Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2024 10:31:28 PM EDT

I purchased a new Toyota Tacoma dual-cab (front and back seats), full bed 2023 back in December.  The front seats do have electric controls to move the seat located on the side.

I would like to put some seat covers on it.  I’m not looking to sink a lot of money into this, but just want some level of protection for the usual stuff.

I have been researching this and came across Rough Country covers:

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/configurable/toyota-tacoma-neoprene-seat-cover-set-91031c

The problem is the description specifically states that they will cover the electric seat adjustment “knobs”.

Questions:

1) Does anyone have the Rough Country neoprene seat covers on a Toyota Tacoma with electric seat adjustments?  If so, does it interfere with the ability to adjust the seat by accessing the knobs by pulling it up?  Or can you not even install the seat cover over the knobs?  I did contact a local aftermarket truck parts dealer and they did contact Rough Country but the answer they gave about the seat covers and electric seats was vague.

2) Do you have any other recommendations for a different seat cover?

Link Posted: 7/14/2024 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same year truck with electric controls
There’s a cut out for the control on the RC seat covers
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same year truck with electric controls
There’s a cut out for the control on the RC seat covers
View Quote

Thank you! @supercomp
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Wet Okoles are worth a look.

But more money thought, but fit amazingly well (they about look factory), can be customized and the customer service for any repairs is awesome.

I have ten years on the set in my Tundra- I love ‘em.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wet Okoles are worth a look.

But more money thought, but fit amazingly well (they about look factory), can be customized and the customer service for any repairs is awesome.

I have ten years on the set in my Tundra- I love ‘em.
View Quote

I’ll take a look!
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If Bartact made a full set I'd recommend them. I avoid anything neoprene.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If Bartact made a full set I'd recommend them. I avoid anything neoprene.
View Quote

Why?? @Stitches
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why?? @Stitches
View Quote

Absorbs sweat and if not cleaned regularly, it can stink something fierce.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Escape Gear in South Africa makes some nice seat covers that were very decently priced when I got them.

Very tough, grey or khaki.  Holes for seat adjusters in mine.

ETA:
And get over to IH8mud
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm with the posters above- neoprene covers are miserable. Had both Wet Okoles and the RC knockoffs in my '19 Tacoma.

The RC Knockoffs fit tighter, wet okoles were disappointing. Both were horrible to clean. If you have dogs might as well just give up.

Ended up with leather clazzios. Cheaper than the wet okoles and excellent covers in fit, look, and easy of cleaning.

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I dunno- my Wet Okoles have been awesome. They fit amazing, and I have never found them to be hot or stink.

The truck lives on the beach all summer, they take a beating with wet, salty and sandy people from May to September. I wash them quick once a year, no issues.

When I wore out the front seat cover after about eight years of my getting in and out a thousand times, one email, $75 and a week later an exact replacement appeared.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?? @Stitches

@Stitches1974

Got it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I dunno- my Wet Okoles have been awesome. They fit amazing, and I have never found them to be hot or stink.

The truck lives on the beach all summer, they take a beating with wet, salty and sandy people from May to September. I wash them quick once a year, no issues.

When I wore out the front seat cover after about eight years of my getting in and out a thousand times, one email, $75 and a week later an exact replacement appeared.
View Quote
Also no problems with wet okoles.
Very tight fit and had to let them warm up in the pick-up with the windows closed.

This was a ways back.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Do the Wet Okoles fade? I had a set of Cover King neoprene covers that faded pretty badly after 4 years.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do the Wet Okoles fade? I had a set of Cover King neoprene covers that faded pretty badly after 4 years.
View Quote

Mine haven’t at all.

But then I have tinted windows, not sure how that changes things but mine have zero fading.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a set of neoprene covers, they were OK but dog hair magnets. The hair would get stuck in the covers and   looked like a chia pet and couldn't get it out with a vacuum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top