No Dennys left around here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_ht2WkIuM0

More positive review with some shooting at Thunder Ranch and discussion with Clint Smith who just said "use Ruger mags." Pat Rogers also said "only use Ruger 20s" on here once years ago.

My 90s mini 30 was junk but was reliable with USA steel mags and Eagle plastic mags.
View Quote

I haven't had any problems with the newer Tapco.  But I do have a bunch of factory mags just to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Was my first self defense rifle @ early 80's.

What the younger folks don't realize, there wasn't always an AR manufacturer around every corner. If you bought one, it was a Colt. And they were $1000 back then too, when a grand was worth a thousand dollars.

The Mini hate is mostly propagated by the same cadre that musters on every AK thread. You know....the guy that has never owned one, but parrots bullshit gleaned from the internet.

I like the Garrand action and rocking in a mag doesn't intimidate me. Mine has never failed to function, ever. Even with my beginner reloads. It's not magazine picky. Light and points easily enough for *me*.

It does string vertically. Mounting optics isn't automatic. Mounting anything isn't automatic.

Now regelated to truck/4wheeler gun status. No optics. Rear peep bored larger and front painted white to accommodate my aging eyes. I realize this isn't a target gun, but it is minute of asshole @ 100.

Paid @ $300 in 80something. It's still a decent $300 gun, anything much over is obviously better spent on the AR.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 183 series new in CA.  I moved to Alaska, and actually found someone who wanted it, so I sold it, got my money out of it and never looked back.  I did fire a mini 30 which I thought was a sight better than the 14.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Sooo....did you get your pancakes?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]

I like it! I'm interested in hearing how it shoots when you get it out to the range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’ve had several over the years. All of them functioned fine as long as I used the factory magazines and gave them reasonable care. Accuracy was acceptable on all of them as long as I did my part and I never had any trouble hitting anything inside 100 yards or so which is all I require out of a short, magazine fed light rifle. None of them responded well to mag dumps accuracy wise but other than that I had no problems.

The price for new ones is a little higher than I thought they would be by now but I guess they require a little more care to manufacture than AR’s or some other kind of guns. Casting and machine time ain’t cheap.

I have noticed that most of the flak they get are from people that have never owned one much less shot one though. They just read stuff about them and assume it’s correct without any first hand knowledge or experience with one.

M16’s and AR’s get the same treatment from some people. To this day there are folks still touting how unreliable the AR is because of the initial problems they had when first issued to troops in Vietnam. Once again, no experience, just what they heard or read.

Ruger still makes them and sells all they make.

Somebody must still like them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Fudd thread
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#12]
You know the difference between pancakes and a mini 14?  Pancakes usually hit the spot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]

@aimless

Now replace that stock and buy some gold chains and get a haircut

https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-tm-folding-stock-for-the-ruger-mini-14-copy.html
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can anyone loan me $100k until payday ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14563/IMG_9414-3079702.jpg
View Quote

If you work a corner you could make that $$$$ in 87 days
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
This is 'Merica.

Have guns and pancakes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a used stainless Mini-14 Tactical a few years ago for about $500. Don't regret it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't put an ACOG with a piggybacked RMR on it
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You know the difference between pancakes and a mini 14?  Pancakes usually hit the spot.
View Quote

Aimless, just go to the corner Stewart’s and buy yourself a coffee and pint of NY maple syrup!  Oh wait, sorry.   That’s a about the only joy left here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Lawyer Bird had to get his A-Team thing ON!!

Now go out & get about 30 lbs of "dope rope" and some flashy rings...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#22]
The A-Team TV Theme Tune | The A-Team
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a 181 Ranch Mini14. It had no problem hitting paper plates out to 300yrds. I needed tuition money and had to sell it and yes I have had regrets. I hope the Penguin has as much fun with his that I had with mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The mini is like a stripper with thick glasses I saw in a strip club next to a trailer park. I mean I sort of like the idea, it's okay from certain angles but I know it's no good.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can anyone loan me $100k until payday ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14563/IMG_9414-3079702.jpg
View Quote

Modern Warriors St. George Utah.   Been there.   Awesome gun store.

Best shop I’ve been in since the days of B&B Guns in North Hollywood.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top