BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You only have to punch someone in the face once for it to be effective. Nothing cute about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s cute. Punch a heavy bag with that and post pics of your hand afterwards

You only have to punch someone in the face once for it to be effective. Nothing cute about it.

You’ll be sharing body fluids.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cold steel has you covered.
View Quote

That polyethylene shillelagh, to compliment your stubby shillelagh, would be a decent stand off head whacker.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

It only has to work once.

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you won’t, Not with these. I have used them (not against folks, I’m a pacifist:)  The Key is the amount of material Mark left behind the finger holes. These are the best I’ve ever tried. Yes, some knuckles will fk up your hands.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No you won’t, Not with these. I have used them (not against folks, I’m a pacifist:)  The Key is the amount of material Mark left behind the finger holes. These are the best I’ve ever tried. Yes, some knuckles will fk up your hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knuckles should be custom made for the buyer. What fits your hand and won’t cant on impact will break another users fingers. At least with brass there’s no sharp edges in the finger holes to lacerate the users fingers
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Knuckles should be custom made for the buyer. What fits your hand and won’t cant on impact will break another users fingers. At least with brass there’s no sharp edges in the finger holes to lacerate the users fingers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with sharp edges being a problem and you definitely need to see if the knuckles fit you well. Some have holes that have been too wide for my hands and are painful just gripping them tight. These have been perfect for me.

Op if I derailed your thread, sorry. Good luck in your search but besides whatever you select, always consider the legal ramifications first.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Carbon fiber knife in a kydex sheath
View Quote

Reading Comprehension , it’s a thing .
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
A boot up your ass would not be detected.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Very nice. Shaped just like a butt plug for easy concealment
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a surefire pen.  I haven't flown in a few years, is the pen still gtg on flights?
View Quote

Austin TV news had a blurb a couple of weeks ago about TSA finding guns in people's carryons. They showed a tub of stuff that TSA had confiscated and in the tub was a handful of pens. Not sure if they were Surefires or not.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
A pencil
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a surefire pen.  I haven't flown in a few years, is the pen still gtg on flights?
View Quote
I've had "tactical" looking pens confiscated at courthouses for being too scary looking (was there to fill out some licensing paperwork not attending the actual courtroom), though they gave it back when I left since they aren't thieves like TSA is. The pen they took didn't even look tactical to me, nothing sharp or pointy.

A pencil in a notebook is hard to beat for effectiveness for one use. For extra effectiveness get a sturdy mechanical pencil like the Alvin Draft/Matic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Impact Karambit Tool

Impact Karambit Tool
It is available from other shops , just search .
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A pencil
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cold steel has you covered.

https://www.coldsteel.com/delta-dart/

I’ve got a whole bunch of them for like $3 a pop a few years ago. Cheap enough to just chunk em if necessary
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Natives had this figured out before metal detectors existed
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
FYI many places are not using metal detectors.  New sensors look for any object that is consistent in density to a weapon, even a folded pocket knife, or 3d-printed object that has a certain density, or form.  This triggers an alert for inspection.

They are usually two columns with lights on top, not a traditional "doorway".
View Quote

It still has to be metallic
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#20]
A little water gun filled with bleach with a band-aid covering the muzzle to prevent leaking.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#21]
A pet rock.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on where you are and the TSA agent who checks you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Best options are those that aren't discreet. I won't try and fly with my trekking poles or full-size unbreakable umbrella anymore...to much grief, fucking TSA.

Some other options. The folding titanium razor blade is excellent. You have to purchase blades at your destination, but when I can't check luggage, this is my "pocketknife" when I travel.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Bar of soap rolled up in a towel.

Anyone tries to mug you, wait until lights out and give them a Blanket Party.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#25]
2 tube socks and 4 golf balls makes two melee weapons - 1 for you and 1 for someone who looks like they could assist in an emergency.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
https://blktriangle.com/collections/g10-knives

This is what you are looking for.

Go to there instagram they have photos of how well they hide on X-ray and metal detectors.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#29]
What's wrong with bringing a cheap knife? You know the ones "10 for $30" types. If they confiscate it it's no loss (outside of not having it on the flight). Ime

I recall the most recent flight I was on, the passenger behind me was delayed for a bag search due to what looked like a knife on their xray or whatever they use. Dude pulled out her mosquito skinner and confiscated it. While he was focused on that, he missed her Rambo knife.

Don't expect them to stop a terrorist. She wasn't even trying to hide anything and didn't know the policies or how tech works.

An ip68 aluminum flashlight, filled with water from the latrine isn't the worst blunt object.

You can always disassemble something from the bird.

Worse comes to worse, you can always break off a finger and use the shattered bone. Doesn't need to be your finger. There's plenty of stuff in the air that can be improvised effectively enough not to go to that extreme.

Something you can travel with every time, without issue? If I told you, it wouldn't be an option anymore.  Sorry bud. Put your thinking cap on, you'll figure something out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#30]
How much metal does there have to be to be detected?

There are 3D printed guns where the only metal is the barrel, a spring, and a few screws. Check out the .22LR Harlot. I've made a couple and they're awesome. The barrel liner is only 5/16" diameter and just a couple inches long. Less metal than my belt buckle which never triggers any metal detectors.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#31]

They work great as a pen too!
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I agree with sharp edges being a problem and you definitely need to see if the knuckles fit you well. Some have holes that have been too wide for my hands and are painful just gripping them tight. These have been perfect for me.

Op if I derailed your thread, sorry. Good luck in your search but besides whatever you select, always consider the legal ramifications first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To trouble at all. I am learning.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

That “pencil” having “tactical” on it defeats its purpose.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#35]
A G10 dagger could be handy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pencil

I wonder if that is legal in FL since it isn't made of metal. I wonder if it actually works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pencil

I wonder if that is legal in FL since it isn't made of metal. I wonder if it actually works.

Carrying actual brass knuckles is legal in Ohio.

You sure it’s not legal in FL? Those would probably work, functionally. Sure, the extra mass of brass aids the momentum of the punch, but the extra weight of the knucks is secondary to its principle functions.  The principle functions of brass knucks is the palm swell that reaches back into the hand and the concentration of force at the strike point.  Any strong hard non-brittle material can do this.

Concentrating force at the strike points is self explanatory, and those carbon knuckles have it.  The palm swell allows force of the punch to be transmitted from the wrist/palm through the device to the strike face (instead of the human’s knuckles and carpels); increasing the efficiency of the strike into the punchee and protecting the hand of the punchor… the carbon knuckles should also do that decently.  More importantly, this is why knuckles should PROPERLY fit the user… poorly fitting knuckles can really injure the user if they don’t understand what brass knuckles are actually doing for you. In this regard, these carbon knuckles look like a terrible option.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Pocket sand not an option?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#38]
rapier-like wit and my swinging codpiece
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#39]
It was metal but, a super thin folding knife like a thicker credit card. I went to a concert and they were metal detecting everyone. I didn’t want to ditch the knife or get kicked out so I put it in my wallet.

They didn’t even check
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Very nice. Shaped just like a butt plug for easy concealment
View All Quotes

If that's what you like.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Black triangle makes nice g10 stuff for no detection.

https://blktriangle.com/collections
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
why go covert?

Cane Masters

You cannot have it taken from you by legal means, not even at airport boarding

They cannot ask you any questions about your abilities, or need for your appliance . They cannot ask you to justify your use

Hickory has a density almost half again harder than oak

it's cool
View Quote

I'll second this.  I have one.  They are excellent.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I 3D printed a butterfly knife for my youngest daughter, she wanted to practice with one but not cut her finger off.

It worked alot better than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#45]
The guys in stir prefer a sharpened pork chop bone.
Bonus points for sharpening it on a concrete floor.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Felony in California.
View All Quotes

Everything is a felony in California.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Those little wooden bastards the mine detectors don’t pick up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Glock 7.  Porcelain
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Butt plug with a tail
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top