Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5111
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you know people in AFG looking to get out, this was given to me.  Guess it is still up to date.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:20:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elcope:

I'm sharing that in the other AFG thread.

ETA: Thanks for that Sherri, I'm still trying to get one family out.
View Quote

Thanks for helping. Prayers for all affected.

PS:  I ate a Mountain House biscuit and gravy meal the other day just because I wanted it.   LOL

Hollywood bought me a long handled sporkula so I ate it right out of the bag like it's supposed to be done.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#8]

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

PS:  I ate a Mountain House biscuit and gravy meal the other day just because I wanted it.   LOL

Hollywood bought me a long handled sporkula so I ate it right out of the bag like it's supposed to be done.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

I'm sharing that in the other AFG thread.

ETA: Thanks for that Sherri, I'm still trying to get one family out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Mariner, Cece, Bandit - that's why I put 'good' in my reply.

Anybody who thinks biden is running the show is sadly mistaken. For goodness sakes, he can't even flap his gums coherently. How can anyone expect him to do anything more than that coherently?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:29:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#12]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

Anybody who thinks biden is running the show is sadly mistaken. For goodness sakes, he can't even flap his gums coherently. How can anyone expect him to do anything more than that coherently?
View Quote

My apologies. I am not that familiar with your wit.

Biden >> Obama >> Jarrett >> Soros >>> ???????

I've seen a lot of names thrown around. It's usually the same old banking people that are blamed for everything. Admittedly, that seems like a cop out for jealousy from a lot of poors people most of the time.

I am a poors, but I am also not a jealous person who makes irrational decisions or comes to conclusions due to my pre-conceived beliefs.

That said, who do you think is ultimately responsible (Not the person who finances or directs color revolutions and ruination of countries) for the situation we find ourselves in?

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]
You know that C-17 that had Afghanis trying to hang on the outside of it?  Apparently they found a body in the wheel well when it landed in Qatar.  Plane is now "impounded"  while the AF "investigates."  Sure hope they don't try to hang that on the pilots.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
You know that C-17 that had Afghanis trying to hang on the outside of it?  Apparently they found a body in the wheel well when it landed in Qatar.  Plane is now "impounded"  while the AF "investigates."  Sure hope they don't try to hang that on the pilots.
View Quote

Actually, they found the parts of 2 bodies. A body on one side had a hand and foot impingement in the wheel well on one side. That is the one where we saw the lower part of the body flapping in the wind during flight. The other side they found a hand which had obviously been separated from the body.

I heard crew chiefs had been relieved of duty. Hopefully, that is temporary or a lie. There is only so much they could do from inside of the aircraft.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]

That top one:  sure is a hell of a way to get terrorist cells snuck in.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Actually, they found the parts of 2 bodies. A body on one side had a hand and foot impingement in the wheel well on one side. That is the one where we saw the lower part of the body flapping in the wind during flight. The other side they found a hand which had obviously been separated from the body.

I heard crew chiefs had been relieved of duty. Hopefully, that is temporary or a lie. There is only so much they could do from inside of the aircraft.
View Quote
Yeah, I was saying today, it's not like the thing has rear-view mirrors. Who would think they would be dumb enough or desperate enough to climb onto the outside of the landing gear doors? Normal humans would at least understand that those doors were going to CLOSE. Crew probably just thought they were running alongside the plane, as many hundreds did.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Pretty sure this is mostly preaching to the choir here, but JIC.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733391165159768155/877327501754523678/unknown.png
View Quote

Or make your own C rats.  Use can goods like spaghettiOs, beans n franks, cup of fruit.

CD
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:57:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
Yeah, I was saying today, it's not like the thing has rear-view mirrors. Who would think they would be dumb enough or desperate enough to climb onto the outside of the landing gear doors? Normal humans would at least understand that those doors were going to CLOSE. Crew probably just thought they were running alongside the plane, as many hundreds did.
View Quote

Believe I remember that happening during the withdrawl from VietNam where people tried climbing into the wheel wells of C5s.

CD
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:08:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Believe I remember that happening during the withdrawl from VietNam where people tried climbing into the wheel wells of C5s.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALFOX:

CD

There have been a few incidents of stowaways trying to ride along on airline flights, by getting onto the ramp and crawling into a gearwell.   Seems like a great plan, until the landing gear retracts into the gearwell.  The engineers don't believe in leaving wasted space scattered around in the plane, so there's not much room for anything other than the landing gear.

From the reports I have read, the crushed remains tend to fall out when the gear is extended for landing.

I seem to remember reading of somebody successfully pulling off the gearwell stowaway trick during the early part of WW2, when people were being evacuated from areas that the Japanese were invading, but airliners flew a lot slower in those days, and different design philosophies were used in building them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:38:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cycolac] [#22]

My apologies. I am not that familiar with your wit.

Biden >> Obama >> Jarrett >> Soros >>> ???????

I've seen a lot of names thrown around. It's usually the same old banking people that are blamed for everything. Admittedly, that seems like a cop out for jealousy from a lot of poors people most of the time.

I am a poors, but I am also not a jealous person who makes irrational decisions or comes to conclusions due to my pre-conceived beliefs.

That said, who do you think is ultimately responsible (Not the person who finances or directs color revolutions and ruination of countries) for the situation we find ourselves in?

View Quote

It is mostly nit- and -less.

As for who is responsible, the cabal of usual suspects come to mind but I am soo far down on the poors list to pay enough attention to really be able to figure it out. In the grand scheme of things there isn't much I can do at the world or even national level other than try to keep my eyes and ears open to what is going on. I do what I can at the local level to influence people.

ETA - as for putting 'good president', the four presidents we had before joe were all good at something 'presidential'. I can find really no 'presidential' qualities in joe other than he is 6 feet tall.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JPN:

There have been a few incidents of stowaways trying to ride along on airline flights, by getting onto the ramp and crawling into a gearwell.   Seems like a great plan, until the landing gear retracts into the gearwell.  The engineers don't believe in leaving wasted space scattered around in the plane, so there's not much room for anything other than the landing gear.

From the reports I have read, the crushed remains tend to fall out when the gear is extended for landing.

I seem to remember reading of somebody successfully pulling off the gearwell stowaway trick during the early part of WW2, when people were being evacuated from areas that the Japanese were invading, but airliners flew a lot slower in those days, and different design philosophies were used in building them.
View Quote

It has definitely happened before

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-2004-01-01-0401010171-story.htmlAttachment Attached File

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92690&page=1

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Not the brightest bunch

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Except it was changed... Trumps negotiated date was May.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Win1300:
https://nypost.com/2021/08/17/shocking-video-shows-bloody-hatchet-attack-at-nyc-atm/

Better hurry up and defund the police...
View Quote

That ship sailed and came back, that was a pirate, his eye patch fell below his nose though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#28]

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

If they hadn't taken off they would be stuck there too.

Bold: x 87 million

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
View All Quotes

the world's most experienced executive officer, our current POTUS who has been declared as having more foreign affairs experience than every other POTUS says otherwise. (I seriously think that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson would differ with that claim. Considering both were envoys and ambassadors. Hell TJ was secretary of state at one time.)
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Or make your own C rats.  Use can goods like spaghettiOs, beans n franks, cup of fruit.

CD
View Quote

I always loved the old Franco American Spaghetti....think they got bought out because the last time I had some it tasted different..
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JPN:

View Quote

https://simpleflying.com/stowaway-survives-19000-feet-flight/

A stowaway has had a lucky escape, according to reports originating out of Maastricht. A 16-year-old Kenyan boy survived a flight, clinging to the landing gear, and is currently being treated in hospital. The flight is thought to be a Turkish Airlines cargo flight operated by an Airbus A330 from London’s Stansted Airport, though the aircraft had flown from Nairobi via Istanbul the day before.

I am shocked he made it.  At around 15k most people pass out, then the temps would have been pretty chilly.  His size probably helped, just basing this off nationality of the stowaway.  He would be lucky to wake up I would think if he passed out before the gear came down.  If he managed to stay away for the entire flight he has hell of lungs (will admit many who live at high altitudes and mountain climb can go up but never over 26k, very rare though).
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]

CD
View Quote

Yep, that's what I did backpacking.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:

the world's most experienced executive officer, our current POTUS who has been declared as having more foreign affairs experience than every other POTUS says otherwise. (I seriously think that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson would differ with that claim. Considering both were envoys and ambassadors. Hell TJ was secretary of state at one time.)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:

Checks calendar... it isn't May. So, it was changed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#35]
So... after an arduous long weekend at Camp David and a couple teleprompter readings, *iden is retreating to the basement of his Delaware mansion for another 4 day weekend.  

WHAT A WORK ETHIC!!!  But hey - no more mean tweets, right?

NOTAM Number :FDC 1/0454 Download shapefiles
Issue Date :August 18, 2021 at 0001 UTC
Beginning Date and Time :August 19, 2021 at 1800 UTC
Ending Date and Time :August 23, 2021 at 0130 UTC
Reason for NOTAM :Temporary flight restrictions for VIP Movement
Type :VIP
Replaced NOTAM(s) :1/9074: DUE TO CHANGE IN TIMES.

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#37]
So... after an arduous long weekend at Camp David and a couple teleprompter readings, *iden is retreating to the basement of his Delaware mansion for another 4 day weekend.  

WHAT A WORK ETHIC!!!  But hey - no more mean tweets, right?

NOTAM Number :FDC 1/0454 Download shapefiles
Issue Date :August 18, 2021 at 0001 UTC
Beginning Date and Time :August 19, 2021 at 1800 UTC
Ending Date and Time :August 23, 2021 at 0130 UTC
Reason for NOTAM :Temporary flight restrictions for VIP Movement
Type :VIP
Replaced NOTAM(s) :1/9074: DUE TO CHANGE IN TIMES.

View Quote

Probably made up received intel about a threat against biden by some afghanis white supremacists for his botching handling of recent events.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

A stowaway has had a lucky escape, according to reports originating out of Maastricht. A 16-year-old Kenyan boy survived a flight, clinging to the landing gear, and is currently being treated in hospital. The flight is thought to be a Turkish Airlines cargo flight operated by an Airbus A330 from London’s Stansted Airport, though the aircraft had flown from Nairobi via Istanbul the day before.

I am shocked he made it.  At around 15k most people pass out, then the temps would have been pretty chilly.  His size probably helped, just basing this off nationality of the stowaway.  He would be lucky to wake up I would think if he passed out before the gear came down.  If he managed to stay away for the entire flight he has hell of lungs (will admit many who live at high altitudes and mountain climb can go up but never over 26k, very rare though).
View Quote

15K isn't anywhere near where most people pass out.

My out of shape ass went hiking at over 20K without any issues.

There are people that have reached the summit of Mt. Everest without supplemental O2 and that's at 29K.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:

There are people that have reached the summit of Mt. Everest without supplemental O2 and that's at 29K.
View Quote

0-15,000 in 5 minutes is a lot different than spending a months at 18,000 feet to get ready for Everest.

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#40]
So much peaceful at Kabul airport

What a cluster
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

View Quote

All is good
I knew what you were saying. My comment was about Biden's huge failure and what it will do
to our Trust in the minds of our allies. That is dangerous because it could cause an over reaction
if something does happen later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Until now anyway...
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I clicked the Twitter link to see it, and found out I was locked

I havent posted or done anything there since Rona started, so have no idea why. Not sure if it was because of my handle (same as here) or because I had a profile pic Doc Zox made of the VA flag but with Northam being stepped on
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Until now anyway...
View All Quotes
Until now anyway...
Definitely another 2Scoops Hiden hold my beer and watch this moment.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

I havent posted or done anything there since Rona started, so have no idea why. Not sure if it was because of my handle (same as here) or because I had a profile pic Doc Zox made of the VA flag but with Northam being stepped on
View Quote
Well that sucks
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Well that sucks
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Well that sucks

Well its probably better for my blood pressure anyway. GDs doing enough to keep it elevated these days
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#49]

View All Quotes

Humm I will find the article on it but looking you seem to be more accurate than my misguided search....

But along with another poster found this:

The average human body needs from 1 to 3 days to become acclimatized to a change in altitude. People who do not spend enough time acclimatizing to a new altitude before progressing further have the highest risk of developing altitude sickness.

This is where I might have gotten part of my info:

The Death Zone
Used to describe high danger altitude on the Mount Everest ascent, the "Death Zone" begins at about 8,000 meters or 26,246 feet 3. At this elevation, unassisted from compressed air or oxygen, severe altitude sickness sets in, debilitating the human body and eventually resulting in death 1. The low density of air at this altitude makes acclimation impossible. Cold temperatures and weather conditions at this altitude also affect the high mortality rate of climbers.

I guess I figured death zone actually meant it for everyone.

Okay article where I got my data:

We pass out when the pressure drops below 57 percent of atmospheric pressure — equivalent to that at an altitude of 15,000 feet (4,572 meters). Climbers can push higher because they gradually acclimate their bodies to the drop in oxygen, but no one survives long without an oxygen tank above 26,000 feet (7925 m).

That's about 5 miles (8 kilometers) up. The edge of the known universe lies some 46 billion light-years farther afield.

Proves to take all internet stuff with a grain of salt
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Humm I will find the article on it but looking you seem to be more accurate than my misguided search....

But along with another poster found this:

The average human body needs from 1 to 3 days to become acclimatized to a change in altitude. People who do not spend enough time acclimatizing to a new altitude before progressing further have the highest risk of developing altitude sickness.

This is where I might have gotten part of my info:

The Death Zone
Used to describe high danger altitude on the Mount Everest ascent, the "Death Zone" begins at about 8,000 meters or 26,246 feet 3. At this elevation, unassisted from compressed air or oxygen, severe altitude sickness sets in, debilitating the human body and eventually resulting in death 1. The low density of air at this altitude makes acclimation impossible. Cold temperatures and weather conditions at this altitude also affect the high mortality rate of climbers.

I guess I figured death zone actually meant it for everyone.
View Quote

Dude, angels on a pinhead, not germane to the big picture.
Page / 5111
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top