User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5112
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zach_:
I am confused.
Did Twitter not replace the blue bird icon with the dog?

Serious question.

The people need to know!
View Quote

he did that for a few days but it seems it's back to normal again

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
Humm, not sure how things will go down but.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/tennessee-gop-expels-3-democratic-state-lawmakers-gun-protests-rcna78531

From what I hear DU is going nuts.....

...as a note all three should have been shit canned.....  Fucking communist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/tennessee-gop-expels-3-democratic-state-lawmakers-gun-protests-rcna78531

Tennessee GOP expels 2 Black Democratic lawmakers for anti-gun violence protests. A white legislator survived her vote.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#3]

View All Quotes

Tennessee GOP expels 2 Black Democratic lawmakers for anti-gun violence protests. A white legislator survived her vote.

I haven't seen any reports on the third vote (second black guy), yet, but there was a definite contrast between the first black guy making his defense, and the white woman making her defense.  He was blatantly preaching at the members of the legislature, and he has been shown in photos with a bull horn in the middle of the House floor (when protestors made enough noise that the legislature could not continue business).  She was arguing that some small allowances were going to have to be made for how the younger generation does things.

She also is in poor health, and being expelled would result in her losing the medical insurance benefits provided to her by the state, so she may have gotten a sympathy vote or two for that reason.

...but all three of them should have been tossed out, since they made it clear that they will put showboating at a higher priority than following the rules (this isn't her first time around with showboating in the House, either).

ETA: Just saw a clip from the third vote, and he was also preaching.  So the results are:

2 examples of breaking the rules and then using the time allotted to defend yourself to preach your cause at people that don't believe in it, goes badly

1 example of breaking the rules and then making some argument about times changing (with some sympathy likely mixed in for having poor health), falls one vote short of getting kicked to the curb (but I doubt she'll get her committee seat back).
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ClanDireWolf:
Yeah, that was one day.

The French have been protesting for years.

Think back to the "Yellow vest" during covid.

Nothing here in the states compares to that.
View Quote

New to this thread, huh?

Sure, it was one day.  But it was a wake up call to the Virginia GA.  We don't usually do the "protest" thing.  It's just not us.  For an issue to get that many people to show up, armed, was pretty much a black swan event.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#6]
SUNY shenanigans:

Tweets have video, but you'll want to mute the audio.

Still waiting for the trans rights folks to protest the Islamic Student Union - and to try destroying a different holy book.

Attachment Attached File

It looks like someone didn't get enough fascist pizza.

SUNY Albany protesters march, dance and destroy Bible to shut down conservative speaker Ian Haworth

SUNY Albany told The Post that the school would protect its students’ right to protest.

“Consistent with the mission of an institution of higher learning, we expect members of our community to be able to voice their views in a manner that promotes constructive dialogue and honors UAlbany’s commitment to freedom of expression. This is especially important when it involves speech that members of our community find offensive or objectionable.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:48:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#8]
Originally Posted By djohn:

View All Quotes

Then shouldn't she resign, to show solidarity with the expelled members?  Or is she just going to stay in the legislature and flaunt her white privilege?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#9]
The latest antifa Twitter spat started like this:

Attachment Attached File

A chapter of the John Brown Gun Club publicly admits to informing the FBI. The ACAB absolutists go into a fed jacketing frenzy, tweets get deleted, accounts get blocked, and general hilarity ensues.

I’ve been trying to encourage the internecine drama with my antifa adjacent account, but honestly they’re all too busy crying and denouncing each other to even notice.

Ah, the shadenfreude!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Then shouldn't she resign, to show solidarity with the expelled members?  Or is she just going to stay in the legislature and flaunt her white privilege?
View Quote

When you treat a leftist with mercy and magnanimity, they don't see it as noble gesture to be reciprocated.  They see it as weakness, and they just go on acting the way they did before or worse.

They should have fired her.  Now that she's accused them all of being racist, they should hold another vote.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:39:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:04:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope MTG's security people are better prepared this time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Fs1FHGnWwAglG_Z_jpg-2769672.JPG

Trump Tower live stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlU8WfVdg3s

Meanwhile, in Tallahassee:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/0341bba37f8be1c6788d3cfddd50da73_jpg-2769811.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Fs1gOCdXwAI5LvW_jpg-2769812.JPG
View Quote

I HATE that fucking liberal leftist cunt!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:05:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RABIDFOX50] [#13]
I am hoping for some ANTIFA getting curb stomped this riot season!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:27:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#14]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:

When you treat a leftist with mercy and magnanimity, they don't see it as noble gesture to be reciprocated.  They see it as weakness, and they just go on acting the way they did before or worse.

They should have fired her.  Now that she's accused them all of being racist, they should hold another vote.
View All Quotes

From what I've read, that was just more of her being her.

In the past, she moved her desk from her office to out in the hallway of the building, claiming she had been given a tiny office because she wasn't a republican.  The reply (from the speaker's office?) was that her new 'tiny' office was actually larger than her previous office.

Democrats and some of the news media have been claiming this was purely a party vote, but each of the three had different totals on how many voted to remove them, and I think the one that got the most votes to remove him, was still three votes short of the number of Republicans in the house.

I think the main reasons between who got expelled and who didn't, are that Johnson stood beside the other two but didn't chant or use a bullhorn on the House floor to encourage the protestors, and when they were given time to speak before the vote, she made an attempt to explain her motives while the other two gave sermons (delivered completely as sermons) supporting gun control and condemned Republicans for not moving to pass gun control in the wake of the school shooting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I haven’t been following TN politics, so I really appreciate your insights. The added context is very helpful, and gives me a better understanding of recent events. Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#16]

I haven’t been following TN politics, so I really appreciate your insights. The added context is very helpful, and gives me a better understanding of recent events. Thanks!

View All Quotes

You're welcome.

Here's a picture of the three encouraging the protestors that had filled the balconies (where the public can quietly watch the legislature work on the House floor), and if I'm not mistaken, the guy with the bullhorn is the one that got the highest number of votes to expel him.
Attachment Attached File

And here's how he used his time that he had been given to defend himself.
Tennessee house expulsion: Rep. calls vote an 'assault on Democracy' | LiveNOW from FOX
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
View Quote

Why is he calling my wife Samir?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#19]

In the past, she moved her desk from her office to out in the hallway of the building, claiming she had been given a tiny office because she wasn't a republican.  The reply (from the speaker's office?) was that her new 'tiny' office was actually larger than her previous office.

Democrats and some of the news media have been claiming this was purely a party vote, but each of the three had different totals on how many voted to remove them, and I think the one that got the most votes to remove him, was still three votes short of the number of Republicans in the house.

I think the main reasons between who got expelled and who didn't, are that Johnson stood beside the other two but didn't chant or use a bullhorn on the House floor to encourage the protestors, and when they were given time to speak before the vote, she made an attempt to explain her motives while the other two gave sermons (delivered completely as sermons) supporting gun control and condemned Republicans for not moving to pass gun control in the wake of the school shooting.
View Quote

I understand all that.  But then why did she say that she wasn't voted out because of the color of her skin?  The other members likely didn't vote her out because they felt her conduct did not warrant it.  She thanked them by calling them racist.

Political leaders on the right keep showing magnanimity to the political leaders on the left.  The left rarely reciprocates, nor do they ever appreciate such gestures.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#20]

I understand all that.  But then why did she say that she wasn't voted out because of the color of her skin?  The other members likely didn't vote her out because they felt her conduct did not warrant it.  She thanked them by calling them racist.

Political leaders on the right keep showing magnanimity to the political leaders on the left.  The left rarely reciprocates, nor do they ever appreciate such gestures.
View All Quotes

If she had the common sense and manners to be grateful that she wasn't expelled, she likely wouldn't have been there in the first place.  She had a career as a teacher, before getting into politics.  She apparently has a problem with people not listening to her demands.  One of the other democrats in the state legislature was asked, last weekend, to comment about the three democrats being removed from their committee assignments and the odds of them getting them back, and he replied that he was hoping that losing their committee seats would be all that those three would lose (then the new week started, and paperwork was filed to start the process of expelling them).

Jones, the guy in the video I posted earlier of him addressing the House before they voted to expel him, pointed out that Tennessee was the birthplace of the KKK and tossed out everything he could think of to call the republicans racist.  He was born and raised in California, got involved in the anti-police protests out there as a teenager, then came to Nashville to attend college and never left.  He was a leftist activist before he got here, and he continued to be a leftist activist pursuing his own goals in the legislature.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#21]

ETA: From a couple days ago

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Bullshit verdict. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#23]

If she had the common sense and manners to be grateful that she wasn't expelled, she likely wouldn't have been there in the first place.  She had a career as a teacher, before getting into politics.  She apparently has a problem with people not listening to her demands.  One of the other democrats in the state legislature was asked, last weekend, to comment about the three democrats being removed from their committee assignments and the odds of them getting them back, and he replied that he was hoping that losing their committee seats would be all that those three would lose (then the new week started, and paperwork was filed to start the process of expelling them).

Jones, the guy in the video I posted earlier of him addressing the House before they voted to expel him, pointed out that Tennessee was the birthplace of the KKK and tossed out everything he could think of to call the republicans racist.  He was born and raised in California, got involved in the anti-police protests out there as a teenager, then came to Nashville to attend college and never left.  He was a leftist activist before he got here, and he continued to be a leftist activist pursuing his own goals in the legislature.
View Quote
Ya know, if he'd have shown a little contrition, Republican politicians are gullible enough to have given him an 87th chance and let him keep his seat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsZyuC8XwBQ0apH?format=jpg&name=small

ETA: From a couple days ago

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
View Quote

Yep.
Remind me to try and not get in a shootout in Denver.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#28]
View Quote

Maybe someday the DA will have a militant leftist point an AK at his face, because they have decided he isn't far enough left, and he can have a fraction of a second to rethink that case.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#29]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Ya know, if he'd have shown a little contrition, Republican politicians are gullible enough to have given him an 87th chance and let him keep his seat.
View All Quotes

But that would be like admitting that he had done something wrong.

ETA:  Some members of the Nashville city council are claiming that "hundreds" of constituents have reached out to them to demand that Jones be reinstated.

"Hundreds!"  That's serious business.

...and over half of the Nashville city council has said they would vote to reinstate him.  Vice mayor is expecting the council to vote to suspend the rules and (almost immediately) select the person that will fill the vacancy in the state legislature.  

They are allowed to select an interim representative to serve until the next election can be held, but normally the process takes a month to allow time for the selection process.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cycolac] [#30]

View Quote
View Quote

But that would be like admitting that he had done something wrong.

ETA:  Some members of the Nashville city council are claiming that "hundreds" of constituents have reached out to them to demand that Jones be reinstated.

"Hundreds!"  That's serious business.

...and over half of the Nashville city council has said they would vote to reinstate him.  Vice mayor is expecting the council to vote to suspend the rules and (almost immediately) select the person that will fill the vacancy in the state legislature.  

They are allowed to select an interim representative to serve until the next election can be held, but normally the process takes a month to allow time for the selection process.
View Quote

Following rules is fo suckas.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

It was all part of the plan.  No matter what they were going to play the race card and the TN Republicans fell for it.  They were "nice" and she stabbed them in the back and gave the media an opportunity to bash the Republicans for weeks.  Some of the Republicans still might have a spine after this but if it follows national patterns the Republicans won't stand up to the mob because they're afraid of being called a racist.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Happy Easter Riot Squad. Here's hoping some of us will see some action this spring and summer.

LIBERTY - A Chillsynth/Synthwave Mix for Mechwarriors on Leave
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Happy Easter

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Happy Easter squad.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Happy Easter.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Happy Easter!
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Wishing everyone a blessed Easter Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#38]
It's not about chocolate bunnies and eggs. That's lost on too many people.

Happy Easter RS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Concur.

Blessing of Easter be upon you all, RS.

Chocolate bunnies are for tomorrow, when they go on sale.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By elcope:

Concur.

Blessing of Easter be upon you all, RS.

Chocolate bunnies are for tomorrow, when they go on sale.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Truth
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Greg Abbott agrees:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Greg Abbott agrees:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Screenshot_2023-04-09_174359_jpg-2776624.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Screenshot_2023-04-09_174643_jpg-2776626.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Screenshot_2023-04-09_174731_jpg-2776627.JPG
View Quote
Unless they're kept in total sensory isolation, the Board of Pardons and Parole should have had the pardon request already drafted, and hit the "Send" button as soon as the verdict was announced.  I think it's completely reasonable for such a board to remain aware of high profile cases working their way through the courts, especially when shenanigans had been apparent early on
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Happy Easter, homies.

I was backing up my old home office PC and deploying it to new hardware over the weekend so I got zero arfcom time.

But I'm back, baby!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RickFinsta:
I'm back, baby!
View Quote

Welcome back!

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Akron? I guess it’s always Riot Season somewhere.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:17:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

Awesome. Looks like they're giving those who wish 'to destroy space to do that as well'.
View All Quotes

Will they deploy the full auto bean bag chuckers* at this event?
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top