Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 457
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This will cause all sorts of chaos and confusion between both the Pro-Ukraine democrats AND the anti-Ukraine pro-Trumpers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

That one never gets old.  It’s the perfect tactic which Magyar may have pioneered.
Destroy a vehicle with either a mine or FPV and then lay an IED in the bottleneck next to the destroyed vehicle where it looks like wreckage.
If the next driver thinks thermal FPVs are lurking and blows through, BLAMMO.
If they slow down, they become easy meat for lurking thermal FPVs.
If they get out and try to clear it, good chance they set off the IED anyway.
Any way you cut it, road transport comes to a standstill until daylight and/or a serious mine clearing asset comes along.
I’ve seen a Magyar vid with four burning vehicles in the same place from the same tactic, one after the other until someone finally got smart or the road just got too clogged with burning Russians.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTWZ6tUWoAAp1Fm?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Partisans report that the occupiers can only cover one area of the peninsula due to a critical shortage of air defense systems.  

Great, the Kerch bridge is still working as intended!  🤣
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By absael:
The first thing that occurred to me when the ferry was hit is that this could be a precursor to an attack on the bridge.  Apparently the same thought occurred to the Russians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:

The first thing that occurred to me when the ferry was hit is that this could be a precursor to an attack on the bridge.  Apparently the same thought occurred to the Russians.

Right now the bridge is more valuable to the Ukrainians intact because the Russians keep sending in S300s and S400s to “protect” it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:00:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#5]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTWxQnjXcAApwY2?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTWxQnsX0AAtnjN?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTWxQnpXwAAgadX?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Are we sure they weren’t trying for the D-30 drag racer look?
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
NSFW

View All Quotes
NSFW

Artillery and drone operators effectively targeted the dismounted Russian infantry. As a result, 23 Russian soldiers were killed and 29 wounded.  

Shoulda stayed home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I’ve wondered if it wouldn’t be better to just send in BMPs unarmed.  The armor can’t stand up against any FPV, and the HE load is just a danger to the vehicle and crew.  The first job of the IFV is to get the infantry to the objective alive.  In a war like this, the second job is to survive to do it again.  Given a choice I’d go unarmed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Some stealthy 250ishlb UAV's with enough ass to kill the bears would be REALLY useful
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
35 minutes ago.

Some stealthy 250ishlb UAV's with enough ass to kill the bears would be REALLY useful

Can’t happen.  You’d need a Neptune-class weapon with long-range FPV guidance, toting an AA-11.  No small drone can combine the necessary range AND speed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Can't happen.  You'd need a Neptune-class weapon with long-range FPV guidance, toting an AA-11.  No small drone can combine the necessary range AND speed.
View Quote
Need some F16 with long range missiles.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Need some F16 with long range missiles.
View Quote

F16s couldn't get close enough to the transit airlanes or launch box area over the Caspian, even with the new AIM-174 long-range SM6 variant.

If they had stealthy long-duration drones, they could do it. Have to loiter near the launch box, which would require heap big stealth, then launch conventional AIM-120s when they acquire the Tu95s.

Nothing Ukraine is known to have has that capability, though. Even US long-duration drones, I don't think can carry the AIM-174, nor would they be likely to get close enough to engage with AIM-120s. Maybe loyal wingman could do it with AIM-174s?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]
??????? ????? ???????? — ?? ???????? ?????????? ??????? ?????? ???

???? HIMARS Hits ???? Radar, ???? To Send Hawk Anti-Aircraft System, Olympic Games — Live: War in Ukraine

??????? ? ??????????????? ??? ????. ???? «???» ??? ?????? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ? ???? ????
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:13:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#15]

View Quote

Daily Ukraine map thread for Thursday 25th July 2024

Highlights: Daily updates will be back to normal as members are back from leave. Thanks for the messages, we're fine!

Footage emerges of very large Russian mechanized attacks towards Kostyantynivka, repulsed by the 79th Air Assault Brigade.

Russian forces advance near Niu-York to Zalizne, in Kharkiv/Luhansk and are confirmed to hold Prohres and Yasnobrodivka west of Avdiivka.

Ships are updated in the Black Sea, with Novorossiysk being very full - both Krivaks from Sevastopol are now in Novorossiysk, leaving Sevastopol virtually empty

Saki airbase in Crimea was struck last night, claimed to have destroyed an air defence radar. Near Dzankhoi was also hit recently, which seems to have damaged a radar and destroyed a command post.

Map: https://uacontrolmap.com

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#16]
The collapse of the front lines can not be ignored.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:15:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#17]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, enough time has passed for this content, so expect a series of videos on water battles, swamps and islands, destruction of enemy boats and reconnaissance groups that tried to take control of our territories.

Previously, the publication of such videos could harm both the work of our group and implicate other groups and allied units that performed specific operations and tasks on the water. Now, there is nothing new in this kind of work, because the enemy is also learning, and the theater of war that appears in the video has changed a lot a long time ago, so there are no current positions in the video.

It is difficult to convey to you the scale and impact on the situation of the work we have done, I can only say that it is measured by hundreds of Russians destroyed and hundreds of lives of our soldiers and civilians saved, the constant howl of propagandists and occupiers in this direction, and even rewards for our heads 😈 , and this only motivates the Yebashites even more powerfully 🔥 .

Expect the first video in this series today in this thread (yes, you can plus in the comments to see updates). In order not to miss all the videos, subscribe to the channel:

The first episode in a series of videos on the destruction of enemy groups on water.

First we were able to track down and engage two boats full of personnel attempting to land on one of the islands. Then they prevented the evacuation of the wounded from the aforementioned boats. All the boats and groups trying to evacuate had nightmares all night until the Russians gave up on this idea, leaving their 300. And in the end, they finished off the "lost" Russian in the reeds and burned the previously sunk boat full of weapons and property.

there will be more... 🔥

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
View Quote

And what collapse is that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

It really is the most irritating aspect of this, the inability to just watch what happens.
Obviously two different strategies. Just watch it 🙄

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:56:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1816610271840071870.html

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:03:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#25]
Geez.  Landed the FPV on the Russian concrete shelter and waited for the crew to get out to command detonate.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#26]

one or more Russian pilots, and an ammunition dump at the airbase.

FighterBomber: «It's not a good morning again, country... Eternal memory! (He typically uses this phrase when a pilot/pilots is/are lost.)

So, brief conclusions.

At airfields, there must be at least two armored vehicles on a regular basis, which, among other things, will allow you to pull out the wounded in conditions when it is impossible to get to them by other means.
Although I wrote about it in 2018.

Each serviceman of the forces on duty should have a first-aid kit on him, which he knows how to use.

The Ukrainians' ping decreased from a couple of days to 6 hours.

That is, if we want to roll planes, we need to have something left in the affected area by storms, scalps and attacks at least every 5 hours.

Well, or take them out of the affected area.

It is necessary to strengthen the search for hidden cells and enemy agents around airfields throughout the country. From Crimea to Murmansk.

It is pointless to write about ZHBU, and the fact that they would have leveled all the losses over the past 24 hours. We will run out of aviation faster than we will build them. We have an untilled field before the problems. We will leave the issues of housing and communal services to future generations to solve, suddenly they will be smarter than us.

Although, according to the experience of Laos, they will also shout that the grandfathers fought without ZHBU and won the war.»

Image 1: Before and after strike satelite imagery of Saky Airbase (https://t.me/east_front/16456)

Image 2: NASA FIRMS thermal imagery of potential location of the Russian radar/S-300/400 system near Shovkovychne (Geolocation: 45.172590, 33.737470)
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#27]
The surprising durability of the Russian Economy continues:
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Dedicated anti drone drones being made.

Friends, it so happened that our drones are perfectly suited for targeting aerial threats. For several months now, we have been developing the capability to destroy enemy UAVs.

We can't show the results yet, but they are incredible. Every day starts with good news and videos. Meanwhile, the Russians have fewer eyes in the sky every day.

These results, which we will definitely show you, wouldn't have been possible without your trust.
So, we ask you to trust us once again and invest in the production of drones that will blind the occupiers, preventing them from targeting our armor with lancets and correcting artillery and missile strikes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:28:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#31]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
The surprising durability of the Russian Economy continues:
View Quote

They have prepped for all of this before 2014 ...
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:39:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]
My comment on the coordinated attack on France's railway system:

In the very early hours of today, 4 attacks were carried out, of which 3 were successful. With the fourth attack, railway employees spotted the saboteurs, who then fled. That incident was at 1.15 AM.

The attacks were arson attacks on railway network installations, notably including communication cables that are used for the railway signalling system.

All of the attacks targeted major high-speed lines.

Attacks of this nature are designed to paralyse or at least strongly disrupt national transportation. The attacks were not aimed at generating mass casualties.

Such attacks are, on the other hand, clearly a major assault on France as a nation and on its ability to function normally.

My initial thoughts from first principles, i.e. from theoretical considerations, as to who could be behind these attacks:

From first principles, attacks of this nature can be part of a pre-war playbook by a hostile foreign power, according to a "preparing the ground" objective, or a "testing the ground" objective (now we know how effective this test-run was, we'll plan much better for how to truly wreck their transport system next time, meaning in wartime). Additional motivations can be to seek to intimidate the target nation (if you get closer to hampering my national ambitions, I will hurt you on the home front) or to generate domestic political tensions that one will then seek to exploit (see below).

Alternatively, a domestic non-state actor could in principle be interested in launching such an attack, but such attacks are only truly logical at a strategic level if they are part of a strategy to prepare the ground, or test the ground, ahead of major hostilities, e.g., in preparation of violent revolution. Also, a domestic revolutionary force would be more likely to come up with the planning and resources for such a coordinated attack if it were receiving advice from a foreign state sponsor that applies military reasoning.

This doesn't rule out a more modest or more ad hoc actor being involved. But the nature of the attack follows a military way of thinking.

The terrorist attack against the French high-speed rail network follows a similar pattern as the sabotage of the German rail network, which occurred on October 8, 2022. In both cases, the attack has been executed with deep knowledge of the rail network, requiring a sophisticated sabotage process, which for criminals or protesters is far too advanced.

Only enemy nations and their intelligence service operate in that kind sophistication and precision. With the Olympics at the doorstep, we should remember which nation has been barred from this venue. It is the same nation which benefits from chaos in the West. In the end, it is only the latest reminder that we are already at war and only one side is dedicated to it. We have to act, now.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#38]
🫡 I report on the use of the collected funds for my prosthetics in the USA.

First of all, I would like to thank all the caring people who joined the initiative of my friends from the Ua.Helr Volunteer Center - raising funds for high-quality and modern prosthetics for me! Tens of thousands of contributions are truly "People's Feet"! The collection itself was opened in the intensive care unit, when I was fighting for my life, and my friends and family already believed that I would survive and walk, thank them for that! Thank you to my friend @YV_Levchenko, who, despite my then critical condition, believed in me and already opened a collection for prosthetics.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#39]
This morning, Russian "Z-blogs" are filled with worry about so-called "Trump Peace Plan", published in the Wall Street Journal by David J Urban and Mike Pompeo (former Trump advisor and former US Secretary of State, respectively).

The "Peace Plan" consists of several points, including a $500 billion lend-lease for Ukraine, removing limitations on the use of weapons and tighter sanctions for Russia.

Russian "Z-bloggers" were clearly unhappy with this scenario.

Read the article here:
https://wsj.com/articles/a-trump-peace-plan-for-ukraine-russia-foreign-policy-926348cf

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Don’t get mad at him. He’s just posting what was sent to him to post.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:09:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fervid_dryfire] [#41]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTTt3aFWUAEfl6b?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTIj8IQWUAABDyo?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTIj81CWQAAM_Es?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTIj94tXUAAQ_a0?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTIj_NAXsAA2EgT?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I remember a huge thread here about this years ago.  Turned out to be a nothing burger.  That's not to say it might be a bigger story this year...

Could a "natural" dam collapse and aftermath accelerate China’s war ambitions?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Also worked with USAF weather personnel back when I was in with 19th SFG. The first time I ever saw gray berets

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_6941-3276314.jpg
View Quote

Para weathermen are top tier badass.  I believe they can also do the Combat Controller role in a pinch.

Anytime aircraft are involved, up-to-date weather info is critical.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#44]
This morning, Russian "Z-blogs" are filled with worry about so-called "Trump Peace Plan", published in the Wall Street Journal by David J Urban and Mike Pompeo (former Trump advisor and former US Secretary of State, respectively).

The "Peace Plan" consists of several points, including a $500 billion lend-lease for Ukraine, removing limitations on the use of weapons and tighter sanctions for Russia.

Read the article here:
https://wsj.com/articles/a-trump-peace-plan-for-ukraine-russia-foreign-policy-926348cf

View Quote

I like it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Today is one year since my husband, Igor Strelkov, was arrested. He has been in prison since then. Igor was imprisoned on a politically motivated, absurd charge - for posts in a telegram where he spoke in defense of soldiers in the Northern Military District.

Many would like my husband, the hero of Novorossiya, one of the few who told people the truth, to be forgotten, as often happens with people removed from the public field. But, fortunately, this did not happen and cannot happen.

The name of Igor Strelkov is an assembly point for true patriots, for all people who are not indifferent to the fate of our Fatherland. Many thanks to everyone who supports Igor, all his friends and supporters. Believe me, there are very, very many of us, and this gives me bright hopes for the future.

Today it is especially important to remain faithful to the ideals of honor and truth. Do not let the heroes of the Russian Spring be forgotten and recent history be distorted, no matter how much the officialdom strives for this. Do not renounce your conscience and duty.

Igor Strelkov is an example of a person who has not deviated from his convictions. And even in the dungeons, his example gives many strength and determination to do what they must.

Together we will overcome everything. Thank you!

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1167

Friends, I hasten to inform you that our lawyer has just entered IK-5 in the city of Kirovo-Chepetsk to visit Igor. In the near future we should have information about his condition and conditions of detention.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from my husband. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words of support.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1169

Friends, as promised, I’m telling you about Igor.

Our lawyer from Kirov finally managed to communicate with him! According to him, Igor looks good and feels normal. The living conditions are adequate, he has no complaints. It is clear that Igor, as a military man accustomed to Spartan life, would not complain about any little things. But I really hope that the conditions there are truly as suitable as possible in such a situation.

He also asks for help in organizing the opportunity for him to call his loved ones. We will work in this direction. He hasn't contacted us for over a month.

In addition, Igor already works in the colony at a sewing factory, as a carver. Previously, he never complained about his eyesight, but now he asks to bring him glasses with diopters - there are a lot of small details in this work.

Igor's most important request is to send him letters. Including telling the latest news. He really misses news from outside.

You can send a letter electronically through the Zonatelecom website - https://www.zonatelecom.ru

Region: Kirov region
Institution: IK-5 (Kirovo-Chepetsk)
Igor Vsevolodovich Girkin, born in 1970

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1171

Friends, erroneous information is spreading on the Internet that Igor wrote an application for permission to work. This is not true: no requests were submitted either by the lawyer or by Igor himself.

I think you understand that working in a correctional colony is a very difficult task. Igor began to work on the general basis on which all convicts who are kept in this colony and are able to work work.

And our lawyer, who visited Igor, does not comment or communicate with the media.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1172

View Quote

I didn't read that all but I had to respond to the first part: whenever I see the name Strelkov, I think of a Ukrainian PC game, not some Russian dissident.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#47]
11 minutes ago.

View Quote

Even if they're just mainly doing it for themselves, bravo to Romania for having some backbone!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#48]
11 minutes ago.

View Quote

Dear President Iohannis:

Russian provocations against Romania and Moldavia have gone far enough, and the war in Ukraine is perilous. It is time to coordinate closely with the Moldavian government to expel all Russian citizens, Russian agents, and confirmed traitors from Moldavia, including Transnistria. This must be done to promote and protect peace and freedom for Romanian & Moldavian people.

Sincerely,
The Free World
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#49]

I like it.

View All Quotes

Read the article here:

I like it.

Is this real? It seems pretty far off where Trump has been before.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:43:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]
FPV drone tracks down a Russian inside a building.

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1816859282664525827
Page / 457
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top