Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the title for dumbest congressman is being fought over daily. Really hard to pick a clear winner.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My folks were involved in politics and I spoke to her at a few functions. Even as a kid/teenager I thought she came across as stupid.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yet her and Cantwell may as well be appointed for life.  It's embarrassing.
View Quote
Agreed.  Sadly, like Oregon Washington is represented by the metropolitan areas of Seattle and Portland and have large rural areas that don't agree with many of their senators positions.

I've given up writing them on anything so as to keep my blood pressure in check.  Some of the responses I've received back are unbelievable.

To be fair, here in SW Washington our Representative is much better (Jamie Herrera-Butler).  Not perfect, but does more accurately reflect local opinions.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had to look at the story to see who she is.  I see her periodically on the news, but she's a potted plant standing behind the speaker in the clip.

And Guam Boy may have first dibs on the title.
View Quote
Thinking guam may tip over like a canoe is certainly an achievement but don't misunderestimate Patty.  I say we put them in a room with this, 2 enter but only one leaves (possibly both die of dehydration before completing the puzzle):

Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last time I saw a mouth like that,it had a hook in it.

Boy,I'll bet she was something before electricity.......
View Quote
Did you cut the line?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Momma in tennis shoes.

That was her moniker when she first ran.

What a fucking loon.  I couldn't believe she won that first election.  Now I can't believe she has lasted this long.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee is added to the list.

She asked nasa to send path finder over to look at the first manned lunar lander site. NASA rep response'ah mam they are on different planets.'
View Quote
. . . and then she threw a screaming fit over how it was racist to tell her that.  Not even joking.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember crawling under my desk, wondering what moran thought of it.
View Quote
Yep.  Same here.

I guess the thinking was that if you were outside the zone of total destruction, you'd be somewhat sheltered from flying glass and window frame splinters from the overpressure.  That way you could die a lingering death from radiation sickness or cancer.

ETA - The competition for "stupidest" is stiff.  The leading contenders in Congress have already been mentioned.  Murray's comment called out in the OP doesn't come close to qualifying.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I will never take her seriously, until she fixes her dentition.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:12:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank the Seventeenth Amendment and population concentration in Seattle.

The rest of the state has no representation in the US Senate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:12:43 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Almost like a Dave Chapell skit.

Yeah Patty Murray is a snake and a thief fortunately for her the Internet has been cleaned  of her scandal involving her campaign finance.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sadly this......  
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:32:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess the thinking was that if you were outside the zone of total destruction, you'd be somewhat sheltered from flying glass and window frame splinters from the overpressure.  That way you could die a lingering death from radiation sickness or cancer.
View Quote
Most radiation exposure would have come from fallout - which takes a while to start precipitating, and gradually arrives over a period of many hours.

For many people who survived the blast and thermal effects, there would have been plenty of time to seek shelter before any fallout started.

You have to remember that back in that era, many schools and other public buildings had fallout shelters.

What really would have been stupid was advising people that attempting to survive is futile: In the event of a nuclear exchange, it would have resulted in a lot of people dying who could have otherwise survived.

ETA: I don't see anything even vaguely stupid in what Murray said.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:40:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Momma in tennis shoes.

What a fucking loon.  I couldn't believe she won that first election.  Now I can't believe she has lasted this long.
View Quote
I remember that bullshit. The media was fawning all over her.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 3:42:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most radiation exposure would have come from fallout - which takes a while to start precipitating, and gradually arrives over a period of many hours.

For many people who survived the blast and thermal effects, there would have been plenty of time to seek shelter before any fallout started.

You have to remember that back in that era, many schools and other public buildings had fallout shelters.

What really would have been stupid was advising people that attempting to survive is futile: In the event of a nuclear exchange, it would have resulted in a lot of people dying who could have otherwise survived.

ETA: I don't see anything even vaguely stupid in what Murray said.
View Quote
Yes, I went to school in those buildings.  I remember the signs... never saw the inside of the "shelters" though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]
We used to do Duck and Cover drills in grade school. Crawl under the desk and cover your neck. patty Murray is still a piece of shit commie.

Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did she say that Guam was going to capsize?

No?

Then she ain’t the dumbest.
View Quote
Hank beat her to it, is all.  She truly does represent the people that voted for her.  I fell more alien in this state than the all of illegal ones that are taking "sanctuary" up here.  Don't even get me started in AG Bob Ferguson.  This state is a big, beautiful piece if shit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

You'd think she would be in the House of Commons, not the Senate.

http://theseattlelesbian.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Election_Senate.JPG_5FiRVmJ_t810.jpg
View Quote
She has teeth like a fucking gopher. I knew she was nasty, but fuck!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's what happens when the majority of voters in your state think it's a good idea to elect a 'Grandma in sneakers' over their other choices.

As to stupid cocksuckers in Congress...there's enough stupid to go around...and around...and around.
View Quote
Nope just all the fuckers in Seattle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I cannot argue with that assessment.
View Quote
+ 1,000,000,000
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Patty ran on "fixing" education and said that once she did that, she would quit politics and go back to being a mom.

Well that was what, 20+ years ago.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#24]
She can make keys with those teeth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think the title for dumbest congressman is being fought over daily. Really hard to pick a clear winner.
View Quote
No shit. It is like the olympics of stupidity there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I submit for consideration for dumbest politician:
Shelia Jackson Lee
View Quote
I think it would be hard to beat Lee just due to the frequency of her statements of silliness.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's not to protect you from a nuclear blast.  It's to protect you from debris caused by the nuclear blast.

Vulcan94
View Quote
this. if you weren't lit up by the neutron blast, and you weren't incinerated by the fireball, you had a shot at surviving. then it because a matter of hygene. keep the shit out of your lungs and out of your body. exfil most expeditiously.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I submit for consideration for dumbestmost racist politician:
Shelia Jackson Lee
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

You'd think she would be in the House of Commons, not the Senate.

http://theseattlelesbian.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Election_Senate.JPG_5FiRVmJ_t810.jpg
View Quote
Disgenic
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Patty ran on "fixing" education and said that once she did that, she would quit politics and go back to being a mom.

Well that was what, 20+ years ago.
View Quote
To be fair, kids are coming out dumber than before she got elected.

So technically she still needs to do her job.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Did she say that Guam was going to capsize?

No?

Then she ain’t the dumbest.
View Quote
Was it Sheila Jackson Lee that wanted to have the Mars rover drive over to where Apollo 11 landed to prove or disprove it reall landed on the moon?

But yes Patty Murray is stupid, I remember when she was saying Osama Bin Ladin was building schools, hospitals and day care centers for Afghans.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Momma in tennis shoes.

View Quote
That’s a bullshit story made up to get her elected.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#33]
She sucks along with Cantwell. Both have turned into exactly what the campaigned against to get elected.

They don't even bother to seriously campaign in E WA, no need to when you take 80% of the vote in Rufus King, Snohomish and Pierce counties.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Eleanor Holmes Norton has got to be in the running.

Congresswoman Demonstrates 'Worst Parking Job Ever'
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#35]
i submit carolyn mccarthy

and the shoulder thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes she is stupid , but not quite as stupid as the people around here that keep voting her back in.  God help us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top