Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 456
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

My dad was on an aircraft carrier as a mechanic in the 70s and in steel mills until about 5 years ago. Hearing was shit. He finally got hearing aids through the VA and they made a big difference at first. Biggest problem was him pairing them to his phone. Last 2 or so years I've been hearing "huh?" Alot more. Part of it I think is partially like a habit/reflex but I've noticed his tv has gotten louder haha. Be patient with them getting calibrated and changing filters and such. It took him some getting used to but they help. Hope they make a difference for you man
View Quote

I never used the VA until now. I always felt it was for guys who were in combat and injured and always bought my own. Mine was just being on a flight line with F4's, F5's, F15's, F104's mostly. Security didn't get hearing protection back then. I just about shit my pants when she said I was approved.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

This is just me, and maybe I'm weird. Seems to me there is risk in becoming dependent on a single platform/system. When that system has a weakness revealed, suddenly the whole network is diminished because there are no alternate systems to use. I get it, F35 is great. But let's use our imagination and say that somehow a Chinese-controlled mole put a software defect into the system that nobody caught. Now the only fighters that can fly effectively are the F22s. All 180 or so of them.

I realize I'm an outsider, uninformed, clueless person, but diversity actually is a strength when it comes to a lot of things - genetics, investment portfolios, etc. Seems to me the old days when we had F18s, F16s, F15s, and F14s gave us a bit more security. Putting all your eggs in one basket was never a smart move, but here we are. One gun tube manufacturing plant. One missile seeker plant. One fighter platform. This isn't a strength.
View Quote

149 F-22s
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
My feelings exactly. Just read the latest thread on Trump appointing Musk to audit the budget. All the "TRUMP IS GOING TO EXPOSE THE DEEP STATE" tropes are back - as if he couldn't have done that in his first year...

Then there's the Garland report about Russia influencing our elections. Most of the GD autists are screeching "Russia Collusion! LOL!" and completely miss that the Russians have accomplished exactly what they meant to do: Undermine American democracy by completely eroding confidence in the American political system. Of course, much of the credit goes to the extreme left-wing media even without any Russian prodding.
View Quote

We did it ourselves, creating an opening for Russia to exploit with info ops, which they have done quite well. Secure elections are not difficult, but it was never a concern in the US, and became only slightly important after the 2000 election. Even after 2020, there has been almost no movement to increase security and reliability in our elections.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Meanwhile, the UN still lets Russia retain its seat and rotating chairmanship of the UNSC.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

Yep!  

Now I have a question for the people in the know!

Ukraine seems to be getting hit more often and almost exclusively in civilian area.  From looking at air defense coverage maps it appears they have enough systems to cover cities like Kyiv and Lviv.  Is this simply an interceptor shortage? Where Ukraine is prioritizing saving military and critical infrastructure over civilian areas?  It’s well known that if Israel ever comes under massive bombardment they will save military and critical infrastructure first.

So does Ukraine not have enough interceptor missile’s? Or is it they lack launchers to cover these two cities?  From what I can find it’s a interceptor shortage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
True....

I guess it will run it's course and be back to business as usual

Yep!  

Now I have a question for the people in the know!

Ukraine seems to be getting hit more often and almost exclusively in civilian area.  From looking at air defense coverage maps it appears they have enough systems to cover cities like Kyiv and Lviv.  Is this simply an interceptor shortage? Where Ukraine is prioritizing saving military and critical infrastructure over civilian areas?  It’s well known that if Israel ever comes under massive bombardment they will save military and critical infrastructure first.

So does Ukraine not have enough interceptor missile’s? Or is it they lack launchers to cover these two cities?  From what I can find it’s a interceptor shortage.

There’s all sorts of questions.
One is probably - even if the Ukrainians have an asset in place to intercept a missile, do they want to given relatively scarce assets?
For example, Russia seems to be conducting more counter-population attacks lately.  You don’t need super precision for that.
Throughout the war, the Russians have used things like the KH-22 an anti-ship missiles capable of hitting “some” building in a general target area, but likely not any particular building.  Patriot and SAMP are probably the only two SAMs that can intercept it.  Do you use up a precious Pac-3 on a missile that might or might not land on anything important?  If you do, then you can’t use that Pac-3 on the next incoming Iskander that is going to hit something important.  And even if that KH-22 doesn’t land on a military target, it will probably land on a large building like an apartment with a 1000 pound warhead.  It’s an intentional tactic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

F-35 is too short ranged and slow. What they need is F-35 avionics, adaptive cycle engines shared with F-35, and a larger and more stealthy airframe that holds two engines and doubles range.
View Quote

PACAF as far as China goes is leaning with F-15EX

I was just reading out the House appropriations and Senate defense appropriations bill for the 2025 defense budget and it looks like 58 vs 75 F-35s and 18 or 24 F-15EX with most expecting a CR and House and Senate dragging the process past the election

1 Virginia submarine
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

No kidding ...  I caught a thread ban for saying I hoped things would improve.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blueballs:
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

That thread was moderated to death. It was fine when people who were deliberately threads sliding were booted, but in its final days if you even mentioned Trump or the American election or policies you were thread banned. The mods took that thread and executed it like a Bolshevik

No kidding ...  I caught a thread ban for saying I hoped things would improve.

We’re not going back to that.  This thread will survive.  We have our spats but we’re all adults here and we can be reasonable and take care of ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Meanwhile, the UN still lets Russia retain its seat and rotating chairmanship of the UNSC.
View Quote

<Because they don't have a choice. The security council is permanent, whether we like it or not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Does anyone really think Japan will get nukes? And consider using them for anything short of Godzilla? Against China who has hundreds? They would be better off getting a shit ton of conventional missiles since even China will believe they may use them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwnc:

Nope.  Just getting ahead of the curve.  If China invades Taiwan, Japan would have to go nuclear as the only alternative to China looking at them next.  

Technically, the Tomahawks aren't nukes anymore, but they could be again if required.  In any case, if Japan builds their own nukes, they would now have instant delivery systems if they fit into Tomahawk warheads.

Does anyone really think Japan will get nukes? And consider using them for anything short of Godzilla? Against China who has hundreds? They would be better off getting a shit ton of conventional missiles since even China will believe they may use them.

Yes, absolutely.  Japan has already said that a Chinese move against Taiwan is an existential crisis for them.  Add to that potential for us going wobbly, They don’t have a choice.  Even if China doesn’t go for Taiwan, I rate their likelihood of acquiring nukes at 75% due to the deteriorating world situation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

You sir, are a true retard. If she does ob-gyn, you have hit all the bases.
View All Quotes

It's FANTASTIC advice in general to avoid beautiful American women in general, spy or no spy. Best outcome is you end up totting a sexual assault charge. "yes meant no" Worst case you get married and end up spending all your money on her, paying off her loans, and cleaning up her filthy messes. And her damn dogs and horses. Being turned into a spy lol I wish.

Yes, itchy married a red headed nurse who owns a horse

You sir, are a true retard. If she does ob-gyn, you have hit all the bases.

OMG, Im rolling on my floor laughing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Go Japan.

This short video is from 11 years ago.  It shows an F-35 automatically picking up enemy fire AA, rockets and artillery guns and classifying and locating targets for quick destruction by other units, or the F-35 itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZO0T5mDYU

View Quote

I briefly talked to a Dutch pilot here in Vegas to train on the F35:

"I dont want to ask any secret stuff, but is the F35 as cool as they say?"

"It's even cooler" - he said with an enthusiastic grin.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Politico: Viktor Orbán is losing his Putin discount | Hungary has long enjoyed bargain Russian oil. New Ukrainian sanctions are changing that — and Budapest is fuming.eta —
View All Quotes
Politico: Viktor Orbán is losing his Putin discount | Hungary has long enjoyed bargain Russian oil. New Ukrainian sanctions are changing that — and Budapest is fuming.eta —

Why can we not get politicians to oppose both Russia and EU suicidal tendencies?
Earlier this week, Budapest also missed its deadline to pay a €200 million fine imposed by the European Court of Justice for breaking the bloc's refugee asylum rules, paving the way for the EU to take the money out of much-needed future payments to the country.
Why are we stuck with Orban, who has the right policy on immigrants, and the wrong policy on Russia?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Report: Document found on Sinwar's computer details Hamas strategy for hostage talks, war with Israel  Link
According to the German newspaper Bild, a document was reportedly found on a computer belonging to Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar which detailed Hamas' strategy in the negotiations and the war as a whole.

The document, which reportedly dates to the spring of 2024, shows that Hamas has been weakened militarily, but that its main goal is to weaken Israel internationally and leverage the hostages against the Israeli government internally, through pressure on the hostages' families and the Israeli public.

In addition, the report states that Hamas will try to prematurely place blame for any failures in negotiations on Israel, framing the failures as Israel's rejection of terms that the U.S. presented and that Hamas agreed to, no matter the true cause of the failed talks.

The document also reportedly details Hamas plans to propose that an Arab force be stationed in Gaza as a "buffer" between Israel and Hamas, which would prevent Israel from reentering Gaza after the cease-fire.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:38:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

View All Quotes

Go Japan.

This short video is from 11 years ago.  It shows an F-35 automatically picking up enemy fire AA, rockets and artillery guns and classifying and locating targets for quick destruction by other units, or the F-35 itself.

That's awesome.  Yeah you can't compare them to other aircraft one to one.  It networks everyone and everything from ships to SAM units to space assets and calls out targets for everyone on the ground to shoot at.  Each one is like a mini AWACS and ISR platform that can launch 800 mile range stealth cruise missiles.  Or nukes, or anti ship missiles.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:43:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#16]
FT Article: China’s new back doors into western markets
View All Quotes
FT Article: China’s new back doors into western markets

Archive link This is a good read.
An intensifying rivalry between China and the US-led west is driving a fragmentation in the world’s economic order. Beijing, Washington, Brussels and other capitals have imposed a range of tariffs, export controls and other measures to protect their domestic markets and stymie competitors’ technological progress.
China’s emergence as an economic superpower over the past four decades has been propelled to a large degree by globalisation.
Open markets and free trade underpinned China’s long export boom and helped facilitate huge transfers of capital, knowledge and technology from the west to Chinese companies.
Many have gone on to become world leaders in their sectors: examples include BYD and CATL in electric vehicles and batteries, Huawei in telecoms and ByteDance in social media.

Post-WWII was an age where America dominated in all places in all things. That era is over. In the new era, China will be the one dominating in all places and in all things. The age of the American Empire is ending. Our leaders don't seem to have a comprehensive plan to effectively manage America's decline.

I'm not saying this to be negative, and it should not be taken that way. All empires end, there is a rise and fall to every civilization & nation in world history, there are no exceptions. For better or worse, we live in the time of transition from the era of America to the age of China. You can try to argue that I'm wrong, but good luck making a case that will hold up over the next five years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#17]

See new posts
Conversation
Colby Badhwar 🇨🇦🇬🇧
@ColbyBadhwar
❗️🇺🇸🇺🇦 💥 Munitions production update 💥🧵

New fact sheet on the UDCG's National Armaments Directors Meeting has a lot of information on a number of efforts, will highlight a few additional things in replies below. ⬇️

▶️ US 155mm production has reached 40,000/month. Unclear if this is from the partial operationalization of the first new line at GD-OTS Mesquite, or an increase from GD-OTS NEPA. The US will increase that further to 55,000/m in the next month or so, and should reach 80,000 by the end of the year per ASA Doug Bush.

▶️ 155mm MACS production is 18,000/m. This is considerably less than I expected. LAP capacity and supplier diversity for MACS is fairly strong, so it is being bottlenecked by M31A2 Triple-Base Propellant production. Efforts are underway to increase this.

▶️ GMLRS production is 1,167/m (14,000/year). Per the P-1 this was scheduled for next year, but it was previously reported that they would achieve it this year.

▶️ Javelin production is 200/m (2,400/y). This is an increase over the very recently reported 2,100/year.

▶️ AIM-9X Sidewinder production is 137/m (1,644/y). Raytheon is on contract for 2500/y by 2025, from the previous baseline of 1400/y, so they have made some modest progress.

▶️ PAC-3 MSE production of 42/m (504/y). Lockheed has previously stated that they already reached 550, so this needs further clarification.

▶️ HIMARS production of 8/m (96/y). As I have previously shared, this was already 1 year ahead of schedule, expected EOY 2024 rather than the initial date of EOY 2025, and they have beaten that further.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:55:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#19]
More Houthi BS.  Link to UKMTO.

Advisory UKMTO #121 6 September 2024  141900N, 0420500E
UKMTO received a time late report from the CSO that a vessel was approached from the east by a small blue and white skiff, 60 NMs southwest of the port of Al Hudaydah.

The skiff had 3 personnel onboard, one was navigating and the other two was looking through binoculars. The skiff got to 400 metres of the vessel and changed direction when the armed security team displayed their weapons.  Authorities are investigating.
View Quote

Advisory UKMTO #120  4 September 2024   180708N, 0401236E
UKMTO has been made aware of an entity declaring itself to be from the UKMTO and requesting vessels to switch on their AIS and provide present position update.

UKMTO recommends Masters verify any calls from UKMTO..
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Desperate clinging to hopes peace will prevail in the next 4 years and notions of gaining deterrence likely mean we’re going to have reactive leadership going forward.
I anticipate whoever is CinC will discover this axis is playing for keeps and won’t roll over
View Quote

We've had nothing but reactive leadership for four years.

Yes, I agree it's likely to continue.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]

So all the Russian comments that Ukraine is just a US puppet are basically true. The US is managing the war. Fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian!

The US shouldn't be a party to the war. Send ammo, systems, launchers, data, intel, and let Ukraine do whatever they want. It's their war.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#22]

We've had nothing but reactive leadership for four years.

Yes, I agree it's likely to continue.
View Quote

I could be wrong but I think the axis will ramp up beyond what we’ve seen from 2021 until now

I am keeping tabs on Iran and Russia over Azerbaijan and China amd Iran over Saudi claims on disputed islands with Iran. This a is is simultaneously coordinating but trying to manipulate each other.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#23]

So all the Russian comments that Ukraine is just a US puppet are basically true. The US is managing the war. Fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian!

The US shouldn't be a party to the war. Send ammo, systems, launchers, data, intel, and let Ukraine do whatever they want. It's their war.
View Quote

SecDef today said the US won’t allow deep strikes into Russia with US weapons.  Also people at the Pentagon and White House were hinting that Ukraine was going to get a lot less ATACMS in the future due to a limited number available.

Saddest part of all of this is we say it out loud so Russia knows what we are doing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Go Japan.

I remember when the F-35 was first announced and people who supposedly knew what they were talking about were crapping all over it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#25]

That's awesome.  Yeah you can't compare them to other aircraft one to one.  It networks everyone and everything from ships to SAM units to space assets and calls out targets for everyone on the ground to shoot at.  Each one is like a mini AWACS and ISR platform that can launch 800 mile range stealth cruise missiles.  Or nukes, or anti ship missiles.

View Quote

I'm guessing the plane mostly flies it's self, and the pilot is mostly monitoring systems and taking appropriate action.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link to FDD analysis on Iran and the Bomb.  Very long article.

Traffic through the Suez Canal has decreased 66 percent since companies began diverting ships...this has led to service reconfigurations and volume shifts, straining infrastructure and resulting in port congestion, delays, and shortages in capacity and equipment.

MAERSK REPORTS HOUTHI ATTACKS CAUSE 66 PERCENT DROP IN SUEZ CANAL TRAFFIC  Link
Latest Developments
Danish shipping giant A.P Moller-Maersk (Maersk) announced on September 5 that traffic through the Suez Canal has decreased 66 percent since companies began diverting ships away from the Red Sea to avoid attacks launched by the Iran-backed Houthi rebels. Maersk said that the “disruptions have led to service reconfigurations and volume shifts, straining infrastructure and resulting in port congestion, delays, and shortages in capacity and equipment,” adding that “the timeline for easing these disruptions and returning to ‘normal’ remains uncertain.”

Maersk’s update follows a July notice warning that rerouting ships around Africa would impact its entire global network. Maersk said that “the cascading impact” of diverting traffic away from the Red Sea “extends beyond the primary affected routes, causing congestion at alternative routes and transshipment hubs essential for trade with Far East Asia, West Central Asia, and Europe.”

Expert Analysis
“Effective policy requires decision-makers to objectively assess whether the current policy is working. Well, the jury is in, and the administration’s current approach toward the Houthis and their Iranian benefactors is not working. Despite notable efforts by the United States and others, the worst assault on maritime trade and freedom of navigation in decades continues. If the White House’s policy is not examined and revised, expect the economic, environmental, and security consequences to grow.” — Bradley Bowman, Senior Director of FDD’s Center on Military and Political Power

“Both Egypt and Jordan, which benefit from the Red Sea’s economic advantages in shipping, have been severely impacted by continuous attacks from the Iran-backed Houthis. These attacks have worsened the already serious economic challenges facing both countries. The Houthis’ control of the strategic Bab al-Mandeb Strait will further amplify the economic repercussions for nations overlooking the Red Sea. The United States, along with all members of Operation Prosperity Guardian, must take a more aggressive role in deterring the Houthis and restoring maritime shipping in the region.” — Ahmad Sharawi, FDD Research Analyst

Houthis Disrupt Commercial Shipping, Threaten Environmental Disaster
Since November 2023, the Houthis, acting in solidarity with Hamas in Gaza, have launched dozens of attacks against commercial vessels in and around the Red Sea, disrupting global trade. On September 2, the Iran-backed rebels attacked two oil tankers transiting through the Red Sea, increasing the likelihood of an environmental catastrophe in the region. U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) stated that both vessels were laden with crude oil, confirming that one — the Saudi Arabian-flagged MV Amjad — was carrying approximately 2 million barrels of oil at the time of the attack.

The attacks came as fires continued to burn on another ship that the Houthis attacked on August 21, the Greek-flagged MV Delta Sounion. The Sounion was transporting 1 million barrels of oil when it was attacked and consequently rendered inoperable. The ship was left anchored between Yemen and Eritrea, where it could potentially spill its cargo and cause an ecological disaster. The destruction of either the Delta Sounion or the Amjad would threaten one of the worst oil spills in history. On August 24, the U.S. State Department expressed concern that the Houthi attack on the Delta Sounion could lead to a spill “four times the size of the Exxon Valdez disaster” — referring to the 1989 disaster that resulted in 11 million gallons of oil spilling into Alaska’s Prince William Sound.

Red Sea Trade Hub
Roughly 12 percent of all global trade, amounting to approximately $1 trillion of goods per year, passes through the Suez Canal at the northwestern edge of the Red Sea. Following weeks of Houthi harassment of commercial ships, U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin announced Operation Prosperity Guardian on December 18. The initiative seeks to ensure freedom of navigation in the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden, and the Bab el-Mandeb Strait.

In January, the White House said that Houthi attacks on shipping had affected more than 50 countries. In April, the Defense Intelligence Agency released a report on the economic impacts of the Houthi’s attack campaign, including an approximately 90 percent decline in container shipping through the Red Sea, financial strains on shipping companies forced to divert around Africa, and “compounding ongoing stress to global maritime shipping caused by interruptions at the Panama Canal due to drought.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Why can we not get politicians to oppose both Russia and EU suicidal tendencies?Why are we stuck with Orban, who has the right policy on immigrants, and the wrong policy on Russia?
View Quote
except for Hungary giving all those Russians visas to enter Europe ‘immigrants’…
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#28]

I'm guessing the plane mostly flies it's self, and the pilot is mostly monitoring systems and taking appropriate action.
View All Quotes

lol, the pilot does fly it, but there are a lot of automated assists for all the systems to make his life easier than in other aircraft.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Because they don't have a choice. The security council is permanent, whether we like it or not.
View Quote

The seat is permanent.  Who holds the seat isn't.  If the UN could take China's security council seat from the RoC and give it to the commies, then the UN could take the USSR's security council seat from Russia and give it to another one of the USSR's successor states.  I can think of a better country to hold it than Russia, can you?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#31]
Originally Posted By absael:
I remember when the F-35 was first announced and people who supposedly knew what they were talking about were crapping all over it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:

Go Japan.

I’m sure until they were read in. If you look at it as it sits on the ramp as a fighter, one could likely argue it’s a POS. But from what little I know, its REAL capabilities aren’t known until you’re read into the program. There are probably still very few out there that know what this thing can do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Iran’s Permanent Mission to the UN denies the transfer of ballistic missiles to Russia has been carried out in a statement to CNN.

“Iran’s position vis-à-vis the Ukraine conflict remains unchanged. Iran considers the provision of military assistance to the parties engaged in the conflict—which leads to increased human casualties, destruction of infrastructure, and a distancing from ceasefire negotiations—to be inhumane. Thus, not only does Iran abstain from engaging in such actions itself, but it also calls upon other countries to cease the supply of weapons to the sides involved in the conflict.”

Good news Iran hasn’t been supplying Russia with drones or any weapons. It’s all been fake lol. The balls on these guys.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

My guess is that most of the Israeli hostages are already dead. Hamas can't make a deal because they have nothing to offer.
View Quote

Yep, just keeping a few between the IDF and Sinwar.  Prob been that way for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#35]
China is asshole

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWzZH6dWEAAM-Gu?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

About that…
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

It's FANTASTIC advice in general to avoid beautiful American women in general, spy or no spy. Best outcome is you end up totting a sexual assault charge. "yes meant no" Worst case you get married and end up spending all your money on her, paying off her loans, and cleaning up her filthy messes. And her damn dogs and horses. Being turned into a spy lol I wish.

Yes, itchy married a red headed nurse who owns a horse

I feel ya on the red head part in the medical field.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Iran’s Permanent Mission to the UN denies the transfer of ballistic missiles to Russia has been carried out in a statement to CNN.

“Iran’s position vis-à-vis the Ukraine conflict remains unchanged. Iran considers the provision of military assistance to the parties engaged in the conflict—which leads to increased human casualties, destruction of infrastructure, and a distancing from ceasefire negotiations—to be inhumane. Thus, not only does Iran abstain from engaging in such actions itself, but it also calls upon other countries to cease the supply of weapons to the sides involved in the conflict.”

Good news Iran hasn’t been supplying Russia with drones or any weapons. It’s all been fake lol. The balls on these guys.
View Quote
looped video of of the ais track for the ship in the above tweet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Short 10 sec video. That’s a lot of rust.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#41]
The House GOP's CR does not include anomalies to reauthorize Presidential Drawdown Authority, Direct Commercial Contracting, or Foreign Military Financing previously enacted in the Ukraine or Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Acts.

This language will need to be inserted into the Senate's CR and differences resolved in conference.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#42]

I never used the VA until now. I always felt it was for guys who were in combat and injured and always bought my own. Mine was just being on a flight line with F4's, F5's, F15's, F104's mostly. Security didn't get hearing protection back then. I just about shit my pants when she said I was approved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

My dad was on an aircraft carrier as a mechanic in the 70s and in steel mills until about 5 years ago. Hearing was shit. He finally got hearing aids through the VA and they made a big difference at first. Biggest problem was him pairing them to his phone. Last 2 or so years I've been hearing "huh?" Alot more. Part of it I think is partially like a habit/reflex but I've noticed his tv has gotten louder haha. Be patient with them getting calibrated and changing filters and such. It took him some getting used to but they help. Hope they make a difference for you man

I wear hearing aids full time due to 14 years of service and also my injuries.

VA has provided quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Bullshit. You can tell she is lying by her expression...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
I am sure that Russia is playing both sides just to sow conflict and distrust of any candidate.   Trump definitely, had no problem killing Russians in Syria.   I think that the Biden family is highly compromised both by Ru and the former RU aligned Ukrainian companies, hence Trump's call for the investigation.  I believe that Trump will side with Ukraine and battle with the RU/Chinese/Iranian axis, most likely economically.
View Quote

Well stated. Short and concise.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

A popular saying I heard when I was deployed in Ramadi during my 2nd Iraq tour was that "Places like Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, and Florida are at War while places like NOVA are out shopping".  I guarantee from personal observation that folks from places that had kids wounded or killed in the GWOT have not forgotten, nor have most of the 2 million or so veterans of those conflicts.  Throw in their families, friends, school classmates, etc; that is a lot of folks scattered around the country with some bitter memories.  Ditto for all the folks who have been thrown out of work and screwed by various policies advocated by said "Deep State".  People don't just "forget" life-changing events like it was some sort of stock transaction that didn't pan out.  Soon, the Establishment is going to run out of people who are comfortable enough to have the luxury of short-term thinking.
View Quote

True. But they either don't know who is responsible, forgot, or don't want to believe it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#46]

It will ruin my not hearing the wife excuse.
View Quote

Just don't put them in....
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:13:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#47]
I really dont understand why nations dont push back against China claiming all the seas, its like Spain claiming rights to any treasure found. Wake up China the world has changed and so has its borders. How quickly they forgot that the only reason they are here is because of what we did for them in WW2.

Nations need to start pushing back, otherwise its the slow boil for all of SE Asia. China may be strong but so are a united pacific alliance. China has gotten away with with too much for to long. There counting on complacency is over.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

I'd much rather vote for Rubio or Cruz.....
View Quote

DeSantis was my favorite but he came off nerdy and a little goofy, didn't poll well. The other candidates probably have better policy positions but not the spine to fight to make it happen. Today the USA is not like 10 years ago and the time for polite gentile policy wonks are over. It's time for the rude, obnoxious rabble-rouser, anti-hero. We need Dirty Harry or Snake Pliskin not Mr. Rogers. Anyway, like I keep saying, it's Trump or Kamala. I'm not sure who will be better on Ukraine but I'm 100% certain Kamala will fuck America into Venezuela or worse.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#49]

<Because they don't have a choice. The security council is permanent, whether we like it or not.
View All Quotes

Correct, the permanent member granted was the Soviet Union. Which has since dissolved.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Oof. That had a spool of fiber optic cable on it. That means that was front line combat. Need to have a door/cover on everything
View Quote

A kill shot on that drone was possible. Going slow and low. Still probably wound everyone depending on the payload but better than ducking and hoping"please not me".
Page / 456
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top