Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 7:34:19 AM EDT
So. Long story short. I have a savage action that is not up to my expectations for the tac driver I was going to build with it. The original stock was texture coasted and when I sanded it down was hiding a lot of flaws.  So, the butt end of the stock is beyond repair to bring it to a good result. My idea was to make a pass through window filled with acrylic and throwing some rounds to free float in it. The wood on this is absolutely gorgeous and it’s a shame I can’t just sand and hand rub it but it is what it is. I know I could get a stock for cheap and bed my hardware in it and call it a day. But like I stated, it’s beautiful and my idea will actually look kinda cool when finished. My question is anyone have any experience pouring resin on something with negative space? How would I pour it? Do I make a mold or the intact side and make a reverse? I’ve searched forums in acrylic and can’t quite get resolve of my question. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't get the link to work.

I'm not sure what you need done. I have poured resins to build car stuff, and hand built wood die models.

I'm north of GR
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Check youtube I see guys doing stuff like that with resin all the time, not with gun parts though, but it's the same thing.
Top Top