View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By imq707s:
Originally Posted By nsw8148:
Originally Posted By nottooslow:
Ruger Mark IV
Keltec CP33
This pistol is way more fun than it has any right to be and is a great suppressor host.

https://i.imgur.com/bVzTRFO.jpg

33rnds......I bet that would be fun!
They make a mag extension making it 50 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
S&W M&P. If you need something a little more bigger Ruger Charger. The Mask is a great rifle can but Rugged Mustang all the pistols.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Pistols that don’t require HV ammo will often function well with the CCI Quiet Semi Auto. The only time I can tell the difference in the Quiet and Quiet Semi Auto is in my bolt action when suppressed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb31:
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:
Ruger MkIV 22/45 Lite.  They were made specifically to shoot suppressed.  Easily the best 22LR platform for shooting suppressed.  Easiest to clean and mount optics as well.

That's what I have been looking at for a new host.  Any options that will cycle CCI quiets?  Standards are pretty quiet, cut sometimes it would be nice to run reeealy quiet.  For more than one shot.

Pistols that don’t require HV ammo will often function well with the CCI Quiet Semi Auto. The only time I can tell the difference in the Quiet and Quiet Semi Auto is in my bolt action when suppressed.

Good to know thanks.  I haven't see that around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
S&W 422 series ... ie 2206, 2213, etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Iwantfullauto:
I got one of the Silencer Shop 22/45s here on the EE. I like how short it is with the can. I ended up buying a Rugged Mustang just for it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53356/20240420_131101_jpg-3198358.JPG
View Quote

@iwantfullauto
Details on clamp mount?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]

I can get the 1050fps CCI Subsonic segmented HP to feed in semi autos that don’t require HV ammo. Have you tried that loading?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb31:

I run standards too.  I have a bunch of segmented HP Quiets, but I have not found anything that will cycle them either.  I also agree on the Subsonics/Suppressor.  I can't tell a difference between them and the standards so I want the velocity.

I can get the 1050fps CCI Subsonic segmented HP to feed in semi autos that don’t require HV ammo. Have you tried that loading?

I have some of that and it seems pretty decent.  I find it to be pretty close to standards in volume, but I do like the HPs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
your choice of host won’t really matter with the Sparrow suppressor, it has a pronounced first round pop compared to others.

Ruger MK4 is the answer to your question
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wmagrush:
Affordable: Taurus TX22. And surprisingly well designed.
View Quote

I like this one kids do to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
My Walter P22 runs 100%.

I do like the look of a ruger with the suppressor though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#12]
In the exact same boat as OP.

Would prefer to avoid anything zamak / “pot metal”. One gun I never hear much about is the SR22. Apparently the slide is aluminum, and the threaded model comes with a muzzle device that basically allows you to switch between threaded / normal barrel.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#13]
You might enjoy my YouTube videos on suppressed pistols

YouTube playlist
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Ruger Mk anything threaded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite. Seems pretty popular.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the Volquartsen black mamba. It has all the stuff I'd eventually put on a MkIV anyways.

Runs well on a variety of ammunition with or without a dead air mask attached.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By OBird: In the exact same boat as OP.

Would prefer to avoid anything zamak / “pot metal”. One gun I never hear much about is the SR22. Apparently the slide is aluminum, and the threaded model comes with a muzzle device that basically allows you to switch between threaded / normal barrel.

Anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62477/IMG_6675_jpeg-3198665.JPG
View Quote

Bought the long slide version for my MIL b/c it has an external hammer she can cock before racking the slide.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#18]
My FN 502 is a piece shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#20]
This is relevant to my interest.

Cross posted from the silencer forum. Looking for any and all advice on my plan.

I’ve been looking at adding 1-3 more 22lr pistols. My kids are at that age they can graduate from BB guns and with the quick form 4 times it seems like a perfect time to get some more 22lr pistols and silencers in the collection(suppressed 22 is best 22)

I want something that is similar to a 9mm handgun in size and controls and can take a rds(sorry G44, you’d be a no brainer if I could mount a dot)

Thinking TX22

Or

FN 502 tactical

A Ruger Mark IV 22/45

Leaning towards the Silencer shop edition.

But may go with a plain Jane model and have it cut and threaded on my own, price will end up being close

And something tiny.

Beretta bobcat has always seemed cool

But the LCP with a threaded barrel is also intriguing

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
View Quote

Second post in a few minutes saying the same thing.

As a long time(satisfied) Walther P22 owner I’m willing to cut Umarex some slack but the FN more than 2x what I paid for the P22 and there is a lot of competition in that price range.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
View Quote

Crap, I just bought one and it arrives on Monday.

I have a Mark IV lite that runs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be a bit of an outlier here, but I run a Rugged Occulus on a Beretta M9-22 and it's awesome.
Eats any ammo you feed it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
This is relevant to my interest.

Cross posted from the silencer forum. Looking for any and all advice on my plan.

I’ve been looking at adding 1-3 more 22lr pistols. My kids are at that age they can graduate from BB guns and with the quick form 4 times it seems like a perfect time to get some more 22lr pistols and silencers in the collection(suppressed 22 is best 22)

I want something that is similar to a 9mm handgun in size and controls and can take a rds(sorry G44, you’d be a no brainer if I could mount a dot)

Thinking TX22
https://www.gunbuyer.com/media/catalog/product/cache/b04d66171d00fad12bf0465168dada64/_/t/_t_i_ti1-tx22131_1_hr.jpg

Or

FN 502 tactical
https://fnamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Pistols_Thumb__0000_502Tact_FDE_side_right_mag12.png

A Ruger Mark IV 22/45

Leaning towards the Silencer shop edition.
https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Tactical/images/40182.jpg

But may go with a plain Jane model and have it cut and threaded on my own, price will end up being close
https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245/images/40107.jpg

And something tiny.

Beretta bobcat has always seemed cool
https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7af8331bf1196ca28793bd1e8f6ecc7b/b/e/beretta-21a-bobcat-22-lr-pistol_-flat-dark-earth.jpg

But the LCP with a threaded barrel is also intriguing
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/20210813_151049.jpg

View Quote

Talked to the guy at the LGS when I picked up my Sparrow22 can today. He said that they have had nothing but great like with those TX22's.  For the price, I think I might pick up one of those.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Have you thought of a .22lr kit with threaded barrel for a current pistol that you have?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I went cheap and got the Kel-Tec P17. I wish I'd saved up and gotten the Ruger 22/45.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]
TX22 Comp gets my vote. I splurged for the comp model because the slide is cut allowing your optic to mount directly to the barrel. It's been a solid pistol that is accurate and smooth running. Currently waiting on a SiCo sparrow myself but have been running a Mack Brothers Tango with zero issues.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I hit every LGS I could find, and not a single one of them had anything with a threaded barrel on it.  EXCEPT.....one place had a lightly used TX22, do I picked it up for $200!  

I ran a couple of hundred rounds through it last night....all different kinds, and it ate them all like a champ!! I was worried it was going to feel like a cheap pistol, but I actually really like it!!

Not bad for $200!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
Ruger 22/45 Lite
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:15:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#30]
Originally Posted By Redec:
My Walter P22 runs 100%.

I do like the look of a ruger with the suppressor though.
View Quote

I'm almost ashamed to admit I own one of the Walther P22Qs as well but I wanted something small, lightweight and inexpensive to toss in my pack with the suppressor and a couple of magazines; I grabbed one when PSA* had them on sale for like $250 with a "free" pair of very overpriced Leupold sunglasses.  I really wanted the Ruger, but it was twice as expensive for something that's mostly just riding around in my daypack and the Ruger's upside down safety really bugs me (Hey Ruger, that's retarded and needs fixing!).  In hindsight, I'd probably buy the Taurus TX22 Compact for that role; I much prefer my 22/45 for regular use but it's a larger, more expensive gun, especially with the Volquartsen guts.

For a cheap feeling, plastic and pot metal gun with a mixed reputation it's eaten everything from hypervelocity to most subsonics (it chokes on some of the really weak subsonic stuff but so do other .22s I've tried unless they've had a reduced spring put in them but then you don't want to run faster ammo).  The newer Q models seem to work much better than the earlier models but the trigger spring is a really thin and weakly sprung piece and if it gets bent a little out of shape the gun won't function properly- I actually called MCarbo and asked if they would consider making a better quality one and they said they'd have to look at it.  I pulled mine down, replaced the front sight with an inexpensive HiViz and, like the Glock .25 trigger job, polished anything that rubbed and it helped a little but the trigger still isn't great and it probably wasn't worth the time.  But yeah, if you can get past how cheap it is and the mediocre trigger so far the gun works and it's surprisingly accurate with that weird barrel liner setup it uses (like their MP5/22 and HK 416/22 guns).  Goofy side note for nerds, the main character in The Gray Man series uses one on occasion- personally I don't trust it enough for that application, maybe if that trigger spring was replaced.  Nah, I'd go with an Amphibian or something much better quality if I were in that line of work.  

I ordered my threaded adapter from this guy- really nice quality and very fast shipping: https://hughesprecision.com/product/walther-p22-new-style-long-guide-adapter-with-fluted-thread-protector-sku192/

*PSA has several on sale right now, the cheapest being this nickle colored model at $230 with 200rnds of Federal Punch ammo:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/walther-p22-ca-22lr-pistol-nickel-5120336.html
Other colors:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/brands/walther.html?caliber_multi_v2=.22LR
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cchurchi] [#31]
I have now put 500 rounds through my FN 502 with 200 of those suppressed.  I had 2 failures to fire, but I just cocked the hammer again and the rounds fired the second time.  My only complaint is that there is this annoying port in the slide that blasts carbon all over the front lens of my RMR.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I got one of the Silencer Shop 22/45s here on the EE. I like how short it is with the can. I ended up buying a Rugged Mustang just for it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53356/20240420_131101_jpg-3198358.JPG
View Quote

@Iwantfullauto

What optic mount is that?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Tx22 hands down. I own them all and this is where i would start
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

link to clamp mount for light?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Not worth it anymore, they've entered collector territory and sell for a lot more than a lot of the other examples mentioned here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Originally Posted By Moyockgunner:
Find as new of a S&W 422/622 as you can find. Bore runs along the bottom of the slab barrel. Readily adapts to suppessor. No need for suppessor height sights. Uses Model 41 mags. Super reliable. Loves Stingers.

Not worth it anymore, they've entered collector territory and sell for a lot more than a lot of the other examples mentioned here.

Back when, used to horse trade them for $100ish. I don't even want to know what they go for now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
The Browning Buck series is super accurate and shoots like a dream plus it is very reliable. I like it much better than the Rugers.
View Quote
This. I don't know why the Rugers seem to be so much more popular when the Browning is a better pistol.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By paleus:
This. I don't know why the Rugers seem to be so much more popular when the Browning is a better pistol.
View All Quotes
The Browning Buck series is super accurate and shoots like a dream plus it is very reliable. I like it much better than the Rugers.

Aftermarket parts and the availability of threaded uppers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

View All Quotes

It's not like you can't remove the Browning barrel with 2 screws and bolt a threaded barrel on.  You can even get threaded from the factory one step up from their cheapest model.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Tx22 hands down. I own them all and this is where i would start
View Quote

For being such an inexpensive pistol...it actually shoot great! I'm very happy with mine!

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

It's not like you can't remove the Browning barrel with 2 screws and bolt a threaded barrel on.  You can even get threaded from the factory one step up from their cheapest model.
View All Quotes

Do as many companies make threaded uppers for Buckmarks as those that make them for Mk series. In as many variations of length, railed, etc? Must be some reason and I’d wager, beyond aftermarket parts, the boom in rimfire can owners has lead to the increase in threaded upper manufacturers. When I got one 10yrs ago it seemed like TACSOL were the only ones doing them. Now there are a bunch.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Ruger MKIV
Browning Buckmark
Sig P322

All good

I’d stay away from the Walther P22 based on my experience with them.

The S&W MP22 Compact is ok but the rear sight design is junk.

I didn’t like the Taurus TX22 grip

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I hit every LGS I could find, and not a single one of them had anything with a threaded barrel on it.  EXCEPT.....one place had a lightly used TX22, do I picked it up for $200!  

I ran a couple of hundred rounds through it last night....all different kinds, and it ate them all like a champ!! I was worried it was going to feel like a cheap pistol, but I actually really like it!!

Not bad for $200!!
View Quote

You did well.
I'd pick one up at that price.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#43]
200 is a good deal

Eta my black mamba

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I dropped a MKIV Tactical upper onto an all metal MKIV lower instead of the polymer 22/45 lower and its about the perfect night time .22 setup I've ever used.

I have a Primay Arms RS10 rds in a QD mount for passive aiming at night, and a TLR2 IR light/ laser underneath.

The sparrow I just picked up and so far is on par with other .22 cans. Anguilla subs are crazy quiet, but not the most reliable.  Everything else runs like a top until 500 rounds or so then it's time for a cleaning.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Talked to the guy at the LGS when I picked up my Sparrow22 can today. He said that they have had nothing but great like with those TX22's.  For the price, I think I might pick up one of those.
View Quote

I was blown away how good they are. I think they won a gun of the year award.

The other HUGE Surprise gun was a gag 1911-22. GREAT suppressor host

But I would start with the tx22
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Not bad for $200!!
View Quote

You stole the thing lol.

Great deal
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I like the Taurus tx22. People who own them seem to really like them and they get good reviews.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#48]

I've heard so many good things about the TX-22 that I'm thinking about getting one and seeing if it'll give my Mk III 22/45 a run for its money.
View All Quotes

I've heard so many good things about the TX-22 that I'm thinking about getting one and seeing if it'll give my Mk III 22/45 a run for its money.

My MkIII 22/45 collects dust in the safe since I bought a used TX22. It is the G19 of the .22 pistol world. I can count on one hand the number of times it’s malfunctioned that wasn’t an ammo issue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Ruger or a Buckmark but I prefer the Buckmark after owning both and using a can.
Buckmark action is open and catches less crud than the Ruger.

The P22 is complete trash if you intend to shoot at things you want to hit.
The slide is cast zinc (?) , not very robust when new.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Do as many companies make threaded uppers for Buckmarks as those that make them for Mk series. In as many variations of length, railed, etc? Must be some reason and I’d wager, beyond aftermarket parts, the boom in rimfire can owners has lead to the increase in threaded upper manufacturers. When I got one 10yrs ago it seemed like TACSOL were the only ones doing them. Now there are a bunch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CavScout:  The Browning Buck series is super accurate and shoots like a dream plus it is very reliable. I like it much better than the Rugers.

No one makes a threaded "upper" for a Browning - b/c the frame is the gun on the Browning, so you just drop in barrels willy nilly.  Same w/ a Picatinny rail - it just screws in to the existing rear sight rail holes.
Page / 4
Top Top