Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2022 12:01:34 PM EDT
I was not expecting this at all, but fortunately I have pretty good reaction time.  I had to hit the brakes harder than it looks in the video, going from about 35mph to 5 very quickly.

Near crash as an 18-wheeler fails to yield
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Trucker is a tard in that instance. Also, interesting choice of music.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Given the music....you deserved it.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My thought too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I expect that in the cites because everyone  drives aggressive or you end up going no where .
Not so much in the country setting like you're at.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
That music must have caused you to fall asleep, good thing you were not going any faster.
Is there something wrong with your horn?
I would have been pushing my hand thru mine, this is why I have a dash cam.
That trucker might have though you were going to make a right hand turn or that he had a left turn arrow.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Lug nut rule - the vehicle with more has the right of way.

My DD has four per wheel so I yield to pretty much everything on the road.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
"I'll wait until they're really close, and then turn!"

Nice job, trucker.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
The lack of colorful language was impressive…
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for your music causing that. He thought you were dreaming.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Classical music, good choice.

Truck driver was asshole.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Got one of these for my Birthday.

Wolfbox G840 rear-view mounted dashcam

Still getting all the wires tucked away... But so far... Impressed with video quality. Just nothing interesting to share yet...

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#12]
No blood,no foul.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The lack of colorful language was impressive
View Quote

Should have given that driver an enthusiastic Kevin Kline Fish-Called-Wanda "ASSHOLE!!" out the window.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm guessing he got overly focused on the car to your right making the right-hand turn.

Good on you for your defensive driving skills.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Not my video, but easily could be.  This is what popped up in my suggested videos at the end of OP's video.

This is nothing.  I've watched Porsches do this.  It's completely commonplace in francophone cities.

Will your fancy Tesla Autopark do this?  Fucking le no.

French Parking 2026262738VID-20120512-00013
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Gave me a nice flashback.  80-year-old man turned left in front of me suddenly at an intersection while I had a green light.  I slammed on the brakes, but I ended up hitting his trunk hard.  Totalled both cars and sent his 90-year-old passenger on an ambulance ride.  I'm so glad I didn't hit closer to the passenger door.

That was a good car.    At least now I vividly know what it feels like to hit an airbag.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#18]
The 26 foot box truck loaded to the gills behind me didn't stop and plowed into the back of me. My truck is totaled. Goddamit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Almost only counts in pussy and horseshoes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drive with Classical music on when I'm certain the commute traffic is going to be a disaster. Sorta calms the nerves and helps with the road rage.  And I need all the help I can get.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was what was playing on the radio at that moment.  Not my favorite style of classical, but it's better than anything else out there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I like your choice in music.  Classical has it's place.

I hope you sent that video to the local "Crum" Company terminal manager..........
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I was on a 2x2 lane city road a couple weeks ago leaving my neighborhood for work early.
I was paying more attention to the rear mirror making sure I was moving along.
No one around me.
I was in the left lane and I noticed headlights coming at me.
Took me a split second to realize they were reenacting planes, trains, and autos and I slammed on the brakes and moved to the right.
Elderly person in a minivan.  
Got it on the dashcam.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]
These two jackasses this morning.  Can't see it in the video, but the driver of the blue Dodge looked at me with his mouth agape like he thought he was about to get t-boned.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why I have the audio turned off on both of our dashcams.

I hope there is no downside to that, other than not hearing the various remarks we constantly make to the crappy drivers in town.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It was what was playing on the radio at that moment.  Not my favorite style of classical, but it's better than anything else out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounded more Baroque, like one of the Brandenburg Concertos.  I could be wrong.  

My dash recording would have had lots of expletives in it.  Then I would have remembered I was being recorded.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not my video, but easily could be.  This is what popped up in my suggested videos at the end of OP's video.

This is nothing.  I've watched Porsches do this.  It's completely commonplace in francophone cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6MqsBombA
View Quote

Decades ago in greater Chicagoland, especially in the winter, I saw this and more.  I saw people nudge gaps until they were wide enough, using fwd to spin the nose into slots that were less than a foot longer than the car, and worse.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Trucker was a dick and I'm glad you didn't get a test of the "Law of Gross Tonnage".
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#29]
18-wheeler driver was probably on his way to a tunnel, in the left lane.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Pic of OP.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6MqsBombA
View Quote

Saw quite a few folks park this way in NYC. And get out of a spot that way too. Can't really blame them if someone gives them a quarter inch of space.

Some folks have these now.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
These two jackasses this morning.  Can't see it in the video, but the driver of the blue Dodge looked at me with his mouth agape like he thought he was about to get t-boned.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-osPxDugBE
View Quote

I do that too to people that run the light.

Gives them a scare to make them think about it.

You know that light was at least yellow for awhile before red then to go when they know it's red.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a chill driver.  I did mutter "asshole," you can kind of make it out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Windshield destruction 4-6-2017 I-80 Carlin Nv
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#35]
2 accidents, both in my Jeep.  Both accidents involved female drivers.  Both times the other drivers' insurance companies paid out when I emailed them the videos.

First one sideswiped me on an exit ramp.  She turned right from the left turn lane.

Second one turned left in front of me.  It doesn't really look like it in the video, but when it actually happened, it looked like she leapt out in front of me.

Bonus - girl on cell phone not paying attention and walling right at me.  I was going to let her walk into me, but the guy behind me honked and that got her attention.  Warning, annoying high pitched noise in audio.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Cab drivers =Albanians and Koreans.

Water and sewer trucks that love to drive in the on coming lane and run stop signs.

I need a damn dash cam bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Car on the left refused to execute his left turn into the center lane.  Trucker in front of me got tired of waiting, and made his turn instead…but couldn’t get past the white car.  If I had moved forward in the lane, I would’ve been a hood ornament…

It made my hiney pucker up a bit!  I leave the audio off specifically so you don’t hear the string of profanities.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I got a local deputy on camera almost blowing a stop sign and nearly plowing me.  Residential type rural rd.    No emergency situation, luckily I saw him from a distance and noticed he wasn't slowing down.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's why I have the audio turned off on both of our dashcams.

I hope there is no downside to that, other than not hearing the various remarks we constantly make to the crappy drivers in town.
View Quote

I have the audio turned off on my dash cam.  I have a feeling the audio would harm my case more then help it if it ended up in court.

When I installed my son's dash cam, I gave him the option.  He thought no audio would be preferable as well.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#40]
A similar incident happened the other day, not to me, but in front of me. I believe that car came closer that you did to running under the truck.  

I hit the blues and the truck driver whined, "But I'll lose my CDL over this ticket!"

I didn't say it, but I thought, "Don't drive with head up ass and that won't be an issue."
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Trucker trash gonna trucker trash.  It’s what they do.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Just another asshole driver but happens to be in a much bigger vehicle than yours. Post the video on the company's FB/IG page.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#43]

53'er nearly sideswiped a pickup which nearly sideswiped me.  All avoided a collision.  Rearview cam really shows how close it happened. Front cam looks like nothing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sounded more Baroque, like one of the Brandenburg Concertos.  I could be wrong.  

My dash recording would have had lots of expletives in it.  Then I would have remembered I was being recorded.
View Quote

I checked WGUC's website, and the piece was Septet for Strings and Winds by Beethoven.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#45]
If OP weren't eating from his charcuterie board and only wearing his monacle, he would have had 87x more time to stop
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Trucker failed to yield is correct and you have good reflexes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-osPxDugBE
View Quote
your dash cam vid is way cooler than OP's.
You should start your own thread and ask mods to delete this thread as a pre-dupe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Windshield destruction 4-6-2017 I-80 Carlin Nv

View Quote

It's no problem, that pickup has a bumper sticker that says: Stay back 587 feet. Not responsible for windshields.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Glad you didn't get rekt but my main takeaway from this is that if I were your passenger I'd have taken that slow-down opportunity to tuck and roll.  I mean, if I'd been awake to notice it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top