BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
20 years ago, Seattle was a great place to visit.  The waterfront, aquarium, pikes place market, museums, pacific science center, Ye Olde Curiosity store, etc.  Now, it has turned into a place filled with junkies who shit on the street, homeless encampments, rampant drug use, in short, it is a city I now avoid at all costs.
View Quote

Those are all the things I enjoy most when visiting the big city.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Businesses are already leaving. Columbia just announced they’re not reopening their Seattle store. There have been others in the news that are leaving.
View Quote

Amazon is currently moving it's PNW operations to Redmond, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Will it drive out Amazon there?
View Quote

Amazon has already been moving people to Redmond IIRC.

They are also building a "second HQ" in Virginia (This is the one that was supposed to be in NYC that AOC killed).
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm excited to see how this all unfolds
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if Boeing is beefing up security....

Hell, the Navy should probably bolster their force-protection apparatus as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is so stupid that I wish we could fast forward to see just how bad it gets. The waiting won’t take long, but it’ll suck.
View Quote

Here you go..........

x365
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if Kurt Russell is too old to star in "Escape from Seattle?"
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
View Quote
View Quote

Sounds like Mencken

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.
Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well she just hired a former pimp to be the "street czar" and basically take over for the police. It's cliche but you really can't make this shit up.

https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-hires-ex-pimp-to-be-street-czar
Are you fucking kidding .e?
View Quote

Funny how all this happened months ago.

The contract was signed by a representative from the city's Department of Neighborhoods on June 22, as the CHOP demonstrations were still unfolding. Taylor didn't sign the contract, however, until July 27."
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wonder if Boeing is beefing up security....

Hell, the Navy should probably bolster their force-protection apparatus as well.
View Quote

The Boeing facility is in Everett, and Boeing is doing a grand old job right now of slitting it's own throat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wtf, not only at that story but also at that website.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/516916/Screenshot_20200922-215333_png-1603451.JPG
View Quote

Unfortunately, most of the hard core conservative, anti-leftist media sites don't have daddy warbucks or giant woke corporations to help fund them, so they probably go all in on trying to get ad revenue.

Just click on that boner drug ad, helps get the message out
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've lived in Seattle all 58 years of my life and have had just about enough. About to close on a home in rural Western PA and will be moving as soon as I can tie up loose ends here.
View Quote

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Pennsylvania is basically a mirror opposite of Washington.  The radical leftist of the eastern part of the state (Philly) dictates the policy and politics of the entire state.  Western Pa is like living in rural Spokane or Stevens county.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like that vile cunt Kshama Sawant is the actual mayor of Seattle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Pennsylvania is basically a mirror opposite of Washington.  The radical leftist of the eastern part of the state (Philly) dictates the policy and politics of the entire state.  Western Pa is like living in rural Spokane or Stevens county.
View Quote

I've lived in a bunch of states and they're all the same. The major urban center is a liberal shit hole fucking over the rest of the rural conservative state.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So.....

As a property owner I can expect my property taxes to diminish as the budget diminishes ?

I would bet not !
View Quote

The fire department will need more.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why?

FD isn't rolling into shit that isn't cleared.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They are also building a "second HQ" in Virginia (This is the one that was supposed to be in NYC that AOC killed).
View Quote

Yeah, in Crystal City, where the urban density is already high and traffic into and out of DC is a nightmare. They didn't help anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I didn't say they'll get more, just that the increased number of burning buildings would warrant it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup.

Last one out please turn out the lights.
View Quote

Don’t know if you were purposely reaching back into obscure Seattle lore, but there used to be a sign on Pacific Highway leaving Seattle that said just that after the 1971 bust.

Seattle is a town of booms and busts. The city gets all big tits and then gets slapped down. They are way overdue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I didn't say they'll get more, just that the increased number of burning buildings would warrant it.
View Quote

Hmmm... private force protection details for fire/EMS.

Might be a job opportunity.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Might have to send AOC flowers for helping them dodge a bullet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

When virtue signaling goes wrong

In 3......2.......1....
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That works for me. Not perfect, but like others have stated better than my present situation. (A very nice older house selling for $46,000 in a small town helps too !)
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Madison-Milwaukee and Chicago running our state...
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Not a single dime of our money should go to any city that defunds the police, the whole department should walk off. Businesses if they are smart should close up shop. That shit hole will turn into the wild west and shortly after little Mogadishu in the sense that war lords and lawlessness will rise. Also zero mutual aid. Let red cross deal with the hospitals too. May a whole lot of fuck be upon them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Seattle getting what it wants.
View Quote
Yes.  Yes indeed.  Good and hard.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is so stupid that I wish we could fast forward to see just how bad it gets. The waiting won't take long, but it'll suck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where amazon goes. Liberal retardation follows. I’m glad they’re not coming to my city.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Liberal shit holes are population centers and the rest of the rural conservative state is vast areas of nothingness. People vote, trees and dirt don't.
View Quote

You must be a wizard....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top