause, and over-inflated due to various bureaucratic actions...up to, and including, purposely putting infected individuals in proximity to vulnerable populations.

In that rather basic framework, why all the hype?

I am the sole member of my family, immediate and extended, that will not be getting the vaccine(s)...(insert Vader voice 'No, there is another.').  

I am comfortable with my risk level, I am comfortable with my body's ability to fight off infection as needed.  I do not see why I should need to get the vaccine(s) when I am faced with a 99.9+ percent survival rate.  I have used a total of two masks in the last year, and that is only because I dropped the first one, and stepped on it.  

Two immediate family members have had the vaccine(s), required according to where they work.  Another will be getting it, though I do not think she needs it and I told her so (Mom)...she's healthy as a horse.  As I told her, I don't think it's necessary, that said, if you think you need to, then that is your decision.  With the extended family, it's a mix of 'required by work', and 'I'm scared'.  The one notable exception is the cousin that seems to have just disappeared.  I have my thoughts as to why, on that.

I fully expect to face ultimatums from a portion of my immediate family for saying no, I decline.  We'll see.  

Not something I'm willing to bend on, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Judas Priest - Heading Out to the Highway
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Please feel free to name a couple that didn't get some form of discipline along the way.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#43]

I would respond but will just go here....

View Quote
Let him back up his words. I especially liked "pathetic."

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

Since the whole Covid thing started, I've been reading.  Reports from various regions, and countries, on what has been going on, what works, what doesn't...and all of that.

I have reached the conclusion that many of the deaths are misreported as to cause, and over-inflated due to various bureaucratic actions...up to, and including, purposely putting infected individuals in proximity to vulnerable populations.

I am the sole member of my family, immediate and extended, that will not be getting the vaccine(s)...(insert Vader voice 'No, there is another.').  

I am comfortable with my risk level, I am comfortable with my body's ability to fight off infection as needed.  I do not see why I should need to get the vaccine(s) when I am faced with a 99.9+ percent survival rate.  I have used a total of two masks in the last year, and that is only because I dropped the first one, and stepped on it.  

Two immediate family members have had the vaccine(s), required according to where they work.  Another will be getting it, though I do not think she needs it and I told her so (Mom)...she's healthy as a horse.  As I told her, I don't think it's necessary, that said, if you think you need to, then that is your decision.  With the extended family, it's a mix of 'required by work', and 'I'm scared'.  The one notable exception is the cousin that seems to have just disappeared.  I have my thoughts as to why, on that.

I fully expect to face ultimatums from a portion of my immediate family for saying no, I decline.  We'll see.  

View Quote

I will consider my self high risk from both the kung flu and the vax.  So at this point I can get unlucky and get the kung flu that with the right meds probably survivable and if caught soon enough no long lasting complications.  The other option is get the shot and have similar short term complications and possible long term complications that will only appear after a few years with life altering effects.  One might happen; the other, I on purposely subjected myself to the event.    Which is more rational?

I will attempt to wait it out and see the results of the experiment before I volunteer for it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:04:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#46]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Let him back up his words. I especially liked "pathetic."

View Quote

A few times I see him come shit on a thread.  Always says something totally opposite of 99% of the real world.  I guess if you were born into money and never had to lift a finger he could be right but then again doubtful.  Just wants to start a fight and get a thread locked because he can't handle people speaking freely.

This member has been noted....

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Please feel free to name a couple that didn't get some form of discipline along the way.
View Quote

Don't create a strawman.  The meme was about coaching.  Coach and coaching have specific meanings in English.  They are not the same as parenting.  Otherwise the meme would have used the word parenting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#48]

I will consider my self high risk from both the kung flu and the vax.  So at this point I can get unlucky and get the kung flu that with the right meds probably survivable and if caught soon enough no long lasting complications.  The other option is get the shot and have similar short term complications and possible long term complications that will only appear after a few years with life altering effects.  One might happen; the other, I on purposely subjected myself to the event.    Which is more rational?

I will attempt to wait it out and see the results of the experiment before I volunteer for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

It all comes down to self assessment.  If you feel that you need it, feel free.  I will not push, either way, on it.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#49]

Don't create a strawman.  The meme was about coaching.  Coach and coaching have specific meanings in English.  They are not the same as parenting.  Otherwise the meme would have used the word parenting.
View Quote

Just another attempt to start an argument....put you on the offensive to provoke a response.

ETA
On the original meme you quoted you could have said I do not agree with that and given a reason but oOOOOOOOHHHHH NOOO, you got to put the LOL in front and say all coaches are pathetic.  You are only here to start confrontation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

That's pretty much my position on it.  I've spent the last year using a respirator at work and when I go into a store, and I haven't caught COVID, the flu, or a cold in that time (it may be the first time in my life that I got through a winter and could say that), while half the people I work with have had COVID.

A year of first hand experience vs the unknowns of a new vaccine that hasn't finished the normal testing process.
Page / 5115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top