Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2018 2:02:25 AM EDT
It's nice that they're making Parker and Stone's jobs easier.

The Church of Scientology on Sunday surprised the media business by unveiling its plan to launch the Scientology Network on platforms including DirecTV, Apple and Amazon starting Monday.
View Quote
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/scientology-network-directv-channel-launch-march-12-1202723661/amp/
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure it'll be awesome - But for sheer entertainment, nothing will ever top Dr. Gene Scott.

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure it'll be awesome - But for sheer entertainment, nothing will ever top Dr. Gene Scott.
View Quote
Was that the old white bearded dude in a recliner that hollered SEND ME ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! ?

I remember that guy, he was awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:23:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
They just moved into a huge newly remodeled office building a few blocks up and a few blocks over from me on South Temple in SLC.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The oldest chose Scientology for a 7th grade religion project presentation. Weirded out the class with Xenu stories.

She's a good kid.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 4:40:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Gotta love the parting shot at the NRA, implying that it's of the same dubious virtue...

The recent focus on the National Rife Assn. and gun control laws in the wake of last month’s the high school schooting massacre in Parkland, Fla., has raised public awareness of the growing number of corporately-owned channels that are gaining distribution on startup OTT platforms hungry for content. Apple and Amazon have come under fire for carrying the NRA TV channel that promotes gun ownership and the lobbying org’s legislative agenda with numerous programs done in the vein of traditional unscripted reality shows.

Scientology Network appears to be another example of a well-heeled brand sidestepping traditional media and advertising platforms for a direct-to-consumer approach with a 24/7 TV channel to spread its message. Scientology has been expected by longtime observers to beef up its high-end media production infrastructure after it acquired the KCET lot.

The grave concerns raised about Scientology’s practices and the conduct of its leaders will also undoubtedly lead to pressure from activists on distributors who agree to carry Scientology Network.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/f76153a65364793c5ae1cc1dd581531c/tumblr_mtnh6lHGh31qapkmyo1_400.jpg
View Quote
Whoa! I remember that guy from when I was a kid. He was on late night TV a million years ago.

Is he still around?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top