Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5115
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel like I'm missing something, what are these protestors (peaceful or not) actually protesting? They arrested the dude and he'll face trial. What more is supposed to happen? Do they want a banana republic where we execute people on time square after a YouTube clip of an incident gets out?

If it was a court decision of not guilty or a refusal to file charges or something corrupt I'd understand, but what exactly here went wrong?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
So you're saying I'm right? Really?

That's racist!
View Quote

If we want to argue semantics I didn’t confirm your correctness.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Seattle cop removes his colleague's knee from a man's neck as they arrest him for looting during riots

Video

Video captured the moment a Seattle cop removed a fellow officer's knee from the neck of an alleged looter as they took him into custody amid riots against police brutality.  

Photojournalist Matt Mills filmed the confrontation on Saturday night as cities across the country were roiled by protests sparked by the death of George Floyd, a black man who died while Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck during an arrest.

Mills posted the video on Instagram, explaining in the caption that the officers were responding to a call about looters inside a T-Mobile store in downtown Seattle.  

'When Seattle Police Department officers arrived the group attempted to escape without being captured,' Mills wrote.

Link
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if my Ford stock going up from all the new cop cars to be ordered can balance out the inevitable cratering of the N.Y. real estate trust shares I have
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:25:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By davisac:
also, not planning on joining any riots, but this makes me want a gas mask.
View Quote
Good new masks have been unobtanium for several months now.  I saw one place selling M40 masks for $750 - fuck that.  I haven't seen M50 masks available for any price.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:
I feel like I'm missing something, what are these protestors (peaceful or not) actually protesting? They arrested the dude and he'll face trial. What more is supposed to happen? Do they want a banana republic where we execute people on time square after a YouTube clip of an incident gets out?

If it was a court decision of not guilty or a refusal to file charges or something corrupt I'd understand, but what exactly here went wrong?
View Quote
From what I can gather, they thing he should have been charged with murder in the 1st. They also want the other 3 cops charged.

We have become an instant gratification society and if we don't get our way immediately...we'll throw a tantrum.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]

close up pic for anyone who may know:

https://i.imgur.com/eB5OTBW.png
View Quote

Avon C50, or Avon PC50. C50 is a general purpose mask that can use 40mm CBRN/OC/CS gas filters. PC50 is a cheaper option which only accepts filters for riot control agents.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SouthEndXGF:

Man. Learning all kinds of cool shit tonight. I’ll bet that’s totally reparable with a hammer only too.
View Quote

Midway USA used to have Sellier & Bellot rubber buckshot and 12 ga slugs.  Never really thought about their application before as I didn't expect nationwide riots.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1002102099?pid=317772

Looks like Cabelas used to have them, too.  Probably fucking Basspro's fault they're gone.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/herter-s-reg-defense-12-ga-rubber-buckshot/1545641.uts
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#9]

If we want to argue semantics I didn't confirm your correctness.
View Quote
That's REALLY racist!  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By garbageman:

Um, pics?  I'm bored
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

so what you are saying is my Rolex and Gucci Shoes increased in value today

Hell yeah, and post up some sexy pics in your lululemon yoga pants

my ass is to skinny it would look horrible

Um, pics?  I'm bored

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
That's what I don't get either.  Leads me to believe this is not about George Floyd but rather about assholes wanting to riot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bobbybananas:
I wonder if my Ford stock going up from all the new cop cars to be ordered can balance out the inevitable cratering of the N.Y. real estate trust shares I have
View Quote

Was wondering the same earlier...what's the margin on a expedition interceptor...markets open in a few hours
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ll give it to Portland tonight.
They didn’t fuck around. And shut that shit down.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Seattle cop removes his colleague's knee from a man's neck as they arrest him for looting during riots

Video

Video captured the moment a Seattle cop removed a fellow officer's knee from the neck of an alleged looter as they took him into custody amid riots against police brutality.  

Photojournalist Matt Mills filmed the confrontation on Saturday night as cities across the country were roiled by protests sparked by the death of George Floyd, a black man who died while Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck during an arrest.

Mills posted the video on Instagram, explaining in the caption that the officers were responding to a call about looters inside a T-Mobile store in downtown Seattle.  

'When Seattle Police Department officers arrived the group attempted to escape without being captured,' Mills wrote.

Link
View Quote
Saw that earlier.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:28:22 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

only thing you are missing is sleep

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:28:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Carbondale, IL had looting at the mall.

I really thought with the students gone because of the Rona nothing much would happen, but here we are. I just got back from checking on some property of mine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

There is a perceived sense of institutional racism in America which has certain minority groups upset, and then other Marxist/anarchist/leftist groups have glommed on to this opportunity to ignite a powder keg of misplaced public sentiment to take advantage of a really interesting set of circumstances to further their own agenda and muddy the waters of who’s responsible. There’s not a singular message, this is a pick-up game team of people that are ill-informed, dishonest, or outright hate our republic and they’re all moving in the same direction at exactly a time when they have more popular and media support than they’ve ever been afforded.

It’s a combination of culture crises that have been allowed to swelter and manifest into what you’re witnessing happen right before your eyes.

That’s the honest truth of it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Well thats all for me gentlemen.

Have a good one and maybe it will be better tomorrow., but i wouldn't count on it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gator96:

Was wondering the same earlier...what's the margin on a expedition interceptor...markets open in a few hours
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gator96:

for that to happen they would have to open the plants and Governor Hitler say so way - COVID will kill you

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
I’ll give it to Portland tonight.
They didn’t fuck around. And shut that shit down.

Ed
View Quote

Best response I’ve seen from them in the last decade. You’re right.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Good new masks have been unobtanium for several months now.  I saw one place selling M40 masks for $750 - fuck that.  I haven't seen M50 masks available for any price.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

yeah figured corona would have really messed with the supply.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:31:13 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
The new ford cop cars will have a disinfection program built into them. It revs the engine to 2000 rpm, heats the interior to 133*, and holds it there for 15 minutes. Then it turns the AC on to cool it down. Supposed to kill viruses.

You really can't make this shit up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

Have a good one and maybe it will be better tomorrow., but i wouldn't count on it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I think we all hope it’s better tomorrow. Night.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:32:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toblerone] [#25]

View Quote

Nahhhh. There's more pent up energy that needs to be bled off. Maybe it fizzles by Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Read what they write and look at what they do.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#27]
In on 504, my old Regiment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

@davisac

Getting sporty in the state.

Be well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dannylgriffin] [#29]
Toe Andy just got pepper balled.  Multiple times by different cops.  Can't breathe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

@davisac

Be well.
View Quote

I'm in the NW, don't think there's much going on here.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Portland gassed the fuck out of those hipsters tonight

Maybe they'll finally shower for once.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#32]
NYC IS STILL BEING LOOTED LIKE CRAZY.....COP VAN SET ON FIRE WITH FIREWORKS
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the info, links, and conversation guys. It’s bedtime. Gotta get up and prepare to work tomorrow. Y’all stay safe.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:38:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By the-fly:
Portland gassed the fuck out of those hipsters tonight

Maybe they'll finally shower for once.
View Quote

Salem OR gassed them again tonight. An hour ago.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fantomas] [#36]
Thanks for the info, links, and conversation guys. It’s bedtime. Gotta get up and prepare to work tomorrow. Y’all stay safe.

View Quote

same to you

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

@davisac

Be well.

Keep the Walpack Inn safe then.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

so what you are saying is my Rolex and Gucci Shoes increased in value today

Hell yeah, and post up some sexy pics in your lululemon yoga pants

my ass is to skinny it would look horrible

Um, pics?  I'm bored

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222783/main-qimg-58ed0c2044d5c94588eb3f208ba61b-1441867.jpg

Now we have something to riot about ;)
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:43:15 AM EDT
[#39]
That screeching Karen in Portland is about to get pepper balled to hell

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:44:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Things got a little sporty close to here earlier then I went to bed.  Woke up around 130 cause I suck at sleeping.

Heard eight shots fired about ten minutes ago.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:44:06 AM EDT
[#41]

There is a perceived sense of institutional racism in America which has certain minority groups upset, and then other Marxist/anarchist/leftist groups have glommed on to this opportunity to ignite a powder keg of misplaced public sentiment to take advantage of a really interesting set of circumstances to further their own agenda and muddy the waters of who’s responsible. There’s not a singular message, this is a pick-up game team of people that are ill-informed, dishonest, or outright hate our republic and they’re all moving in the same direction at exactly a time when they have more popular and media support than they’ve ever been afforded.

It’s a combination of culture crises that have been allowed to swelter and manifest into what you’re witnessing happen right before your eyes.

View All Quotes

Other than the officer being white and the dead man being black, was there anything else in this incident that was particularly racist?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:44:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dannylgriffin] [#42]
I know this is not what the Portland cops just said over the loudspeaker, but it sounded like "peace out."  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
Andrew Young in Portland took a direct hit from something and dropped like a rock.

Portland

Ed
View Quote

Andrew Young: U.S. Congressman from Georgia, United States Ambassador to the United Nations in the Carter Administration, and 55th Mayor of Atlanta?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:46:36 AM EDT
[#44]

yeah figured corona would have really messed with the supply.
View Quote
I talked to a guy in the warehouse at ApprovedGasMasks.com end of April.  He said the bigger problem is CBRN filters.  He thought they might get a batch around Memorial Day... nope.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:47:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SouthEndXGF] [#45]

Other than the officer being white and the dead man being black, was there anything else in this incident that was particularly racist?
View Quote

Not that I’m aware of. There’s video of the initial conversation, the officers having Floyd in the back of the police suv (after he fell on his own standing on the other side of the sub before they attempted to load him in the back of said suv) and trying to shut the door, and then video of them sitting on top of him after he fought his way out or was dragged back out of the opposite side of the vehicle they attempted to contain him in. Also, it appears the officer that is the prime suspect of this and the victim were both employed at the same night club as security contractors for years. There’s a lot to this story we just don’t know yet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm extremely surprised we didn't see more guns this past week.  Really.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#47]
My only concern now, is how this will effect PORN?  

Ed
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dannylgriffin] [#48]
OMG, CNN is talking about racial injustice and showing Zimmerman.

FoxNews is talking about Biden being against bail and Biden staffers donating bail money to the rioters and looters.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:49:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#49]
Not that I'm aware of. There's video of the initial conversation, the officers having Floyd in the back of the police suv (after he fell on his own standing on the other side of the sub before they attempted to load him in the back of said suv) and trying to shut the door, and then video of them sitting on top of him after he fought his way out or was dragged back out. Also, it appears the officer that is the prime suspect of this and the victim were both employed at the same night club as security contractors for years. There's a lot to this story we just don't know yet.
View Quote
It would seem so. I also saw a claim that Floyd was a four time felon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
OMG, CNN is talking about racial injustice and showing Zimmerman.
View Quote

I really gotta go though. MrZeat, Pm me if you want to see that stuff and I can send you links tomorrow.
Page / 5115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top